Verified:

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 9:22:26

This is our new retal policies for non pacted alliances,

Our retal policy is 1:1 on all non topfeeds.

Multiple hits on the same country in 24 hours from the same alliance will be retaliated 1:1 2:1 (escalating)

Multiple hits on SoF from the same country within 24hours will be retaliated 1:1 2:1 (escalating)

Topfeeds will be retalliated land:land.
- a topfeed is defined as the defender having more than 125% the land or networth of the attacker.

DH's will be retalliated 1:1 non escalating

Missile attacks will be retaliated land:land or 2:1, whichever is greater.

More than 4 attacks on a SOF country per week will be grounds for a kill.

Reparations are calculated as $27,500 per acre per week.

Since most of the server wants to open up for some grabbing we are trying to adjust to that to give your and our own players a more intresting playing aspect, since formulas in the game itself encourages grabbing between countries the same size so will we so that both the attacker/defender can earn on the deal without too much hassle

Ivan
Vice President
Survival of the Fittest

Link Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 9:36:43

nice.. i like it lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

dustfp Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 10:56:51

grabbing is good, therefore this is good
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

iTavi

Dec 5th 2010, 11:36:56

"Multiple hits on the same country in 24 hours from the same alliance will be retaliated 1:1 2:1 "

that's nice but i am understanding you are retaling all hits with one hit! :P
~

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:03:46

Well Dagga 2 to answer your post

1 we dont give a fluff what you think, this is our policies if you wanna hit us or not thats up to you

2 "as the best hits will be made around similar NW" which is exactly what we are trying to encourage countries the same size in land and nw hitting each other

3 fluff

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:05:06

That just prevents the same tag from hitting the same country repeatedly tavi, we want to encourage grabbing we dont want farming to break out and in most cases this actually protects your tag more then it does to ours

TAN Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:12:12

there's no such thing as topfeeds.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:26:42

shrug, thats up to you this is our opinion on things and if you dont have a pact with us you will follow it or take the consequences for it its as easy as that

We arent forcing anyone of you to hit us and imo these rules arent very unfair but if people prefer we will just go back to 150% L:L on all hits?

Anyway if you dont have anything valid to post, then go post it somewhere else

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2010, 15:46:48

The entire L:L concept is what the problem in terms of LGing between alliances. Not to mention the fact that the attacker being 125% smaller in NW (as per your policy) is not a top feed. A country gets the max amount of land being the same NW not smaller. Therefore a country that is 25% smaller than the country he attacks will get less land than if he was equal. This is not a top feed.

Like TAN said there is no such thing as a top feed.

I think a fun environment would be where most retals were country:country where the alliance would step in only if the attacker does more than say 2 or 3 grabs or special attacks. That to me would be a much more interesting environment to play in.

For some reason everyone on this server wants to have ultimate tag protection while still being able to grab. This structure would work if we had thousands of players and plenty of targets. This however is not the case. We have less than 1k countries and no one wants to accept being attacked or defending their own country.

Now we have a server that is quite frankly boring as hell to play on because you either farm the same untaggs every day or go all explore.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:55:43

If you don't like land:land, then stop being such a crappy player that people can retal you. Get more turrets, or stop whining about people retalling your attacks. Just because you can't defend your country from retaliation doesn't mean we should take pity on your nubbishness.

diez Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:56:16

rockman sighting!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2010, 16:02:17

You've got it wrong Rockman!

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 16:53:59

I read yer post requiem and suprisingly most if it said blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

but since im a very nice person im going to reply to your 125% argument and that is that if the country is bigger then its a lot less returns with 125% we still allow a 30k acers country to hit a 40k acers country for example

like i said the point is to encourage grabbing between countries the same size and nothing else, if you want country:country retals only well heck start a clan and do it id more then happy to farm you into the ground untill you quit

If anyonelse has any whine to post, like i said earlier post it somewhere else

ponderer Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 16:59:43

Originally posted by Ivan:

I read yer post requiem and suprisingly most if it said blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

but since im a very nice person im going to reply to your 125% argument and that is that if the country is bigger then its a lot less returns with 125% we still allow a 30k acers country to hit a 40k acers country for example

like i said the point is to encourage grabbing between countries the same size and nothing else, if you want country:country retals only well heck start a clan and do it id more then happy to farm you into the ground untill you quit

If anyonelse has any whine to post, like i said earlier post it somewhere else

My math be wrong, but isn't that 30k country attacking a country with 133% of their land, and subject to land for land under your policy?
m0m0rific

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2010, 17:12:18

I don't believe my post was whining but I do believe that if anyone has anything to say in contrary to your ideas you will dismiss, in your mind, as whining.

If you want me to quit it would take a lot less work than that ;)

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 17:37:32

Indeed they will!

submtit to teh fluffy side

sof.earth2025.net

Murf Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 18:13:19

lol ponderer you referring to my country and the grab on #37?

Evo were entitled to take land:land from me but they didnt

aponic Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 18:21:53

150% land actually murf
SOF
Cerevisi

kemo Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 18:30:22

ya buddy 30k hittin a 40k is over 1.25% :P
all praised to ra

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 19:14:48

lol yeah its bad example, was bein lazy and didnt actually count it

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 19:25:12

how can we do any whine if there isn't enough cheese?
do these retal rules apply to untaggeds?
hmm, for that matter, are people allowed to play untagged?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

kemo Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 19:30:59

do these rules apply to people not playin the game at all?
all praised to ra

iTavi

Dec 5th 2010, 19:56:45

That just prevents the same tag from hitting the same country repeatedly tavi, we want to encourage grabbing we dont want farming to break out and in most cases this actually protects your tag more then it does to ours

you didnt read my post good. i know what escalating is for (LOL!) it's just that you wrote like this : "1:1 2:1 ..." meaning for one hit you retal once, for 2 hits you retal still once and so on :)

correct should have been 1:1 3:2 ... and so on :P
~

aponic Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 19:58:16

good point tavi
SOF
Cerevisi

Thomas Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 23:27:52

Ivan--

Very nice policy. Are you guys still on the 72 hour retal window?

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 0:12:47

I like most of what I read but is 125% the common number? Seems a bit small to me... since at small lands you wont be able to hit much of anything. Not that id grab you anyways but seems restrictive :P

Ivan Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 0:35:23

For now we are Thomas, this might change as well I actually havnt thought about it but untill something else is announced we will be on 72h retal windows

Its quite hard finding a number that doesnt restrict too much and doesnt allow too much locket perhaps this will be adjusted in the future

hanlong Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 1:37:15

i agree with requiem. country:country is the way to go.

it rewards more skilled players.

i hate the "go play primary if you want C:C" crap, i think the alliance steps in if someone is really abusing you, but if its just a grab and you can't retal yourself you should just "L2P N00B"
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Fooglmog Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 1:55:49

Originally posted by iTavi:

you didnt read my post good. i know what escalating is for (LOL!) it's just that you wrote like this : "1:1 2:1 ..." meaning for one hit you retal once, for 2 hits you retal still once and so on :)

correct should have been 1:1 3:2 ... and so on :P

No tavi, that's a standard way of writing retals. Saying "3:2" doesn't give the relevant information in all circumstances. Saying "1:1, 2:1, 3:1" is much clearer.

And your interpretation that they are retalling all hits with 1 retal would never be right regardless. The retalling alliance's hits are always listed first... you can essentially understand retals by replacing the colon (":") with the word "for". For you to be correct, they would have had to write "1:1, 1:2, 1:3" rather than "1:1, 2:1, 3:1".

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 3:10:13

For now we are Thomas, this might change as well I actually havnt thought about it but untill something else is announced we will be on 72h retal windows

Its quite hard finding a number that doesnt restrict too much and doesnt allow too much locket perhaps this will be adjusted in the future

Okay thanks for the info.

crazyserb Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 5:28:35

don't you guys find it funny how a netting alliance such as NA is the only one that had the balls to make a policy that actually made the server more fun????

Murf Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 6:21:55

yea but they were losing out bigtime

locket Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 6:42:40

Perhaps a point at which the number changes? Like anything beyond 15k is 125 and before that is 150? I dunno

gwagers Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 8:58:19

Originally posted by hanlong:
i agree with requiem. country:country is the way to go.

it rewards more skilled players.

i hate the "go play primary if you want C:C" crap, i think the alliance steps in if someone is really abusing you, but if its just a grab and you can't retal yourself you should just "L2P N00B"

And when that noob throws a missile because he's got no other way of making his displeasure known, you'll kill him, and he'll quit. People play in alliances for tag protection; if it's not going to be available, alliances will be called out for false advertising and new members are going to leave.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

anoniem Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 19:02:07

i think this is good.
re(ally)tired

ponderer Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 19:05:17

why not use the HAN retal policy. 75% of single grabs are ignored. 25% are retalled with 20x AB's.
m0m0rific

Thomas Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 21:22:18

Ivan --

I was going to contact you about a LG, to verify the application of this policy. But it appears I have been banned from #sof ??

[16:21] #sof unable to join channel (address is banned)

Chevs

Dec 8th 2010, 21:26:15

I think its pretty clear, PM me or aponic we are both around on gamesurge right now
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Chevs

Dec 8th 2010, 21:33:41

or just PM me here regarding this
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Helmet Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 21:47:05

ponderer: haha

don't forget the in game message:

You no grab HAN make building go boom

Patience Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 22:25:02

HAN no like landgrab. You dai now.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Ivan Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 23:58:33

If you were banned its removed now

SMz Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:38:05

SoF's retal policy:

1 LG from Sanct or Evo , we FS u :0

anoniem Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:51:12

/me waits for smz to sell his alliance mates down the river
re(ally)tired

ponderer Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:53:38

GLORY TO HAN!
m0m0rific

DeathRider Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 3:49:16

just got a question about your "topfeed" policy.

It's my understanding that land has little to do with how much land you gain during a landgrab anymore, so why is it that there are still topfeed policies still being enacted? It looks to me to be just something clans use just to get free land.

Edited By: DeathRider on Dec 20th 2010, 3:52:24
See Original Post

TAN Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 4:45:15

shrug, thats up to you this is our opinion on things and if you dont have a pact with us you will follow it or take the consequences for it its as easy as that

We arent forcing anyone of you to hit us and imo these rules arent very unfair but if people prefer we will just go back to 150% L:L on all hits?

whoa I forgot I even posted in here, and no need to get touchy. also, what i posted was and is valid. it seems that any opinion other than yours is somehow invalid? did i get that right?

regardless, your topfeeding rule makes no sense:

- a topfeed is defined as the defender having more than 125% the land or networth of the attacker.

Country A = 10m NW, 10k land
Country B = 1m NW, 10k land

So you would call Country A's hit on Country B to be a topfeed? Absurd. The returns would be horrible with the new formulas. You need to be more specific with what you define as topfeeding, even though it doesn't exist.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Mr.Silver

Dec 20th 2010, 5:34:08

Was interesting how HAN always conveniently forgot english if FA went south or difficult. Trolley and Niceti were better at english than most of us north americans.

de1i Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:23:56

Originally posted by TAN:

whoa I forgot I even posted in here, and no need to get touchy. also, what i posted was and is valid. it seems that any opinion other than yours is somehow invalid? did i get that right?

regardless, your topfeeding rule makes no sense:

Country A = 10m NW, 10k land
Country B = 1m NW, 10k land

So you would call Country A's hit on Country B to be a topfeed? Absurd. The returns would be horrible with the new formulas. You need to be more specific with what you define as topfeeding, even though it doesn't exist.

No according to their policy that would not be a topfeed :P
The DEFENDER has to have 125% more land/NW. So country B hitting country A would be a topfeed per their policy.

TAN Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 11:14:17

Originally posted by de1i:
So country B hitting country A would be a topfeed per their policy.

Sorry, that's what I meant. But it doesn't make any sense, because a topfeed is a subjective definition based on maximized returns.

Clearly Country B hitting Country A is not maximizing returns at all, because optimal returns are figured by both NW *and* land, not just one or the other as this retal policy states.
FREEEEEDOM!!!