Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2020, 21:00:18

Originally posted by sinistril:
And who even wants to war if it's going to be a boring set war? That's why I almost never play this game anymore. Set wars are the game killer. I'd rather war for a few sets to give my friends a year of peaceful netting with no one in their right mind wanting to fluff with them. Set wars are lame. Really, why would we want that? Aside from macdaddy and aphrodite, no one on this server is 13

Honestly i think id have better luck having fun in a set war on ffa given my experience, especially in the sets following it (especially if it avoids disrespectful and dishonorable stuff like hiding solo/tag jumping/proxy warfare). 1a has about 4 set wars a year and 2 non-set...sometimes 3 and 3 but theres usually not arranged wars for several straight sets. I prefer the latter but keep the culture alive with the former. The set wars usually make people feel comfortable warring on the server knowing people have short memories. So wars like PS/Evo or Sof/Laf can happen and then both tags can continue to exist without grief when they're over.

That said, i don't think set wars will revive the culture like a good ethics war with a loser that licks his wounds and gets recruiting again the next set. But here on ffa, that means a whole year of grief from solos and a buncha bullfluff until you quit.

Since neither scenario results in a positive fun time for LoC, we're squeezed out. And now we just reminisce.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 20th 2020, 21:07:48
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit