Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 13th 2020, 23:45:03

Count the attacks/defends/missiles/kills/deaths only at the end of the reset so that it can't be exploited to track users with open profiles during resets. That way there wouldn't be rational reasons for productive members of the community to have closed profiles.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 3rd 2021, 17:12:13
See Original Post

The_Hawk

Aug 13th 2020, 23:46:39

Oh is this for chevs?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2020, 23:54:27

i guess the issue with that is how "in" the game those details are.. they would require being pulled from scripts and having new ones made to just satisfy the once per reset thing..

and then what to do about express for instance, when it updates do we update all the servers details or just express? because thats what once per week updating for all the servers if its at the end of an express set..

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2020, 0:06:52

having spoken to gerd some more I am more in favour of it potentially, but it would go hand in hand with opening up everyone's Profiles.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2020, 0:13:38

We don't count hits, missiles, defends hits or deaths on express tho. Same with tournament and primary.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2020, 0:14:16

Yes! lets do that. fix this and open all profiles!

The_Hawk

Aug 14th 2020, 11:45:50

Can we also show alt Nick's too?

Dev encouraging it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2020, 11:54:03

Yeah, that would be epic too.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2020, 12:03:32

I actually am of that belief too.. but I know a lot of people, mods and Admins included don't like that idea.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2020, 12:20:05

This is off topic, but the reason I think so is because for all this time the main reason people used fake nicks is to generate tensions within the community between alliances or individuals. Without them this place would probably be quite civil and more people could have this game as a joyful and relaxing refuge instead of something that infuriates them even more than their daily toils.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 13th 2020, 1:22:29

Originally posted by The_Hawk:

You sure? :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

The_Hawk

Dec 13th 2020, 11:01:17

Originally posted by galleri:

Yes. Would love to know who trolled hellrush.

Dev encouraging it

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 15th 2020, 0:05:04

I know right! So many folks.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

The_Hawk

Dec 15th 2020, 3:13:49

I know right! So many folks.

Need a parenthesis near the name too with the mod that approved it.

Dev encouraging it

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2020, 11:30:08

Originally posted by Bug:
i guess the issue with that is how "in" the game those details are.. they would require being pulled from scripts and having new ones made to just satisfy the once per reset thing..

and then what to do about express for instance, when it updates do we update all the servers details or just express? because thats what once per week updating for all the servers if its at the end of an express set..

the simplest way to do it is delay the updates

leave everything exactly as it is now but archive the data once a day, then instead of feeding current data to the public just give the public the old data

so youd have

15/12/20
16/12/20
17/12/20

saved for example then you could just give the 15 dataset result instead of the 17 today and it becomes 3 days obsolete imediately

if you do that up to 60 days problem completely irrelevant while you work on a better way

a bit more nuanced solution is to track the last time a particular stat had problematic input, so alliance only status would be 0-60 days old but if the reset ended 3 days ago then 3 days old could be used

if a multi server stat then it could be limited to beiung as old as the longest problematic input, so Total Networth doesnt count ffa which always restarts 3 days before alliance so you could just not worry about ffa for that one

that means express only stats like top 10's or best 3 that i presume some people care about can still up date every week when its relevant

theres also no reason self data cant be current at least in terms of value if not ranking

as to obfuscation and ranges with more frequent updates, if you wanted to go that route id consider having overlapping ranges and then a chance each update to pass into the next band

so say id done 28374 attacks in alliance
and the band was 28000-29000
then the next band could be 28500-29500
and each day i was eligible for both bands id have say a 10% cumulative chance to change bands

shouldnt me too complicated with something that can go down like attack success percentage

(side note - when you go to a board such as ffa missiles then click on tournamenet, it defaults to tournament networth, feels weird, and in general it would be nice to have a quicker way to get back to server summarys or profile summarys than clicking back a lot or reopening it)

also related to this its pretty annoying you cant have the first option ticked

Allow other players to see previous countries
Allow other players to see you on leaderboards
Allow other players to see your past countries statuses

because it allows people to see you on some of the leaderboards anyway