Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 18:21:52

They claim to, and I don't doubt them, one thing I've learned over the years is that Russia doesn't fluff around, mass production will start in September and mass distribution in October.

https://youtu.be/IGHYYUX6I3Y

And yes the criticism and bickering has started 🤷

Edited By: Primeval on Aug 11th 2020, 21:26:48
See Original Post
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 18:23:26

Can one of the mods edit my title from vaccinated to vaccine please? Autocorrect happened #stupidphone
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 11th 2020, 19:07:51

There are like 30 other vaccines that have been tested more rigorously than this one and has not yet been approved for mass use. This russian vaccine has been tested on 76 people in a study that has not been published, and while its probable it works in some people, we dont know how well or with what side effects.
If you have to approve a vaccine that a billion people should take the rare side effects that happen to 1/1000 people will have to be explored by studies of thousands of people, not 76 people. thats why the leading Chinese, American and European vaccine candidates are being tested in trials of 20000-50000 people in so called phase 3 trials. This vaccine didnt go through a phase 3 trial.

I love your russia first attitude but curb it for now. Because China went out and said they would start mass vaccination on their armed forces already in June, and since then we've heard nothing about that, so it obviously didn't go as planned.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 19:10:17

If only they funded the research for a corona vaccine after MERS.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 19:12:00

In Russia, COVID is Vaccination.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 19:34:34

We'll have to see how this goes, who gets vaccinated and such, governments love secrecy and none of them will share more than the minimum amount of information in order to keep appearances.

As for the Chinese already vaccinated their soldiers and us not hearing anything else about it can be taken two ways, it didn't work so say nothing, or it did work and nothing will be said because it isn't convenient to.
(•_•)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 21:05:23

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 11th 2020, 21:26:31

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Can one of the mods edit my title from vaccinated to vaccine please? Autocorrect happened #stupidphone

Users can't edit their topic? Done.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 21:28:26

Originally posted by Primeval:

Users can't edit their topic? Done.

Nope, maybe a bug since it's happened before where I can't edit a thread title? Thanks Prime :-)
(•_•)

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 22:46:51

"A vaccine against coronavirus has been registered for the first time in the world this morning," Putin said on state TV. "I know that it works quite effectively, it forms a stable immunity."
Putin added that one of his daughters had already taken it.

Apparently the confidence level in the vaccine and its potential side effects falls short of 67 yr old Putin taking it himself
👽

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 22:55:36

Originally posted by ZEN:

There is more truth to this than most realise.

I ain't kidding. Read the latest research in virology and epigenetics. Just because 0.0x% people die of a virus doesn't mean that it is inherently evil.

It's a modern day global trolley problem. I don't envy policy makers right now. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

There is little to none research on the invisible effects on the 99%+ that survive. A wealth of information on bacteriophages and viruses as just a small cog in a big machine that is the trillions of moving parts that make up the body.

I hate to post this because people close to me have been affected grievously, but the truth is often complicated and touches on very sensitive realities. I think the truth is important though, and it must be found for the benefit of all that remain.

amin Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 0:35:04

good news !

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 0:56:16

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Originally posted by ZEN:

There is more truth to this than most realise.

I ain't kidding. Read the latest research in virology and epigenetics. Just because 0.0x% people die of a virus doesn't mean that it is inherently evil.

It's a modern day global trolley problem. I don't envy policy makers right now. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

There is little to none research on the invisible effects on the 99%+ that survive. A wealth of information on bacteriophages and viruses as just a small cog in a big machine that is the trillions of moving parts that make up the body.

I hate to post this because people close to me have been affected grievously, but the truth is often complicated and touches on very sensitive realities. I think the truth is important though, and it must be found for the benefit of all that remain.

My girlfriend side of the family has gotten the virus, lots of them, two pregnant cousins, nobody has had to be hospitalized, worst one had mild colds with temporary loss of smell and taste senses, rest didn't even know they had it, found out through contact tracing testing...
(•_•)

BROmanceNZ

Aug 12th 2020, 1:05:16

Originally posted by Gerdler:
There are like 30 other vaccines that have been tested more rigorously than this one and has not yet been approved for mass use. This russian vaccine has been tested on 76 people in a study that has not been published, and while its probable it works in some people, we dont know how well or with what side effects.
If you have to approve a vaccine that a billion people should take the rare side effects that happen to 1/1000 people will have to be explored by studies of thousands of people, not 76 people. thats why the leading Chinese, American and European vaccine candidates are being tested in trials of 20000-50000 people in so called phase 3 trials. This vaccine didnt go through a phase 3 trial.

I love your russia first attitude but curb it for now. Because China went out and said they would start mass vaccination on their armed forces already in June, and since then we've heard nothing about that, so it obviously didn't go as planned.

I can’t wait for some country to rush a vaccine for political and profit reasons and then it goes tits up leaving a bunch of people with nasty side effects.

The anti-vaxx crowd will wet their pants and slip over each other’s gushing to be the first to be like “I fluffing told you so!”

archaic Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 1:43:28

governments love secrecy and none of them will share more than the minimum amount of information in order to keep appearances.

Yeah see, thats the problem. Thats not how science works. Russia doesn't have a vaccine - they just have a candidate for a possible vaccine. Putin is just pulling a Trump and making grandiose claims that will be forgotten in a couple of news cycles.

We've been waiting 39 years for an HIV vaccine, even longer for a herpes vaccine, there was no MERS or SARS or H5N1 vaccine developed before those diseases ran their course. There will not be a widely available vaccine for Covid-19 in time to affect the COVID-19 outbreak. In fact, I'd being willing to bet a box of chocolate Pop-Tarts that we'll never see an FDA approved COVID vaccine.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 2:10:14

They make chocolate pop tarts now????

Perhaps you're right, perhaps the Russians are right, it doesn't hurt to have them give this a go, what do we have to lose?
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 12th 2020, 17:19:12

They make chocolate pop tarts now????

Perhaps you're right, perhaps the Russians are right, it doesn't hurt to have them give this a go, what do we have to lose?

Are you even asking this?

If this vaccine turns out to be fluff, like the swine flu vaccine(Some seriously nasty side effects in some demographics) or worse, how many anti-vaxxers will we have to deal with when the vaccines that are proven safe start comming out and are approved?

They(Fauci et al) have already said its unlikely that we'll get a 98% efficacious vaccine and what they are hoping for is 75%, but they have also said will approve a safe vaccine that is 50% efficacious. That means people who take the vaccine may still die in covid19, it's just less likely, and so the vaccine induced(or disease induced or a combination thereof) herd immunity will be important in order to achieve normality. A large anti-vax crowd WILL be the direct cause of fatalities in risk groups, no matter if those risk groups take the vaccine or not.
That is not the case for say a TBE vaccine that I took a few months ago. It protects me, regardless of who else takes it.

MILORD Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 20:08:28

I'm not afraid of the virus - I'm afraid of vaccinations! Many of my acquaintances have already been ill with covid19 ... Both in mild form, and with pneumonia, and even with a fatal outcome. The virus is certainly insidious. But the creators of the virus are much more insidious. I hope the vaccination will not be compulsory.

P. S.
I can't say what the whole of Russia thinks about our vaccine ... But I and my close friends do not want to be vaccinated and do not trust our government and Putin.

Edited By: MILORD on Aug 12th 2020, 20:15:32
See Original Post
born in the USSR

Rasp Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 20:28:50

My wife tested positive Monday, and I likely have it as well.

Currently, I will sometimes feel fatigued and get a tickle in my chest or have to sneeze, but nothing that would put me on my ass like other people we know who have it. However; I have a hunch we got it while traveling back in March (which did knock us on our ass), but testing wasn't available back then.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Goofy Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 23:43:13

The biggest issue with this virus is no one knows what the long term effects can be on anybody. Some report the possibility of long term or permanent lung and/or other important organ damage. This is including what can happen to kids as they get older.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 13th 2020, 2:50:58

It's a new virus so of course theres going to be unknowns. But just as they did with immunity before they could test for antibodies so are they doing now with long term effects. Just because we don't know doesn't mean the worst case scenario is likely.
So wash your hands, physically distance yourself from people where possible, avoid socializing where it can be avoided, try to meet outdoors if you have to meet, and stay home if you are sick. There is no reason to panic, it's pretty much what you should have been doing most of the time before this pandemic too. :)

Rasp Game profile

Aug 21st 2020, 14:55:22

wife still can't taste or smell, but otherwise is recovered.

[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2020, 15:47:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:
It's a new virus so of course theres going to be unknowns. But just as they did with immunity before they could test for antibodies so are they doing now with long term effects. Just because we don't know doesn't mean the worst case scenario is likely.
So wash your hands, physically distance yourself from people where possible, avoid socializing where it can be avoided, try to meet outdoors if you have to meet, and stay home if you are sick. There is no reason to panic, it's pretty much what you should have been doing most of the time before this pandemic too. :)

Yeah, easier said than done, unfortunately, people are so self serving that common sense goes out the window.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2020, 19:28:49

Oooo I have some things to add. What russia has done vaccine wise is create a viral vector vaccine. Without getting into too much science mumbo jumbo, viral vector vaccines have limited efficacy but are typically the least toxic and dangerous types of vaccine. They inject you with mild adenoviruses (common cold) but attach the spike protein so antibodies get in your genes and sort of prepare your body to fight a virus. Not to say that it's a vaccine in the conventional sense, but viral vector is kind of the classic approach to making the most safe type of vaccine. Think flu shot. We have a ton of experience as a world with lowering viral vectors and it stands to reason it would lower people's chance of infection some amount without harming them. But just how much Rona it would prevent and just what side effects it carries is a virtual unknown.

They did not complete a phase 3 trial...period. There are currently 6 american vaccines that have passed the first 2 phases of clinical trial (including 2 viral vectors of our own), and are in phase 3 human trials. In other words, scientifically speaking, this vaccine is behind those. They've just opted to skip testing it for side effects and how well it works because it's the safest vaccine type and probably won't hurt much, but who knows if it will help? And the key word is probably there too. Without data, who knows? It could be toxic or carcinogenic and we just wont know until they take it and we find out.

It's a strong play to invest in the safest type of vax and release it immediately on finishing it with no testing data. That could go just about every way imaginable. Fortunately it's a viral vector so it's just more likely that it works a small percentage of the time and has extremely limited side effects. In other words, I think Putin is right. It's sorta the lowest risk move he could make to get something out first. Its irresponsible as hell but it's like the lowest form of optimism maybe killing people. Hopefully it doesn't backfire. Without phase 3 trials, there's no real way of knowing how it will go. But it's one of those things where theres a 50% chance ish it will lower cases and 5-15% chance it will carry major side effects. Anything I've ever learned about Putin tells me he will take those odds. I'd just rather my local leadership didn't. I'd rather not be placing bets on whether it will work and side effects when I go get a vax myself. But I also understand the urgency and why this move was made. It's a calculated risk.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 21st 2020, 19:56:42
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2020, 20:01:52

The irony, however, of the American anti-vax contingent even considering an untested solution is not lost on me. I think that sort of behavior is what caused me to start calling them bootlickers and realizing how affected we are as a society by Russian trolls.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2020, 20:14:47

Did you wear a mask protesting?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 21st 2020, 20:57:07

Masks outdoors are just virtue signaling probably. In crowded buses, subways and trains and perhaps crowded grocery stores sure it could help.

So many nice studies came out these past weeks on immunity and they all point towards a strong and lasting protection after convalescence. T-cells from SARS-CoV1 survivors (2003) have shown activity against SARS-CoV2 today, 17 years later, which at least means milder disease, possibly immunity, lasts that long at the very least.
These T-Cells that activate against SARS-CoV2 is present in 25-60% of all people (depending on population) even before the virus started spreading, which could be a reason for why some countries like Japan totally messed up their response in terms of everything and still managed to come out unscathed.The hubris of governments seem to have made made them take credit for successes that perhaps would have happened regardless of policy.

Either way, smart lockdowns together, recommendations of with improved testing+tracing, may prove to be enough in most places throughout the autumn, winter and spring (after which vaccine+ disease mediated immunity should be far enough along to go back to pretty much normal function of society).
There's every reason to be optimistic imo, that said theres no reason to blindly open up with no plan.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2020, 21:05:12

Originally posted by Requiem:
Did you wear a mask protesting?
When the protests first popped off I think it was still in March. People who habitually wore masks seemed to experience the anxiety and potential panic attacks that make adult men cry that they can't breathe significantly less. We knew soooooo little about the virus then that people habitually wore masks, yes. People at the protests were supplying PPE and I would say 999 out of a thousand protesters wore masks. When they were at their largest, I think, we knew so little about it that that wasn't virtue signaling. And people are just in the habit of it now in large crowds which I think is not a bad thing.

All I'm really gonna say is that if you wanna cry that you can't breathe in a mask, you've probably never gone down on a woman long enough to get her off. Justtttt sayyyyin.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 4:38:20

I agree with Gerd, masks outdoors are pretty fluffing stupid, especially those jogging, walking, riding bikes, morons in cars, all of you are certified stupid, social distance and proper sanitation is the trick, so to all those idiots in crowds wearing a mask... I LOL at you, you've already contracted the virus from the jackass standing shoulder to shoulder with you carrying the virus, congrats!

BTW, the mask is to reduce spreading the virus IN CASE YOU HAVE IT, if you don't have it and the person talking to you without a mask has COVID 19, you now have it too, cheers!

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Aug 22nd 2020, 4:40:54
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 4:42:02

Oh yeah...

/end rant
(•_•)

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 6:34:18

It has already been proven that the mask does not protect against the virus. The virus will easily penetrate the mask, both in a confined space and outdoors.
The mask can protect you from droplets of saliva if you sneeze, no more.
I wear a mask only when I am not allowed to go to a store or plane without a mask.
born in the USSR

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 22nd 2020, 10:14:38

A face mask worn right, and handled right, will most certainly reduce the spread from the wearer. Stopping droplets spreading from the mouth of the wearer is their main task in health care, something that has been relied on for more than a century in surgeries for instance.
The problem is where and when, if anywhere, it can be applied safely somewhere else. Masks will never be the most important thing. It can't replace social distance or good hand hygene, and in some places it seems to do just that; the focus turns to masks for no reason.
Then you got problems with handling them right, both on the face and after wear. Are you going to take off the mask, put it in your pocket and then put it back on again ten times over in a day? That contaminates the hands and the face potentially. Thats OK if you disinfect the face mask with alcohol after use, or if you dispose of it correctly and take a new one.

These mask mandates are betting on masks worn and handled wrongly being better than no masks. Except it wears on peoples patience in a bad way and they get tired of all the mandates earlier because of it. Endurance is going to be really important, because this whole ordeal won't be fully over and done til next summer at the earliest.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 11:26:10

Yeah that's actually an extremely important part of it. I put on my mask when I leave my house, take it off when I get home, wash it and hang it up (for the record, I use the VIDA filtered mask where you change filters as needed and wash it daily. It's by far the most comfortable mask I've worn. I don't sweat in at all and hardly notice it in a 110 degree kitchen. Little plug there because I used to sweat right thru the disposable ones). It's frankly routine and I live in a huge ass city. Once I go into a 7 eleven, I feel as though I dont wanna be touching my face or my mask until after I wash my hands.

Also important side bar, I contact over 100 individual diners per day when I'm working in a city with 1.6 million people and 150+ new cases plus per day. I touch utensils that were literally in mouths. I also have a preexisting heart condition and smoke cigarettes, so one might assume that the game of staying healthy and safe is a little different than some perfectly healthy country bumpkin.

It's likely I've come in contact with the virus, probably more likely for me than most. If I got it and am asymptomatic, the proper masking I do everyday and continuous hand washing is likely preventing the spread. If I did not contract the virus, it's likely the fact that I dont touch my mask until after I wash my hands that has kept me safe. And I won't take it off until I wash up everything.

I think everyone may have a unique situation, and its frankly unlikely that I wont stop to take a piss or buy a water when I'm out and about. It's probably good I'm not touching my mask all day taking it on and off. And it's probably good I'm washing my hands or sanitizing at every chance I get. Because social distancing isnt always a possible reality in a city this large. Perhaps that's why we are the only city in america where over 80% of encounters with 5 people will be with all people wearing masks.

The unfortunate thing is that the 4% contingent of anti-maskers like to politicize it, criticize workers for following rules and tell people they're wrong for making decisions based on their own personal health, or in some cases, literally just following the rules to be an open business. Their decision to not wear a mask is ABSOLUTELY MY PROBLEM. They make that clear. And it's like whoa. Regardless of what you believe, I'm risking my life to get you a fluffin steak dinner. Can it. This is America, right? So when you're in my house you follow my fluffin rules. Get over it, Karen. If you want to have a big ass anti-mask covid party at your house, you have that right as well. My decisions about my health in my place of business or home are my decisions, and not up for debate. I'll happily explain why I do things the way I do. I'm happy to hear others explain why they do things the way they do too. I'm just extremely sick of entitled motherfluffers trying to assert their decisions onto my place of work. Eating my cooking is a goddamn privilege and if I want you to wear a diaper while you do it, you can either wear a diaper or you can fluff off.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 22nd 2020, 12:01:52
See Original Post

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 13:04:47

Meh every year the flu shot is a hit or miss thing depending on if the guess they strain right. The Wuhan Red Death will wind up being the same thing.

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 14:58:09

Friends! Surgeons need masks, they work with open wounds ...
And now, the Internet will help you, answer - is a mask capable of protecting against any virus ?!
Friends, let's just figure out where they lie to us at the level of the media and the government, and where the truth is ...

Let's discuss together how much the mask saves from the virus ...

Edited By: MILORD on Aug 22nd 2020, 15:00:46
See Original Post
born in the USSR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:08:29

I'm willing to bet 9 of 10 people don't follow the mask safety protocol as you (Gerd and Dee) pointed out, sanitation and social distance are the most important weapons.
(•_•)

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:11:27

I have a 23rd birthday, I am at work in the far north of Russia. The city of Novy Urengoy. I drank a little .... My friends in the game congratulated me on Mars2025 ... Here I am one Russian and also Sterletamak. I don't know any other Russians.
born in the USSR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:15:48

Happy birthday bud!
(•_•)

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:16:22

ps
The translator distorted ... I'm not 23 years old.
08/23/1976 - My Birthday!
born in the USSR

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:17:21

Happy birthday bud!

Thank you brother!
born in the USSR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:17:54

I'm from 08/02/1976 :-)
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:28:48

Happy late birthday!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:31:33

If you were 23, youd be the youngest earther I know by quite a margin. Hahaha. Happy birthday man! Hope it's a good one!

I know I think two other russian players on here. Not as many here as Mars for sure. You're from Sterlitamak? I work with a girl from Aktobe in the Ukraine and I think she's mentioned it. What are you doing so far north?

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:34:06

Golden time is 76 years in the USSR. We remember Brezhnev Andropov Chernenko Gorbachev Yeltsin and Putin. At school we were trained for a nuclear war, how to escape in a bomb shelter, etc., then perestroika began.
born in the USSR

ninong Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:39:06

heard the Russian covid vaccine cures homosexuality too
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

MILORD Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 15:40:01

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
If you were 23, youd be the youngest earther I know by quite a margin. Hahaha. Happy birthday man! Hope it's a good one!

I know I think two other russian players on here. Not as many here as Mars for sure. You're from Sterlitamak? I work with a girl from Aktobe in the Ukraine and I think she's mentioned it. What are you doing so far north?

Originally posted by DerrickICN:

I am more than 23 years old. August 23rd birthday. I write through translator. He sometimes distorts the translation.
in the north, I work in the construction of oil and gas fields.
Thank.

Edited By: MILORD on Aug 22nd 2020, 15:45:55
See Original Post
born in the USSR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 16:15:45

Happy late birthday!

Lol thanks!
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Aug 22nd 2020, 16:53:41

Originally posted by MILORD:
It has already been proven that the mask does not protect against the virus. The virus will easily penetrate the mask, both in a confined space and outdoors.
The mask can protect you from droplets of saliva if you sneeze, no more.
I wear a mask only when I am not allowed to go to a store or plane without a mask.

Proven huh? By who?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 17:15:42

The mask is not to prevent you from catching the virus, it is to reduce the spread from person to person by reducing the droplets that get into the air. A proper mask will reduce airborne droplets, not eliminate them. But the job is to reduce the risk of spread, not eliminate it.

Americans are too stubborn and possibly stupid to listen to good advice from medical professionals. Keep in mind this is coming from an American. Do you think the mayo clinic has some evil plot against us?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...navirus-mask/art-20485449

Don't lose sight of the goal with the mask: reduce person to person spread through a reduction in airborne droplets. Many Asian countries have done much better with Covid, and one reason could be that they listen to good advice given to them, and they generally are more socially minded. Look at Japan, for example, when they are sick even pre-covid they wear a mask.

Please don't take anything I say as a matter of fact. Do your own research that isn't politically motivated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2020, 18:59:22

The mask is not to prevent you from catching the virus, it is to reduce the spread from person to person by reducing the droplets that get into the air. A proper mask will reduce airborne droplets, not eliminate them. But the job is to reduce the risk of spread, not eliminate it.

Americans are too stubborn and possibly stupid to listen to good advice from medical professionals. Keep in mind this is coming from an American. Do you think the mayo clinic has some evil plot against us?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...navirus-mask/art-20485449

Don't lose sight of the goal with the mask: reduce person to person spread through a reduction in airborne droplets. Many Asian countries have done much better with Covid, and one reason could be that they listen to good advice given to them, and they generally are more socially minded. Look at Japan, for example, when they are sick even pre-covid they wear a mask.

Please don't take anything I say as a matter of fact. Do your own research that isn't politically motivated.

Exactly correct.
(•_•)