Verified:

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 19th 2021, 17:42:06

This is more for after the changes are made in the alliance servers. Would bring a relatively unique option for netters in the clan servers. Also add a weird dynamic for buy/sell. Could spice it up. Maybe do it in whatever the Team server turns into.

Reference - this was in an early rendition of E2025. It didnt go over too well due to suiciders and the like and mehul never wanted to adapt. Just add or remove.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

May 19th 2021, 23:10:08

Sounds like it could add some fun to the gameplay.
Don of LaF

MorTcuS Game profile

May 20th 2021, 10:49:09

make missiles available for purchases only by felow clan members.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 20th 2021, 10:57:30

Its problematic because a 500 acre country has a real cheap way of maxing warfare tech and his missiles are weak because of low acreage/pop/buildings/military but then he can sell a missile to a 250k acre country. The nuke might take out 500 times the acres from the big country.

What is the value of taking out 20k acres in 2 turns? 1 billion? 10 billion?

When your tag is just short the missiles for a chem rush, what is a chem worth for you when it means you can snipe the kill? 100 million? 1 billion?

So that 500 acre country who spent under 50m cash to get the warfare to make 4 missiles a day now has income in the billions/ day assuming someone wants his missiles.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2021, 11:06:31

set max price to 1m dollars?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 20th 2021, 11:09:18

If you couldnt buy instant missiles and rather bid on someones future production, then maybe?

I set an SO for someones future missile and he sets a sale price, the sale price is public and the SO price is public but you might get a cruise or a nuke when you need a chem, and you might not get it soon.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2021, 15:03:09

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Its problematic because a 500 acre country has a real cheap way of maxing warfare tech and his missiles are weak because of low acreage/pop/buildings/military but then he can sell a missile to a 250k acre country. The nuke might take out 500 times the acres from the big country.

What is the value of taking out 20k acres in 2 turns? 1 billion? 10 billion?

When your tag is just short the missiles for a chem rush, what is a chem worth for you when it means you can snipe the kill? 100 million? 1 billion?

So that 500 acre country who spent under 50m cash to get the warfare to make 4 missiles a day now has income in the billions/ day assuming someone wants his missiles.

It would be an interesting dynamic in war times. If the changes go through and alliances dec war on each other or DNH on each other. Untags do 90% less damage. Why not? We can't anticipate how much a missile is going to be worth on a public market. Chances are a lot of people will net it out and missiles can be worth nothing. But if there are two alliances at war, then who cares about the acres lost or the chem snipe kill. It also makes warfare tech worth getting for netters if the missile market is booming. You can also have NPC's flood it at times. Also like Bug was saying, you can max the sell price if needed.

As an adverse to your example. You have a war alliance that has been pumping up for war all set to hit a netting alliance. Netting alliance is caught off guard and loses half their countries. They have a shot at getting back into the game if the missile market is healthy. Maybe their allies sell all of their missiles. Maybe they do restart with 5 low acre countries to help their bigger alliance members do more damage.

I don't know if it will work, but that is why I was thinking a test server.

The future missile idea, while good, sounds like a lot of programming to make work right.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2021, 1:12:35

I support your idea Zen, keep it up!

m0bzta Game profile

May 21st 2021, 3:03:53

netters could bank on selling missles at war time
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 21st 2021, 16:07:59

Someone used to ask this question once a month or so not long ago. The admins said no more than once I think

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2021, 18:53:45

Originally posted by Primeval:
Someone used to ask this question once a month or so not long ago. The admins said no more than once I think

Facts. I bore witness. Haha. But I would say the main reasons given for not doing it were things that in theory should be resolved by the planned changes. If netgainers can play without fear of missiles, I'd ask why not? Might as well be able to buy and sell spies too. Theres plainly no reason not to.

I would still cap players at 1 missile per 250 acres (i.e. "your citizens threaten to revolt out of fear armageddon, purchase could not be made"). Just to sustain the fact that war players should be more rewarded for running good countries.