Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 15th 2021, 23:13:21

Originally posted by Molotov:
I used to like almost always having something to do back when I did play here, though... Of course that's the same reason I stopped playing it, because I no longer wanted to put the time effort in.

That's pretty much how I think of it.

I'm also really easily bored when I can't do my best effort.. and when that effort is so big that you only see one player do it every 3-10 sets these days there should be a reduction in the demands, which is exactly what this is.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 7:25:54

I despise thieves, and the fact that this guy didn't think I have a way of catching him makes it hilarious.

Dai Armenia Daiiiiiii

/kill mode activated
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pedi Game profile

Apr 17th 2021, 20:16:05

How come the bots don't retal? Thought they were going to retal. I hit a bot with 2 mil jets. It could have easily hit me back..

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2021, 20:53:08

Originally posted by Pedi:
How come the bots don't retal? Thought they were going to retal. I hit a bot with 2 mil jets. It could have easily hit me back..

It's not coded yet. Retals are milestone 6 on the list. Express is live on milestone 3: https://www.earthempires.com/...3-2021-50020?t=1618347533

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 0:41:14

Seeing bots go to war is gonna be a hoot. This reset a bot walled and bounced my attacks. I assume that was random bad luck though, rather than an overly vigilant bot.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2021, 1:35:57

Yes it's bad luck. It's happened to me once as well.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 2:11:53

I've got bots with turns on hand, I had to hit the search to make sure they were bots LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2021, 3:24:11

That happens more often now, but it was always possible to see that.

MILORD Game profile

Apr 18th 2021, 5:47:03

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I despise thieves, and the fact that this guy didn't think I have a way of catching him makes it hilarious.

Dai Armenia Daiiiiiii

/kill mode activated

https://skr.sh/s7dD07pwUCp

He also stole from me twice! The first time, I made a warning retal, the second time I killed it with a warning.
born in the USSR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 6:02:28

fluff off, I was saving turns to kill him.....

/me kicks door open
(•_•)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2021, 6:11:50

I'm starting to wonder if a message to all players explaining typical Express etiquette would be in order.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 6:18:57

Ruritania seems to have learned after being killed 4 sets in a row ...
(•_•)

MILORD Game profile

Apr 18th 2021, 6:26:19

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I'm starting to wonder if a message to all players explaining typical Express etiquette would be in order.

Sorry for the Offtopic, but this is on the topic of changes! We hinted too subtly that the developers made so many important changes for the players - even the bots were marked in yellow. There is no need to attack players, you need to attack bots. LoL

/me kicks door open

This D'Artanyan has a whole line of musketeers)))

Edited By: MILORD on Apr 18th 2021, 6:49:47
See Original Post
born in the USSR

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2021, 3:13:20

Originally posted by MILORD:
There is no need to attack players, you need to attack bots. LoL

I wouldn't say that. I think that the players who hit other players with very low defense are contributing positively to the health of the server. I don't think that the market would work well if every human went with near zero defense because they figure the other humans will only grab the NPC countries.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2021, 3:48:50

There is no need to attack players, you need to attack bots. LoL

I wouldn't say that. I think that the players who hit other players with very low defense are contributing positively to the health of the server. I don't think that the market would work well if every human went with near zero defense because they figure the other humans will only grab the NPC countries.

Yes, I ventured to hitting at least one non bot, there's a point where you need greater gains and you won't get it from bots due to them getting farmed to fluffs lol, I'm definitely playing again next set and will venture away from bots to get land at some point, it just makes sense, and no I'm not saying I'll be farming people unless of course I get provocation from one 😉

Sorry for the Offtopic, but this is on the topic of changes! We hinted too subtly that the developers made so many important changes for the players - even the bots were marked in yellow. There is no need to attack players, you need to attack bots. LoL

/me kicks door open

This D'Artanyan has a whole line of musketeers)))

Good stuff bro, nice quick kill 👍 I myself wasn't even going to change government, I was just waiting for 300 turns and I was at 260 when you killed him 😂
(•_•)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2021, 13:42:03

After playing a round, I had a little bit the opposite take of KoH... my feeling is that Express (or Blitz?!) is still a very fast-paced turns server, so it's kind of "in for a penny, in for a pound." If you're going for the win, you have to play quite actively regardless of whether you're on a 2-hour to 4-hour PS schedule, so the change doesn't make it that much more accessible. You're also really playing this server *because* you want to click around and play throughout the day. I'd speed the PS time back up at least a bit :)

Change always keeps things interesting though, and it's very cool to see something different and to see the server being worked on. I'm all for it regardless of whether i enjoy every change or not, and I actually did like the concept of mixing in some SS into my attacks. SS, by the way, is an attack I *never* use on Primary, and would almost never use on Tournament, so it's interesting to see it brought somewhat into relevance here even though I still used it sparingly.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2021, 13:44:56

also I haven't played a 2-hour PS round any time in recent memory so maybe it's more overwhelming than i remember D:

either way ty Slagpit for your efforts!

Edited By: Molotov on Apr 19th 2021, 13:54:20

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2021, 15:12:55

I could lower it to 3.8 hours or something to make it easier for players to grab every 4 hours.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2021, 15:17:11

That's interesting but i think a whole number is easier to wrap one's head around.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 19th 2021, 16:00:50

You could try something like 4 available brigades every 3 hours. I'll try to adapt to whatever though, no big deal to me.

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 19th 2021, 16:08:38

I wanna see the bots finally AB someone for farming them. Almost every LG that I tried making on day 2 was trash cuz of how DR’ed the bots were :(

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2021, 16:19:00

The worst is when you have some bots identified to attack when your forces get back, and then like 20 minutes before your armies return someone runs through all of them and hits them 10x each, LOL.