Verified:

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 17:00:35

Originally posted by Neil:
IF there has been no exchange of hits/spy opts(harmful) this set, it is unprovoked.

Under your idea.

Country #34 was allied to a multi and in an alliance, lets call them LaF (an alliance which wont do anything about it and has mod protection), Country B in an alliance that was hit by the multi cant do anything about it.

Country #1 watches countries B's alliance news and steals their retals, 3 times, country B can't do anything about it.

Country #298 send's country B an ingame message saying "amma AB them faggets", since he hasn't done anything yet Country B can't do anything.

All 3 things have happened THIS set, right now SoF could respond but with clan GDI or rules such as yours we won't be able to, in fact under your plan we would get deleted.

If LaF have 2 stepped plx contact our FAs and we can sort that out.
Don of LaF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 17:01:01

Civilized society did not and does not tolerate piracy for a reason.

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 17:01:50

Originally posted by galleri:
Who is to define rules of what a suicider is? There are so many reasons they could give us and then that falls into a fine grey area.
Also, this would mean we would spend more time trying to hunt down and delete over and over and over. I would give a few descriptions but it would mean I might give folks some ideas. So I don't want to give ideas or how the mod tools work.

Im sorry you mods would actually have to do some work other than spamming AT...
Don of LaF

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 1st 2019, 17:49:52

Making the mods decide what is/isn't worthy of being action-worthy, rolling back suicider actions, etc is not something we want to make mods handle.

It's not fair to put that on them as they have a lot on their plate already and I KNOW there will be a lot of complaints.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 22:10:43

Originally posted by Pang:
Making the mods decide what is/isn't worthy of being action-worthy, rolling back suicider actions, etc is not something we want to make mods handle.

It's not fair to put that on them as they have a lot on their plate already and I KNOW there will be a lot of complaints.

I guess its just easier to ignore the problem then. Every game that i have played except this one deals with people that suicide, grief, behave badly. Why is that kind of behavior encouraged here?
Don of LaF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 22:31:33

At the risk of saying something I have no idea about I'm not sure its easy to 'roll back' and individual country if this is not built into the DB and game at this time. I could be way off base.

I think the best solution is to keep working on the clan GDI and make it so that everyone in the community, no matter what your play-style of choice is, has a home.

I don't think it's pratical in this game to have mods monitor and run that. This needs to be solved programmatically.

trumpoz Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 22:35:38

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Originally posted by Pang:

I guess its just easier to ignore the problem then. Every game that i have played except this one deals with people that suicide, grief, behave badly. Why is that kind of behavior encouraged here?

For the sake of argument. Read the blurb for the game - it states (words to the effect of) 'execute attack strategies to relieve your enemies of land and resources'. Arent countries that you call suiciders or griefers doing precisely that? Are they not making the most of the game mechanics to their advantage?

Just me playing devil's advocate.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 22:39:18

Why were bots added?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 1st 2019, 23:05:31

Originally posted by Neil:
...LaF (an alliance which wont do anything about it and has mod protection),

o_0
That's a different and interesting take. A couple of guys from LaF have outright claimed I am biased towards them. Now you're just confusing me.

Originally posted by mdevol:

this is a simulation game. this fluff happens. deal with it.

perhaps have better PR?

+1

Someone send this guy a fruit basket.

Im sorry you mods would actually have to do some work other than spamming AT...

Just so I'm clear, you're making the claim mods don't do "work" outside the forums? I'd like some clarification so I have a better understanding when you require my/our future assistance.

It sounds like this game might not be meeting your gaming culture standards. Don't let us keep you from enjoying those others.

Originally posted by Requiem:
Why were bots added?

Ooo, I know this one.

What is.... attacking real players isn't allowed anymore?

Edited By: Primeval on Nov 1st 2019, 23:28:14

Marshal Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 23:48:10

Originally posted by Primeval:

Why were bots added?

Ooo, I know this one.

What is.... attacking real players isn't allowed anymore?

depends from whom that is asked, helltard would say no since that'd be bullying (if he is at receiving end) and gives him right to suicide against attacker's alliance.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Badde Game profile

Nov 2nd 2019, 4:16:43

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Originally posted by Badde:
Tie accounts to devices MAC addresses, and permaban the MAC address.

oh my sweet summer child...

Hey now, no need to be condescending just because I am not tech savvy.

You could just have said it wouldn't work?

Like Marshal did.

Boltar Game profile

Nov 2nd 2019, 16:45:30

At the risk of saying something I have no idea about I'm not sure its easy to 'roll back' and individual country if this is not built into the DB and game at this time. I could be way off base.

I think the best solution is to keep working on the clan GDI and make it so that everyone in the community, no matter what your play-style of choice is, has a home.

I don't think it's pratical in this game to have mods monitor and run that. This needs to be solved programmatically.

Couldn't the mods give turns/resources instead of rolling back the DB so that person can fix what was broken? Obviously if those turns and resources were used other then fixing the country the mods could just delete and give a time limit ban to the account. And the whole reason I ask this. Cause if a former player can gift himself 10mil troops why can't a mod do the same thing but for a good reason?

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2019, 17:23:28

@primeval i was mainly trolling and i answered galleri who cant be a mod on alliance as she is playing a country on the alliance server. so doesnt matter how much i would ask her to do as she cant.
Don of LaF

Marshal Game profile

Nov 2nd 2019, 20:25:34

boltar: that'd open can of worms and everybody who gets hit would ask it and mods would be overwhelmed by those requests.

Drow Game profile

Nov 2nd 2019, 23:06:27

hellrush, and BigP. I do not dispute that they are part of the game. Unfortunately, deliberate griefing is a part of virtually every online game, and yes, you run that risk if you're landgrabbing. However, with a game that is heavily skewed in favour of the attacker not the defender, thanks to extra attacker ally slots, a defender literally cannot have enough defence. you could have a billion turrets and tanks and troops, max SDI, 100 acres, and a suicider will still come along and wreck you.

Further, hellrush, you made my point for me. Your alliance FS'd another. you actvely went to war.
I did say that those attacks are the type an alliance ONLY uses when you go to war.
You also admit to deliberately griefing people, because you were bored.

Oh, and your copy/paste of definitions also explains why it's called suiciding. because you do it KNOWING your country is about to get killed.

Now please, stop trying to twist the wording of the game to suit your personal issues. You're not a lawyer, just a self admitted griefer who can't bear to see others playing the way they'd like to.

Side note, anyone who truly remembers me remembers I'm a drunk warring bastard. I'm not a netter.

Retired Earth type.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 3rd 2019, 0:26:56

The main reason the aggressor has the advantage in this games is that he doesnt need to break til he wants to hit. So a suicider can stock up to the amount of cash he needs to buy the oil, tanks, jets he needs on low expenses while the defender to stop him will need to carry more turrets than the aggressors cash could buy and the same for tanks as well as SDI and spies.

The fact that EE is a turn based game is what it derives from and we cant change that. The damage numbers could be limited such as has been done with missiles and certain spy ops based on your own resources . That is not in effect on landgrabs or special attacks tho so while missiles from some suciders can be brushed off those attacks do full damage even if hit by a country 1/10th your resources.
Now that could all be changed and I have encouraged this but that'd be a whole different can of worms, and QZ/Pang seems to have settled on clan-GDI as a solution rather than tweaking the game formulas to mitigate damage in the most asymmetrical exchanges(without affecting even wars).

Chevs

Nov 3rd 2019, 1:25:48

Nobody likes you
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 3rd 2019, 1:37:43

The word like has developed several non-traditional uses in informal speech. Especially since the late 20th century onward, it has appeared, in addition to its traditional uses, as a colloquialism across all dialects of spoken English, serving as a discourse particle, filler, hedge, speech disfluency, or other metalinguistic unit.[3] Although these particular colloquial uses of like appear to have become widespread rather recently, its use as a filler is a fairly old regional practice in Welsh English and, in Scotland, it was used similarly at least as early as the 19th century. It may also be used in a systemic format to allow individuals to introduce what they say, how they say and think.[4]

Despite such prevalence in modern-day spoken English, these colloquial usages of like rarely appear in writing (unless the writer is deliberately trying to replicate colloquial dialogue) and they have long been stigmatized in formal speech or in high cultural or high social settings. Furthermore, this use of like seems to appear most commonly, in particular, among natively English-speaking children and adolescents, while less so, or not at all, among middle-aged or elderly adults. One suggested explanation for this phenomenon is the argument that younger English speakers are still developing their linguistic competence, and, metalinguistically wishing to express ideas without sounding too confident, certain, or assertive, use like to fulfill this purpose.[3]

In pop culture, such colloquial applications of like (especially in verbal excess) are commonly and often comedically associated with Valley girls, as made famous through the song "Valley Girl" by Frank Zappa, released in 1982, and the film of the same name, released in the following year. The stereotyped "valley girl" language is an exaggeration of the variants of California English spoken by younger generations.

This non-traditional usage of the word has been around at least since the 1950s, introduced through beat and jazz culture. The beatnik character Maynard G. Krebs (Bob Denver) in the popular Dobie Gillis TV series of 1959-1963 brought the expression to prominence; this was reinforced in later decades by the character of Shaggy on Scooby-Doo (who was based on Krebs).

A very early use of this locution[citation needed] can be seen in a New Yorker cartoon of 15 September 1928, in which two young ladies are discussing a man's workplace: "What's he got - an awfice?" "No, he's got like a loft."

It is also used in the 1962 novel A Clockwork Orange by the narrator as part of his teenage slang and in the Top Cat cartoon series from 1961 to 1962 by the jazz beatnik type characters.

A common eye dialect spelling is lyk.

Examples
Like can be used in much the same way as "um..." or "er..." as a discourse particle. It has become common especially among North American teenagers to use the word "like" in this way; see Valspeak, discourse marker, and speech disfluency:

I, like, don't know what to do.
It is also becoming more often used (Northern England English, Hiberno-English and Welsh English in particular) at the end of a sentence, as an alternative to you know. This usage is sometimes considered to be a colloquial interjection and it implies a desire to remain calm and defuse tension:

I didn't say anything, like.
Just be cool, like.
Use of like as a filler has a long history in Scots English, as in Robert Louis Stevenson's 1886 novel Kidnapped:

'What'll like be your business, mannie?'
'What's like wrong with him?' said she at last.

Like can be used as hedge to indicate that the following phrase will be an approximation or exaggeration, or that the following words may not be quite right, but are close enough. It may indicate that the phrase in which it appears is to be taken metaphorically or as a hyperbole. This use of like is sometimes regarded as adverbial, as like is often synonymous here with adverbial phrases of approximation, such as "almost" or "more or less." Examples:

I have, like, no money.
The restaurant is only, like, five miles from here.
I, like, died!
They, like, hate you!
In the UK Reality Television Series Love Island the word ‘Like’ has been used an average of 300 times per episode, much to the annoyance of viewers. [5]

AtticusRex Game profile

Nov 3rd 2019, 4:18:59

[quote poster=Requiem; 47946; 919340]The word like has developed several non-traditional uses in informal speech. Especially since the late 20th century onward, it has appeared, in addition to its traditional uses, as a colloquialism across all dialects of spoken English, serving as a discourse particle, filler, hedge, speech disfluency, or other metalinguistic unit.[3] Although these particular colloquial uses of like appear to have become widespread rather recently, its use as a filler is a fairly old regional practice in Welsh English and, in Scotland, it was used similarly at least as early as the 19th century. It may also be used in a systemic format to allow individuals to introduce what they say, how they say and think.[4]

Despite such prevalence in modern-day spoken English, these colloquial usages of like rarely appear in writing (unless the writer is deliberately trying to replicate colloquial dialogue) and they have long been stigmatized in formal speech or in high cultural or high social settings. Furthermore, this use of like seems to appear most commonly, in particular, among natively English-speaking children and adolescents, while less so, or not at all, among middle-aged or elderly adults. One suggested explanation for this phenomenon is the argument that younger English speakers are still developing their linguistic competence, and, metalinguistically wishing to express ideas without sounding too confident, certain, or assertive, use like to fulfill this purpose.[3]

In pop culture, such colloquial applications of like (especially in verbal excess) are commonly and often comedically associated with Valley girls, as made famous through the song "Valley Girl" by Frank Zappa, released in 1982, and the film of the same name, released in the following year. The stereotyped "valley girl" language is an exaggeration of the variants of California English spoken by younger generations.

This non-traditional usage of the word has been around at least since the 1950s, introduced through beat and jazz culture. The beatnik character Maynard G. Krebs (Bob Denver) in the popular Dobie Gillis TV series of 1959-1963 brought the expression to prominence; this was reinforced in later decades by the character of Shaggy on Scooby-Doo (who was based on Krebs).

A very early use of this locution[citation needed] can be seen in a New Yorker cartoon of 15 September 1928, in which two young ladies are discussing a man's workplace: "What's he got - an awfice?" "No, he's got like a loft."

It is also used in the 1962 novel A Clockwork Orange by the narrator as part of his teenage slang and in the Top Cat cartoon series from 1961 to 1962 by the jazz beatnik type characters.

Examples
Like can be used in much the same way as "um..." or "er..." as a discourse particle. It has become common especially among North American teenagers to use the word "like" in this way; see Valspeak, discourse marker, and speech disfluency:

It is also becoming more often used (Northern England English, Hiberno-English and Welsh English in particular) at the end of a sentence, as an alternative to you know. This usage is sometimes considered to be a colloquial interjection and it implies a desire to remain calm and defuse tension:

Just be cool, like.
Use of like as a filler has a long history in Scots English, as in Robert Louis Stevenson's 1886 novel Kidnapped:

Like can be used as hedge to indicate that the following phrase will be an approximation or exaggeration, or that the following words may not be quite right, but are close enough. It may indicate that the phrase in which it appears is to be taken metaphorically or as a hyperbole. This use of like is sometimes regarded as adverbial, as like is often synonymous here with adverbial phrases of approximation, such as "almost" or "more or less." Examples:

I have, like, no money.
I, like, died!
They, like, hate you!
In the UK Reality Television Series Love Island the word ‘Like’ has been used an average of 300 times per episode, much to the annoyance of viewers. [5] [/quote]

Tldr

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 3rd 2019, 5:26:41

[quote poster=AtticusRex; 47946; 919345][quote poster=Requiem; 47946; 919340]The word like has developed several non-traditional uses in informal speech. Especially since the late 20th century onward, it has appeared, in addition to its traditional uses, as a colloquialism across all dialects of spoken English, serving as a discourse particle, filler, hedge, speech disfluency, or other metalinguistic unit.[3] Although these particular colloquial uses of like appear to have become widespread rather recently, its use as a filler is a fairly old regional practice in Welsh English and, in Scotland, it was used similarly at least as early as the 19th century. It may also be used in a systemic format to allow individuals to introduce what they say, how they say and think.[4]

Examples

Just be cool, like.

I have, like, no money.
I, like, died!
They, like, hate you!
In the UK Reality Television Series Love Island the word ‘Like’ has been used an average of 300 times per episode, much to the annoyance of viewers. [5] [/quote]

Tldr [/quote]

You broke the quote

Rick Game profile

Nov 3rd 2019, 15:48:40

Originally posted by Drow:
Savage is correct.
a suicider is someone who is intentionally going out of their way to harm a clan's game. we aren't talking small numbers of landgrabs here, we are talking the mass missile attacks, AB's, nukes, mass farming etc. the sort of thing a clan will only do to another clan during a war, when yes, the odds of them getting killed in return are fairly good. If you can't tell the difference, then there is something wrong with you.

Is a suicider someone who finds low defense high land targets and attacks them? This was the premise for a lot of our introduction into Earth2025. If a netter wants to net - go net. But if he's stocking 200k acres on 1m defense - then yes, as an opportunistic landgrabber I will take the hit. It's not alliance specific. Suicider still?

AtticusRex Game profile

Nov 3rd 2019, 18:55:15

[quote poster=Requiem; 47946; 919347][quote poster=AtticusRex; 47946; 919345][quote poster=Requiem; 47946; 919340]The word like has developed several non-traditional uses in informal speech. Especially since the late 20th century onward, it has appeared, in addition to its traditional uses, as a colloquialism across all dialects of spoken English, serving as a discourse particle, filler, hedge, speech disfluency, or other metalinguistic unit.[3] Although these particular colloquial uses of like appear to have become widespread rather recently, its use as a filler is a fairly old regional practice in Welsh English and, in Scotland, it was used similarly at least as early as the 19th century. It may also be used in a systemic format to allow individuals to introduce what they say, how they say and think.[4]

Examples

Just be cool, like.

I have, like, no money.
I, like, died!
They, like, hate you!

Tldr [/quote]

You broke the quote [/quote]

Your post broke the quote

Marshal Game profile

Nov 3rd 2019, 21:18:14

FFS

wall of quotes.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 3rd 2019, 21:55:29

Originally posted by Rick:
Savage is correct.
a suicider is someone who is intentionally going out of their way to harm a clan's game. we aren't talking small numbers of landgrabs here, we are talking the mass missile attacks, AB's, nukes, mass farming etc. the sort of thing a clan will only do to another clan during a war, when yes, the odds of them getting killed in return are fairly good. If you can't tell the difference, then there is something wrong with you.

Is a suicider someone who finds low defense high land targets and attacks them? This was the premise for a lot of our introduction into Earth2025. If a netter wants to net - go net. But if he's stocking 200k acres on 1m defense - then yes, as an opportunistic landgrabber I will take the hit. It's not alliance specific. Suicider still?

What about 10m defence? what about 20m defence? What about 200k acres with 30m turrets, 3m tanks 140% weaps tech? Either way all you need is to stock about 100m bushels, convert it to tanks and oil and you make them a parking lot. Stocking 100m bushels is FAR FAR easier than getting 200k acres and those numbers mind you, most players never made that much and pretty much everyone stocks 100m+ bushels every reset.

What if it had 6m tanks? what about 10m tanks? well its still easy to break but if you get that many tanks you go from having 120-150 non-GDI bots in humanitarians range to maybe 20-40 which means you wont be able to grow once those bots are in heavy DR+C:C DR. And you would still be vulnerable to spy ops, missiles and guerilla strikes even then.

AtticusRex Game profile

Nov 4th 2019, 1:24:55

Originally posted by Marshal:
FFS

wall of quotes.

Ffs, where's my land?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2019, 1:35:58

Originally posted by Gerdler:
What about 10m defence? what about 20m defence? What about 200k acres with 30m turrets, 3m tanks 140% weaps tech? Either way all you need is to stock about 100m bushels, convert it to tanks and oil and you make them a parking lot. Stocking 100m bushels is FAR FAR easier than getting 200k acres and those numbers mind you, most players never made that much and pretty much everyone stocks 100m+ bushels every reset.

What if it had 6m tanks? what about 10m tanks? well its still easy to break but if you get that many tanks you go from having 120-150 non-GDI bots in humanitarians range to maybe 20-40 which means you wont be able to grow once those bots are in heavy DR+C:C DR. And you would still be vulnerable to spy ops, missiles and guerilla strikes even then.

That even is leaving out the fact that you can have 3 offensive allies but only two defensive... If their goal is to top feed.

Helllrush

Nov 4th 2019, 3:57:35

Lots of whinging going on in this thread.

The community needs to self police when it comes to suiciders - not cry to the mods/admins.

Out the suicider publicly on AT for any and all clans to hit, hire MERCS or someone to kill them for you (if you're a bunch of tree hugging poo-sies like EVO), or just handle your own business and kill them yourselves.

Absolutely, 100% make this entire server unfriendly to suiciders. Stop laughing at other clans who get griefed on then cry when it happens to you later. If you don't step up and own the server as the community of players and clans then don't be a fluffing sook when your goals are kicked out of your hands by some fluffhead player like hellrush.

Have you lot always been a bunch of pansies needing protection from Mom & Dad Mods?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 4th 2019, 6:04:00

That even is leaving out the fact that you can have 3 offensive allies but only two defensive... If their goal is to top feed.

You forgot the 50% PS bonus.

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2019, 6:53:11

Originally posted by Chevs:
Nobody likes you

I agree, fluff off.
Don of LaF

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2019, 6:53:48

Can someone tldr?
Don of LaF

Makinso Game profile

Nov 4th 2019, 6:54:50

Originally posted by Gerdler:

You forgot the 50% PS bonus.

Smart suïcider with little self respect don’t PS much

Helllrush

Nov 4th 2019, 8:45:35

Can someone tldr?

1. "Suiciding sucks! It's ruining the game!"
2. "The Mods/Admin should do something about this!"
3. "People should just do something about it themselves."
4. "I have a foot fetish."
5. "What about this dumb idea?" (the idea is dumb)

Chevs

Nov 6th 2019, 12:17:48

I love how Gerd basically makes the argument that landgrabbing a 0 def 400k acre country one time is the same as getting AB’d into a parking lot while holding 6m tanks.

Nice slight of hand loser

Does anyone actually buy that nonsense and agree with that premise ?

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2019, 17:39:56

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Tie accounts to devices MAC addresses, and permaban the MAC address.

oh my sweet summer child...

Hey now, no need to be condescending just because I am not tech savvy.

You could just have said it wouldn't work?

Like Marshal did.

ACHEIVEMENT GET: Make a worse post than Marshal!

Drow Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 2:29:44

Originally posted by Rick:
Savage is correct.

Depends whether you take 10, 20 or 30 hits, or take just one or two. in the former, that's suiciding, in the latter case, that's good landgrabbing.
I already stated I believe that someone should have at least reasonable defence to the countries around you, or if I haven't, then I am now.
How much that is can vary set to set, and how big your country is, how much of the server is warring, how much is grabbing, how likely someone is to FS/blindside your alliance, etc etc.

Retired Earth type.

archaic Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 21:13:00

Yep, having lots of defense just makes you fluffty at netting, it doesn't really protect you all that much.

TAN and I both suicided Laf very much for political reasons when Eugene and Candy were both very public about their desire to drive PDM off of the server. It wasn't the result of any particular attack or spy-op, it was retaliation for a year long campaign of aggression.

Griefing is different, it's when certain fluffters like the one that keeps spamming this thread deliberately ruin the play experience for random players because they derive entertainment from destroying other people's work.

I know the difference between political game play motivated terrorism and griefing, but I'm not sure I trust the dev team or mods to be able to interpret that distinction.

Get rid of the restart bonus, it was a horrible idea- let it die. That will go a long way towards limiting the damage griefers are able to do.

Edited By: archaic on Nov 8th 2019, 17:00:08
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

trumpoz Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 21:49:55

Originally posted by archaic:
Yep, having lots of defense just makes you fluffty at netting, it doesn't really protect you all that much.

TAN and I both suicides Laf very much for political reasons when Eugene and Candy were both very public about their desire to drive PDM off of the server. It wasn't the result of any particular attack or spy-op, it was retaliation for a year long campaign of aggression.

Griefing is different, it's when certain fluffters like the one that keeps spamming this thread deliberately ruin the play experience for random players because they derive entertainment from destroying other people's work.

I know the difference between political game play motivated terrorism and griefing, but I'm not sure I trust the dev team or mods to be able to interpret that distinction.

Get rid of the restart bonus, it was a horrible idea- let it die. That will go a long way towards limiting the damage griefers are able to do.

Restart bonus needs to go - 1 half-assed country can generate enough to go on 3-4 topfeeding runs before running out of steam. There will always be players in alliances that are slow to get the message to def up, are away or just run the gauntlet if someone goes after them.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 22:30:11

Originally posted by trumpoz:
Originally posted by archaic:

TAN and I both suicides Laf very much for political reasons when Eugene and Candy were both very public about their desire to drive PDM off of the server. It wasn't the result of any particular attack or spy-op, it was retaliation for a year long campaign of aggression.

Restart bonus needs to go - 1 half-assed country can generate enough to go on 3-4 topfeeding runs before running out of steam. There will always be players in alliances that are slow to get the message to def up, are away or just run the gauntlet if someone goes after them.

Yes I've stated that many times, it is the biggest weapon they have.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Drow Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 1:47:12

I don't neccessarily think the mods SHOULD do something about suiciders. As I say, they're a part of the game, and it's on the members of alliances to make themselves as unattractive as possible a target.
I also don't see someone PS'ing a land fat, defence extra thin target once or twice a suicide.
I also believe that if you farm fluff out of someone, as a member of alliance, and they turn around and turn you into a parking lot, that that is ALSO your own fault.
In short, don't be a fluff.

Retired Earth type.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 3:12:16

I don't neccessarily think the mods SHOULD do something about suiciders. As I say, they're a part of the game, and it's on the members of alliances to make themselves as unattractive as possible a target.
I also don't see someone PS'ing a land fat, defence extra thin target once or twice a suicide.
I also believe that if you farm fluff out of someone, as a member of alliance, and they turn around and turn you into a parking lot, that that is ALSO your own fault.

I agree and by the same token they shouldn't be rewarded with a ridiculously off balance restart bonus that simply allows them to immediately come back and do their shenanigans.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Drow Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 4:54:22

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I agree and by the same token they shouldn't be rewarded with a ridiculously off balance restart bonus that simply allows them to immediately come back and do their shenanigans.

Situational. If an alliance killed someone as a "suicider" for PS'ing one of their members once or twice who had no def, then by all means I believe they SHOULD be able to bounce back and give them some shenanigans in return, otherwise, you're effectively encouraging people to play with no defence for example.

Retired Earth type.

trumpoz Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 6:54:19

Situational. If an alliance killed someone as a "suicider" for PS'ing one of their members once or twice who had no def, then by all means I believe they SHOULD be able to bounce back and give them some shenanigans in return, otherwise, you're effectively encouraging people to play with no defence for example.

Which is what happens nowadays. Maybe some of us just outdated. The levels of defense relied on by some players is little more than prayer.

Onthe other hand.

The game is weighted to the attacker - in reality a 5- minute a day techer can stock enough to screw multiple countries through farming, missiles or AB/BR, even if they had good defence levels. It's a balancing act. The proposed GDI looks like it won't kick in unless minimum defence levels are maintained.

The shennanigans a few resets ago is an example of ridiculous the restart bonus is as well.

Edited By: trumpoz on Nov 8th 2019, 6:58:46

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 13:11:58

@primeval i was mainly trolling and i answered galleri who cant be a mod on alliance as she is playing a country on the alliance server. so doesnt matter how much i would ask her to do as she cant.

I have asked galleri to do a few things to/for me :P

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 13:23:44

Remove the OFFENSE alliance and increase the DEFENSE alliance to four. Do not remove the RESTART BONUS, just reduce it.

Kanye-Sui 2024

Chevs

Nov 8th 2019, 16:37:53

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Remove the OFFENSE alliance and increase the DEFENSE alliance to four. Do not remove the RESTART BONUS, just reduce it.

Kanye-Sui 2024

youre missing the point. LaF wants to hold 0 turrets and not get hit. they just use that and anything as an excuse...

like i said above...they see no difference between 1 landgrab and 100 ABs so why even bother trying to find common ground if they are that far gone in their entitlement

SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 18:16:11

Kanye-Sui 2024

That would possibly move the game towards a little more balance between offense and defense. I think it has merits, both your points. I too think that there can be a restart bonus but its far too powerful now.

Originally posted by Chevs:
youre missing the point. LaF wants to hold 0 turrets and not get hit. they just use that and anything as an excuse...

like i said above...they see no difference between 1 landgrab and 100 ABs so why even bother trying to find common ground if they are that far gone in their entitlement

Do you even post about anyone else than us nowadays?

First off no one has run 0 turrets when they were hit. You told me that when you grabbed En4cer you had to spend every bit of your stock on jets/oil to break him and he ran exceptionally low defence compared to what we normally run in LaF. You were a restart tho. These people who sit untagged and stock all set to do maximal damage can't be stopped with defence, stating the opposite meerely demonstrates your naivity.

Further, no one has ever stated that 1 landgrab is equal to 100 ABs or anything of the sort. WTF is wrong with you Chevs, still pissed we wouldn't let you into LaF?

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 1:00:22

All my points have merit

Drow Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 2:51:16

Originally posted by trumpoz:

Absolutely. Honestly, there's a reasonable level though, where the balance between netting and being a massive target balances out some. the idea being to sit in that bracket, where yeah, if someone is dedicated or determined to hit you, they can and will, however, you are not making yourself a blatant target either.
I also believe that complaining when you get obliterated for farming someone needs to stop too. you 5 step, 10 step, 20 hit someone, you're asking for whatever you get in return, plain and simple, whether target is tagged or untagged.

Which is what happens nowadays. Maybe some of us just outdated. The levels of defense relied on by some players is little more than prayer.

Onthe other hand.

The game is weighted to the attacker - in reality a 5- minute a day techer can stock enough to screw multiple countries through farming, missiles or AB/BR, even if they had good defence levels. It's a balancing act. The proposed GDI looks like it won't kick in unless minimum defence levels are maintained.

The shennanigans a few resets ago is an example of ridiculous the restart bonus is as well.

Retired Earth type.

Drow Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 2:53:59

Kanye-Sui 2024

Not so much. then you skew the game too heavily in the favour of the defender, meaning someone trying to take a retal can't.

2 offensive and 3 defensive.

Retired Earth type.

Boltar Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 4:15:20

Originally posted by Hellrush:
Originally posted by Savage:
Originally posted by Hellrush:
There are no suiciders. If you label people a suicider you most also label clans that hit other clans suiciders.

If it’s a solo country or a clan of 20+ members it’s still a war. If your crying about it you shouldn’t be playing a war game and go back to playing FarmVille where you won’t ever get hit.

Earth Empires is a war game and you will get hit by other player it’s the way war games work.

The developer disagrees with you. The game is a war game, netting game, political game, it is what you make it. If your only purpose of playing the game is to antagonize other players call it what you want but it’s not good.

Not the solos fault if you can’t look after your investment.

I see people hold 47 million plus oil on hand and cry about it when someone runs spy ops and takes it. If they put it on the market like others it wouldn’t have happened.

I have seen people run no tanks and get ABed to hell. How hard is it to get a few tanks to look after your investment?

I have seen people hold 100s of millions of food on hand just to have no troops and get it GSed away.

So stop being a newbie and start looking after your investment. It’s only your fault if you get hit for being a juice target for others to hit. Only you can look after your own investment no one else.

And then you have me i had 10m turrets, 3m tanks @ 130% weapons last set and i was still ABd for 50+k acres. doesnt matter how much defense you get, if someone is after you they are after you.

Was the one who hit u, the Evo guy?