Verified:

Hessman123

Jan 11th 2020, 14:32:44

Are there commie bots now that don't play all their turns?

Or did I 5 tap a real live person? lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2020, 15:15:41

How many turns are we talking? I've seen bots with 1-5 turns before. Dont know if its a money situation that makes them quit taking turns or what. It makes sense for there to be bots with turns tho. Assuming it failed to sell and cant get enough food/cash to play turns without shortages theres no way to fix that immediatly with the tools they have at their disposal.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2020, 15:45:19

if you get parking lotted and missiled then you'll find out. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2020, 15:46:16

No one knew that. Ty Marsha

Hessman123

Jan 11th 2020, 15:57:21

Originally posted by Gerdler:
No one knew that. Ty Marsha

LOL, Marsha with another zinger.. thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation as usual M

Anyways.. here's my update

I messaged the country to apologies (no reply, crickets), I bought 450k troops, 750k tanks and I teched 300k SDI point and now I'm just waiting

But I'm sitting here thinking.. faack maybe it really was a bot.. just a bot with turns

After my initial grabs I noticed that the country had 17 turns and now when I spied again the country has 40+ turns

All other indicators point to the fact that its a bot... 240 cs, changed to Commie right away at 4717 networth, lots of bus/res tech, bot like country name with 2 capitalized words

Soooo... I may have upped my defenses for no reason

At least now I can start farming anyone I want as I have 90+ % sdi and 750k tanks :)

This set might get interesting

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2020, 16:06:08

750k tanks means nothing after patch. Haven't you heard?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2020, 16:08:12

If i had 0 tanks, 100000 farms and 0 ICs. And you're all ICs and CS with 750k tanks. You do exactly 0 buildings per AB.

Hessman123

Jan 11th 2020, 16:12:29

Really? thats stupid

So because this guy is all IC's and I'm all labs his AB's wont destroy my buildings?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2020, 16:14:51

Correct.

Hessman123

Jan 11th 2020, 16:33:33

Wow, that is incredibly stupid

Who's idea was it to change that??

If the makers of this game wanted the game to be even remotely realistic.. they would know that a tank on a war mission can destroy enemy buildings regardless of what kind of buildings their country has at home

Hessman123

Jan 11th 2020, 16:47:39

Who are the people that make decision in this game.. and why do they make such poor decisions?

*sigh* I guess I'll just go back to not playing after this set

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2020, 21:07:36

devs aka panh, qz, etc.

there's suggestion (at bugs&sugs) to change abs back to what it was before or old way but with some modifications.

it was changed cause there were "some" players whose only goal was to destroy others sets.

also same applies to landgrabbing, you only get buildings if your target has same buildings as you have. gerdy can tell if there's difference about total land gained if for example grabs casher as indy (my test results on alliance say there's difference on ghosts if grabs same strat or diff strat country favoring same strat).

Hessman123

Jan 11th 2020, 22:14:50

Originally posted by Marshal:
devs aka panh, qz, etc.

it was changed cause there were "some" players whose only goal was to destroy others sets.

So what... get tanks, simple solution

Don't get butt hurt and change the game...

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2020, 22:19:10

1m+ tanks hurts a lot when netting and doesn't help when idiot has 2m tanks and quite a bit weap tech.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2020, 22:36:36

Yeah you have to carry more thanks than anyone can buy up to and the same for turrets lol... it isnt possible to defend oneself.

Either way I asked for other changes, got these. I wanted changes that didnt affect war at all pretty much but still made the griefers lose their appetite. That met so much resistance because every self proclaimed warrior seems to feel like the most important aspect of the game is to every now and again ruin the set of someone who only grabs bots lol. Either way they got this change as a result. As far as I can tell they dont mind this as much. Just a couple of people got mad that they didn't understand the landgrabbing changes etc so far. I think the grabbing changes are fun, but the effect change on BR/AB building destruction is pretty bad both for alliance warfare and solo warfare.

commander1972 Game profile

Jan 11th 2020, 23:01:19

what are these grabbing changes ?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2020, 23:56:39

You can read about them on the announcement board to interpret it yourself. Basically there are new limitations to ghost acres and building capture that is based on which buildings you share with the target. On top of that theres a hard ceiling on how much you can grab in one hit in relation to your own acreage.

commander1972 Game profile

Jan 12th 2020, 0:23:27

thnks

Hessman123

Jan 12th 2020, 0:30:54

The changes to AB and BR are a joke

Basically means you don't need tanks at all unless someone you are fighting is playing the same strategy as you

Its quite silly in my opinion

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2020, 1:26:10

^ +1

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2020, 20:17:57

still need tanks to protect constr sites.