Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 6th 2019, 11:36:45

Since they are no longer viable in war and still viable on occasion for strat-matched suicides, why do they still exist?

The war in 1a shows that BRs make up less than 15% of the kills in late wars. How many of those 7 kills were before people realized that the building destruction on BRs had been lowered significantly? I dunno, my guess is more than one.

How about next set when the restart bonus is gone, and the main reason to do BRs which is that it removes the production on the restart, will we finally live the dream of 100% GS with no ABs or BRs in war? I think so, but to make sure, lets remove BRs and ABs so that no one makes the mistake of sending one of these useless attacks?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2019, 13:33:14

the only problem with removing br is it makes spal and cd even stronger if everyones only buying troops not turrets

might be ok with a cd nerf though

at least leaving it there useless might make people go only 3:1 troops to turrets or something

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 6th 2019, 18:35:21

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Since they are no longer viable in war and still viable on occasion for strat-matched suicides, why do they still exist?

The war in 1a shows that BRs make up less than 15% of the kills in late wars. How many of those 7 kills were before people realized that the building destruction on BRs had been lowered significantly? I dunno, my guess is more than one.

How about next set when the restart bonus is gone, and the main reason to do BRs which is that it removes the production on the restart, will we finally live the dream of 100% GS with no ABs or BRs in war? I think so, but to make sure, lets remove BRs and ABs so that no one makes the mistake of sending one of these useless attacks?

BRs are effective if people login to Stonewall. Also PDM loves the AB FS.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Marshal Game profile

Dec 6th 2019, 20:09:14

Originally posted by Red X:
Also PDM loves the AB FS.

that was tan00b.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

sinistril Game profile

Dec 6th 2019, 21:35:58

BRs always make up less kills than GS and ABs are always a rare use commodity. I guess if you want to balance it, weaken GS by a little bit. Ie. Make it take 10% more hits for a GS kill than currently, which is fair as GS benefits heavily from CD and it's always been costly to carry jets
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 6th 2019, 22:18:47

I think GS should be left alone and CDs obliterated... like halved effectiveness. but BRs and ABs are too weak now anyway since the new changes.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2019, 5:00:48

Are AB/BR still effective if you have same building type?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2019, 6:09:16

Adjustment required!

That's your Q Pang!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 7th 2019, 9:53:51

Originally posted by Celphi:
Are AB/BR still effective if you have same building type?

Yeah. So in reality you will always take out CS with ABs which makes the still decently effective at all times for suiciding netters. But taking out CS is not useful in war(except early wars) so you would have to control who ABs who instead of putting up an AB target to run down.

The same reason speedkills didnt work out is going to be the downfall of this; people dont accept 4 hour warchats, they want to go in and hit and then go about their lives. So ABs are going from a very rarely used attack type to almost non-existant in most wars.

BR kills will still happen if someone goes like 4:1 on troops:turrets but other than that since the restarts all restart with the same 4717 NW 100 acres and 0 buildings no matter if you just leveled 80% of the originals buildings or not. BR maiming will share the same problem as ABs and speedkills; it will take too long to organize.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2019, 5:15:34

What about adding a clan war mechanic (dec war on a tag level) which could remove some of the anti sucider mods would be better. War needs more options not less IMO.