Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 1:30:41

Game 1 underway. Saw glasnow hit 100 and drop 83 on his curve for a K and I said ooooweee he's on. Then bellinger bombed one with a dislocated shoulder. Hell of a duel so far.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 2:43:56

Man. Mookie. That's all I can say. Dude steals 2nd and 3rd then scores on a hit and run. Just legged out blowing the game open. Think that dude might be the difference between these teams. Crazy fluff. Here's to tomorrow.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 2:50:33

Then he hits an oppo shot. Mookie is just this game.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 2:52:36

/sip beer
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 2:53:32

what is this game you speak of?

Cause i see no "world" in this series..

The_Hawk

Oct 21st 2020, 2:58:42

Did marshal take over Derrick's nick?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

daspheebsie Game profile

Oct 21st 2020, 3:05:07

This is what I get for not watching baseball this season because of moving and fluff. Just hope it plays out for everyone whose teams are in it. Kind of rooting for the Rays on this one, only because it looks like they are the underdogs. But yay to whichever team that wins. (Sorry a Cubs fan so really only watch them)
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 3:15:53

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
Did marshal take over Derrick's nick?

Maybe.. Have to get someone to IP look up to check ;)

iScode Game profile

Oct 21st 2020, 4:29:33

go the royals!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 4:39:24

Who's playing anyways?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 4:52:21

Originally posted by Bug:
what is this game you speak of?

Cause i see no "world" in this series..

Your fellow countryman Aaron Whitefield, Lewis Thorpe, Warwick Saupold, James Beresford and Liam Hendricks would beg to differ and two of them make a whole hell of a lot of cheddar being total studs in the american game. Theres a reason why this is the world series. In fact, 30% of the league will tell you it's the world series because only Nippon Baseball League in Japan even comes close to competitive salaries. There is no salary cap in American baseball. So if you are a billionaire and you want to own a team. You better be able to hustle Cubans across the border illegally at 16 years old if they can hit and pay someone 20 million a year to travel around the world to play ball here if you wanna win. It is truly the world series.

What you're looking for, Bug, is an every 4 year event called the World Baseball Classic where teams actually play for their country, and the American league sort of takes breaks around it in the way European soccer does for international competition in Miami next summer. In 2017 Aus beat China but was in a tough pool with Cuba and and 2 time winner Japan and got absolutely shelled. Tbh, those 5 guys I mentioned are about all Australia offers in the event haha. The Dominican republic and Venezuela and such can really compete but not so much Australia lol. But guys actually act happier when they win it for their country than their billionaires and american cities. It's a fun event to watch. (True fact, good ball players from cuba will defect to Venezuela who allows citizenship for Cuban defectors after establishing residency and a job for X years. And baseball is a job etc. And since we allow international work visas from that country we will then be able to allow that player to work in this country. But soooooometimes people just swim to Venezuela or the Dominican and steal dead people's identities in order to be able to play ball in america. It happens sort of frequently. Fausto Carmona just got arrested for actually being an illegal named Roberto Heredia not that long ago. Its hilariously worldwide!)

Originally posted by daspheebsie:
This is what I get for not watching baseball this season because of moving and fluff. Just hope it plays out for everyone whose teams are in it. Kind of rooting for the Rays on this one, only because it looks like they are the underdogs. But yay to whichever team that wins. (Sorry a Cubs fan so really only watch them)

It was a tougher year to watch. Baseball is even more of a snoozefest without the fans sometimes.

I was in Tampa in February to work my side gig as a northeastern regional scout for the Bless You Boys in Detroit. Got hung up there into mid march due to a pandemic and had adventure getting home. What was fun about this year is, without minor league ball, teams called up a pile of kids just to keep them fresh. I got to see a kid who I switched his changeup grip when he was 14 get 10 whiffs on the pitch in a major league game. I feel like I know what proud dad feels like.

Rays dont have the depth offensively to hang with the dodgers. They are for sure the underdog. Mookie and Kershaw cost like hundreds of millions more than tyler glasnow or randy arozarena. And thru game 1 that appears to be the difference. Mookie took control of the game. Tapped his way onto first, stole second, stole third and then was halfway down the line on a groundout hit and run to blow the game open. He looked like ricky Henderson out there. Then came up to bat the next inning and mashed a tator the opposite way. He was ENTERTAINING AS HELL!

I seriously feel like yall wanna smash on some politics with me but don't wanna talk baseball? Did I fall asleep and wake up on 4chan? Get it together. This is americas game and it's far more important than the election.

Also, Marshal doesn't make posts this long and makes far less sense. TALK TO ME ABOUT GAME 2

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 21st 2020, 5:38:07
See Original Post

iScode Game profile

Oct 21st 2020, 5:38:31

Pretty sure Mookie and Kershaw cost more than the whole Rays team combined or something similar, sure I read that somewhere.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 5:41:28

I wouldnt doubt it. Arozarena is a rookie he is probs making 500k. Pretty sure Mookie does that every time he smiles.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 11:35:43

Derrick, I'm also messing with you.. but I also dislike it when they call a series "world" when its played with teams who are based in one country :P

because otherwise we might as well say that the AFL grand final is the "world final of AFL" :P because no one else plays it :P

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 13:29:13

I meaaaaan. In the 70s your cricket league played the world series :)

daspheebsie Game profile

Oct 21st 2020, 18:04:34

I mean technically we include Canada in the World Series (The Toronto Bluejays).
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

iScode Game profile

Oct 21st 2020, 18:35:26

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I meaaaaan. In the 70s your cricket league played the world series :)

Those were international teams, if the US were good enough you could have played :P.

This is a franchise league, not international teams, I do agree with Bug that its not really a world series. Not that I don't enjoy it!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 19:31:21

To hell with you all. I like Tampa to even the series at 1 a piece tonight with Gonsolin going against Snell. Blake has been dealing this postseason.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2020, 19:54:47

Mookie won you a free doritos locos taco on October 28th and you should all be more grateful.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 21st 2020, 23:27:51

Bug is mad we didn't invite the greatest cricket player dagga to play.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iScode Game profile

Oct 22nd 2020, 4:28:18

Originally posted by galleri:
Bug is mad we didn't invite the greatest cricket player dagga to play.

bahahahahaha (in all seriousness Dagga did play a bit of rep cricket.)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

major Game profile

Oct 22nd 2020, 23:06:43

nashville mayor is mr. toad

Raging Budda Game profile

Oct 25th 2020, 18:33:27

Game 4 might have one of the most crazy WS games. No one could put up a zero and the ending to even it 2-2. Game on.
Your base is mine!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2020, 18:57:59

Yeah. I was just talking about that. It was definitely one of the most entertaining series games ever. If Margot had been successful stealing home yesterday, game 5 would have been just as memorable. Hell of a series anyways tho. Hopefully Snell can deliver a beauty today. The fans deserve a game 7.

....and I deserve to watch the finale on my day off haha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 26th 2020, 19:01:13
See Original Post

iScode Game profile

Oct 28th 2020, 0:06:25

Well today is my day off so i hope dodgers win it today lol :P

Dodgers to win 7-4 in game 6 to take it 4-2 is my prediction!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Oct 28th 2020, 0:11:29

scratch that, rays don't lose when they score first :(
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!