Verified:

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:41:21

FFAers:

I haven't played FFA since the first set on Earth Empires, so please fill me in. I was under the impression that the general server's consensus was that self farming was something everybody was trying to move away from?

At least that was what I was told. That more and more alliances are doing away with it, and they severely frown upon that. I don't know if the information I received was accurate or not, which is why I'm asking you.

I chose not to play this server because of the self-farming and shady practices that were conducted by some members of LaE. But I returned this reset due to what I believed to be the demise of self farming. Although that is something that I have yet to witness.

I do not believe in it. And because of that I chose to get my land in other ways (hitting/farming untaggeds and 1 man tags), which I believed would be acceptable considering I wasn't harming any legit tags and these countries would easily have protection had they joined one of numerous tags that would have welcomed them with open arms.

Apparently that is not seen as acceptable? It seems as though other tags are concerned with the treatment of 1 man tags and untaggeds. I'm not exactly sure why that is, since it really isn't any tag's job to police the server and protect the untaggeds and 1 man tags. I know this is not Alliance, but this is not Primary either.

If anybody could shed some light on these things, that would be excellent. Thanks!

KeTcHuP Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:44:49

TKo allows self farming cause we are lazy mofos.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:48:44

until very recently there have been very few tags that did not allow self farming. This set there has been a shift as more tags are trying to grab for land. As for farming untags and small 1 man tags, if you want to try and get away with it, then go ahead just dont complain when large clans start doing the same to you. The big difference between FFA and alliance is that 1 person running 16 countries can still do a good bit of damage to a tag with say 150 countries. If you had like 500 countries or so ten that wouldn't be the case but with 7-8 members you aren't as protected as you may think. plus a lot of those 1 man tags have been around a lot longer than you have so why wouldn't larger clans be willing to step up for them?

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:50:00

Okay well that really wasn't my question though...

1. Self-Farming is still seen as acceptable, server wide?

2. Farming of untaggeds / 1-man tags is not?

3. The methods of gaining land are limited to All Exploring, Self-Farming or Occassional Landgrabbing of legitimate tags?

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:52:44

It is, and will continue to be until a rule is made against it, a viable strategy for netting in FFA. Frankly, if you don't like it, you're probably in the wrong server. It is not only not going away, it is becoming more prevalent and more accepted, with 4 of the 6 largest clans on the server allowing it (I think only KA and NBK do not).

It's what it takes to be competitive in netting here, and is the only way you can really hope for a top 100.

Self farming and treatment of 1 man tags are 2 completely different matters imo though.

Edited By: NOW3P on Dec 10th 2010, 0:58:53
See Original Post

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:55:18

TKO and PANLV still self farm. NBK,IMP,KA do not. Not sure about some of the others. Farming of 1 man tags generally is frowned upon.

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 0:56:56

its not that hard to finish top 100 without self farming. top 10 is another story.

there are plenty of countries to grab without farming to still get enough land to finish well.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:01:35

And what has been the general feeling of farming untagged / 1-man tags in the past? Large alliances feel the need to police for them? Even though the players have every opportunity to join another clan (just the same way in Alliance)?

I'm trying to gauge the political climate here, as apparently my farming was seen as wrong...

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:06:46

for the most part people use their own retal policy in regards to landgrabbing 1 man tags. so if you double tap a country then expect 3 retals etc... untags are normally open game tho.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Dec 10th 2010, 1:10:09

What you say is true... untags have the opportunity to join a clan like in alliance. In the past I know there has been issues with self farming, there is issues now where land is scarce and certain clans don't like it, but barely do anything about it.

It is pretty much your word against theirs... 1 man tags are 1 man tags because they dont want to be a tag of any others, that is their own choice and if they get farmed to fluff they better have a country that can retal (which they would benefit the most from).

So your farming is wrong... then so is killing a person because they are who they are, and self farming because you are still farming a country....

The server needs to justify what they feel is right and wrong.

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:10:42

We approve of small tags. We find them whimsical.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:15:16

Well

unlike alliance we encourage people to come over and play around. A good ammount of time they will do so in a solo tag.

Farming every solotag off the server is generally bad forthe server as a whole.

If you get landfat as fluff picking on a tiny one man tag, you will probably get farmed yourself.

That's just my opinion though
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:15:47

Swordz of Justice Policy as it pertains to your question are below:

1) Self Farming is Not Allowed

2) No Offical Stance on this... But I personally frown upon farming New Players. I'd rather hit them a couple times and send them a recruitment note. Instead of pushing them away from the game.

3) Why can you not gain land by SS/PS countrys from seperate tags? Instead of taking it all from 1 tag or 1 group of untagged countrys? Spread it around, it might encourage these new players to keep playing there countrys and join a clan if they actually got to figure out the game before they were farmed.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

Havoc Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:17:49

PANLV allows self farming cause we are lazy mofos.

I'd be okay with banning it if every other netting clan did the same.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

kemo Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:27:36

then why join a good sized clan if every solo tag has the same rights?
all praised to ra

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:28:35

cause it's more fun :)

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:34:54

i'm totally cool with self-farming. its good for the server, imo. i just don't do it and neither does the rest of IMP. i find self farming fun to watch, the different styles of self-farming, and this sets netting competition between PAN and TKO.

Though, I'll hit self farmers more often than others. They have the acres. If they don't like it, retal, so we can create some ghost acres.

Edited By: KyleCleric on Dec 10th 2010, 1:44:35
See Original Post
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:39:18

yeah I agree, self farmers a great LGing targets. You just have to be sneaky and catch them in between DR runs.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:40:43

A 1 man tag even with rights, is likely to get hurt pretty bad unless he is good.

All I ask for is to limit attacks to not something stupid. NBK tries to do this to other clans, and for the most part it does. Although almost every hit we did this set, was aimed at the larger clans. You guys can do what you want, no problem, if you do farm 1 man tags, no one of any threat is gonna kill you. But other clans who can do that to you might see free land.

So story over, what goes around comes around.
(BTW I am having a ton of fun netting this set!)
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:44:17

You couldn't net if gambits life depended on it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:48:27

Kemo -- I'm not saying a 1 man tag has more rights etc. They certainly can retal if they've been farmed. Just that I don't understand why it has created such an uproar. Which is why I created this post to gauge the political climate.

And K4F -- I figured farming a 1 man tag is better than topfeeding countries in a legit tag to piss that tag off (which is what a lot of your low land guys have been doing). I assumed that was the lesser of two evils, but I guess LG'ing other clans is accepted and conflicts don't generally start due to them on this server?

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:52:23

topfeeding doesn't exist so no, that doesn't cause many issues with clans unless they are just coming over from alliance. But don't worry, those low land countries wont be thin for too long if they keep grabbing aggresively then you can turn the tables :) Most people aren't grabbing to piss people off, they just grab where they can get the most land for the hit.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 2:06:39

Thomas, go ahead an grab anyone you want! Topfeeding doesn't exist here. Basically people can get defense, or suck it up, or DR themselves.

If I were you I would just grab anyone you want to that isn't your ally.
Besides, I grabbed a ton of people this set, and rarely did the attack not break even including ghost acres. A few times they even made land.
The most grabbing that goes on, the more ghost acres are made, and the better targets I have available!

As for climate, basically if you want to farm a small tag a lil bit, ok fair enough. If you farm em to the ground you are killing your own land supply. And we have a limited supply of small tags. I would rather just do 1 grab every few days per country, suck up the retal, build up, and do another. Generally if you plan target well you get at least 40% of the total land including ghost acres you grabbed. Just costs you a few buildings on the retal.

Edited By: Kill4Free on Dec 10th 2010, 2:44:12
See Original Post
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Havoc Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 2:35:22

1 man tags are more disadvantaged mainly cause they have less countries to retal with. If they tried to get as fat as some large tags do self-farming they'll probably get hit a lot more than tagged clans do and might not be able to retal.. They also generally have no uNAPs or other formal pacts that prevent topfeeds/grabs.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Gmann03 Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 2:43:36

besides, why would you want to farm a 1 person clan into the ground?
Once all the 1 person tags are gone, then all you have left is......
If that is what u want, then by all means...proceed.
But the hope is to have more 1,2, or a few smaller clans, and just more people participating in this game. There's more than enuff land. And lets face it, this is a LAND BASED GAME, we (the Players) just try to have rules with it to make it more even and fun for all. A lot of you guys/gals have been playing a version of this games for YEARS, probably since Earth 2025 was first invented. Then, there's the group that came within I'd say the last 5 to 10 yrs or so like myself.

The game on this server is a lot better than E2025, and with player input. DM and the other inventors are making improvements as needed. It's fun for us, but, not so with noob's trying to learn the game getting farmed to no end. Now, it's true they could join a clan, but, suppose they don't want to. Let's not force them to make a choice if that's not what they want.

Now, perhaps they might the next set, or two, after they learn how to successfully setup their countries. Why not offer them tips along the way, little pointers as needed. We need more LGing to create more ghost acres, but, I don't think we wanna do at the expense of the smaller clans. Every clans gets LGed, and those that can retal, do. If u can't u suck it up and find land else where. 2 to 3 grabs per day on a 1 person clan should be enuff, no more than 4. Lets give them time to grow and learn the game.....It can only add more acres to the game.

If they get chased away, all that's left is clans grabbing each other ALL THE TIME, and creating war vibes and FA nightmares. The self farming clans get bigger, and they get tired of self-farming so they start to look else where for land..........not good in my opinion. But, it's just that.....MY OPINION.....Just thought I'd add my penny into the discussion.
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 10th 2010, 2:56:36

I find that Old FFa players actually show 1 man ffa tags more respect then alliance players

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Twain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 3:13:44

I generally view the one-man tags in the "you can sheer a sheep many times but can only skin them once" attitude.

Excessive farming of the untaggeds/one-man tags ultimately destroys land on the server, as those countries will either be killed or will suicide and then be killed.

Another good metric for "Am I doing something wrong" is to ask: "Would I be pissed off and suicide someone if I saw this in MY news?

But it's all relative. Most of the guys complaining at you about it seem to more have an issue with you or with SancT than with the practices you're following, Thomas. After all, kemo pointed out that NBK has some pretty bad farming in their news, and while I haven't looked, I can't say PAN's innocent as far as that's concerned either.

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 3:24:09

NBK does a pretty good job of keeping farming to a minimum. We occasionally get a new member that does it but that gets taken care of pretty quick.

highrock Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 3:27:45

i am very surprised and impressed at how much restraint most tags have shown in farming my one man tag. seems to be a much better self-regulating environment than alliance server.
formerly Viola MD

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 3:32:47

Highrock, yours is a tough one for us to lay off of. We see your tag and think you're hellrush and well, everyone knows how hellrush feels about us.

kemo Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 3:56:22

no i mostly seen his missiles and was waitin to see how he reacted to anyone elses hits :P
all praised to ra

highrock Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 3:57:38

Originally posted by kemo:
no i mostly seen his missiles and was waitin to see how he reacted to anyone elses hits :P

lol my retal policy is in my clan name :)
formerly Viola MD

Pain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:24:16

Originally posted by KyleCleric:
Highrock, yours is a tough one for us to lay off of. We see your tag and think you're hellrush and well, everyone knows how hellrush feels about us.

nah im pretty sure highrock plays in alliance in evo/monsters/omega. one of those i believe. so unless helltard is a multi its not him.
Your mother is a nice woman

highrock Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:26:05

omega :)

and no i'm not hellrush or whatever he is...that's why i tried not to make my tag hr
formerly Viola MD

Pain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:26:13

i dont see why anyone cries about self farming. if im not hitting myself then ill be hitting you. and trust me i keep my fluff thin so youll be losing out in that case.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:29:28

Originally posted by Pain:
i dont see why anyone cries about self farming. if im not hitting myself then ill be hitting you. and trust me i keep my fluff thin so youll be losing out in that case.

Because you won't ever get 1M acres through normal grabbing, like you can with self-farming. And you can't reach top 10 through traditional means unless you do it.

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:37:38

that's more of a netters complaint. warriors don't care about getting to the top 10.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:39:21

Originally posted by KyleCleric:
that's more of a netters complaint. warriors don't care about getting to the top 10.

Right. But there are 2 aspects to this game :P

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:39:40

i know you're not hellrush. hrock doesn't help though. hellrush's clan is RoCK.

highrock Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:45:44

lol i did not know that...

formerly Viola MD

Pain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 4:51:26

Originally posted by Thomas:
Originally posted by Pain:

Because you won't ever get 1M acres through normal grabbing, like you can with self-farming. And you can't reach top 10 through traditional means unless you do it.

its part of the game dynamic. its not against the rules, therefore step up your game or stop crying cause someone uses a strategy that gets them ahead of you. its really that simple.

if you have an issue with finding LG targets, dont have so many pacts.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:04:29

Yes, I'm literally in tears right now....

Idiot

Pain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:10:22

you have enough of an issue with it to have started a thread on it. never said you were in tears but you surely have the sniffles.

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:13:55

Pain is a beast of a warrior and he's in a tough war alliance. I'd show him a bit more respect.

Pain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:15:29

youre just sayin that cause i named a country after you <3

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:18:40

These two issues can probably be summed up very easily....

Self farming is going to happen whether you like it or not. It's become ingrained in the server dynamic. Complain about it all you like, it's not going anywhere and netting tags will fight tooth and nail to keep it that way. You can adapt, or you can go the way of the do-do bird. It's your choice, and none of us care which way you go with it.

Farming 1 man tags is at your own risk. If you wanna be a prick and hit a 1 man tag 75 times, nobody's gonna feel sorry for you when he comes back and takes out your netter. Have some respect for player retention/player experience - there's 3k+ countries in FFA, you don't need to run all your grabbing turns on 1 tag. It's not wrong, and no big clan is gonna come after you for it, but don't be surprised if no one cares what you think of the results, or if no one gallops in on a white horse to save the day.....especially after folks who have been in that situation tell you how to get out of it, and you choose to ignore them.

Can we move on to something less complainey now pls? I'm really getting sick of "new" players to FFA trying to come in and tell everyone that the politics here are wrong or should be changed. Believe me, if we cared what you thought, we'd ask.

Edited By: NOW3P on Dec 10th 2010, 5:22:28
See Original Post

Desperado Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:25:07

KC, don't sweet talk one clan into fsing mine just cause pains in it :P

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:33:01

lol, i don't think SancT would FS you. I think you'd have a lot of fun if that happened.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:39:53

Yes....yes they would :-)

Havoc Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 7:23:32

Might try to get top10 next set without any self-farming.. should be difficult/fun!
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega