Verified:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2020, 13:04:35

Apparently, they're working on a new type of vaccine, that can be stirred into a drink, rather than given by a shot.

They're calling it CovFeFe.

Let's the conspiracies begin!
Z is #1

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2020, 15:58:34

LOL

I'll drink to that 🥃
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 13th 2020, 16:23:16

Don't take the vaccine! It is the lizard people trying to inject lizard DNA into everyone. If you all take it the lizards win.

Don't be so naive people! Eat your neighbors!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2020, 17:39:04

Originally posted by Servant:
Apparently, they're working on a new type of vaccine, that can be stirred into a drink, rather than given by a shot.

They're calling it CovFeFe.

Let's the conspiracies begin!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA That's cash there. LOL Very very funny Thanks Servant, I needed that. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2020, 20:05:53

CovFeFe is patented by LaFter inc. Join LaF today at https://apply.lafamiglia-ee.eu for "free" vaccine.
Banks will pour you a big Crown Royal that is required for the vaccine to work effectively.

Requirements of applicant:
1. Picture of your feet with the name Galleri written on them.
2. Double shots of Crown Royal if you also provide fluff pix with the name ZEN written on it.
3. If you are female we also accept nudes but There Are No Girls on the Internet just men so...

Don of LaF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2020, 20:44:35

What if you just identify as a female?

braden Game profile

May 13th 2020, 21:09:35

two shots of crown?
what about the next fifteen?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 13th 2020, 21:35:33

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
CovFeFe is patented by LaFter inc. Join LaF today at https://apply.lafamiglia-ee.eu for "free" vaccine.
Banks will pour you a big Crown Royal that is required for the vaccine to work effectively.

2. Double shots of Crown Royal if you also provide fluff pix with the name ZEN written on it.
3. If you are female we also accept nudes but There Are No Girls on the Internet just men so...

^^One of the lizard people

This is obviously a trap. Eat your neighbors!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2020, 21:45:09

Originally posted by Requiem:

combine 2 and 3.

Originally posted by braden:
two shots of crown?

You would have to come to an agreement with Banks for that.
Don of LaF

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 13:38:01

combine 2 and 3.

Originally posted by braden:
two shots of crown?

You would have to come to an agreement with Banks for that.

If you can turn Marshal into a top 10 player.. I'll give you the other 15 shots you are asking for

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 13:47:45

When the Vaccine for COVID-19 comes out I want Gerdler and Gains to take it first. Then I will take it after them! As leader of the lizard people I want to see if it works first.... Errr I mean.... *runs away*

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 15:26:58

When the Vaccine for COVID-19 comes out I want Gerdler and Gains to take it first. Then I will take it after them! As leader of the lizard people I want to see if it works first.... Errr I mean.... *runs away*

This!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Ruthie

May 14th 2020, 16:55:37

CovFeFe has been proven to be mind altering kool-aid
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 17:02:24

The body craves it.

ebert00 Game profile

May 15th 2020, 13:42:23

Brando it's got electrolytes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2020, 13:47:30

It's what the plants crave.
(•_•)

Steeps Game profile

May 16th 2020, 16:45:03

CV19 vaccine causes autism. Want to get that out there before antivaxxers do.

87Fresh Game profile

May 16th 2020, 18:26:24

This thread is why nobody new joins the game and why fringe players quit

farmer Game profile

May 18th 2020, 0:32:27

never been a vac for corona virus in people or livestock. If they have one for this i would think the common cold is next.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 18th 2020, 1:01:07

The common cold is caused by something like 200-400 viruses. Wouldn't be impossible to get a vaccine that renders one immune to a portion of them for a short time. Tho it would be quite a lot of work for a slight reduction in risk of colds for a short time.

farmer Game profile

May 18th 2020, 1:59:39

i am pretty skeptical they will get a vac any time soon or at all. the corona virus mutates like all viruses do so getting a vaccine that works every year will be like the flu vaccine pretty sketchy at best. Corona virus effects livestock and they have never had a vaccine for any of them.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 18th 2020, 11:19:56

In fact they already have at least a dozen, probably several dozen different vaccines laying around in freezers in labs globally, that work and grant immunity in humans to SARS-CoV-2, the race is on about being the first to prove their vaccine is safe enough to outweigh the costs of giving it on a population basis at least to risk groups. But there are already functional vaccines, so no need to doubt that. :)

Bovine coronaviruses Im sure costs billions a year globally. This virus costs trillions a month.

Difference is that you can easily throw more money towards a vaccine to SARS-CoV-2 than the US and Soviet union spent both on acquiring nuclear weapons and landing/trying to land on the moon, put together, inflation adjusted.

You might not understand this fully because you probably have not worked as a scientist but science has mostly always been stifled by not having open access to journals, by funding issues that force scientists to spend a significant portion of his/her time on securing research grants, by the need to hide results and intentions of what to study in order to be first to publish. What you are seeing now is a car that has been driven with the breaks on and the driver suddenly took his foot off the break pedal. That push of the break pedal is a systemic issue imposed largely by politics and traditions but has now been removed very quickly.
I used to need a university or company login to see published papers in medical scientific journals(some of which I couldn't reach even then), either that or I'd have to pay upwards of several hundred dollars to read it. Now I can, from my phone or home computer, without logging in anywhere, subscribing anywhere or paying anything, see 99.9% of all finished papers, plus many unfinished and even planned studies that are listed so that those who research in these fields can choose to build on them or find another subject to study instead of working in parallell to solve the same problems like scientists are used to.
The review process is more open now as well, leading to faster reviewing and probably better science.

Some people in the medical field expressed it as "we are sciencing the fluff out of this virus".

When it comes to mutations, coronaviruses dont actually mutate very fast, reason being that they are rather complex and with many moving parts that all have to work rather optimally. This virus has been around for quite some months now and the mutations that occurred so far are all small enough not to change the way immunity works against them, ie getting immunity from one variation, either by being infected and recovered from it or by being vaccinated, will grant immunity to all current variants in circulation. Not only that but last week studies on T-cells in recovered AND non-exposed subjects (30-60% of non-exposed subjects) showed reactivity towards SARS-CoV-2 which for the current discussion means that some virus that broad populations have been affected by in the past has given us some kind of cross-immunity towards this current one:

https://www.sciencemag.org/...e-well-long-term-immunity
https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(20)30610-3
https://www.medrxiv.org/...101/2020.04.17.20061440v1

What virus gave this? I'd guess it's one of the 4 known human coronaviruses that give us colds, and they are vastly different than SARS-CoV-2, therefore it is very unlikely that mutations in the short term will create any reinfection or vaccine efficacy issues whatsoever.

Edited By: Gerdler on May 18th 2020, 11:27:19

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 18th 2020, 11:22:04

That said, it is never a bad idea to kill and barbeque your neighbors, before eating them. Just in case, you know.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2020, 12:45:27

I hope you’re right Gerdler because this, seemingly weak but contagious, virus is throwing my country for a loop.

BROmanceNZ

May 18th 2020, 12:51:22

What if I don’t have enough length to fit ZEN’s whole name? Asking for a friend.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 18th 2020, 13:34:16

I hope you’re right Gerdler because this, seemingly weak but contagious, virus is throwing my country for a loop.

Well, on the one hand the Trump administration has issued some very stringent guidelines for when and how to open up the country from the lockdowns in safe steps called "Opening Up America Again":

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

Trump himself was part of unveiling them. Maybe they are perfect beautiful guidelines, maybe they are overly cautious, maybe they are just plain horrible. We can't know that for sure. What we also dont know is where Trump stands on these official guidelines which he presented and that are still on whitehouse.gov. He criticizes the governors who follow it, while cheering on the states that open up faster than his own guide prescribes(by his guidelines only 3-4 states should have started opening up by now).

My personal belief is that the lockdowns have been too stringent and lasted too long, and I'm glad my country didn't go down that route. But having a cooherent message that the people can get behind is even more important both in this crisis and for the future. It is also important for business owners to know what lays ahead and for the general public to remain calm and act responsibly in accordance with the guidelines. This is lacking in the US, and that is why you are more worried about this than I am. Around 90% of the people who die are in risk groups. I am not in a risk group so my life as well as my job, my home, my food, my tap water, my electricity and my internet connection are all safe.
Meanwhile, in 'the home of the brave' you are all scared, anxious and some have already started propagating cannibalism as a means to survive a potential food crisis (which obviously won't happen because of covid-19 btw).

BROmanceNZ

May 18th 2020, 15:49:35

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Well, on the one hand the Trump administration has issued some very stringent guidelines for when and how to open up the country from the lockdowns in safe steps called "Opening Up America Again":

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

Trump himself was part of unveiling them. Maybe they are perfect beautiful guidelines, maybe they are overly cautious, maybe they are just plain horrible. We can't know that for sure. What we also dont know is where Trump stands on these official guidelines which he presented and that are still on whitehouse.gov. He criticizes the governors who follow it, while cheering on the states that open up faster than his own guide prescribes(by his guidelines only 3-4 states should have started opening up by now).

My personal belief is that the lockdowns have been too stringent and lasted too long, and I'm glad my country didn't go down that route. But having a cooherent message that the people can get behind is even more important both in this crisis and for the future. It is also important for business owners to know what lays ahead and for the general public to remain calm and act responsibly in accordance with the guidelines. This is lacking in the US, and that is why you are more worried about this than I am. Around 90% of the people who die are in risk groups. I am not in a risk group so my life as well as my job, my home, my food, my tap water, my electricity and my internet connection are all safe.
Meanwhile, in 'the home of the brave' you are all scared, anxious and some have already started propagating cannibalism as a means to survive a potential food crisis (which obviously won't happen because of covid-19 btw).

Are you in Sweden? If so, I’m just wondering what the local attitude to the upswing in cases and deaths has been publicly?

In New Zealand, we’ve kept deaths to less than 50 but we’ve also had super stringent lockdown measures for longer than most. Up until the upswing Sweden saw, the two countries were globally praised for their low confirmed cases and deaths using two different approaches. With more than 3,000 deaths, Sweden still looks to be praised by the rest of the world but more so now for the balance it has struck between saving peoples’ lives and not bring their economy to a complete halt. New Zealand’s example now looks to be a little heavy handed and there are concerns for the economy given how “hard and fast” the lockdown here happened.

In both examples, consistent and coherent messaging has been key for ensuring both public calm and compliance with public health recommendations. I’m just wondering now what Swedish people think following the spike in cases.

The_Hawk

May 18th 2020, 15:57:52

Grant writing is a pain. We have to go through it to secure funds every year for our departments. There is a lot of waste involved with it like any government agency. No idea why we need as many centrifuges and qpcr equipment when we barely have room in our buildings but backups are nice.

I hate having to track down a free research article as most of the entomology articles are not free. I do have access to two different college databases so it is usually waiting on the request to be filled.

Would help if most articles were free.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 18th 2020, 16:40:51

Originally posted by BROmanceNZ:

text

Are you in Sweden? If so, I’m just wondering what the local attitude to the upswing in cases and deaths has been publicly?

In New Zealand, we’ve kept deaths to less than 50 but we’ve also had super stringent lockdown measures for longer than most. Up until the upswing Sweden saw, the two countries were globally praised for their low confirmed cases and deaths using two different approaches. With more than 3,000 deaths, Sweden still looks to be praised by the rest of the world but more so now for the balance it has struck between saving peoples’ lives and not bring their economy to a complete halt. New Zealand’s example now looks to be a little heavy handed and there are concerns for the economy given how “hard and fast” the lockdown here happened.

In both examples, consistent and coherent messaging has been key for ensuring both public calm and compliance with public health recommendations. I’m just wondering now what Swedish people think following the spike in cases.

In general people are happy about the recommendations and more or less everyone has become more compliant with them according to polls taken weekly. The high fatalities so far is explained by two reasons:
1. We have had more infected people early than most countries around us who went through strict lockdowns, which is by design. Most of those countries will have those infections just at a later time.
2. We sadly got a lot of spread in nursing homes early on in Stockholm(mostly) which is very much a failiure, not of strategy but of execution. I think everyone agrees this is a failiure and the main point of contention is how this is explained, what should have been done and what has to be done to fix this. This is not unique for Sweden tho, same thing happened in italy, spain, belgium, france, UK, USA and more. Most prevailing theory is that we have cut costs for so many years and the staff has limited education, gear, worker rights and time to carry out their jobs safely (political decisions).

Everyone is looking at how to open up their countries now, as well they should. In some places that will lead to more infections and more deaths. Possibly the spread is mitigated effectively by summer?

Either way what I think is that those countries that managed to stop the spread either had climate, luck or better preparation on their side, and its not sure that the comparison will look the same a year from now when the pandemic probably is more or less over. We certainly were not prepared and PPE situation, testing, certain medicines etc have all been insufficient at times. While our lack of a stockpile of PPE, medicines other materials is something we all agree is unsatisfying its not part of our response to this pandemic, those are political decisions made over the past 3 decades that put us in a really bad starting position.

So to put it another way most of us agree with the recommendations and that we didn't do a lockdown but are quite discontent with our lack of readiness and the nursing homes got so much disease spread even tho it was said long before the first deaths that it was a priority to protect the elderly.
What makes Sweden unique is that politicians didn't make the strategy, and in fact 8 out of 8 parties in our parliament agree with the strategy we are taking, as does the people. But it is non-political government employees that make the decisions both strategically and day-to-day.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 18th 2020, 17:09:10

I hate Crown Royal. Change the LaF policy now.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

brujodale Game profile

May 18th 2020, 17:46:59

my sardine pies have proven to be effective in preventing getting this virus from others. It seems the gas produced from these pies make people keep a distance of 25 feet.
they work better than my face mask I made out of a pair of underwear. I dyed the front yellow, and rubbed dirt on the back part. no one gets near me, I may mass produce them.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2020, 17:49:40

Originally posted by galleri:
I hate Crown Royal. Change the LaF policy now.

I'm with you!, Legalize likker!
(•_•)

BROmanceNZ

May 19th 2020, 3:41:47

What makes Sweden unique is that politicians didn't make the strategy, and in fact 8 out of 8 parties in our parliament agree with the strategy we are taking, as does the people. But it is non-political government employees that make the decisions both strategically and day-to-day.

Ah, thanks. That's understandable. It's productive that the criticism in Sweden is directed at things that can be solved; readiness and preparedness. Not at things like who's political party is better etc. I think NZ is starting to fall into our Left v Right game over whether our response was adequate and our economic pain appropriate. Some would go as far as to say that we could probably have a few more deaths in order to ensure that the economy opens up sooner.

Non-political appointments in government are really key. Having your political parties and what sounds like your whole society on the same page as far as how you approach containment/control of the virus is also a huge plus.

MILORD Game profile

May 19th 2020, 6:04:19

The first wave of the virus that passed around the world was a production show. Those who died from old age or from serious illnesses were diagnosed with caronovirus.
The media lied, authorities and politicians intimidated. All this was necessary for people to agree on vaccination.

Reducing the population through a virus that is transmitted by airborne droplets would be dangerous for its creators and their loved ones. Another thing is to get people to vaccinate and infect their viruses with incubation periods of 2 months. Make the infection point, choosing the sick and the old.

The authorities will have a reason to detain and isolate any of us. Even if we do not cough, as many are already diagnosed with an asymptomatic virus. You must agree that it is very convenient to remove both a single person and recognize the crowd of demonstrators as the focus of the virus.

The post-industrial world is waiting for a reduction, and then rule changes. The lists will include not only the sick and the lame, but also those who defy suggestion and are independent.

The most important misconception that the virus was invented in order to earn money !!!
Those who rule this world already have money and manual presidents. They need something else....

Edited By: MILORD on May 19th 2020, 6:43:37
See Original Post
born in the USSR

oats Game profile

May 20th 2020, 1:15:50

dios mio

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2020, 7:00:18

In going to go ahead and put on a tinfoil hat..
(•_•)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2020, 14:59:05

for people talking about article paywalls

even if you dont want to fly the skull and crossbones

most scientists would love to get a personal email requesting their papers, and they are allowed to email them to anyone they want

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2020, 22:32:14

This argument is simple. Firstly, FOLLOW THE MONEY! You know that the FDA and the NIH are planning to make a killing with this stuff. They will hold the copyrights and patents on it, thus, they get paid.

Later on, we'll all find out that they fluffed us over, but, that'll provide employment for their favorite kind of people for a good long time. The fluffING Lawyers.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2020, 1:31:10

In fact they already have at least a dozen, probably several dozen different vaccines laying around in freezers in labs globally, that work and grant immunity in humans to SARS-CoV-2, the race is on about being the first to prove their vaccine is safe enough to outweigh the costs of giving it on a population basis at least to risk groups. But there are already functional vaccines, so no need to doubt that. :)

Bovine coronaviruses Im sure costs billions a year globally. This virus costs trillions a month.

Difference is that you can easily throw more money towards a vaccine to SARS-CoV-2 than the US and Soviet union spent both on acquiring nuclear weapons and landing/trying to land on the moon, put together, inflation adjusted.

You might not understand this fully because you probably have not worked as a scientist but science has mostly always been stifled by not having open access to journals, by funding issues that force scientists to spend a significant portion of his/her time on securing research grants, by the need to hide results and intentions of what to study in order to be first to publish. What you are seeing now is a car that has been driven with the breaks on and the driver suddenly took his foot off the break pedal. That push of the break pedal is a systemic issue imposed largely by politics and traditions but has now been removed very quickly.
I used to need a university or company login to see published papers in medical scientific journals(some of which I couldn't reach even then), either that or I'd have to pay upwards of several hundred dollars to read it. Now I can, from my phone or home computer, without logging in anywhere, subscribing anywhere or paying anything, see 99.9% of all finished papers, plus many unfinished and even planned studies that are listed so that those who research in these fields can choose to build on them or find another subject to study instead of working in parallell to solve the same problems like scientists are used to.
The review process is more open now as well, leading to faster reviewing and probably better science.

Some people in the medical field expressed it as "we are sciencing the fluff out of this virus".

When it comes to mutations, coronaviruses dont actually mutate very fast, reason being that they are rather complex and with many moving parts that all have to work rather optimally. This virus has been around for quite some months now and the mutations that occurred so far are all small enough not to change the way immunity works against them, ie getting immunity from one variation, either by being infected and recovered from it or by being vaccinated, will grant immunity to all current variants in circulation. Not only that but last week studies on T-cells in recovered AND non-exposed subjects (30-60% of non-exposed subjects) showed reactivity towards SARS-CoV-2 which for the current discussion means that some virus that broad populations have been affected by in the past has given us some kind of cross-immunity towards this current one:

https://www.sciencemag.org/...e-well-long-term-immunity
https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(20)30610-3
https://www.medrxiv.org/...101/2020.04.17.20061440v1

What virus gave this? I'd guess it's one of the 4 known human coronaviruses that give us colds, and they are vastly different than SARS-CoV-2, therefore it is very unlikely that mutations in the short term will create any reinfection or vaccine efficacy issues whatsoever.

I finally got around to reading this post, fascinating!, Thanks for sharing this information, Gerd :-)
(•_•)