Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2021, 20:52:49

You'll reach into a pocket of a jacket and there you'll find a mask and say to yourself "fluff Off, those were some bizarre times" and laugh about it, you will then put on a gas mask, pick up you're machete and go face zombies in the street.....

😝

My girlfriend found that circling social media written in spanish, I got a good laugh out of it and figured I'd translate it and share it with you peeps 😉
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 12th 2021, 23:00:46

I still have not worn a mask yet.

Link Game profile

Jan 12th 2021, 23:13:57

lul
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Garry Owen Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 1:07:03

It would be funny except it is tragically true..........

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2021, 20:22:52

But I can't understand Spanish :(

myerr21 Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 21:19:28

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Congrats, you win the retard of the day award.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2021, 22:47:08

Originally posted by myerr21:

Alternatively. He doesn't live in the US. Where he is from they only require you to be blonde, big boobed, and really good at making meatballs.

So like.....maybe not?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2021, 23:58:19

Blondes with big b00bs???? Are they real (the boobs)????
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Shamrock Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 0:12:24

Sven's boobs aren't THAT big, he's exaggerating.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 14th 2021, 0:44:43

Originally posted by ZEN:

Alternatively. He doesn't live in the US. Where he is from they only require you to be blonde, big boobed, and really good at making meatballs.

So like.....maybe not?

https://youtu.be/n6CMMunWB50?t=50

Swedish boobs!!1

I like how you get instantly triggered without knowing anything about where I am or why I didn't wear a mask. I have not broken a restriction or a recommendation if that is what you are worried about. Thanks for your concern tho.

And no Im not gonna start wearing masks against recommendations in nearly empty grocery stores with self-checkout, or when I jog/walk in the woods or when I sit alone in my office. If I enter an area that require me to wear a mask I certainly will tho.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2021, 0:53:02

On point, Gerd :-)
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 14th 2021, 5:38:49

The internet will wait for your blush to go away. It is ok

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Buch Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 10:46:17

Mask wearers spread the rona... Change my mind

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 15th 2021, 2:14:53

Originally posted by Buch:
Mask wearers spread the rona... Change my mind

There has not been a single documented transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the actual virus that causes the disease COVID-19) via fomite. It is now abundantly clear that transmission is almost entirely via air borne droplets (I say almost, because as a scientist, we never deal in absolutes). Wearing a mask reduces the dispersion of those droplets (the extent being based on many factors, but even the most standard mask will reduce it to some extent). You can wear it as much as you like, you can kiss it, fondle it, lick it, wipe your nose (or a$$, not recommended) with it, and the chance of you spreading SARS-CoV-2 is miniscule (and as I have already stated, this has yet to be even documented).
Being infected and not wearing that mask however is an almost guarantee that you will infect all those around you. Again, many factors involved here, but essentially a closed space with poor air circulation and loud voices is a recipe for almost guaranteed transmission after longer than about 20 minutes. I myself caught it last March from an indoor cycling class..not a fun experience and I'm pretty young and in good shape.
This is now common knowledge for those of us that work with SARS-CoV-2 and keep up with the literature. A quick search of COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 and masks at Pubmed will provide you with the literally 100's of papers you will need to show you that wearing mask most certainly does not spread SARS-CoV-2, and wearing it will help you control this nasty virus.
Anyway, stay safe and wear a mask when you are in a situation where you can transmit, if not for ypourself, then as an example to those around you.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2021, 18:03:05

You know, Florida didn't put any restrictions on people at all, and reports are in that the numbers of hospitalizations was never more than the seasonal flu of the last few years. Amazing right?

Remember to buy early and avoid the rush for those chains that will keep you safe after this plandemic is over.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 15th 2021, 21:49:53

Originally posted by Cerberus:
You know, Florida didn't put any restrictions on people at all, and reports are in that the numbers of hospitalizations was never more than the seasonal flu of the last few years. Amazing right?

Remember to buy early and avoid the rush for those chains that will keep you safe after this pandemic is over.

Can you link to that data? I can't find anything that supports that anywhere. ICUs there are currently at 85% capacity, that's certainly no where near the average of flu season for the last few years.
Considering that seasonal flu cases are at about 5-10% of what they usually are, and non-elective procedures are down on average 15-25% across the country, having the same rate as last year is nothing to boast about. Not really amazing at all when you think about it.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 15th 2021, 23:29:06

Originally posted by Cerberus:

Remember to buy early and avoid the rush for those chains that will keep you safe after this plandemic is over.

Am I missing what you are saying???

"The governor reluctantly closed bars and nightclubs on St. Patrick’s Day due to the outbreak, and days later, restricted restaurants to take-out dining. Amusement parks ground to a halt.

The closures battered the economy, leaving hundreds of thousands of Floridians unemployed. Since March 15, More than 2.5 million Floridians have sought unemployment benefits.

DeSantis slowly reopened the state for business since then, allowing restaurants and bars to reopen at half capacity, while deferring to local officials who advocated reopening more slowly in the pandemic’s epicenters in southern Florida."
https://www.pbs.org/...fines-as-covid-19-spreads

I looked this up because I have family on the panhandle and I remember some of them speaking of shutting down...

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 16th 2021, 0:13:09

Maybe Cerberus is already a zombie...
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 16th 2021, 3:01:41

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

No zombie could ever pierce that skull, he's like a tootsie roll pop with no chewy center
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2021, 19:02:34

Originally posted by archaic:

No zombie could ever pierce that skull, he's like a tootsie roll pop with no chewy center

confirmed

one with a hard head
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

myerr21 Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 20:51:34

Pft. The democrats are going to ban large capacity pockets soon.
Elders

Goofy Game profile

Jan 20th 2021, 4:18:27

Not a zombie, just a big time Kool-Aid drinker

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2021, 4:56:33

Wait until the new dictator in chief signs an executive order mandating you get the vaccine or else...

Mainstream media already pushing for this...
https://youtu.be/yIKWhp2_eyM

Line up sheeple!
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 23rd 2021, 3:59:43

I'm hoping for vaccine passports as well.

Either way I'm hoping enough people say no to the vaccine that I get it sooner, so please spread more anti-vax bs. :)

I know people who had covid who are still physically and mentally altered months after. Like unable to concentrate, remember stuff and from being a proficient runner to getting winded while walking from the door to the mailbox.
I rather take my chances with the vaccine because by now millions have had it and we know the breakdown of side effects.

I am unlikely to die from covid, not at all in a risk group. But long covid is no picknick and we have no idea of the probability of that. We do, however, have very good data on the risks and respective probabilities of symptoms from the vaccine. With present data the choice is obvious. And I wont be among the first ten million to get the vaccine of that kind either way, so whatever issues might arise will have been dealt with by then.

RickyDee Game profile

Jan 23rd 2021, 4:14:15

I'm old enough to remember when the government of Australia was giving out $100,000 thousand dollar fines to any company advertising or stating that a surgical mask, a medical mask, or a cloth mask would help prevent the spread of SARS

Ricky Dee

RickyDee Game profile

Jan 23rd 2021, 4:37:53

Anyone asking for a vaccine passport is spitting on the graves of all of our war veterans who fought for human freedom which includes medical freedom. Thanks to our brave ancestors we have the Nuremberg Code regulating the ethics of medical intervention.

I know people who have had Covid without ever recording a single symptom, they only knew that they had the virus because of mandatory testing for work.

And I have a close friend who is a cancer survivor two times over who got COVID and thought it was going to be a death sentence only to recover in a matter of days. He likened it to a moderate flu bug.

I guess it depends how soft a person is, for myself personally I'll take my chances with the 99.7+% survival rate before I inject myself with a truly experimental mRNA vaccine that was rushed to market

Interesting name btw COVID (Certificate Of Vaccination ID?)

Cheers
Ricky Dee

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 23rd 2021, 5:04:26

I am young enough to count my risk of death in covid in the single digit ppm range or less. The vaccine is far far safer anyway. You are talking about a 1/300 risk to die. If you are so old that your risk is that high you have a serious problem with risk assessment if you dont wan't to take the vaccine.

Just like most decisions in life it all comes down to what you know, and I know a plethora more about these things than you do. If you did some actual research into it you would probably come to the same conclusion as I have for just about the same reasons.

There are a lot of people trying to say that its our duty to take this vaccine. I think that is complete utter bullfluff. I will take it for purely selfish reasons, and I don't mind if a lot of people don't, faster for me then anyhow.

Nuremberg Code has nothing to do with vaccine passports. Vaccine passport is just a certificate that you can show to a proprietor of a business such as an airline, a sports franchise or a hooker that you are considerably less likely to spread the disease and therefore less risky to sell services to. No one is forcing you, still.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 23rd 2021, 5:07:44

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 6:38:10

Give me one good reason everyone should get vaccinated.

There are tons of people who are immune already, why force them to get vaccinated? And yes you're being forced in this case, no vaccination = no passport.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 7:58:48

Because they won't reopen fluff until us young healthy people quit killing our grandparents? The reason you should wear a mask was never for you either. It's because hospitals are overwhelmed and you need to help build community immunity thru the vaccine.

I had it back in July ish. And while I do a good job of hiding it, I spent a week in the hospital last month. I have other health issues that this isnt the best time to discuss, but the periods of confusion and the chest pain I still experience on occasion is something I'd not recommend over the side effects of a vaccine.

The thing about the side effects of the vaccine is, is it will either be common or uncommon. If it is a common side effect, they will be able to help you and everyone else because it is a common side effect of a vaccine everyone got. If it is an uncommon side effect, you probably won't have it. So essentially, the amount of variables in what a person experiences is lowered drastically. Because covid has such a massive range of side effects, and a vaccine will have a more limited scope.

I have health problems sure, but I get around fine. I'm pretty healthy, I walk miles and run and jump and live a pretty solid life. My initial sickness was pretty tame tbh. It felt like breathing thru a wet sock a little but what I'm experiencing now is at least as troubling. And the idea that I'm no longer testing positive for antibodies is even more troubling.

If we keep letting this thing go around and around and around, eventually this thing will catch you with your pants down when you just had the sniffles one day and I bet you'll see. All I'm saying.

End of the day tho. Tony Fauci said if we get around 75% of ppl vaccinated we can go back to something close to normal. If they needed 75% of people to shoot heroin in their eyeballs I'd be out here preaching for it because my livelihood depends on a club being open. Whatever they need for me to live my american dream, I just need a club open and people dancing upon one another to a loud ass bass synth. It's probably not the worst thing I've put into my body....

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 23rd 2021, 8:14:24
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 8:21:28

Immune people don't need a vaccine, period.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 9:17:50

You're immune? How did you determine that? Holy cats!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 23rd 2021, 15:57:04

Immunity is not just and On/Off toggle. If you had the virus and got rid of it you will be less vulnerable to getting it again, probably very unlikely to getting it in the first couple months after getting well. Theres surely less of a reason to getting vaccinated if you just had covid, but that is if you are absolutely sure you had it.

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 23rd 2021, 16:27:15

Immune people don't need a vaccine, period.

That's just not true. The immune response and longevity is varying widely. Both myself and my wife caught this back in March. We are both in our 40's, in pretty good health (I am 170 lbs and have been doing MMA for almost 10years). I spent 10 days in bed with zero energy (including one day in the hospital, though it was for dehydration because I had gastrointestinal symptoms also) while my wife had pretty mild symptoms. We have tested for antibodies in June, October and just 2 weeks ago. Mine are still present (but have decreased almost 80%), while my wife lost hers by October. As I've said earlier, just do a quick search for this in Pubmed and you will find a ton of literature outlining this.
The vaccine, thankfully, provokes an immune memory response similar to a full blown infection, so yeah, I'll still be lining up to take it. I work in healthcare, I've watched people die from COVID-19 at my hospital, but I also turned down the vaccine 3 weeks ago as I felt it was better to have others without antibodies get it first. But I will certainly be getting it when it becomes more widely available. If you knew anything about mRNA (and I've a PhD in Microbiology and have studied and worked with mRNA for over 20 years), you would understand that this approach to vaccines is revolutionary and so much safer than traditional methods. It is a monumental achievement and we should be rejoicing and lining up to get it. But, as in keeping with this social media era, people like to think that because they spend 5 hours on google (and usually unwittingly going down rabbit holes), they know so much more than the experts. It's truly depressing to watch the flood of fake information from so-called experts. Fear sells, of that there is no doubt.
There won't be mandatory vaccinations (at least here in the US), never gonna happen; people are too selfish and self-centered (take that post above about" spitting on the graves of all of our war veterans " as a prime example of how ignorant people can be). But we can at least me thankful that we just booted out the worst president and administration in the history of this country and are finally letting the real experts tackle this issue. I for one am delighted.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 16:40:49

Sigh

Edited By: Requiem on Jan 23rd 2021, 16:44:07

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 23rd 2021, 17:15:18

And yes you're being forced in this case, no vaccination = no passport.

You seem confused about the meaning of the word 'forced'.

If vaccine passport is needed in order to go to the grocery store or to get an apartement/house then we'd be very close to forcing some people to take it. Now what we are talking about is a simple nudge in the direction of proper disease control.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 17:44:16

LOL ok whatever you say Mr. Right all the time, if the government tells you that you need something in order to do something...you're being forced to do something you don't want.

Derrick, I know plenty people since lots of them already had the virus that had direct contact with sick people and didn't get the virus, I'm one of those people who were exposed, and I mean direct contact, less than 6ft and no masks close contact, fluff my girlfriend's kid is in L.A. just got done with covid 19 and his girlfriend that lives with him didn't get it, she's been tested throughout his ordeal and never tested positive, there are tons of people who don't get it, maybe there's no stat for it, but they/we exist. Don't make me get injected with a vaccine that we don't know much about just cuz you can, fluff Off!
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2021, 17:59:25

Did she test for antibodies?

My infection wasnt that severe as we noted. Asymptomatic people do still develop antibodies even if they don't last near as long. The more severe the infection, the more immunity you tend to build thru antibodies, but even asymptomatic ppl build some form of them.

In other words, do you think it is possible that you contacted the virus a few months ago, were asymptomatic, and have residual antibodies? But also, you dont sound like you got tested after you were exposed. Am I reading that right? Seems like you are spitballing T Cell immunity rather than listening to science.

It's a little expensive but it's worth knowing you have it so you dont become a superspreader. Get the antibody test to see. If you dont have antibodies, you dont have immunity. Period. I read one study that said some people had t cell immunity and antibodies (something like 2% of new yorkers) without any contact with the virus. Ie. Maybe it isn't so novel after all. But the thing about that is, their immunity is a product of the appearance of antibodies. So there's literally a scientific method to prove that for yourself.

I wanna say I paid 2 or 300 bucks for the antibody test when I last got it. It's expensive but I wouldnt claim immunity unless I took it.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 23rd 2021, 18:06:03
See Original Post

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 23rd 2021, 19:20:28

Damn,

$300 for an antibody test? That's outrageous. Antibody tests are $10 here in Washington DC and you get results 24 hours later!
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2021, 2:35:18

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Did she test for antibodies?

My infection wasnt that severe as we noted. Asymptomatic people do still develop antibodies even if they don't last near as long. The more severe the infection, the more immunity you tend to build thru antibodies, but even asymptomatic ppl build some form of them.

In other words, do you think it is possible that you contacted the virus a few months ago, were asymptomatic, and have residual antibodies? But also, you dont sound like you got tested after you were exposed. Am I reading that right? Seems like you are spitballing T Cell immunity rather than listening to science.

It's a little expensive but it's worth knowing you have it so you dont become a superspreader. Get the antibody test to see. If you dont have antibodies, you dont have immunity. Period. I read one study that said some people had t cell immunity and antibodies (something like 2% of new yorkers) without any contact with the virus. Ie. Maybe it isn't so novel after all. But the thing about that is, their immunity is a product of the appearance of antibodies. So there's literally a scientific method to prove that for yourself.

I wanna say I paid 2 or 300 bucks for the antibody test when I last got it. It's expensive but I wouldnt claim immunity unless I took it.

Yes I've been tested and had multiple negatives, I even told them I should be tested to see what I have that prevented me from getting the virus, you should of seen their face, quite frankly most healthcare workers don't have a clue what they're doing, the answer I got was "we can't test for immunity because there's no test for it" I was dumbfounded by the answer, when the people that are supposed to be looking out for you don't know what they're doing, it makes me question the entire system...or shall I say, lack thereof system, it's pretty frustrating, I might have something in me to help others and they don't seem to care to find out, I was like "whatever, you clearly don't give a fluff so why should I"

My girlfriend's boy is fully recovered now and his girlfriend tested negative at same time he did his last test showing him negative, he got pretty sick but came out fine, she did ask if she can help with plasma and they told her they're going to contact her, right now Los Angeles hospitals and clinics are overwhelmed with covid 19 cases, there are no beds available, it's pretty bad down there, so I don't know what is going to happen, she's ready and willing, hasn't got the call yet.
(•_•)

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 0:13:23

So, if you don't have antibodies to this virus there is absolutely no way you are immune. It's really that simple. This is a novel virus and a naïve population, so everyone is vulnerable to infection. Everyone! Now, how you respond to that virus is a completely different thing, but you are certainly not immune without antibodies. Even T-cells don't make you immune, they just help you fight it off (while you make antibodies).
There are plenty of reasons why you haven't been infected despite your exposure, the most obvious one being that those you have been exposed to likely had a low viral load by the time you came in contact with them. The basic criteria for exposure is close contact in a confined room with little ventilation and talking loudly, singing or shouting for over 15 minutes. There is a reason why some events are super-spreaders and others are not and it all comes down to the person that is infected and how much virus they are carrying, and more importantly, shedding. You're using anecdote as the basis of your theory and even the most cursory examination of all the literature out there will show you that you are simply mistaken.
As to your whole sentence about asking that you "should be tested to see what I have that prevented me from getting the virus". They were absolutely right to look at you as if you were mad. That makes absolutely no sense in the absence of antibodies. What exactly would they test you for? It's antibodies that make you immune! In short, you do not have something that makes you immune and I guarantee that if you go into a room without a mask, and expose yourself to someone with a high viral load and is shedding this virus, you will get COVID-19. Guaranteed 100%. You might be asymptomatic, but you'll absolutely get infected and might very well spread it to others.
Not trying to be an ass here, but this is pretty basic immunology. This is one weird virus and for now there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets symptoms and who doesn't, but everyone is vulnerable to it and there is no such thing as natural immunity, and that is a fact.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 0:56:31

Explain to me why my girlfriend's kid was infected, very sick and his girlfriend that lives with him didn't get the virus, clearly our scientist don't know enough about this virus, neither do you or I, but I do know many people aren't getting infected even when living with an infected person.
(•_•)

myerr21 Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 4:02:11

imagine writing multiple books on the earth2025 forums. Stop being political retards.
Elders

myerr21 Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 4:02:47

I also dont know if anything political was said as i didnt read any of that fluff lol
Elders

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 4:23:50

Yes,

We don't know everything about the virus, but there are over 25 million recorded cases in the USA and there is a ton of evidence to show this is a contagious virus, but it is still no where close to being as contagious a virus as say measles.
I can assure you though that the reason his girlfriend did not get infected has nothing to do with her being immune to it. When you look into these cases more you usually find a simple explanation for this, such as taking precautions even if subconsciously.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 4:46:49

Explain to me why my girlfriend's kid was infected, very sick and his girlfriend that lives with him didn't get the virus, clearly our scientist don't know enough about this virus, neither do you or I, but I do know many people aren't getting infected even when living with an infected person.

What is hard to understand about that?

Would you believe that if I buy two lottery tickets and you buy one there's still a chance that you can get a winning ticket and I don't win anything?

When you are close to an infected person, say within 30ft or so, theres a risk you get infected. Time and proximity, as well as some other stuff that need no mention, will increase that risk. But its very hard to say when its 100% you will get covid or when its 0%. Just like its very hard to say how many lottery tickets you'd need to buy to be sure to win something; that's actually impossible.

The immune system has both active parts and passive parts. Just because you breathe in 1 virus doesnt mean it will latch on to a cell and replicate. Some will be stuck in mucous and carried to the stomach. if you breathe in 1 million virus particles theres a far greater chance for one or a few of them to start replicating. You should try to stop thinking of the immune system as an On/Off function, it's more complex than that.
Either way ofc there are things no one knows still, but that doesn't mean that the experts dont know more than you. Or that you can formulate a strategy better than them. Do you think people who never done your job are better at your job than you? How do you react to them telling you how to do your job?

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 6:19:19

HAH Everyone will feel the pain women have gone through of not having pockets!
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

Suicidal Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 13:54:14

Originally posted by daspheebsie:

HAH Everyone will feel the pain women have gone through of not having pockets!

And pocket pool will be a thing of the past. Men must stand up for their rights!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 17:41:52

What is hard to understand about that?

Would you believe that if I buy two lottery tickets and you buy one there's still a chance that you can get a winning ticket and I don't win anything?

When you are close to an infected person, say within 30ft or so, theres a risk you get infected. Time and proximity, as well as some other stuff that need no mention, will increase that risk. But its very hard to say when its 100% you will get covid or when its 0%. Just like its very hard to say how many lottery tickets you'd need to buy to be sure to win something; that's actually impossible.

The immune system has both active parts and passive parts. Just because you breathe in 1 virus doesnt mean it will latch on to a cell and replicate. Some will be stuck in mucous and carried to the stomach. if you breathe in 1 million virus particles theres a far greater chance for one or a few of them to start replicating. You should try to stop thinking of the immune system as an On/Off function, it's more complex than that.
Either way ofc there are things no one knows still, but that doesn't mean that the experts dont know more than you. Or that you can formulate a strategy better than them. Do you think people who never done your job are better at your job than you? How do you react to them telling you how to do your job?

Originally posted by Dadgha Mhor:
Yes,

We don't know everything about the virus, but there are over 25 million recorded cases in the USA and there is a ton of evidence to show this is a contagious virus, but it is still no where close to being as contagious a virus as say measles.
I can assure you though that the reason his girlfriend did not get infected has nothing to do with her being immune to it. When you look into these cases more you usually find a simple explanation for this, such as taking precautions even if subconsciously.

I agree with both of you, the point I'm trying to make is that vaccination is not for everyone, why is that so hard to understand that you need to sell the vaccine so hard despite not knowing if it even works as effective as they're selling it to be, I'll continue to do what I'm doing (following CDC recommendations) until there's more concrete evidence that the remedy isn't going to trigger some other health issue in the future, I've been exposed several times and so far haven't got sick nor tested positive, same goes with lots of my girlfriend's relatives that live with people who did get sick and they didn't, that's all, bottom line is not everyone will need the vaccine.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 19:18:18

I'm not at all worried about anti-vaxxers. As I said I'm happy if I get the vaccine sooner because some people don't want it. I also think that for the most part the anti-vaxxers are not in risk groups so they mainly contribute to the spread of the virus but not the fatalities. Additionally, I assume that if the virus spreads but very few people die the risk-reward would shift very much in favor of opening society back up which is what everyone wants.
I think from a societal viewpoint it makes sense to want almost everyone to take the vaccine to get to that point sooner. And from an individualistic viewpoint i very much want the vaccine so I can relax a little of my own measures to avoid getting infected.

I also know that whatever vaccine I get will have been tested on tens of million if not hundreds of millions of people by the time I get it. This is a factor in why I'm quite positive to taking the vaccine, so far.

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 19:47:03

I'll also add that I am taking the vaccine not just for my own peace of mind, but also for my Father-In-Law who is 82 y.o, on Chemo, and can't take a vaccine. The last thing I would want to do is infect him unwittingly, he has ~ 25% of dying (and nearly 100% chance of being hospitalized) if he were to catch it. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people who are in his same position. Maybe it's the European in me, but I see it as my duty to society in general. I'm also a huge believer in the power of vaccines and the use of mRNA instead of attenuated virus is really revolutionary.
Anyway, let's just hope we can reach herd immunity and we come out the other end of this as soon as possible.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave