Verified:

bananacluts Game profile

Apr 9th 2020, 4:12:21

can coffee shops ever go back to lineups and filled cafe of readers, writers, appointments and study spaces? will food courts ever reopen after social distancing is lifted? busses and trains seating arrangements put riders within inches and in most large cities the transportation system is frequently busy having standing passengers almost touching each other. some of the problems in the last 30 years include groping on the subway, thefts by pickpocketers, vandalism, contamination, pushing to name a few. unacceptable before the coronavirus became a crisis, will this risk behavior be possible after these measures go away?

business will never return to a new normal. not in the way normal was in the 1990s and 2000s. freedom to spit, chew and swallow in front of the public, buying hot dogs at the stadium and throwing popcorn should not happen again. ketchup and mustard out all day on somebody's windowsill being shared with hundreds of people at one point was part of my lunch on a regular day and i regret that it may never be allowed again. saurkrout, corn, onion and mushrooms are favourites of mine. in fact there were lineups to order italian, polish or german dogs.

it appears that getting sick is happening more easily than in the past. whether it is the air, quality of water, pollution, lack of sunlight, there are things we have to change to get better. there are things we have to give up. if it's sports, movie theatres, airplanes that's what it's got to be. we're going to hide in a while like Jonah when the trees grow back the air is breathable and we can go back to Ninevah again.

Edited By: bananacluts on Apr 9th 2020, 4:20:07
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 9th 2020, 22:44:15

why are you so worried about food? if some sick person spits on your food and you eat it your stomach kills the virus. Its a problem if you inhale your mustard. To that I say; Wait at least a few months with that practice.

I think everything will be back to normal at least in summer 2021, as treatment protocols are better and herd immunity is almost built up in many places. The risk groups might still have to be careful, but likely we will know much better just who they are by then.
Mid/Late summer 2020 will probably be decently normal in some regions/countries

When it comes to the lockdowns everyone will be forced to start open up very soon due to the economy. Many of the measures are ineffective and costly, others are effective and costly, some are effective and burdensome.
If logic prevails the first thing that happens is that schools reopen, since kids are disproportionatly safer from this virus and if the current evidence is to be trusted are less likely to spread the disease.
My hunch is that just like the lockdowns were all started with ineffective school closures, the schools will stay closed the longest, not because its an effective measure but because its cheap and popular. :/

Also those idiotic measures that force people to stay indoors instead of going out for a walk in the sun on an empty beach or into the woods, they will hopefully end sooner rather than later. There's less risk to contract or spread the virus outdoors with no one around you than indoors with perhaps your family around you. Not only that but vitamin d deficiency is very prevalent in the northern hemisphere this time of year and these lockdown prolong that state and exacerbate it. Outdoors=good.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2020, 23:07:31

Yup, you need that vitamin D, I was prescribed heavy doses due to mine being fluff couple months ago, I even started feeling more energetic after the second dose, vitamin D is very important for your immune system!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

braden Game profile

Apr 10th 2020, 13:09:22

but if you are in the north and do have shades drawn cocaine is a decent substitute for vitamin d

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 10th 2020, 20:43:15

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Yup, you need that vitamin D, I was prescribed heavy doses due to mine being fluff couple months ago, I even started feeling more energetic after the second dose, vitamin D is very important for your immune system!

LOL you are one of those people who pretend you 'feel' when a micronutrient is low. I am so sceptical of all that. I have heard the same thing about Zink, vitamin C etc.
I think no one can feel any of that and what you actually feel is the placebo effect. Now ofc upping your vitamin D levels from deficient levels to normal levels is going to do good things with your body, but they happen so slow that no one can feel the difference.
I just looked at the epidemiological science back a few years ago and assuming I'm 'normal' I need vitamin d supplementation in the winter/spring based on how north i live.

Anyway, I'm glad to have seen mountain bikers, trail runners and hikers when I was out all day today. Dealing with the pandemic in style here in Sweden.

braden Game profile

Apr 10th 2020, 23:37:29

drink nine litres of rye in five days and have a glass of orange juice on the sixth day and tell me you don't feel like a king.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2020, 23:39:06

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

LOL you are one of those people who pretend you 'feel' when a micronutrient is low. I am so sceptical of all that. I have heard the same thing about Zink, vitamin C etc.
I think no one can feel any of that and what you actually feel is the placebo effect. Now ofc upping your vitamin D levels from deficient levels to normal levels is going to do good things with your body, but they happen so slow that no one can feel the difference.
I just looked at the epidemiological science back a few years ago and assuming I'm 'normal' I need vitamin d supplementation in the winter/spring based on how north i live.

Anyway, I'm glad to have seen mountain bikers, trail runners and hikers when I was out all day today. Dealing with the pandemic in style here in Sweden.

Mine was so low it alarmed my doctor more so than my extremely high iron level, the prescription is for 50,000 units per dose and taken once a week for 3 months, he even told me I wasn't going to feel any effect until after the second dose, and the effects as he stated would be and was more energy and less sleepiness.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Apr 11th 2020, 1:48:55

all I read is drug mule

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2020, 2:06:58

(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 11th 2020, 2:09:21

I take 4k IU a day now. I would take more like 2k IU a day all winter but I couldnt find the oil drops I use normally at my regular store so I had to buy some fluffty tablets and I took more like 500 IU all winter which I don't think is enough.

But for this pandemic I decided to order my regular drops online instead and refill my stores for a while. I notice nothing. But ofc its only 28k IU/week.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2020, 3:26:08

I take 4k IU a day now. I would take more like 2k IU a day all winter but I couldnt find the oil drops I use normally at my regular store so I had to buy some fluffty tablets and I took more like 500 IU all winter which I don't think is enough.

But for this pandemic I decided to order my regular drops online instead and refill my stores for a while. I notice nothing. But ofc its only 28k IU/week.

Yeah I learned it is important to take some for us living in less sunny climate, so after I'm done with the last two doses I'll call my doctor and ask him what I should be taking, I was really bad, I'll post my number here when I get home in couple days, I don't remember of the top of my head, Gerd, it was bad like I said lol.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 11th 2020, 15:58:52

I'm on the lattitude of southern Alaska so even tho I'm white I certainly need supplements in the winter half.

braden Game profile

Apr 11th 2020, 17:31:06

racist.

braden Game profile

Apr 11th 2020, 17:32:18

I'm white

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 11th 2020, 19:47:20

How is that racist? Darker skin means more sunlight is needed for the same vitamin D production. This is a well known fact. Facts cant be racist.

I'm good at producing vitamin D and malignant melanoma from sunlight. I'm also good at camoflaging myslef in a ski slope.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2020, 1:09:37

Sounds like you're whiter than me, and I'm pretty white LOL
(•_•)