Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 27th 2020, 17:47:45

Figured I should save the warstats links so I could check on the progress every now and again. So I'm using AT as my notepad.

http://earthgraphs.com/...eb=sof&warreport=Show

Stats for EldersPCI/HACKS/STONES:
https://www.eestats.com/...NES&badside%5B%5D=SoF

Stats for SoF:
https://www.eestats.com/...&badside%5B%5D=STONES

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2020, 17:57:11

TTT

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 27th 2020, 18:12:37

Somehow we are seeing BRs from elders. If I had to make a guess it's because a couple SoFers were found running really low turrets for some reason, because Elders have never been fans of BRs and I should think they didn't change their minds about BRs right as restart bonuses were removed (nerfing BRs) and BRs building destruction was nerfed.

Surprised no one walled any chem rushes despite all 4 being online probably. Guess they were on mobile.

Celphi walled strongly (part CMs) so far.

Looking at individuals, SoF has the top 4 NWs in this war, 3 of whom are dicts. The countries above 40m NW are 10 SoFers, 6 of whom are dicts. Those biggies are gonna be really hard to break down, and I suppose being dicts makes CDs/Demos harder. I dont see stocks or SPALs but from an observer's perspective I feel one or two of these dicts maybe should have been considered for chem rushes.
The kills speak for Elder/Stone/Hacks but country stats (without spy ops) look to be in SoFs favor, imo. Should be close again.

Edit: please TTT this thread only when its already on top like Requiem did, it's very productive. #TouchThoseTips

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2020, 19:02:59

gl
Don of LaF

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 27th 2020, 20:10:58

Without restart bonus I expect that any close war will result in no tag kill. Which is interesting in itself, what will the tag-kill crowd look for as the win condition then?

The irony is that when the tag kill starts to really matter, it becomes irrellevant because its unachievable. :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2020, 20:27:43

Yeah. 14 days is a little short with the class of wallers these days but ordinarily wars tend to work their way out to a bit of clarity in that time regardless.

There's one war that comes to mind where like a 9 man elders fsed a 25 man stones for the Vicvixvi memorial set. Elders got enough kills to even nw out and stones got like 5 or 6 of us but then both tags were jammed up on killing the rest. With the lack of restart bonus, a war this close could see a final 3 or 4 that are largely untouchable by the rest....and that's well. Gonna be tough lol.

When i say lol i mean LOTS of lemmings

sinistril Game profile

Jan 27th 2020, 21:29:13

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Without restart bonus I expect that any close war will result in no tag kill. Which is interesting in itself, what will the tag-kill crowd look for as the win condition then?

The irony is that when the tag kill starts to really matter, it becomes irrellevant because its unachievable. :)

Depends how close wars are. I fully expect some clans will not enjoy the same success they have with restart bonus
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

mrford Game profile

Jan 27th 2020, 22:39:19

I walled a chem rush.

Could have done better, but I was on my phone. Couldn't get an SDI SO in time, and with them tiny bot batches buying it wasnt realistic.

I ran turns in batches of 5, too early, because I couldn't watch the hits come in so I had to wing it. The chems were coming fast, and my SDI falling.

I did manage to tab over to drop some land, but by then it was too late and I was down to 15 turns.

I still ate 277 though. Not bad imo.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 0:14:52

Yeah. I think all chem rush victims were in batches of 5. Us cell phone users are used to countering speed with volume batches and consider it a huge disadvantage to need at least 10 seconds to recover what a pc user can do in 5.

I honestly think a tru 100% cell user could have pushed 400 and that makes me appreciate the dynamics this set. That said celphi took 250 alongside 400 gs and shrugged it off.

No one so far is half as impressive.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 28th 2020, 0:17:07
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 0:16:45

TTT

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 0:19:52

Great job req

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 28th 2020, 0:21:29

Originally posted by Requiem:
TTT

fluffing griefer!

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 0:29:47

Who is loosing..I'll jump in
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 28th 2020, 0:38:35

Originally posted by TheLegion:
Who is loosing..I'll jump in

No Legion, that is not how we play ball here now.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 3:19:59

:-(
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 28th 2020, 20:26:38

Well this was quick...

https://imgur.com/a/vLda9s2

This is breaker supremacy, and its pretty hard to turn that around. This is why I have always said TNW is the best measure of who is winning/who won a war because it reflects who has the breaker advantage. Ofc it doesnt reflect what the govts are but different govts have different advantages.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 21:07:37

TTT

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 3:11:17

TTT

Hardy Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 3:47:07

HI DERRICK

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 5:18:25

Hi Hardy!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 5:30:22

Hi SuperFly!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 12:07:01

Gerdler:
Anyone can cash in their stock for networth. Nothing in that image represents their stock.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Chevs

Jan 29th 2020, 14:45:02

TL : DR?

1. Derrick talked fluff
2. wanted all-stars vs Elders?
3. Lost to SoF who hasnt won a war since their return (~4 sets?)

Whats next step?

4. Derrick makes excuses (I wasn't really trying!!!)

5. QQ ensues.

SoF looking great tbh just take your ass whooping like a man don't be a sore loser
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Sov Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 14:58:16

Actually SoF had a dominant war display last set alongside Elders in our win against SOL/Stones.

Originally posted by Celphi:
Gerdler:
Anyone can cash in their stock for networth. Nothing in that image represents their stock.

SoF still has higher stock. Elders/Mercs/Stones were production heavy countries. We rotated nuke targets to nerf production.

But the war is far from over and is a bit of an arm wrestle. Not even close to a winner being determined as yet.

Symbolic Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 15:08:37

Lol chevs do you always talk from your ass?

Chevs

Jan 29th 2020, 15:11:41

Originally posted by Symbolic:
Lol chevs do you always talk from your ass?

conservative estimate 98 percent of the time
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 29th 2020, 18:56:12

Originally posted by Celphi:
Gerdler:

I am using the intel available to me and everyone who is observing.

'all models are approximations. Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful.'
-George Box

Or my favourite:

'Since all models are wrong the [observer] cannot obtain a "correct" one by excessive elaboration. On the contrary following William of Occam he should seek an economical description of natural phenomena. Just as the ability to devise simple but evocative models is the signature of the great [observer] so overelaboration and overparameterization is often the mark of mediocrity.'
-Paraphrased from George Box

I think that point comes across without further comment.

That said from an observers perspective its unreasonable to assume or even suspect that the Elders side has significantly more stock, as the same drivers and limitations apply to your players/countries as they do to SoF's.
The only things that could create a significant such discrepancy would be policy decisions from either SoFs side to not kill countries with large stocks and/or Elders leaders instructing their members not to blow stocks to buy military to be safer or to be able to break bigger targets easier. I find both highly unlikely.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 29th 2020, 19:04:17

sinistril Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 19:43:32

Originally posted by Chevs:

1. Derrick talked fluff

Whats next step?

5. QQ ensues.

SoF looking great tbh just take your ass whooping like a man don't be a sore loser

We looking at the same stats?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Rouger

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 13:40:05

I feel the late set wars will be coming to an end. With the restart bonus gone wars will need to start much sooner. 12 days left and SOF 20 originals - Hacks/Stones/Elders 21 originals. Something to think about - Every kill pretty much take that player out for a while.

Edited By: Rouger on Jan 30th 2020, 13:43:11
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 16:52:34

Yeah. I also liked the idea of having a one and done restart bonus to getting rid of it totally.

But i feel at a minimum you should restart with 120(120). If you self delete can you get a full turns restart? If someone makes a fresh country midset dont they start with 120(120)? I feel like that's how it was in e2025.

Starting at 0s is like 5 days to even come oop and get FA. Takes people completely out of the war for the better part of the week and certainly needs consideration.

It's hard to remember because it was so many years ago, but I'm almost certain you used to start fresh at 120(120).

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 30th 2020, 16:59:56
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 17:49:46

TTT

tfm0m0 Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 3:56:25

TTT

Boltar Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 7:02:14

I still feel the restart bonus should have been left in tacked someone suicided. And they restart with a handful of active admins that country could be flagged a different color so the tag they hit or other tag knows who they are immediately. Or make them play 99 turns again to come oop. Or maybe a message system to all tag admins that a suicider restarted and be on the lookout.

But either way. Good luck both sides. Having friends on both sides. I'll just root for the underdog stones to pull their own weight on their side.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 13:20:27

how good is it!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Scourge Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 16:13:58

not saying I don't like nukes..

but seriously, my country can probably be seen from outer space by now, glowing bright green..

if you took all nuclear waste from all countries in the world and put it in one big pile, you'd have my country :(

249 nukes.. and counting

Chevs

Jan 31st 2020, 16:59:24

Originally posted by sinistril:

1. Derrick talked fluff

Whats next step?

5. QQ ensues.

We looking at the same stats?

huh? sorry whos winning maybe i clicked the wrong link? can you link me plz thx?
SOF Head Of Poop

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 18:11:05

1. I actually don't recall a fluff talk thread. Maybe i did tho. Im often drunk. We did war together last set tho so i think it's probably been 6 months. We'll get there tho. CLEAN SWEEP VOL 3

2. Yeah i thought itd be fun. It didn't happen. This did.

3. If we lose our first war in 13 sets that's called an anomaly. Trust me. Even imag runs into a win once in a while.

4. I'll make excuses when we are tag killed, which frankly seems unlikely. Although, credit where it is due. SoF had some really really strong builds and a ton of stock. They for sure outbuilt us. I'm a little disappointed we were so short in that department, but then again i didnt play from well before christmas until well after the new years. You know that. Hard for me to place any blame when i was laziest of all. Take nothing away from SoF tho, they had some of the most consistently good builds I've seen in a stocks war in a while, maybe ever. They built to win and it shows. But the 10 kills they've put up so far really shows off how hard it is to kill elders off, and despite being nw inferior, will claim our streak of non-losses continues.

5. Seems the only QQ is a jealous babe who wishes he was participating.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 18:56:26

TTT

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 18:59:17

Gotta give props where props are due. SoF played their strats better and have nastier countries, they also seem to have pretty good walling activity.

This war isn't over and I haven't been killed yet but so far they are doing well and should be recognized for that. If you cannot objectively the performance of both yourself and your opponents then you are not a rational person.

Adjustments will be made, the game will go on regardless of outcome :)

Good job Sov + SoF so far. It still isn't over till I die :P

tfm0m0 Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 20:51:51

There's plenty of time left and things change, and the tagkill requirement to win can be debated.

That said, it's pretty silly to say that failing to win and not losing can be attributed to the same side.

DonSean Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 14:08:24

tfm0m0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-2u5jIfjxo

A lot can be learned from Rosie Perez

Symbolic Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 14:41:41

Pew pew

Chevs

Feb 1st 2020, 17:55:03

Sinistril what stats are you looking at? You got pretty quiet bud what happened ?
SOF Head Of Poop

tfm0m0 Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 20:10:23

Originally posted by DonSean:
tfm0m0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-2u5jIfjxo

A lot can be learned from Rosie Perez

When I'm on the fence about something I think "what would Gloria do?"

sinistril Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 21:14:50

Sinistril what stats are you looking at? You got pretty quiet bud what happened ?

I didn't anticipate one side not hitting for 3 days. At the time, there were no major differences except for the fact sof had less kills, much worse walling, had lost 50+ mill more NW since the war started etc. Basically, you were praising sof for something that hadn't happened yet and got lucky

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 1st 2020, 21:36:13

No thats not it at all sinistril. If you couldnt see what was about to happen its on you. You completely missed the breaker advantage that SoF already had and was easy to spot with just looking at the NW disparity of the top countries.

An observer could not have known the stock situation or the SPAL situation but there was no indication that elders/hacks/stones had SoF beat on that to such a degree that it would counter the obvious breaker supremacy that SoF had already. So it was easy to assume SoF was in a better spot, based on a quick glance and no spy ops.

I called it less than 2 days into the war
Originally posted by Gerdler:
Well this was quick...

https://imgur.com/a/vLda9s2

This is breaker supremacy, and its pretty hard to turn that around. This is why I have always said TNW is the best measure of who is winning/who won a war because it reflects who has the breaker advantage.

Walling could have evened that out possibly, still can if everyone walls like celphi. Elders/Hacks have some of the best wallers in the game, if anyone can its them, but their task is a ardous one.

sinistril Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 21:40:38

Whatever you say lol

mrcuban Game profile

Feb 2nd 2020, 0:05:26

This thread smells of a demo / rep conversation in the USA. Some people trying to give credit to SOF and others refusing to see that it’s even possible for SOF to be credit worthy.

I’ve never known SOF to be great netters. They always had a tendency to favour warring, so the fact that there is positives out of them warring I’m not surprised.

Anyone willing to put the effort into this game will get the rewards.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2020, 1:16:29

Everyone agrees SoF are well ahead and did a good job so far, what we are disagreeing about was when that was obvious. :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 2nd 2020, 1:26:19

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2020, 2:55:48

Who cares TTT