Verified:

sinistril Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 21:37:56

Originally posted by TheLegion:
I don't know what the statute of limitations is...but..

In its prime, this game was roughly 1/3rd bots. I know this because they were mostly mine and a few friends. There were a few clans, at various times, that were entirely..umm..fake. This being one of the reasons that several of you older cats know me as different monikers.

(No worries, I'm too old for that nonsense these days.)

Have there been any thoughts to adding an element like that to this evolution? That is, having some of these bots form together and work collectively..ie devote activities towards a few countries nw, retaliatory action for hyper-aggressive bottomfeeders (extreme emphasis on hyper, there was one set rampant with suiciders due to some unnecessary tweaking).

Just a thought.

Player run bots can create storylines. Game run bots that join clans and retal once in awhile without active admins controlling their actions, which we'll never get, is just ridiculous, annoying and boring. The reason I say that is you're going to get the exact same bots we have now, which are really sub standard for how long this game has existed with bots, plus some lazy tweaks to them.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

LightBringer Game profile

Feb 2nd 2020, 8:52:33

To respond to Cerbs more simpler things, I had enough Food to run my last turn, but I got a drought, and thus food shortages caused my military to leave. Was pretty annoying.
Hello

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 12:55:28

Originally posted by LightBringer:
To respond to Cerbs more simpler things, I had enough Food to run my last turn, but I got a drought, and thus food shortages caused my military to leave. Was pretty annoying.

This is exactly what I'm saying right here. There should be an additional algorithm to prevent such things. It's the most irritating thing about the game.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 20:33:32

I've food failed on my first turn of the set the last 2 sets. It has 0 effect because i also sell my troops, but i think the game just likes to give me a food shortage on turn one just to let me know I'm its fluff. Maybe I'll keep the 100 bushels this set. Can't be risking a PCI death. *sigh*

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2020, 20:41:54

Get food production to just over 3 times as high as your consumption.

In the grand scheme of things I dont think a random food/cash shortage here and there really matters. Well it does if it cancels a mass explore too early or something like that.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 20:46:47

Yeah but if youre batching in bot bukkake era you deserve it. Lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2020, 20:49:58

Sometimes I do in tournament and team, when I play those. :)

Also its not so terrible to make the first batch now since these grabbing change. I wouldn't but a lot of people don't have the time, patience or knowledge needed to make grabbing worthwhile before that.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 21:13:50

Lots of people batch to 1900 or 3800 in ffa and it only really takes marginal amount off the end game. I get 1a is making every turn matter to win, but with the changes I'm considering just x-ing to 1900 in 1a now because I'm lazy.

sinistril Game profile

Feb 2nd 2020, 22:00:23

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Lots of people batch to 1900 or 3800 in ffa and it only really takes marginal amount off the end game. I get 1a is making every turn matter to win, but with the changes I'm considering just x-ing to 1900 in 1a now because I'm lazy.

Marginal amount? Lol
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 22:03:55

Says the guy who studies math. In your world that means the amount obtained on a formula, but to joeblows like me it means the cambridge definition and not the webster one.

marginal
adjective
UK /ˈmɑː.dʒɪ.nəl/ US /ˈmɑːr.dʒɪ.nəl/
marginal adjective (SMALL)

very small in amount or effect

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 22:03:56

"Implication semantics"

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 2nd 2020, 22:10:30
See Original Post

sinistril Game profile

Feb 2nd 2020, 23:22:49

Usually when used in my field we're talking about a derivative

But.my point was it would cut your finish potential into pieces

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2020, 4:24:38

restarting from 0 is wack.

it was my first set back, and I was in a late war. I walled a chem kill in the FS, but died anyways. I was on my phone, and ate over 230 chems I think. In less than 5 minutes.

There was no way for me to get big enough to continue the fight NW wise. And I was unwilling to take FA from clan members that had more time to fight then me.

It is partially my inactive fault, but I havnt been in this war since the FS.

I dont know if I even wanna play again. It wasnt fun.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2020, 14:01:18

shutty
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden