Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 10th 2021, 19:55:15

The public market will automatically purchase goods that are sold for too low of a price. Currently, auto-purchased goods show up in the market history. I plan to filter these out to give players and NPCs more useful data. For reference, this is what I mean by market history search: https://imgur.com/a/BkR0Tnf

Does anyone have a problem with this change, even if it occurs in the middle of a reset?

Edited By: Slagpit on Apr 26th 2021, 1:35:49
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 10th 2021, 20:18:35

This is both for ingame and API stuff?

As I understand it there are tools that use the market data that would in rare instances be affected by this if you will also change the market data that is shared with the API. If not there is no issue at all. If you will change that too I don't think it's a big issue, at least from my limited understanding.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 10th 2021, 20:22:03

The market feeds that third party sites use won't be impacted. This is just the ingame GUI, from a player perspective.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 10th 2021, 23:02:09

Then I see no issue

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 22:07:54

Are you saying that 34 is below the auto sell feature?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 12th 2021, 22:48:25

As I understand it this is for below the auto-sell which is mainly applicable for tech especially in express. His screenshot just shows what he means by the market history.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 23:07:46

Well I figured that, but I was unsure as he posted goods that were totally viable in transactions.

And usually its Accidental or a bot that sells below the min price..

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2021, 6:00:37

oil has an auto sell that sometimes gets hit

food had one that used to be hit but i think it was 1 and then i forget what it was when food volume went down by 10 and price wennt up by 10

not sure about mil i forget

but yeahh most of the time its just a forotten digit

particularly if you type say 11- or 11= instead of 110 it still lets you sell with the wrong price

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2021, 23:11:23

Yeah I'd almost prefer it cause an error when you try to sell below the min price..

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2021, 13:43:34

Ahhhh that's totally a cell players bane right there buddy. I literally cannot tell you how many times I have fat fingered the letter below the number on my little cell keyboard.

When I go to tech I'll type 1q198 instead of 11198 and tech literally one tech point. I'll go to build 250 buildings and type 2t0 and get 2. This happens on spy ops and war room and everything. I cant even tell you how much it happens to me but I'd wager between FFA, 1a and team it's probably 1 time per day. Selling something under minimum because letters dont cause an error. Theres so many places you can make that exact mistake that 100% cell players like myself have nightmares about it. You can make this error on every single page you know haha

I think filtering out min sales is fine. I dont have an issue with it or against it. But not being able to put letters or spaces in number fields would be the most life changing thing since....well....not sending people FA with nothing in it anymore lol.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Apr 15th 2021, 13:50:17
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2021, 13:53:20

Also, there is 1 field in this game and I'll have to go thru them and remember because I actually dont, but it opens my number pad instead of my keyboard on my phone and it's the dopest field in the game. Lemme get back on that. Would be a massive increase in cell playability if they all opened my number pad.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2021, 0:35:12

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I literally cannot tell you how many times I have fat fingered

And the fix is so easy to make it a number field so that when a phone pulls it up you get the num pad not the keyboard........

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 2:04:20

^ he speaks the truth.

change
<input type="text">

to
<input type="number">

And mobile users will <3 you.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 2:24:55

Yes!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2021, 4:19:43

Would a number input allow inputs like "1k" and "1m"? I did a quick search and couldn't find the one number input that we supposedly already have.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 14:59:08

I wasn't aware "1k" / "1m" were valid inputs.

Is EE meant to accommodate the 1% who do know about this feature or the 99% who don't?

And to be precise it would be `<input type="number" pattern="\d*"/>` since Apple's browser is behind the times.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2021, 15:38:25

Here's a question in return: why should a PC player die during stonewalling because "1kk" no longer works as input even though it's worked for the past ten years?

The point is that this isn't a tiny fix where I change a bit of HTML. I would have to identify all of the places to be changed, likely only change the input type for mobile users, and then test on every possible browser.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 15:41:49

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Would a number input allow inputs like "1k" and "1m"? I did a quick search and couldn't find the one number input that we supposedly already have.

Where is that documented for users?

Also, you want to accommodate lazy keyboarders (PC MASTER RACE) over making it easier on your mobile only folks?

I'd argue the latter is more important in 2021.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2021, 15:51:44

I want to avoid breaking workflows and I plan to do the development that I believe will be the most impactful. As of this moment, changing the input types is not my number one priority.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 15:52:12

Originally posted by Celphi:
And to be precise it would be `<input type="number" pattern="\d*"/>` since Apple's browser is behind the times.

Good point Celphi, I like to use this often:

<input type="text" pattern="[0-9]*" inputmode="numeric">

I think that also covers safari.

EDIT: wow safari doesn't support inputmode, are they the new IE?

Edited By: Requiem on Apr 17th 2021, 16:03:24

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 15:52:59

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I want to avoid breaking workflows and I plan to do the development that I believe will be the most impactful. As of this moment, changing the input types is not my number one priority.

Then that is your answer instead of answering a question with a question.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 17:09:16

I use m and k all the time(more often than not for attacking and buying and sometimes for selling) and I know its not 1% that use it lol, then it would be only me and one other person hehe.

We do have mobile site tho, if the fields are different for that, would that be a solution?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 17:23:32

Remember also this used to work in e2025 as well, and a lot of us here did play that so it would be very weird to remove it.

Making mobile attacking, browsing and other actions faster doesn't have to be done by removing decades old features for PC users. Teching/building by turns instead of tech points or quick %age imputs in the war room would be an improvement for both PC and mobile users, certainly more so for mobile users since public browser extentions like the one TheMafia etc makes are oft used by PC users to achieve that functionality anyhow.
The new UI has those functionalities built in which is nice.

s Game profile

Apr 17th 2021, 17:35:49

i thought the m, k, mk and mm patterns were common knowledge among the current player base.

maybe a suggestion to update to the wiki ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 17:42:43

Crazy, I don't remember if I ever knew it but I certainly don't remember it. If it's a feature of the game it should certainly say something somewhere aye?

s Game profile

Apr 17th 2021, 18:11:43

Yeah, can't remember how I came to know about it either. I recall using it in e2025 as well though.

I thought it was mentioned in the wiki, but I couldn't find any references.

At least folks are aware and can re-spread the word now. 🙂

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 18:51:43

I mean if 1k and 1m are important, then wouldnt it be better to just make a button for each? Which btw would be faster than typing "1k" and "1m" in addition to new & old players wouldnt be at the disadvantage of not knowing all the secret codes in which inputs accept.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 19:44:54

Originally posted by s:
Yeah, can't remember how I came to know about it either. I recall using it in e2025 as well though.

I thought it was mentioned in the wiki, but I couldn't find any references.

At least folks are aware and can re-spread the word now. 🙂

Quit being nice, that's a poor excuse for a terrible UX. 😂😂

Down, towards, away, away, high kick (just seeing if my old mortal kombat fatally works here too)

Edited By: Requiem on Apr 17th 2021, 20:31:04

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 20:29:44

Yeah I never knew that lol.

Still would be nice for the tech fields, explore field, building, and country number fields everywhere. Doesnt change that. Really only useful for the war room which is of course the only screen with a confirmation so I dont ever mess it up anyways haha. Irony.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Apr 17th 2021, 20:38:23
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 22:01:15

Teching should just be 'input how many turns you want to tech of the respective areas'

And you can set the new UI to that for both the teching and building page, and TheMafia's and other browser extentions give you that option in the old UI as well which is great. I'm not very well versed in mobile stuff but I dont know how to run browser extentions in mobile (have not tried tho). If those things were incorporated in the game it would be much better than now for mobile users and while it is on the half finished new UI I dont know if anyone actually uses that yet. I log into it every once in a while to do a very specific thing that is bugged in the old UI but works in the new one. But then I log right out again and go back to the old one.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 22:13:13

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Teching should just be 'input how many turns you want to tech of the respective areas'

+1

s Game profile

Apr 18th 2021, 1:26:24

Originally posted by Requiem:
Quit being nice, that's a poor excuse for a terrible UX. 😂😂

Down, towards, away, away, high kick (just seeing if my old mortal kombat fatally works here too)

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a :P

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 14:08:24

In terms of a player of the game of playing the game. Having tech fields and country number fields is a priority thing that ruins my set repeatedly I would fix immediately.

Filtering out auto-sell doesnt matter to me one bit.

If it's not a priority it's not a priority tho. Imma go with these guys and start trying out Konami codes to better understand how the game works.

I feel like that tutorial guy that you can have on some screens could have at any point let me know I can use K and M in the number fields. Bout to cap the motherfluffer being useless for the last 15 years and never telling me.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Apr 18th 2021, 14:16:34
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 14:15:02

Just reporting in to let everyone know I used 1k today. I feel l33t now.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 14:17:24

Originally posted by Requiem:
Just reporting in to let everyone know I used 1k today. I feel l33t now.

Such an elitist. Savage numbers for life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 14:22:29

Seems like someone told LaF and didnt tell the rest of the game.

I cant find a single non-laf member who knew this. Were 0 for everyone in mercs.

What other fluff you guys got over there? Next you're gonna tell me I can populate a country from ingame search into my war room instead of just messaging them and then spying ol number 2t4 haha.

Either way, I'm taking up being earthist (it's like racism but for ee) against elites who use such letters as K and M with their numbers. First thing is equality and equity for all players and next thing you know......there goes the neighborhood. :)

Edited By: DerrickICN on Apr 18th 2021, 14:33:05
See Original Post

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2021, 15:03:36

A tip about "k" and "m" has been added to the tutorial on my branch and will go live when the filtering change goes live.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 15:19:57

Nice Slag!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 18th 2021, 17:30:28

I learned this well over a decade before joining LaF. Its possible that someone retaught it to me since I came back but I know I used that every day in e2025 before I quit. :)

But yea the more the merrier.

Maybe the UX isn't so bad when you actually know how to use it? If mixed inputs not good for mobile users could we add hotkeys for m and k on the mobile version and have only number inputs in the boxes perhaps?

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 20th 2021, 3:00:43

It is very surprising people I've seen for years posting on these boards do not know about k or M. Various 1st party and 3rd party sites, documentation, and tools display/accept it. The external tools i've made also accept k or m to make it consistent.

its funny, 16 years ago Earth 2025 taught me the meaning and i've incorporated it into my daily speech when speaking numbers.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 20th 2021, 20:25:36

It's funny because we all type breaks in k or m, I think it would be a bit weird if no one had just copy pasted '2.3m' or '180k' in the box maybe just by mistake and seen it work lol.

Either way, LI was never in LaF, right? :)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2021, 0:16:51

I think his point was that outside of LaF not many people knew about it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2021, 0:17:20

In any even the title and this thread has served its purpose.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2021, 0:41:13

Quit being logical Celphi!

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2021, 1:04:34

I remember in BRE you could type "k" and three 0's would pop up, or type "m" and get 6.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2021, 1:06:51

@Req :D

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 21st 2021, 1:13:46

I was never in LaF. My point is its funny that people dont know about it because of all the examples I provided. Gerdler's war bots displaying it is the best example. One would make an inference since the bot is displaying 100k.. to enter it into the field.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2021, 9:45:46

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
It is very surprising people I've seen for years posting on these boards do not know about k or M.

Need I say more?