Verified:

Raging Budda Game profile

May 13th 2020, 21:55:22

I know of the existing rule of not allowing game mods/admins not being allowed police/moderate in servers they playing in. Given that, I puprose this rule be extended to modearting fourms as well. Sometimes inter-clan discurssions come up on the pubic forum and "maybe" a biased fourm moderater might come across a conflict of interest. So best to minimize the chance of that happeneing.
Your base is mine!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 13th 2020, 23:15:59

Afaik, board mods (who are often also game mods on some server, but not always) are all telling each others about the posts/threads/posters they modify/move/delete/ban etc and so there is already built in safeguards against those types of biases.

If someone does something questionable all the others will see.

I have had some issues with board modding in the past but I don't think they are related at all to a certain mod.

Anyway I think its better to have a discussion with either the mod in question or other board mods about the issue if its a specific issue. Theres generally a mod or two online in the #moderators channel on discord and its always best to clear things up in a real time discussion than a general post like this.

Tho, in general I think this is not a large enough problem that it needs to be attacked in a way that either forces mods to play fewer servers or make moderation slower and less efficient on the boards.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 1:29:39

Confirmed, Prime and RB don't see eye to eye....

Oops, did I say that out loud?

/me runs
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

The_Hawk

May 14th 2020, 2:13:38

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Confirmed, Prime and RB don't see eye to eye....

Oops, did I say that out loud?

/me runs

Well one is a soulless ginger and the other raises chickens.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

braden Game profile

May 14th 2020, 3:42:25

they're both native American?

(oh.. he meant red haired..)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 18:12:29

I support that.

+1

Only issue is lack of people to do the job if they quit because they cannot play a server they want to.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 14th 2020, 20:43:27

Is this because I moved your post the other day? Lol
I don't play FFA and I am a game mod there now. Been for the last monthish.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2020, 22:19:39

Ok I'm sure the admin/Mod team are kind of sick of saying this.

But I'll say it again for good measure. Prime is Mod boss, he is the only alliance mod. He doesn't moderate FFA where he plays, he also stays away from ffat usually. SOMETIMES he enters into conversations or reinstations if it is needed and the other mods disagree.

And Gal moved the thread. so many of those off topic threads get moved, its annoying and I don't agree with it also. otherwise FFAT and AT would just be one off posts about how players are idiots or some such..

So can we just move past this for now?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 15th 2020, 1:09:42

Originally posted by Bug:
Ok I'm sure the admin/Mod team are kind of sick of saying this.

But I'll say it again for good measure. Prime is Mod boss, he is the only alliance mod. He doesn't moderate FFA where he plays, he also stays away from ffat usually. SOMETIMES he enters into conversations or reinstations if it is needed and the other mods disagree.

And Gal moved the thread. so many of those off topic threads get moved, its annoying and I don't agree with it also. otherwise FFAT and AT would just be one off posts about how players are idiots or some such..

So can we just move past this for now?

I moved it to be funny ;) Cause you know.... mods can be silly too :P
And I discussed it with you RB in a pm. Well, I didn't own up to moving it at the time. I just told you Prime was not the mover.

P.S. I will back what Bug said. I can see who does sweeps. And currently, it has only been me doing them for a while.

Edited By: galleri on May 15th 2020, 1:11:50

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

braden Game profile

May 15th 2020, 1:31:43

"SOMETIMES he enters into conversations or reinstations if it is needed and the other mods disagree."

I hope you meant if the rest of mods can't agree.

you do what prime tells you to do?

can mods be silly, too, though? should they not be the right hand of qz and pang and only act or speak as their trustees and if galleri tells me fluff isn't allowed and I get banned is she just joshing?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 15th 2020, 1:42:56

Originally posted by braden:
"SOMETIMES he enters into conversations or reinstations if it is needed and the other mods disagree."

I hope you meant if the rest of mods can't agree.

you do what prime tells you to do?

can mods be silly, too, though? should they not be the right hand of qz and pang and only act or speak as their trustees and if galleri tells me fluff isn't allowed and I get banned is she just joshing?

If you want a serious jerk face mod, then a serious jerkface mod you will get. Let me know if that is how you want things. I am willing to conform. Somehow though martian was able to joke around no issues. (hmm)
I think we are adult enough to know when I am joshing or not. But don't forget who leaves up all your spam and rallied for you to get unbanned Braden :D ;)
RB's post was only moved to General Talk. He wasn't banned by me nor was he scolded.
Sometimes I think you all like to try to push the limits to see how far you can get and then question it. (insert the arms in the air with the idk emoji)

P.S. My response might be a bit abrasive, or overreacting. I know. But ya know...female stuffs, so just take it as a normal talk from a girl.

Edited By: galleri on May 15th 2020, 2:09:53

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2020, 4:30:53

yeah sorry i was tired..

So Prime can sometimes weigh in when needed if the other moderators aren't able to come to an agreement of what is needed.

As are Pang and QZ called upon when needed.