Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 27th 2020, 4:30:07

Hi!

I updated the Announcements and B&S threads, but also wanted to post here to note that I've added a new feature to the spyop page.

When you choose a spyop and a country that is within range to spy, you will receive a fuzzy success estimation within a 5% range.

This estimate includes spy DR in the calculation.

Hope you all like it!

-pang
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 27th 2020, 4:59:13

Woot
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2020, 19:04:57

This isnt working properly.

Im getting 125%+ on everyone.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 1:46:06

maybe it is correct and you have no chance of failing

and its just saying you have more than you need to have no chance of failing

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 1:58:06

Not accurate enshula.

Unfortunately i missed 3 weeks of this set and have a spal 4x worse than my opponents. Im not close to them failing 9/10 whn im showing 125%.

There is a chance it is calculating my allies as 100% of their total against my land and not calculating their allies at all. That'd get somewhere close but still not right.

When my 100 spal types in a country with 400 spal im showing 125%. But im also showing 125% against a bot with 9 spal so its just wholly not on and i don't think a poor estimate from my allies. Just a broken calculation that isn't even in the ballpark.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 28th 2020, 2:09:54
See Original Post

archaic Game profile

Jan 28th 2020, 2:24:35

This seems a little OP, if I was planning on suiciding somebody i would LOVE this feature.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 28th 2020, 2:55:48

I think its good that it doesnt work.. could be added as a separate op if it worked "Spy on intelligence network", gives number of spies, all ops done on and by the country all reset but not the result, as well as % chance of success if you do ops on him.

That way you can find players who did hostile ops for sure, you could ofc do this on dead countries as well as it is an intel op. And you could also see if the country is in spy DR.

I M GROOT Game profile

Jan 28th 2020, 3:16:03

That is a big advantage!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 13:19:02

Not really sure this is going to be an important part of the game anyway. I like spy ops for their obvious reasons and generally have enough spies to do the job. I rarely fail mostly because I set up for it in advance.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 28th 2020, 13:23:15

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Not really sure this is going to be an important part of the game anyway. I like spy ops for their obvious reasons and generally have enough spies to do the job. I rarely fail mostly because I set up for it in advance.

I thought you quit, anyway welcome back Cerb
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 14:15:01

I'm with Archaic on this one
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Z [Post Script]

Jan 29th 2020, 1:14:33

Lame suicider’s dream. I guess requiem coded it.
-Z (Post Script)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 1:23:58

He did and galleri carried him!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 16:17:32

Uhm., I am not a fan of this change. You can easily reverse engineer this and get every player's REAL SPAL without using a single OP.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 29th 2020, 17:24:42

Yeah, I think this should be information given perhaps by the spy op but not before them.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 31st 2020, 2:57:44

I changed this to a range -- High, Moderate and Low so it's more obfuscated.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2020, 3:26:38

Originally posted by Pang:
I changed this to a range -- High, Moderate and Low so it's more obfuscated.

Ok, but did you fix the mechanics?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2020, 16:49:30

Doesn't really work. I can have "High" chances to do just a regular spy op on a country and fail 10 in a row.

braden Game profile

Feb 5th 2020, 16:52:13

People don't use the word obfuscate unless they intend for it to be entirely ambiguous and decidedly unknowable. Welcome to rhetoric.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2020, 17:21:51

Originally posted by Molotov:
Doesn't really work. I can have "High" chances to do just a regular spy op on a country and fail 10 in a row.

Primary? Spying there is horrid, I can have 20 spal vs 5 spal and fail the first 3 spy ops then finally get one, since I've been running 10 to 15, I now get through in first op, even on countries running 20+ spal, makes no sense and it's been that way since I came back and started playing primary routinely.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2020, 19:14:12

Yeah. It seems if you have a spal of 50 it says high on everyone regardless of if they have 500 spal.

It's still inaccurate af but I feel like the game tries to give me a little confidence boost before I fail a bunch of ops so I'll take it.

I do still believe there's a bug in the way spies are calculated and this only further makes that case in my brain, but I'm sure it's just a bug in the output, amirite?

(Sarcasm remains difficult in text)

braden Game profile

Feb 5th 2020, 19:25:51

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Yeah. It seems if you have a spal of 50 it says high on everyone regardless of if they have 500 spal.

It's still inaccurate af but I feel like the game tries to give me a little confidence boost before I fail a bunch of ops so I'll take it.

I do still believe there's a bug in the way spies are calculated and this only further makes that case in my brain, but I'm sure it's just a bug in the output, amirite?

(Sarcasm remains difficult in text)

Sarcasm isn't the issue: the fact we knowingly use ambiguous wording makes us not telling the truth but tey and get a lie.. ?

I won't steal your money but give me your credit card information and and your sin card?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2020, 19:43:22

Originally posted by Red X:
Originally posted by Cerberus:

I thought you quit, anyway welcome back Cerb

Just took an extended break. Had personal issues to deal with.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!