Verified:

major Game profile

Dec 28th 2019, 1:58:32

but i figured it out and figured I would just grow with the game.

before that i would just build my country up and hit real players, ALWAYS TAGGED, kind of what the game was meant to b

That used to be the boost of the game, the hell yes...but we got away from that with the bots..

The grab changes have changed the game mid-stroke, and not for the best from a lame war-guys view.

I respect all here, but i will build a strong country, and i will grab, be it bot or player.

Major

major Game profile

Dec 28th 2019, 2:24:37

dict bonus affected as well?

brujodale Game profile

Dec 28th 2019, 2:38:11

yeah it seems we rely on the bots more and more. miss the old days of being able to steal tech from dead countries, that's how I survived for decades!!
we need the arrow clan back lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 28th 2019, 2:51:19

THAT'S AN UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE LETTERS OF POWER, POSSIBLY, MAY YOUR BASES NOT GET BLOWN UP.

HA!

KOHEARTSGPA
MINISTER OF POOP STIRRING.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 28th 2019, 11:19:12

WHAT KOH SAID!

YOU'LL HEAR FROM DANGER'S LAWYERS.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Zorp Game profile

Dec 29th 2019, 22:24:57

I miss DANGER

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 30th 2019, 0:18:40

Wait til the bots hit back! I have the API done for it now, just need to update the bots!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Symbolic Game profile

Dec 30th 2019, 0:25:11

Ah fluff that's awesome.

Suicidal Game profile

Dec 30th 2019, 3:30:53

well, if the bots hit back, I am top feeding netters.... make them hit back or kill me

farmer Game profile

Dec 30th 2019, 3:37:34

That will stop the zero def countries. I miss the old days when you grab a country and bulk up on def trying to keep the land

sinistril Game profile

Dec 30th 2019, 5:09:21

Bot retals kind of defeat the purpose of bots, yeah? I mean, if the idea is to have bots that you can't hit without fear of retaliation, let us run bots on 1a. I'll give you one that hits without even the need for players to hit it..

it'd make players like major happy for the throwback to simpler times to boot
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 30th 2019, 11:35:56

No the point of bots is to add land and to add market volume. They will do that still if they retal... id be very sceptical about bots grabbing players tho. That would fluff up all-xp for no reason.

I think bots should ab gs ss and missile retal but it should be limited to like 1 grabber a day and they should only go for special attacks or missiles if they were hot twice or something like that.

Suicidal Game profile

Dec 30th 2019, 12:34:35

Oh geez, more netters will be cryin' every time they get hit back

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 30th 2019, 15:06:36

Originally posted by Gerdler:
No the point of bots is to add land and to add market volume. They will do that still if they retal... id be very sceptical about bots grabbing players tho. That would fluff up all-xp for no reason.

I think bots should ab gs ss and missile retal but it should be limited to like 1 grabber a day and they should only go for special attacks or missiles if they were hot twice or something like that.

I think they should retal per the hits. If they get farmed its all out, if it is a PS then they should if they can break send a PS or a SS.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 30th 2019, 15:15:55

Originally posted by Suicidal:

That will be a first. Mostly its warriors who cry when they get hit back by netters they blindsided.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 30th 2019, 15:20:55

Originally posted by Red X:

I think they should retal per the hits. If they get farmed its all out, if it is a PS then they should if they can break send a PS or a SS.

PSing could add another layer of skill/effort/outplay potential to grabbing since we would then have a bunch of bots who sent out a portion of their defences on PS. I guess it has both pros and cons.

mac23 Game profile

Dec 30th 2019, 16:40:14

bring on the bots who hit back!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 30th 2019, 20:05:41

Bots making attacks would mean DR camping again. Aye? I’m not a fan of that kind of game play.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 31st 2019, 1:39:18

Ideally they only make like 1-3 attacks a day, some of them being missiles.

The biggest problem I see with it is that they would have to introduce oiler bots or make rainbows build rigs, you cant have 250 bots suddenly craving oil no matter the cost to make an attack, thats gonna make for some retarded market events if its not countered by a similar addition to the supply. I always thought rainbow bots were the most useless bot, but such a change could finally give them a purpose.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 31st 2019, 1:44:44

Plus im looking forward to a time when LaF doesnt feel the need to play 20+ FFOs

sinistril Game profile

Dec 31st 2019, 2:06:24

Originally posted by mac23:
bring on the bots who hit first!

Fixed
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

sinistril Game profile

Dec 31st 2019, 2:09:48

The biggest problem I see with it is that they would have to introduce oiler bots or make rainbows build rigs, you cant have 250 bots suddenly craving oil no matter the cost to make an attack, thats gonna make for some retarded market events if its not countered by a similar addition to the supply. I always thought rainbow bots were the most useless bot, but such a change could finally give them a purpose.

Not sure how that kind of randomness is different from untags grabbing LaF. Presumably some people will be hit by bots many times and some won't be hit at all. You might have a happy median who are hit an equal amount but it's a similar situation where some people's sets are 'ruined' by the untags hitting them

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2019, 2:11:49

Originally posted by Suicidal:

That will be a first. Mostly its warriors who cry when they get hit back by netters they blindsided.

This is not true for all cases, you cannot generalize like this.

Way back when I first started the MIA, I wanted a policy that went like this; A landgrab against an MIA country by any member of an alliance who was way too big to be retaliated upon by the attacked country would be retaliated by looking in the victim countries scores list, finding a soldier wearing the uniform of the aggressor country and would retaliate upon that one. The screaming that went on over that was deafening. I thought that a policy like that would dissuade the larger alliances from farming smaller ones because then, their people would have to pay for the offenses of their larger players.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

ninong Game profile

Dec 31st 2019, 9:19:31

domo arigato mr roboto
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 31st 2019, 9:37:29

Originally posted by sinistril:

Not sure how that kind of randomness is different from untags grabbing LaF. Presumably some people will be hit by bots many times and some won't be hit at all. You might have a happy median who are hit an equal amount but it's a similar situation where some people's sets are 'ruined' by the untags hitting them

You mean retalled. Not hit. Im very much against bots grabbing players. Always will be.

Bots should be easy to defend against when you choose the bot that wants to try and retal you. There's going to be a number of turrets that are 'enough'. So if your set is ruined by a bot it's all on you, same as if you farm a player and he suicided you. Thats just poor play.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2019, 11:20:50

Not hit. Im very much against bots grabbing players. Always will be.

This is *very* important.

Bot's retalling OTOH is a good addition, brings back the requirement to have at least some defence. Military ratios are totally screwed up at the moment

Marshal Game profile

Dec 31st 2019, 20:28:20

few m turrets and troops kinda limits targets to hit.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2019, 20:35:03

Originally posted by UgolinoII:

Not hit. Im very much against bots grabbing players. Always will be.

This is *very* important.

Bot's retalling OTOH is a good addition, brings back the requirement to have at least some defence. Military ratios are totally screwed up at the moment

I don’t see what it matters? People will carry the bare minimum of what is needed to defend against bots (people trying to min/max) so who cares if that magic number is 100k turrets or 1m turrets. It’s all relative if we are not talking about player v. player attacks.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 31st 2019, 21:28:02

It matters a lot to all-xp.

Consider that from early stages of the game if you want to grab bots you are gonna need real defences, thus you cant go as high CS start as now which will cost you turns.
Further the defences you have to keep and grow will lower your returns, as you cant NW match at all as well and later it will still make a tiny bit of difference that you are carrying maybe 1-5m NW extra of tanks and turrets in some stages of the game.
Lastly, you will have to pay expenses for the extra military.

Depending on how the retal types are coded you might still take the occasional missile as well.

All this will cost ending NW for grabbers, at varying amounts. Possibly up to several hundred million NW. This makes all-xp phases much more competetive. Not pure all-xp but being able to run 0 def for say the first 1200 turns while building CS with 80% your turns will certainly be an option. Also tech phases will be more competetive I think. As long as non-grabbers are not hit, this should add a plethora of viable ways to build a country efficiently and competetively. Right now that is lacking.

major Game profile

Jan 1st 2020, 0:25:33

All of this sounds good to me, I am actually a little bit excited over the changes. before long, we will have the first BOT-WAR! Sounds like great fun to be honest...

Excellent job on the game Pang.

brujodale Game profile

Jan 13th 2020, 15:51:11

all the bots are cross dressing libertarians

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2020, 16:32:44

the first step for bot retals should be something like

retal if hit > 4 times in 24 hours

and so on

perhaps with conditional retals of lower percent chance with less hits, and chances to use missiles that rise as you have more aggro/threat/badboy on them

dont forget bots retaliating will make them weaker, and possibly more so if they succeed than if they fail

and to start with the hits will likely be blind, x million jets per day or per nw type stuff

its somewhat unlikely the bots will spy to retal too

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2020, 17:37:53

Ya I’d say for bots to attack there needs to be a lot of testing before hand. Don’t need 250 sucider bots!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 13th 2020, 21:00:58

even 50 would be too much.

breeze Game profile

Jan 14th 2020, 0:17:33

All I see is it killing off the game completely. I like the days of long ago, which I know aren't coming back. But then again I loved the wars back then. Now its LG on bots and bots LGrabbing back, arranged wars anymore. What a joke to the days gone by. Just my opinion. Maybe its time for this old tired veteran to give it up.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 14th 2020, 7:44:46

There are 3 servers without bots. Tournament is decent and the strats are almost balanced, except maybe farmer usually. Primary is epic but maybe not balanced, tho you do hit players and only players all set long, which is what you want right?

breeze Game profile

Jan 14th 2020, 17:02:15

not what I want

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2020, 17:36:24

I understand the sentiment behind wanting it to be all real players again (or what appeared to be real) but I think the alliance server would be far less interesting without bots in the current climate. Every Alliance pacts out and no one wants to accept being hit (not even war clans) so what else can they do?

Bots kept me playing because all explore was/is boring. Although a lot less of a time requirement.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 24th 2020, 9:13:20

Hmm
Mercs
Natural Born Killers