Verified:

Chevs

Nov 6th 2019, 13:00:24

Against non bots in a non arranged fashion

You are a fluffing suicider and a griefer and you are scum and don’t deserve to play this game. Kindly leave immediately you are ruining my playing experience.

If you don’t agree with me and stick around I’m going to cry to the admins to make sure they make changes to the game so you stop playing

Also why can’t we get more players? I think we need more bots! land has been tough this set I want to break the NW record so I can jerk off to my EE profile!!!
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 6th 2019, 14:00:25

You make these weird assumptions about what netters want in order to delegitimize them. Classic trick when you lack arguements of your own.

I have argued for fewer bots a few sets ago since land was too easy when the bots were increased from 100 to 250 at first. Mods, admins and regular players of the warring AND netting kind responded to a thread I started, with a suggestion to lower the bot numbers. They all remember that and the thread still exists.
But the addition of 150 bots made more players play the alliance server and a greater number of them are grabbing on a regular basis. So it kind of regulated itself, at least after QZ increase the defences of the bots. So now land is more or less just right, therefore I now think the number of bots is just right.

In fact I have not seen any netter in alliance argue for more bots since the time it was changed (March 2018?) from 100 to 250.

If the bots are farmed too hard the DR maxes out and you just need to look at their acreage to know which bot gives most land. This is really really bad and that was the situation more or less at 100 bots in 1a. It doesn't matter if returns are 50 or 500 acres on average, what matters is if there is potential to outplay your competition, which there wasn't back then, more or less.
When grabbing is one-dimensional, like that, it is boring and fewer people play, and even fewer people bother to grab. That change brought a few dozen players to the game eventually.

If bots are too plentyful you get a situation where the DR on most bots, perhaps only in certain stages of the reset or all of the reset, is <2.0. And since DR doesnt affect returns at below 2.0 DR you would then again only need to look at the acreage of the bots to see which bot gives most land. This is the case lategame during large war resets when LaF wars, and this means grabbing has no skill component (apart from guessing breaks perhaps).
Adding more bots wouldn't do anything but inflate NWs and potentially make grabbing more one-dimensional, simple, if you will.

In this discussion, as many others, netters are the ones with sensible suggestions derived from sound logical reasoning that are meant to be good for everyone who plays the game while a select few people only strive to derail the discussion.

Chevs

Nov 6th 2019, 23:18:47

couple things

1. why does this post say 10 posts

[quote poster=Gerdler; 47990; 919879] this means grabbing has no skill component (apart from guessing breaks perhaps).
/quote]

Doesnt LaF have a grabbing tool that tells you the expected acreage for a grab and which targets will give the most land based on DR etc? how is that skill just blindly following the tool? you have tools that the rest of us dont that take the skill out of it, so thats pretty fcking ironic/hilarious.

3. I'm netting, not sure why youre insinuating im going after my fellow comrades

4. i wasnt arguing for more bots i guess that shouldnt have been in there, it was more supposed to be satire post on how sad the current state of EE is that over half the server seems to want to get rid of the spy and war room tabs for Human v Human
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 6th 2019, 23:37:26

Anyone: *Posts well thought out points A, B, C, and irreverent/throwaway comment 'D'*

Gerdler: "You are stupid! Point D is so stupid!!!"

Symbolic Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 0:12:32

Can't we make is 2006 again and have RAGE vs IX and Co again :D

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 7th 2019, 0:35:36

Originally posted by Symbolic:

Let's go!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 0:39:09

Originally posted by Symbolic:

a little tear rolled down my cheek just thinking of the good ole' days ... a very little tear

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 0:41:08

Welcome back Chevs!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 1:04:44

^^

Drow Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 2:24:27

*waves*

Retired Earth type.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 7th 2019, 7:15:29

Originally posted by Chevs:

Doesnt LaF have a grabbing tool that tells you the expected acreage for a grab and which targets will give the most land based on DR etc?

No we dont, but we would like to have that.

For the past 2 years other alliances have actually had better tools than LaF when it comes to grabbing. Ours is decent, tho no where near as perfect as you describe it (atm at least).

how is that skill just blindly following the tool? you have tools that the rest of us dont that take the skill out of it, so thats pretty fcking ironic/hilarious.

What takes more skill:
1. doing one decent grab
OR all of the below
2. a) reverse engineering the NW modifyer for grabbing returns
b) understanding and connecting together the DR formula, C:C DR formula and ghost unit formula, based on experimentation and cryptic posts on the announcement boards that dont tell the entire story of how they work.

You catch a fish with your bare hands and you yell insults at the people who invented the fishing rod.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 8:39:17

[quote poster=Gerdler; 47990; 920018]

Doesnt LaF have a grabbing tool that tells you the expected acreage for a grab and which targets will give the most land based on DR etc?

Careful what you wish for

Oceana Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 9:05:37

He wants a fishing net

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 7th 2019, 13:02:09

Here in West Virginia, we can catch more fish with dynamite or a megger than with a fishing rod :P

Chevs

Nov 7th 2019, 13:22:47

why dont you post screenshots of your grabbing tool then, cause im pretty certain you are lying.
SOF Head Of Poop

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 7th 2019, 15:09:31

SUBMIT TO fluff
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 20:09:42

why dont you post screenshots of your grabbing tool then, cause im pretty certain you are lying.

Why would we?
Have you asked for screenshots of what the other alliances have for tools?
Why do you have such a hardon for LaF? cant you just go pester some other alliance?
Don of LaF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 22:07:35

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 7th 2019, 23:02:19

Originally posted by Requiem:

This explains why I know the songs to the following:
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Vamperina
Minnie's Boutique
And much much more

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 23:26:54

Originally posted by galleri:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Vamperina
Minnie's Boutique
And much much more

As expected, if you're going to carry Requiem you need to be able to sing to him....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2019, 23:38:29

Carry me, Galleri!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 0:34:40

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by galleri:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Vamperina
Minnie's Boutique
And much much more

As expected, if you're going to carry Requiem you need to be able to sing to him....
Carry me, Galleri!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY7hFRg2jvw

I haven't carried Req since Jo Jo siwa was born....

Welcome back galleri!

Edited By: galleri on Nov 8th 2019, 0:37:02

Chevs

Nov 8th 2019, 0:39:05

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Why would we?
Why do you have such a hardon for LaF? cant you just go pester some other alliance?

My point is that it’s pretty rich coming from Gerd whining about unfairness and equal playing field when playing in LaF objectively takes less skill than anywhere else since your tools are better.
SOF Head Of Poop

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 0:42:29

Chevs,
Do you like Jo Jo Ciwa?
Asking for a friend (Req)

Welcome back galleri! and Chevs!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 0:43:56

Why would we?

My point is that it’s pretty rich coming from Gerd whining about unfairness and equal playing field when playing in LaF objectively takes less skill than anywhere else since your tools are better.

What's stopping anyone else from making and using a tool? What does that say about YOU?
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 1:00:47

Actual LaF grabbing tool

https://imgur.com/F0JRo3P

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 1:04:46

Lolz

Drow Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 1:40:07

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Here in West Virginia, we can catch more fish with dynamite or a megger than with a fishing rod :P

megger???

Retired Earth type.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 4:18:55

Why would we?

I have used another alliance's grabbing tool over a year ago and I have seen it develop since and it is better than ours atm. I won't out the alliance but it should be pretty well known by now since they had that grabbing tool for over 2 years already and people have joined and left since. BUT since DR is actually an unknowable unknown for every bot, and breaks vary with bot types and between bots of the same type as well you can't make the process totally automatic and there will always be skill in grabbing due to this.

Do you suggest that LaFers are not great grabbers in primary, express and tournament or what?

Only 2 players have gotten over 80m NW in express, and only 3 players have gotten over 40m NW in tournament, and they were all LaFers: Ebert and I for express; ingle, h2o and I in tournament. You know it would be exceptionally impressive if we did that even tho we were bad at grabbing, that would mean we have start-ups+ turn management+stocking/destocking far beyond anyone else. I would prefer that but we don't.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 4:26:23

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Why would we?

I have used another alliance's grabbing tool over a year ago and I have seen it develop since and it is better than ours atm. I won't out the alliance but it should be pretty well known by now since they had that grabbing tool for over 2 years already and people have joined and left since. BUT since DR is actually an unknowable unknown for every bot, and breaks vary with bot types and between bots of the same type as well you can't make the process totally automatic and there will always be skill in grabbing due to this.

Do you suggest that LaFers are not great grabbers in primary, express and tournament or what?

Only 2 players have gotten over 80m NW in express, and only 3 players have gotten over 40m NW in tournament, and they were all LaFers: Ebert and I for express; ingle, h2o and I in tournament. You know it would be exceptionally impressive if we did that even tho we were bad at grabbing, that would mean we have start-ups+ turn management+stocking/destocking far beyond anyone else. I would prefer that but we don't.

Relax lah just had a very impressive win in Primary finishing over 110m NW with a hybrid, add him to that list.
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 4:32:38

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Why would we?

What's stopping anyone else from making and using a tool? What does that say about YOU?

missing his point.. his point was someone with a advantage be it tools or anything else.. doesnt really have a right to fluff and moan about having a unfair disadvantage of something else

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 6:39:19

Unfair? If we take the time to reverse engineer game formulas and/or make strategies around it how is it unfair lol?

Not everyone know the ratios and steps to an oil destock still, because some people elected to do the math and figure that out a couple of years ago, and the optimal steps have not been leaked to everyone. It's the same way as LaF and SoF both have a guide for how to set up a wave-kill as we used to call it(on our strat board from like 2012 or so) or a "speedkill(tm)" as you call it, but SOL most likely has not, and neither do elders or stones. You don't share intel/strategies/formulas that you have worked hard for, if you did there wouldn't really be a point to working hard for it. Everyone tries to get their own advantages and that is what makes competition, be it in war or in netting.

When you can't accuse us of anything else you blow a gasket because we do math. Math that others are doing as well, sometimes better than us.

I already told you other alliances have better tools than us when it comes to grabbing and has for the past 2 years. They built that and kept it for themselves (which is their right) and several dozen people have used it since. A year ago we were using eestats and boxcar exclusively for our grabbing and we still beat these guys most of the time. This shows that you don't care if anyone else has something you don't, only if LaF does.
Since we still won the game and crowded out the t10 back when we used only eestats and boxcar there it shows also that there is certainly skills that can't be matched by any tools anyone presently has.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 13:31:41

Alliances developing tools for their own use has been in this game ever since mehul made an actual api feed. The only way for everyone to have the same tool(s) would be if the developers baked it into the game itself.

Boltar Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 13:44:51

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Unfair? If we take the time to reverse engineer game formulas and/or make strategies around it how is it unfair lol?

Not everyone know the ratios and steps to an oil destock still, because some people elected to do the math and figure that out a couple of years ago, and the optimal steps have not been leaked to everyone. It's the same way as LaF and SoF both have a guide for how to set up a wave-kill as we used to call it(on our strat board from like 2012 or so) or a "speedkill(tm)" as you call it, but SOL most likely has not, and neither do elders or stones. You don't share intel/strategies/formulas that you have worked hard for, if you did there wouldn't really be a point to working hard for it. Everyone tries to get their own advantages and that is what makes competition, be it in war or in netting.

When you can't accuse us of anything else you blow a gasket because we do math. Math that others are doing as well, sometimes better than us.

I already told you other alliances have better tools than us when it comes to grabbing and has for the past 2 years. They built that and kept it for themselves (which is their right) and several dozen people have used it since. A year ago we were using eestats and boxcar exclusively for our grabbing and we still beat these guys most of the time. This shows that you don't care if anyone else has something you don't, only if LaF does.
Since we still won the game and crowded out the t10 back when we used only eestats and boxcar there it shows also that there is certainly skills that can't be matched by any tools anyone presently has.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong honestly don't care either way just stating his point was missed

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 13:46:26

It’s not a valid point boltar that’s the issue.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 13:49:26

Or maybe his point is moot since anyone can make a tool and use it, just because you use a tool doesn't make you less skilled than those who don't.
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 14:03:30

I feel his point isn't moot at all it wasn't a argument about the tool in itself it was about the person and his actions/words.

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2019, 15:33:14

There are already more than enough tools here

Chevs

Nov 8th 2019, 16:33:07

Originally posted by Boltar:
I feel his point isn't moot at all it wasn't a argument about the tool in itself it was about the person and his actions/words.

this.

i could care less about the tool, my point is gerd is a raging hypocrite who jerks off to his earthempires profile.

everytime i make a point you soddomites cherrypick something that has nothing to do with my actual argument
SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2019, 16:52:49

You jerk off far more to me than I do to my profile I think. Your obsession is flattering.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2019, 21:05:23

Why would we?

So because i spend part of my free time with making tools/irc bots and so on for LaF its unfair?
Should i complain that sof have their own awesome speedkilling bot or the awesome site that sof have compared to boxcar.
or any other alliance for that matter like evos awesome graphs, somealliance grabbing tools, rivals irc server and website, sols market stuff.

every alliance have their own things they have made for their alliance, if you feel your alliance should have the same information perhaps you should develop them yourself instead of crying about how unfair it is?
everyone have access to the same raw data, how you use it is up to you.

Edited By: Mr Gainsboro on Nov 8th 2019, 21:11:02. Reason: masked the alliance that do awesome grabbing tools
Don of LaF

Boltar Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 0:05:56

Why would we?

So because i spend part of my free time with making tools/irc bots and so on for LaF its unfair?
Should i complain that sof have their own awesome speedkilling bot or the awesome site that sof have compared to boxcar.
or any other alliance for that matter like evos awesome graphs, somealliance grabbing tools, rivals irc server and website, sols market stuff.

every alliance have their own things they have made for their alliance, if you feel your alliance should have the same information perhaps you should develop them yourself instead of crying about how unfair it is?

U said speedkill. That's a Registered trademark. U owe a charity $1.99 of ur choosing for using a registered trademark.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 0:21:01

Originally posted by reddog:
new boner page

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 0:21:55

Originally posted by reddog:
new boner page

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 0:22:32

Fail

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 0:22:34

whats up with that? No new boner page :(

Drow Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 0:52:13

no boner page for you!

Retired Earth type.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 1:12:40

Originally posted by Boltar:

Why would we?

U said speedkill. That's a Registered trademark. U owe a charity $1.99 of ur choosing for using a registered trademark.

Pay the Piper!
(•_•)

Drow Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 3:08:02

pay me in beer dammit!

Retired Earth type.

Chevs

Nov 9th 2019, 17:47:48

Gains I’m not the one complaining about unfairness

I’m just saying don’t fluffing complain when you already have a massive edge
SOF Head Of Poop