Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 22:49:49

Just thought I'd ask and see who is thinking about it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

braden Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 22:57:51

Marshal gets to post.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 23:13:10

I agree with braden. So you ignore him and don't respond for like 500 of his stupid posts, as he interrupts discussions, makes stupid comments on forums where he has no country, denigrates women, disrespectfully misspells people's handles, answers serious questions with flippant careless incorrect responses, etc. And then I do respond maybe once in 500 times of being annoyed beacuse its so annoying, and look like I am the unreasonable person, filled with hate.

I'm not filled with hate. I just write with expression and feeling.

I resent the fact that someone is allowed to waste everyone's time with such crap. If I was a teacher and had to read Marshal's posts I would fail him. I expect a higher level of literacy and I find him to be extremely disrespectful in his posts since he makes no effort to be clear or accurate.

I particularly dislike the fact that he has no stake in the game, yet he comments on forums where we are playing and he is not, and there is no way to attack him in the game.

I think he should be banned from the forums for ongoing abuse that adds up to serious damage to the game.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 23:16:46

Originally posted by braden:
Marshal gets to post.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

braden Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 23:29:38

Edited By: braden on Jan 29th 2020, 23:32:41

braden Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 23:33:34

I messed up team and alliance I guess?

What did I do?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 23:44:12

You didn't do anything except make people laugh braden, because you are witty and funny. Unlike some.

But what do primmy and gallery have to say?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 23:46:19

Marshal gets to post.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 29th 2020, 23:53:28

Well apart from Marshals low level warfare on common sense, and more on to the aspects of the game that bug me; I still think that war is too simplistic right now in that GS+ CDs are so strong and chems are so strong while EMs/NMs are dumped to make room for more CMs before war instead of cherished for their destructive force as well.

I think its particularily annoying that you can lose 100% of your 6-8 weeks of work in seconds and that its not actually harder to do that to someone who spent more time and effort than someone who chilled all set. And on the other end that a waller can survive up to 10 times more hits than a non-waller without being particularily skillful at it, just by being there.

major Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 1:10:03

the restart being dis mantled

Spaced Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 1:43:48

This is a fluffing joke. Straight up.

AB Wrath of Suicidal (#344) [ElderPCI] --> fluffy (#224) [SoF] -- 14B

The new spy odds bullfluff is just as needless. Your solution to suicdiers is to remove the restart bonus. So im going to do my part and remove myself.

Gerdler, Ive lost 30k land to nukes so far, its halved my production. It hurts. SDI as a whole feels broken. 1.5million points of tech gone in 80 missiles. So I lost 100million bushels (what it cost me to buy) because I defended missiles.

Edited By: Spaced on Jan 30th 2020, 1:48:35
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 30th 2020, 3:49:53

So this was the topic:
"What pisses you off the most about the games mechanics?"

Only 2 of you had reading comprehension. Marshal isn't a game mechanic.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 3:58:41

Has anything been done to nerf the effectiveness of walling as there is a lower player count now?
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Leto Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 4:05:16

Medical tech doesnt reduce losses during attacks

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 4:05:19

From Merriam-Webster)
me·​chan·​ics | \ mi-ˈka-niks
\
Definition of mechanics

1 : a branch of physical science that deals with energy and forces and their effect on bodies
2 : the practical application of mechanics to the design, construction, or operation of machines or tools
3 : mechanical or functional details or procedure eg. the mechanics of the brain

I think that the games mechanics that Cerberus refers to are the games's functional details or procedures. One procedure that is extremely wearisome is keeping up with the happenings in the game on this forum. The part that pisses me off the most, and more than any other functional detail or procedure, is Marshal's posts.

Zorp Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 4:18:29

Marshal gets to post.

But really, I dislike the generating units from oil. I was against it before it was implemented, and I still don't like it. I hate dropping the land I spent countless hours accumulating. I resisted it for years, but I feel compelled to run it on alliance because it's the only way I can compete.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 30th 2020, 5:00:12

The mechanic is needed because otherwise there wouldnt be lategame demand for oil and if there isnt lategame demand for it it means netters cant produce it in excess and so the warrers would have no oil to fight with. Oil generating units fixes that. What should be done is a massive cut to the number of units generated from it, OR alternatively the mechanic gets changed to consume oil every turn to make the private market regenerate faster but not instantly.

"Spend 40 oil to generate 30 troops, 25 turrets, 25 jets and 10 tanks to be available for purchase on the Private Market."
Is changed to:
"Spend 60 oil to generate 30 troops, 25 turrets, 25 jets and 10 tanks to be available for purchase on the Private Market."

This would render oil cheaper, but keep the lategame demand. It will be competetive to jump in other ways so we would end up with all manner of destock strategies competing with one another, as they should. It wouldnt mess with war, and there would be the safe option to do the oil destock as now, it would just be more balanced.

Or change the mechanism to

Toggle [On/Off]: "Spend 40 oil per acre per turn recieved to generate an extra 30 troops, 25 turrets, 25 jets and 10 tanks per acre per turn to be available for purchase on the Private Market."

This makes your private market replenishment 11 times faster and oil has the same value as now. It will destroy the current oil destock but oil will remain a valuable commodity at the end of the set. Oil jumps will require skill and timing instead of a dozen steps that are repeated identically every set at the last hour of the game.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 30th 2020, 5:02:47

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 5:23:11

without some use for oil it goes super low end of set, so people cant produce as much of it mid set and it might go crazy high as well

for sdi perhaps the losses need to be capped at some point, such as 99%+ or higher of max tech

so youd need 313k sdi tech on 10k acres and lose 3130 per missile

that way if you wanted to you could have 600k sdi and stay at 89.1% sdi until you defend about 100 missiles, rather than currently where youd lose a lot more

it wouldnt even need to be a flat cap it could just be slightly less than 1% the higher you went

if it would be based on max tech it would be a slight boost to late game commie in wars which wouldnt hurt

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Jan 30th 2020, 11:24:21

Originally posted by Spaced:
This is a fluffing joke. Straight up.

AB Wrath of Suicidal (#344) (ElderPCI) --> fluffy (#224) (SoF) -- 14B

The new spy odds bullfluff is just as needless. Your solution to suicdiers is to remove the restart bonus. So im going to do my part and remove myself.

Gerdler, Ive lost 30k land to nukes so far, its halved my production. It hurts. SDI as a whole feels broken. 1.5million points of tech gone in 80 missiles. So I lost 100million bushels (what it cost me to buy) because I defended missiles.

Give it a little time Spaced. I 100% agree and hat is why i stopped playing the game for a few months. I hate dying so fast. All these mechanics are being looked t.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 13:29:49

Wow, some of you guys are seriously supremely witty, some of you are really deep. You took this simple question and expanded it to cover just about every aspect of the game.

I am a much simpler person, and I hadn't even considered most of the points made here.

My most irritating thing about the mechanics of the game is simple. Having a huge earthquake on your last turn. There should be some kind of algorithm that looks at the turns remaining on your country and stops the earthquake algorithm from happening when you get down to where you cannot rebuild before you run out of turns, I suppose that one ticks me off the most, the other would be the limitations of SDI when the game gets close to the end.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

The_Hawk

Jan 30th 2020, 13:41:12

Lack of oil should have led to a supply and demand type issue were someone could have run a pure oiler strat without the need for market regen being added.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 14:07:18

Restart bonus needs to come back with tweaking
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Chevs

Jan 30th 2020, 14:15:42

1. Am i the only one that hates everything in raw numbers and would rather it in turns?

i.e.

When i have BPT of 138 and 800 acres, why cant i just say build 5 turns instead of calculating what the fcking number is

Same with tech, let me tech x turns instead of points

and before you say its fixed in the new UI, I also don't like the new UI. so theres that.

2. CD is OP

3. Earthquakes are stupid, i don't think anyone would mind taking them out of the game. All the other RNG have a positive and a negative. I never get a reverse earthquake where instead of losing 2000 buildings i find a bonus 2000 acres.

4. Make BRs great again, maybe add an acceleration mechanic to BR losses to make them more appealing or a deceleration mechanic to GS attacks. i.e. DR for GS. right now its suboptimal to carry jets at all. If you war you just get enough turrets so they dont want to BR you, then get a zillion troops and 0 jets.

5. Build cost bonus is OP for netting.

6. FFO is OP as well

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Chevs

Jan 30th 2020, 14:18:02

with regards to the SDI comment, I would greatly lessen the SDI point loss from a DH but also increase max warfare to like 10%.

buff both of them so you actually need to make a decision as to how you play your country in war, not arbitrarily get to 4.5% warfare and then blindly launch your missiles for readiness
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 15:08:46

We can read galleri. It was a joke.

Chevs

Jan 30th 2020, 15:23:52

imo galleri is worse than marshall, maybe im in the minority but i dont mind marshall most of the time
SOF Head Of Poop

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 15:59:53

He's been posting on and reading the forums for twenty years and he still understand simple sentence structure. I will however give him thst he speaks English better than I speak any second language, so..

sinistril Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 17:03:25

Hidden profiles, I guess
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 17:08:47

Regarding FFO being OP that's just because oil destock is so overpowered. Don't blame the strat, blame the bad destock mechanic.

Originally posted by sinistril:
Hidden profiles, I guess

Agreed.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 30th 2020, 19:01:56

Originally posted by Chevs:

imo galleri is worse than marshall, maybe im in the minority but i dont mind marshall most of the time

Braden no fluff.
Chevs at least I know how to carry some defense ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 19:07:32

I've never seen marshall's posts, how can galleri be worse than a person who isn't a regular in the forums?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 19:38:27

Well then it's a classic marshal level maybe/maybe not post and Chevs might not be wrong.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 30th 2020, 19:44:19

with regards to the SDI comment, I would greatly lessen the SDI point loss from a DH but also increase max warfare to like 10%.

buff both of them so you actually need to make a decision as to how you play your country in war, not arbitrarily get to 4.5% warfare and then blindly launch your missiles for readiness

10% warfare when you already cant expend your missiles at 5% max if you are not a tyranny?

No, I think the way to buff warfare is to put more power in nukes and EMs so that warrers dont feel the need to dump them pre-war. Just buff the EM 50% straight up and make nukes destroy 1.5% of everything; pop, land, buildings, tech, military, cash, food, oil instead of what it does now as it is only ever good for hitting ppl with amost no SDI and ruining their reset right now.
This is to balance the reduction to halved SDI point losses on a DH missile.

DruncK Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 1:27:45

I think Gerdler just solved the oil destock bullfluff and no one even noticed

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 1:40:30

Yeah, that's a side effect of reading his posts...
(•_•)

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 3:49:51

Second on Galleri more annoying than Marshal

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 31st 2020, 3:51:02

What pisses you off the most about the games mechanics?

That I don't have that much time anymore to work on them :(
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

braden Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 3:52:12

A great advertisement for us to spend money

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 4:46:05

Lol

sinistril Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 4:56:42

Oh snap
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 31st 2020, 5:26:40

Lol, I'm getting new folks ramped up to work on them like Jab and Bug to start :-p

Do you not remember when I was super active from 2009-2012ish when I was in school? So much got done on EE and boxcar! I miss having that much time :-)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Drow Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 5:36:35

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The mechanic is needed because otherwise there wouldnt be lategame demand for oil and if there isnt lategame demand for it it means netters cant produce it in excess and so the warrers would have no oil to fight with. Oil generating units fixes that. What should be done is a massive cut to the number of units generated from it, OR alternatively the mechanic gets changed to consume oil every turn to make the private market regenerate faster but not instantly.

Why does there NEED to be a late game demand for oil?
You're also self defeating your argument. Warrers not having oil would be in and of itself, a late game demand for oil, would it not?

In regards to OP, the disparity between all-x and "grabbing" (lets be realistic, incessant bot farming) towards a high finish.
a well played all-X SHOULD still have the ability to finish in the top 10 with regularity, and have a chance at actively winning the set.

Retired Earth type.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 31st 2020, 5:51:28

The lategame demand for oil that comes from netters exceed that of the warrers generally, and the lategame supply is pretty much all from netters. So if you remove the reason for netters to produce it oil will behave like in express but with no private market to purchase it from. The market will be empty a lot and kill runs will be cancelled because the hitters cant get oil. It's just bad.

Maybe you didnt play this summer when SOL/SoF warred LaF/elders/stones/imag. Oil went to 600-1000 for over a week and it cost more to kill people than the resources that the kill removed from the other side.

Either if it goes to 1000 or if it goes to 50 its really a poor design of the market. All other items on the market has a value at the end of the set and it should remain that way. Either way I have made a suggestion. If yours is to remove the oil destock you either have not understood the consequences of that, or you have other motivations than the good of the game.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 31st 2020, 5:59:39

sinistril Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 6:07:49

That lategame demand for tech tho

Rouger

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 7:02:51

If I had to pick one? i Would say SDI loss percentage. If you don’t lessen the chem strength at least decrease the SDI loss percentage. No reason a player with 90 percent SDI can get killed in 270 chems. While a player with 77 percent will get killed in 230. If someone has 90 percent SDI that should be a 400 chem kill, if they do not get on. Especially now that the restart bonus is gone.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 31st 2020, 7:11:49

I dont know what you are trying to say but if you want your techs sold last day you absolutely can, no matter the amount you put up. Theres perfect price elasticity.

Chevs

Jan 31st 2020, 17:01:54

Originally posted by Gerdler:

I dont know what you are trying to say but if you want your techs sold last day you absolutely can, no matter the amount you put up. Theres perfect price elasticity.

so by that logic we should get rid of oil destock and let oilers sell their oil for 20 dollars on the public market?

you cant have it both ways
SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 1st 2020, 9:21:33

No, you can easily sell you tech without selling to the auto-buy. The NW of tech is worth something last day and usually tech is bought up to 1000-1500 in alliance last day.

Without oil destock everything has value last day, except oil.

The oil destock is overpowered but it needs to exist in some form.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2020, 19:37:10

I don't know what the statute of limitations is...but..

In its prime, this game was roughly 1/3rd bots. I know this because they were mostly mine and a few friends. There were a few clans, at various times, that were entirely..umm..fake. This being one of the reasons that several of you older cats know me as different monikers.

(No worries, I'm too old for that nonsense these days.)

Have there been any thoughts to adding an element like that to this evolution? That is, having some of these bots form together and work collectively..ie devote activities towards a few countries nw, retaliatory action for hyper-aggressive bottomfeeders (extreme emphasis on hyper, there was one set rampant with suiciders due to some unnecessary tweaking).

Just a thought.
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Marshal Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 21:27:26

bots exist already (as landsource for players and fluffing up market besides oil) and devs are planning to make bots to start attacking.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....