Verified:

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2010, 18:45:12

Positives:
At least this looks like a genuine dispute instead of RAGE declaring on LCN because their netting set was not going well

Negatives:
Having done FA with RAGE before, I fully understand why an LCN member would suicide them based on their initial reaction to the incident - if your member suicides someone else, you have to deal with it and fast instead of telling the other clan to kill the country and taking your time with reps. The blame for this war is probably 90% with RAGE.

Ivan Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 19:26:38

Smikke perhaps your problem with doing FA isnt everyone elses but your own?

trumper Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 19:48:55

Note that Assassin also did deny you were his gay lover, DL. Therefore it must be.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 28th 2010, 20:41:59

Originally posted by ZIP:
so pang do you still think it was my/marshal's fa work that is so bad ?

Comparing Rage and Ely's FA practices is like comparing outhouses.... both are fluffty, but at times one is more full of fluff than the other.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2010, 21:26:10

Originally posted by Ivan:

Smikke perhaps your problem with doing FA isnt everyone elses but your own?
Don't you have a buyout to organize?

Purposeful1 Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 21:53:31

lol @ slagpit

and good job trying to hijack the thread, Thomas.
Purposeful1

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 28th 2010, 21:53:32

contact me in private for any boxcar related issues, this forum is not the venue for it.

edit:

I deleted all the crap from this thread posted by Collab

contact me in private and if you want to msg me on IRC, make sure you're still around when I attempt to respond.

Edited By: Pang on Nov 28th 2010, 22:25:14
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

SpeedWood Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 22:13:48

tread hijacking ftw.

Spaced Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 22:27:15

I like how noone tore apart my post. Why can i never be trolled...

AxAlar Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 22:30:38

Originally posted by Spaced:
And If you want to claim that this will lead to a grudge war? Remember the last set of Earth? The whole everyone broke pacts ad Hit everyone? I don't believe that complicated the first set of EE.

-Its just a game guys. Some people just play it differently.

Technically, that did carry on for three more sets. Someone obviously didn't pay attention. And if you want, you can probably even extend it into a fourth set in a minor way.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Spaced Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 23:06:42

NOt for rage :P

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 2:48:05

That is LCN's choice axa.

We won't begrudge them and go after them the set after if they choose to grudge war us next set. We will welcome a good war with them.

We will expect people like yourself to call out LCN and throw the same fluff your throwing at us at them for perpetuating grudge wars if they do but. It would just prove beyond a doubt that the only thing netting clans care about is themselves, not the game. So far this set i've seen pro-active action from SOL on behalf of war clans to curb a war alliance that was seen as being out of control.

No such action has been taken by netting alliances to curb ritualistic farming of untags.

Perhaps smikke this is why clans don't take action on genuine disputes with wars anymore? because they get abused and heckled for warring instead of taking reps... It seems people have forgotten what this game is about.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 2:58:25

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
So far this set i've seen pro-active action from SOL on behalf of war clans to curb a war alliance that was seen as being out of control.

The problem is, a war alliance can war someone over something and have no issues warring them set after set. It's what they do. But for a netter to result in warring someone, they have to sign away at least two resets for it. And then they have to look over their backs for a long time, wondering if that alliance will hit them.

It's a very different situation. The netters may not like something an alliance does, but is it worth them warring, losing members and decreasing morale for the next 2+ resets? Most often that's a no, until things get out of control and all the netters have no choice anymore.

AxAlar Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 9:52:58

"No such action has been taken by netting alliances to curb ritualistic farming of untags."

Technically we did try to do that last set by dropping pacts with 90% of the server. We hoped casual grabbing between alliances could be done without hostilities getting too out of control. Instead, even RAGE threatened to war us, even though we had very very few grabs going back and forth in comparison to other alliances. Granted, things settled down once you came back from vacation, but there were quite a few people lamenting that RAGE would FS us over some LGs.

You don't want netters to grab untaggeds, but they most certainly shouldn't grab alliances either in your opinion.

If LCN had done this to you guys, you can damn bet I'd be saying the same ish to them and even more cause they're larger. Partially because of the same issues you FSing them this late has but also partially because I know you've been putting a lot of time into bringing RAGE back up from the shambles it was in a year ago. Simple differentiating fact is that you decided to make it your course to hit them instead, outlining what's probably gonna take quite a lot of presence and commitment on your part in an upcoming holiday set to keep RAGE what it has grown to be again.

Then again, deep down I think we're all looking for that one shattering event that will push us into quitting the game, maybe this is yours ;p
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

hanlong Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 10:20:37

the 7 day war? ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 10:50:51

yeah, i wasn't too happy over that Axa.

If you do a search of news this set between thefist/Na and rage we had some good grabbing exchanges without resorting to war so we do want inter-alliance grabbing.

The membership of rage at the time the incidents with Collab occured was not mature enough to the idea yet i think.

On a personal note you may be right about the game... earth2025 has done some awful things to me personally and i feel that some of us here myself included have at times been addicted to the game to an unhealthy level on par with WoW addictions in some other gamers:/

spawn Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 12:01:16

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by ZIP:
so pang do you still think it was my/marshal's fa work that is so bad ?

Comparing Rage and Ely's FA practices is like comparing outhouses.... both are fluffty, but at times one is more full of fluff than the other.

i approve this message!
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

trumper Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 14:47:22

Originally posted by Dragonlance:

On a personal note you may be right about the game... earth2025 has done some awful things to me personally and i feel that some of us here myself included have at times been addicted to the game to an unhealthy level on par with WoW addictions in some other gamers:/

Agreed on this point. It's why I only play casually. Don't have time for it. Plus playing real life politics is more complicated, but it pays.

Spaced Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 20:24:21

Why does everyone ignore me. I made a real valid point on rage's intentions.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 20:56:32

I see this has been touched on already....BUT, Dragonlance how long have you been playing lol? Nice job messing up the title:P

deepcode Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 22:02:21

I thought Earth has done very good things for me personally. Learning about politics, perspectives and of course, money management. Stuff about investments/savings/expenses and all that jazz.

Look at the concept of stocking bushels, I never had thought about money/wealth in such a way. Learned more about economics and politics from this game than I ever did in a school.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2010, 22:15:25

Sweet.

You do realize I have to attack you all in Team for this. Not because I care. But because we are BORED in Team!

Well I know you ragers pretty well and I am sure there was some thought put into it. I don't agree with warring this late in the round. I like set long wars. Should have got revenge on us next round. That would have been pretty fun.

But anywho. I was going to finish too high anyways, I didn't like it. Glad I can blow my stock on killing instead.

Kisses!

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
LCN

Detmer Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 22:16:24

WHY AREN'T YOU IN THE BATCAVE?

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2010, 22:18:31

I AM NOT AT WORK!

I sent you an ingame message. I also tried to send you a missile too. But I can't attack allies.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 22:20:38

oh yeah, I was going to send you a missile too... I was waiting for you to show up so I could cancel the pact and then make you re-add it.

Did you get the secret info I need?

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:12:38

THE TRÜT"H IS OUT THERE

we war cause Zen hit me in team!!!

p.s. if you need help hitting us in team let me know i'll help out.

wait WAHT?!?

Spaced Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:38:01

Hey who was 590?

Cause im rather impressed with his country... thats why he was target #1 got to try and wall to.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 13:20:28

#590 is in evo...
Purposeful1

SpeedWood Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 15:02:31

Spaced drunk, ignore him..

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 19:23:30

Who was #255???

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 0:31:29

That was Grimm. Should be "That is Grimm" be he got drunk and didn't wake up.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 8:50:33

He gave up a huge amount of Networth

wsly Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 18:05:10

lol this war... i managed to rebuild a bit of my country but still got killed a few hours later because of missile attacks.

It was 3:20 am in the morning when I got a phone call from America (i live in the netherlands) and the guy said my country was under attack. I was drunk like hell, just got back from a night boozing with some friends. Managed to log in via my HTC legend and started selling and rebuilding. 300m bushels were released from the market and got destroyed <--- that sucked hell, only had 90m left to buy stuff with.... blew everything on troops and turrets but didn't think of SDI. Well i was drunk wtf do you expect me to do hahaha.

PS. stop attacking me when it is in the middle of the night here in the netherlands for crying out loud you bloody americans.
Dutch idiot of LCN

Spaced Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 8:55:49

ummm were you the guy who had no spies to?

wsly Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 10:00:48

I had a few hundred thousand spies. But was forced to sell them after the attacks because my income dropped and had nothing else to sell haha.
Dutch idiot of LCN

Vinag Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 10:58:00

The last hour of the war was actually kind of fun, however highly lacking structure. LCN were just missiling everyone, we were hitting anyone we could break, but hey it was all good and LCN, I wish u the best of luck this set.

Spaced Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 20:59:03

Admit it! And it was fun! Admit it!

wsly Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 21:07:50

It was not fun :( It's never fun when you need to login at 3:20am in the morning because some bloody americans decide to attack you.

You did it in Iraq, you did it in Afghanistan (was a night attack, am i correct?), you did it on the 6th of june 1944 also a night attack with paratroopers.

I think i gonna build fluffty wall to protect me. Stop destroying my fluffty wall
Dutch idiot of LCN

Purposeful1 Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 21:59:52

Have to say, major props to #710. Jesus mary and joseph.
Purposeful1

Spaced Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 4:19:24

I blame myself for 710 not dying. And you had best be trolling.

I take credit for his "stonewalling"

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 6:34:03

Yeah #710 did a great job for us. A couple like him and it gives a HoW nightmares =P