Verified:

Lord Slayer Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 15:15:40

I'm sure this has been stated and shot down, but the solution shouldn't be that hard.

If there is a suicide that is unprovoked(that can be determined what that means) suicider gets deleted, country that was suicided on gets rolled back to before the suicide.

In this way, suicider does not accomplish anything, and the person suidided on doesn't lose anything.

Now in doing this, there would have to be some well defined rulesets, but I still think we can keep that pretty simple.
IF there has been no exchange of hits/spy opts(harmful) this set, it is unprovoked.
IF there are hits greater than (insert # here) by the tag, suicider can hit anyone in the tag.
Anything from previous sets would be considered unprovoked attacks, as we should wipe the slate clean each set.

If the damage the suicider does has no impact on the person's country, there is no point.
You will still have those hiding waiting for someone to hit them and then suicide, that's okay, hit bots, and it adds some risk back to this game.
It does not take care of the waring clans, but I don't find that as an issue.

Disclaimer, I've no idea what it would take for coding to be able to do a rollback for a country, but it would be the best way to prevent suiciders.

sinistril Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 16:34:06

The problem is people have redefined suiciding to be griefing, which is roughly defined as anytime a good player is hit by another player. This definition, of course, only holds when that good player is in a clan of a large enough size to defend itself without the need for admin intervention. If a good player is untagged or in a small tag, then they may be farmed at will due to the fact that might makes right. So even with this suggestion, and I do think it's a reasonable suggestion, people would still complain about the state of griefing in EE.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Savage Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 17:29:00

Originally posted by sinistril:
The problem is people have redefined suiciding to be griefing, which is roughly defined as anytime a good player is hit by another player. This definition, of course, only holds when that good player is in a clan of a large enough size to defend itself without the need for admin intervention. If a good player is untagged or in a small tag, then they may be farmed at will due to the fact that might makes right. So even with this suggestion, and I do think it's a reasonable suggestion, people would still complain about the state of griefing in EE.

Honestly your pretty off base here. Who specifically has issues with being hit by other tags? Nobody likes it, you can mess up a reset with a grab but that not what netting tags have issue with. By and large tag/tag grabs don’t happen often and are usually dealt with by pacts or pre existing norms.

You can get into the weeds a bit here if an untagged goes off and does multiple LG’s off a potential top finisher. Is that deserving of death? Likely. There is an imbalance for netters.
We can try an experiment, the two of us can create countries. You try to get a top 5 and I’ll try and stop you. Let’s see who accomplishes their goal.

If you cannot even try for a top finish there is an issue.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 30th 2019, 17:49:25

Who is to define rules of what a suicider is? There are so many reasons they could give us and then that falls into a fine grey area.
Also, this would mean we would spend more time trying to hunt down and delete over and over and over. I would give a few descriptions but it would mean I might give folks some ideas. So I don't want to give ideas or how the mod tools work.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Badde Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 19:31:24

Tie accounts to devices MAC addresses, and permaban the MAC address.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2019, 20:07:22

Originally posted by Badde:
Tie accounts to devices MAC addresses, and permaban the MAC address.

oh my sweet summer child...

Marshal Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 20:23:41

besides what Gallery said devs have stated million times that there won't be any rollbacks since it wouldn't just affect 1 country, it'd affect whole server.

badde: mac address can be changed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dibs_10302019 Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 21:16:47

How many damn suiciders are left to deal with if there are only 467 countries in play?
Some people must have been very naughty in previous resets...

Marshal Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 21:37:31

Originally posted by Dibs_10302019:
How many damn suiciders are left to deal with if there are only 467 countries in play?
Some people must have been very naughty in previous resets...

enuf to ruin few players-1 tag's netting set.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:14:32

There are no suiciders. If you label people a suicider you most also label clans that hit other clans suiciders.

If it’s a solo country or a clan of 20+ members it’s still a war. If your crying about it you shouldn’t be playing a war game and go back to playing FarmVille where you won’t ever get hit.

Earth Empires is a war game and you will get hit by other player it’s the way war games work.

Lord Slayer Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:16:12

Galleri I'd keep it as simple as possible if there was no act of aggression this set by country, or clan a, and country b makes specialty attacks, or 2 lgs on a country x amount bigger than them just for the purpose to scew that country over, this happens. Delete, not ban, so then they can restart with no restart bonus.

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:23:10

Originally posted by Lord Slayer:
Galleri I'd keep it as simple as possible if there was no act of aggression this set by country, or clan a, and country b makes specialty attacks, or 2 lgs on a country x amount bigger than them just for the purpose to scew that country over, this happens. Delete, not ban, so then they can restart with no restart bonus.

Better be deleting Clans for attacking other clans too.

1 country or a clan it’s still a war just deal with it. This is a war game after all.

Savage Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:23:43

Originally posted by Hellrush:
There are no suiciders. If you label people a suicider you most also label clans that hit other clans suiciders.

If it’s a solo country or a clan of 20+ members it’s still a war. If your crying about it you shouldn’t be playing a war game and go back to playing FarmVille where you won’t ever get hit.

Earth Empires is a war game and you will get hit by other player it’s the way war games work.

The developer disagrees with you. The game is a war game, netting game, political game, it is what you make it. If your only purpose of playing the game is to antagonize other players call it what you want but it’s not good.

Drow Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:34:16

Savage is correct.
a suicider is someone who is intentionally going out of their way to harm a clan's game. we aren't talking small numbers of landgrabs here, we are talking the mass missile attacks, AB's, nukes, mass farming etc. the sort of thing a clan will only do to another clan during a war, when yes, the odds of them getting killed in return are fairly good. If you can't tell the difference, then there is something wrong with you.

Retired Earth type.

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:35:00

Originally posted by Savage:

The developer disagrees with you. The game is a war game, netting game, political game, it is what you make it. If your only purpose of playing the game is to antagonize other players call it what you want but it’s not good.

Not the solos fault if you can’t look after your investment.

I see people hold 47 million plus oil on hand and cry about it when someone runs spy ops and takes it. If they put it on the market like others it wouldn’t have happened.

I have seen people run no tanks and get ABed to hell. How hard is it to get a few tanks to look after your investment?

I have seen people hold 100s of millions of food on hand just to have no troops and get it GSed away.

So stop being a newbie and start looking after your investment. It’s only your fault if you get hit for being a juice target for others to hit. Only you can look after your own investment no one else.

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:37:16

Originally posted by Drow:
Savage is correct.
a suicider is someone who is intentionally going out of their way to harm a clan's game. we aren't talking small numbers of landgrabs here, we are talking the mass missile attacks, AB's, nukes, mass farming etc. the sort of thing a clan will only do to another clan during a war, when yes, the odds of them getting killed in return are fairly good. If you can't tell the difference, then there is something wrong with you.

I say there is something wrong with you. I have been in war clans where we FSed a netting clan just to burn there food stocks and screw with them. (BTW that clans still here)

Savage Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 22:56:45

I see people hold 47 million plus oil on hand and cry about it when someone runs spy ops and takes it. If they put it on the market like others it wouldn’t have happened.

I have seen people run no tanks and get ABed to hell. How hard is it to get a few tanks to look after your investment?

I have seen people hold 100s of millions of food on hand just to have no troops and get it GSed away.

So stop being a newbie and start looking after your investment. It’s only your fault if you get hit for being a juice target for others to hit. Only you can look after your own investment no one else.

So what’s an acceptable level of defense then? Someone has 100k tanks and they’ll get left alone? 500k? 1,000,000? It doesn’t matter. If someone wants to screw with you they will find a way.

I’m not going to argue that it’s a bad idea to keep a lot of stock at home.

What clan was that Hellrush? You had a group of people FS for no reason other then to burn stock but 99% of people place any relevant stock on the market. Calling BS there

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 23:11:23

SoL vs Tie wasn’t the first time too.

Savage Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 23:22:40

SoL fs’d TiE to burn their food stock? I can’t see that happening at all. I can see a clan attacked just because (or you manufacture a reason), it used to happen often. But to burn bushel stock? Nope.

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 23:26:55

We did TIE was netting Soler where bored so we FSed tie and we GSed guys to watch stocks burn. Once there stocks got low we hit a different target and left the countries alive. We wanted to see who could burn the most food in a hit.

Savage Game profile

Oct 30th 2019, 23:48:32

I could see this having a kernel of truth to it. You had a couple of countries with stock home you hit. Having it be someone where a majority had their stocks home seem highly unlikely. In the event that it happened it seems like a gutless move, congrats.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 0:09:15

Originally posted by Drow:
Savage is correct.

So what if said clan detags a few players to mess up their enemy pre-war or pre netting competition tot get an advantage.....
Is that suiciding? Is it politics? Is it war? If you label it suiciding do you delete the whole group/clan that instigated it?
Going on a ban spree for "suiciding" can get really iffy real quick. Have to tread really carefully.

The problem with suiciding (like netting like war) is the same as it is for all problems. PLAYERS. Or better said the lack there of. It's simple if you have 2000 players you'll have 200 suicidable netters. Chances on the same people being singled out for suiciding a few sets in a row are slim. (Unless specifically targetted on 1 person. But in general history that's pretty rare).
400 players only truly gives 10 - 20 top netters which are "worth" suiciding on. Thus the same guys get fluffed on a regular basis. Countering that with bans/deletions etc doesn't make that go away. Getting more active players will not make suiciding go away. But it will divide the burden. WHich also goes to say for "victims of war" to speak in netters terms.

As for SOL doing the bushel stock raid thing to netters, we did it rival in old earth. I can't remember doing it to TIE.

Helllrush

Oct 31st 2019, 0:36:31

We did TIE was netting Soler where bored so we FSed tie and we GSed guys to watch stocks burn. Once there stocks got low we hit a different target and left the countries alive. We wanted to see who could burn the most food in a hit.

So THIS is why we are an asshole?

Uncle James Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 0:43:47

Just make it where you can only run one ss or one ps a day per country and no more than 5 of any other kind of offensive action. So you could never kill anyone in a netting set.

It will only benefit netters.

If there is a war desired the tag holder of both clans have to set the date to begin and then click the> THIS IS WAR BUTTON and then only tagged countries can attack using all types of actions. All others will be blocked from all actions. If it is a multi clan action then all tag holders have to join the war effort and be accepted with the same war button. SO WE CAN HAVE AN ALL OUT SERVER WAR IF EVERYONE CLICKS THEIR WAR BUTTON.

Should be easy enough to program it in to the game.

So only the tag holder can accept the WAR ot NET ONLY BUTTON.

MAKE IT SO>

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 2:59:05

You just want to make it like FarmVille. Guess what they already have a game like that it’s called FarmVille

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 3:02:02

If you want a war game that both sides need to agree to war. Guess what they have a game for that too. It’s called SimCity Buildit

Savage Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 3:17:26

You just want to make it like FarmVille. Guess what they already have a game like that it’s called FarmVille

You should probably go back to calling people bullies and then proceed to attack people only because you think they’re under defended.

Unfortunately you’re too dense to realize how much of a hypocrite you are and you’ll continue to think that you’re either some sort of badass or joker type but really just a joke

Helllrush

Oct 31st 2019, 6:02:59

You should probably go back to calling people bullies and then proceed to attack people only because you think they’re under defended.

Unfortunately you’re too dense to realize how much of a hypocrite you are and you’ll continue to think that you’re either some sort of badass or joker type but really just a joke

I am well aware that I'm pathetic, thank you very much.

I just don't have very many friends. :(

BigP Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 13:16:04

Am I the only one that things "suiciders" or whatever you want to call them are just part of the game?

I've been ABed, SSed and missled before and it was my own damn fault for not having enough defense. fluff happens, good thing is that its going to reset and you can start again.
- SoF

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 14:56:04

Originally posted by BigP:
Am I the only one that things "suiciders" or whatever you want to call them are just part of the game?

I've been ABed, SSed and missled before and it was my own damn fault for not having enough defense. fluff happens, good thing is that its going to reset and you can start again.

Thank you BigP.

I played a few of those other online games. 1 thing I hated was they had no reset. In mobile strike I learned a lot more about looking after your investment because no one else will. It was shield or be zeroed. Getting zeroed sucked because you needed $1000s(real money)to rebuild.

Neil Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 16:16:41

IF there has been no exchange of hits/spy opts(harmful) this set, it is unprovoked.

Under your idea.

Country #34 was allied to a multi and in an alliance, lets call them LaF (an alliance which wont do anything about it and has mod protection), Country B in an alliance that was hit by the multi cant do anything about it.

Country #1 watches countries B's alliance news and steals their retals, 3 times, country B can't do anything about it.

Country #298 send's country B an ingame message saying "amma AB them faggets", since he hasn't done anything yet Country B can't do anything.

All 3 things have happened THIS set, right now SoF could respond but with clan GDI or rules such as yours we won't be able to, in fact under your plan we would get deleted.

mdevol Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 18:00:31

or just carry defense. this is earth empires. you think if cuba wanted to suicide on mexico they could do some serious damage before getting obliterated.

this is a simulation game. this fluff happens. deal with it.

perhaps have better PR?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Hellrush Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 18:21:37

Suicide:

is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Mental disorders, including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorders, anxiety disorders, and substance abuse—including alcoholism and the use of benzodiazepines—are risk factors.

Suiciding:

to commit suicide.

War:

a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.

a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations:
The two nations were at war with each other.

a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns

Warring:

to make or carry on war; fight:
to war with a neighboring nation.

After seeing both is it suiciding or warring?

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 31st 2019, 20:47:45

Originally posted by mdevol:
or just carry defense. this is earth empires. you think if cuba wanted to suicide on mexico they could do some serious damage before getting obliterated.

this is a simulation game. this fluff happens. deal with it.

perhaps have better PR?

That's far too much effort and increases per turn expenses.
You can't win if your expenses are high.

(please note my sarcasm)

Chevs

Oct 31st 2019, 21:17:48

Honestly your pretty off base here. Who specifically has issues with being hit by other tags? Nobody likes it, you can mess up a reset with a grab but that not what netting tags have issue with.

Who specifically has issues with being hit by other tags???

Laf does.

1 hit against laf and you are a griefer
1 hit against laf and you are a suicider
1 hit against laf and you are just jealous of their skillz
1 hit against laf and you are toxic scum who doesnt deserve to play EE

I LG'd enforcer 1 time as untagged like what 4 sets ago? and the entitled emo soddomites of the AT labelled me all of the above and more.

Don't worry though with clan GDI gerd and ebert can jerk each other off while dreaming of bot bukkake all night long

unpopular opinion...laf elitists are the griefers...the rest of us are just trying to play a game

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 31st 2019, 21:19:43

Originally posted by Chevs:

Honestly your pretty off base here. Who specifically has issues with being hit by other tags? Nobody likes it, you can mess up a reset with a grab but that not what netting tags have issue with.

Who specifically has issues with being hit by other tags???

Laf does.

1 hit against laf and you are a griefer
1 hit against laf and you are a suicider
1 hit against laf and you are just jealous of their skillz
1 hit against laf and you are toxic scum who doesnt deserve to play EE

I LG'd enforcer 1 time as untagged like what 4 sets ago? and the entitled emo soddomites of the AT labelled me all of the above and more.

Don't worry though with clan GDI gerd and ebert can jerk each other off while dreaming of bot bukkake all night long

unpopular opinion...laf elitists are the griefers...the rest of us are just trying to play a game

I had issues and complaints when it happened on iMag. And it happened last set there.

Oh, welcome back Chevs!

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Chevs

Oct 31st 2019, 21:23:32

you got landgrabbed one time and had issues? thats just poor form even for a fake llama.

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 31st 2019, 21:28:27

you got landgrabbed one time and had issues? thats just poor form even for a fake llama.

One time? You clearly missed all the posts.

LMAO

AtticusRex Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 3:16:05

Delete the fkn game you pansies.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 1st 2019, 3:21:23

Originally posted by AtticusRex:

Don't tempt me with a fun time

AtticusRex Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 3:47:55

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by AtticusRex:

Don't tempt me with a fun time

*more* fun time

Hellrush Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 3:52:04

Cry Babies you got the best of me.

Helllrush

Nov 1st 2019, 4:14:59

Suicide:

is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Mental disorders, including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorders, anxiety disorders, and substance abuse—including alcoholism and the use of benzodiazepines—are risk factors.

Suiciding:

to commit suicide.

War:

a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.

Warring:

This is literally the dumbest thing we've ever said.

This is the equivalent of your dumb friend trying to act philosophical when they're high. You're not any smarter for copying and pasting out-of-context facts like they're some sort of unconsidered revelation.

"Raping" in the gaming sense doesn't literally mean the act of forcing a sexual act on someone else, it just means you fluffed them up so bad that murder isn't even horrific enough to describe what you did so you pick something even more reprehensible like rape to illustrate the level of violence you committed.

See how words have different meanings in specific contexts?

Please don't embarrass us again like this, hellrush.

Hellrush Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 4:56:48

Originally posted by Helllrush:
Suicide:

Suiciding:

to commit suicide.

War:

Warring:

This is literally the dumbest thing we've ever said.

This is the equivalent of your dumb friend trying to act philosophical when they're high. You're not any smarter for copying and pasting out-of-context facts like they're some sort of unconsidered revelation.

"Raping" in the gaming sense doesn't literally mean the act of forcing a sexual act on someone else, it just means you fluffed them up so bad that murder isn't even horrific enough to describe what you did so you pick something even more reprehensible like rape to illustrate the level of violence you committed.

See how words have different meanings in specific contexts?

Please don't embarrass us again like this, hellrush.

I wish you would just stop post with a name like mine

Helllrush

Nov 1st 2019, 8:39:13

I wish you would just stop post with a name like mine

We all wish for a lot of things, my dear.

Hellrush Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 9:13:02

So Hellrush is Rome everyone

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 1st 2019, 9:56:42

actually incorrect
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 1st 2019, 10:51:43

popular opinion...laf elitists are the griefers...the rest of us are just trying to play a game

FTFY

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 1st 2019, 14:14:58

So Hellrush is Rome everyone
Originally posted by Warster:
actually incorrect

Yeah like warster said. Incorrect, not even close.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 16:57:42

And then you have me i had 10m turrets, 3m tanks @ 130% weapons last set and i was still ABd for 50+k acres. doesnt matter how much defense you get, if someone is after you they are after you.
Don of LaF