Verified:

Marshal Game profile

Jun 10th 2020, 14:20:08

of course game loses 5-10 players (currently) but remaining players would be much happier.

I'm sure devs can figure some rule which allows them to accomplish that.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

The_Hawk

Jun 10th 2020, 18:41:46

And spammers

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2020, 19:15:20

The game admin(s) have not motivation to do that. Suciders pay the bills too!

Marshal Game profile

Jun 10th 2020, 19:31:49

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
And spammers

there wouldn't be much players if those would be banned too.

Originally posted by Requiem:
The game admin(s) have not motivation to do that. Suciders pay the bills too!

sad but true.

tfm0m0 Game profile

Jun 10th 2020, 19:49:46

I don't want Requiem to get banned

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2020, 20:32:14

Originally posted by tfm0m0:
I don't want Requiem to get banned

Thank you for your support, you’re a great American!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2020, 23:08:42

I want them outed so we can deal with them when the time presents itself....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2020, 14:07:52

Ban them how?

They usually make new accounts to on purpose suicide people so you cant work out who they are..

Marshal Game profile

Jun 12th 2020, 14:11:18

well then they broke rules by having 2 accounts.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2020, 14:17:55

Originally posted by Bug:
Ban them how?

They usually make new accounts to on purpose suicide people so you cant work out who they are..

new accounts should have heavier anti suicide restrictions

the express gdi ones would be a good starting point

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2020, 14:19:06

also tag admins should be able to see a warning that a country has a very new account

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2020, 20:11:01

Express and Primary have the best GDI code IMO, they would be a good starting point for coding some sort of safety net.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 13th 2020, 2:39:20

I like the idea of anti-suicide restrictions.

But where do you draw the line, 1st set? second? 3 months? 3 days?

we couldnt just add restrictions by set numbers, because all of the servers have different start and finish times.

braden Game profile

Jun 13th 2020, 3:00:14

so when I run no defense and get landgrabbed late game on team server that player gets banned?
weedylar now kills after seven days into the set. anything else is a suicide and you are banned forever. lest your teammates be warned.

you make the suiciders public so everybody knows who they are and let the community deal with them. at the end of every reset every country gets the owners profile shown. or just run the same country name and make no fronts.

braden Game profile

Jun 13th 2020, 3:01:07

i'm sorry but who is the angel?

i'm sorry for the double post that was a big mistake

braden Game profile

Jun 13th 2020, 3:01:38

Originally posted by braden:
i'm sorry but who is the angel?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 13th 2020, 4:21:25

Out the suicider is the best policy I think, we the community will do the rest, seems simple, no?
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 13th 2020, 17:56:04

I disagree both with banning them and with outing them as the best solution. Outing them would perhaps prevent some of them, and would leave you with the satisfaction of getting revenge on some of them. But the real problem is the way the game scales the damages and costs of defence in favor of the suiciders. It is the driving force.

My take for the past 2+ years has been that it is too difficult a problem to fix right away, or a too big problem to fix at all in the current state, so we need a similar GDI function as the primary and express special GDI that protects tags in 1a. Either as an interim solution or as THE solution.
Because its very difficult to solve the core issue without messing with alliance warfare, solo server warfare and/or grabbing.
Its funny because its always the warriors who complain about it when its brought up, but they are the ones who are hurt by the imperfect solutions implemented in its place.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 13th 2020, 19:54:28

devs planned clan/alliance gdi but that didn't get wind under its wings since it could have restricted lging too much amongst other things (it was never clearly explained how it'd have restricted lging against non-alliance countries and non-alliance countries being able to lg countries in clan-gdi).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 13th 2020, 21:03:53

That would never have needed to happen. It was I who said clan GDI will be useless if joining it is auto-lose in terms of netting. Because they were saying "It has to cost a lot to get this kind of protection". The problem is these people didnt play the game in so long.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 7:45:31

the one i have stuck in my head was if you chose to join clanGDI then no one in your tag could grab without declaring war individually, which means it just wouldnt work at all for netgaining

https://www.earthempires.com/...pdates-48046?t=1574220338

this seems to be the most recent proposal, i had forgotten about it, which protects against stockpile and tech stealing

but not destruction of stock via GS, which can be avoided by keeping food on market

doesnt stop ab's or mass SS farming, or missiling

if you buy mmr's whatever they are set at then you can only be PS'd which combined with 10% rule would stop suiciders ramping up as fast i guess and are somewhat more resistant to missiles

it might be semi viable for techers particularly warring ones, but still probably requires running dual tags

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 7:50:14

i think it was a mehul change that made GDI cost extra for theo

thinking back on it maybe it was a deliberately pointless change since the whining against theo was pretty dumb

there used to be a cost to GDI of a flat 10% less land grabbed maybe?

or maybe it meant you couldnt use the aggresive grab option which got you 2% more land or something

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 14:50:32

What I would like to know is why can it not be more like the Primary updated GDI rules?

Surly that could be modified to fit Alliance and not cause such issues?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 14th 2020, 17:12:22

The primary/express GDI rules were implemented because they were essential to make playing for rank in any way meaningful. In express you can sometimes forget GDI and 9 times out of 10 you get some guy you never even looked at unloading missiles and ABs on you.

The price for GDI in express and primary is not in any way "fair" and it was never meant to be. It's an overpowered feature to counter another overpowered feature; asymetric warfare/suiciding/griefing or whatever you wanna call it. It has been fine like that for years.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 19:57:18

But it works, because as long as you're in GDI and don't break it, you are safe from special attacks.
(•_•)

The_Hawk

Jun 14th 2020, 21:11:16

Could we get that for other servers though gerd? Seems like a legit way to stop most suiciders.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 21:37:57

Certainly could but developer(s) have been hesitant to implement such a feature in 1A or FFA (suciders are more of an issue 1A IMO-- the whole one country thing).

People seem adamant to retain the ability to blind side other alliances even though the only wars that happen now are arranged wars.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 14th 2020, 22:24:04

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
Could we get that for other servers though gerd? Seems like a legit way to stop most suiciders.

I've been asking for it for 2 years. First QZ wanted to do it but there was backlash on the developers board, from two players mainly.

After that, Pang brought it up a year ago again and he was looking to do it, pretty much SoF were against it because they saw it as something from LaF for LaF, which upset them because they had decided to war us perpetually then(they backed down after two sets tho), and some others were against it as well mainly saying that blindsides and suiciders are an important part of EE. I'd agree with them about the blindsides 15 years ago, now they basically don't happen except for the annual blindside on LaF.

Chevs

Jun 16th 2020, 16:19:24

I’m down with fighting OP with OP

There needs to be more decision making and trade offs in the game to make anything meaningful imo , even war tags are seeing a lot of people wanting to net now
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m