Verified:

Tigress Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 11:58:50

are you serious about limiting suiciders or just looking for a way to bottom feed without repercussions??? <-- this more than anything else explains why new players do not stick around and/or suiciders exist in this game.

here is a suggestion you can only top feed an all-x country, an all-x country must declare itself as such upfront which in turn disables their war room except for a 72 hour retal window. Retals can only be taken in a 72 hour window and must be a PS or SS with a max of 3 acres per acre lost in the top feed. Also make it so an attacking country cannot de-stock and jump out of range for 72 hours i.e max net equals 1.5 of the smallest all-x country hit in the last 72 hours (don't like this limitation then do not hit an all-x country) -- I guarantee you throw this into the game and it would make all-x countries extremely dangerous to hit. You would not have suicide countries put a W next to any non-all-x country so it clearly declares itself a war country -- want to hit this war country then go for it, there are no rules in war, your initial action declares you are more than willing to accept and take personal responsibility for whatever happens next!!! separate the real men and women from the boys and girls.

all countries would have a G, W or A next to their gov type, bots can be any of these, bots with an A next to their gov type can attack and get their land back.

G = you want the war-room so you can attack other countries -- standard GDI rules apply
A = trading no war-room for added protection and extreme PS/SS only retal abilities (please hit me I need the money)-
-- you can only select A if you made 0 attacks including offensive spyops in a reset and once selected it cannot be dropped.
W = open to whatever may happen (bring it on I have nukes galore to send you back into the stone age)
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 8th 2019, 12:51:20

Who is giving you false information?

No one to my knowledge has ever suggested to forbid retaliation. I would go so far as that I would quit the game if every players ability to retaliate is nerfed.

I really want to know who is throwing out this bullfluff information that is seemingly only meant to create outrage for things that have never been suggested. This is a pattern now. Which tag are you in? Who told you this? If you don't tell me, at least ask yourself what the purpose could be to give you false information, ask yourself who benefits from the lies you been told.

Tigress Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 14:02:40

I never said retals were forbidden where did you get that out of what I wrote???

oh btw here are a few questions

-- if someone hit a country 25% their own size, -- what's your expectation of the smaller country's ability to retaliate?
-- how would you expect them to retaliate please explain the type(s) of attack you would expect them to use
-- what type of retaliation would you consider acceptable i.e non-suicidal

everyone is just grabbing bots along with those random oops I thought you were a bot wink wink countries.

Edited By: Tigress on Oct 8th 2019, 14:24:44
See Original Post
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 8th 2019, 17:18:04

I assume that every human I hit will suicide me if they can, and a few I did not hit as well.

Tigress Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 17:29:21

[quote poster=Gerdler; 47829; 916011]I assume that every human I hit will suicide me if they can, and a few I did not hit as well. [/quote>]

One you really did not answer the questions ;)

Two if we're to take this as your answer, I would need to ask are all retake taken against you to be considered suicides?

I'm more or less asking what do you consider a legitimate real against one of your countries?
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 8th 2019, 19:16:07

If I single-tap you, you can single tap me one to X times til your land is taken back. SS and PS retals are viable against single taps. If I farm you any number of retals of any kind is viable.

I don't get who is telling you that netters or indeed I am against retaliation. I have defended the right to retaliate all my time in EE both alone and together with the tags I frequent/represent.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 8th 2019, 19:29:47

Now tell me who is feeding you fake info please. This has happened before and probably the same coward who does not dare to show his face in public is telling you BS stories for his own reasons. Unless it's you making this up,, which I do not believe, you are also a victim here, don't you see that?

sinistril Game profile

Oct 9th 2019, 2:08:37

This would increase suiciders

Ie. I would do some suiciding if there were such a twisted rule
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Hidden_Dibs Game profile

Oct 9th 2019, 5:31:43

If you bottom feed correctly, then there can be no repercussions because the targets can't grow fast enough to keep up with your gains.

Tigress Game profile

Oct 9th 2019, 7:24:13

Originally posted by Hidden_Dibs:
If you bottom feed correctly, then there can be no repercussions because the targets can't grow fast enough to keep up with your gains.

funny thing is I have spied countries on solo servers that are land grabbing like madmen with zero troops and zero tanks and no sdi tech...it's like an invitation "please destroy my country"

it's been quite a few years and the game in some cases has changed, maybe they have stopped relentless bottom feeding? maybe bots has replaced this need to find a land farm and just land grab it to the extreme? I even have strats written way back when explaining how to bottom feed, locate land farms and explaining why bottom feeding using land farms was superior to other forms of land grabbing.

@sinistril I've been playing earth since 2004 some here have played longer than I have but I do recall the days of land farms being killed for launching a nuke or two -- ya know they got land grabbed into oblivion overnight and their only options were fire a few missiles, delete their country, or explore some more so bottom feeders could land grab them some more later that night. fire those missiles and you just committed suicide or so went the logic of the time -- tell me I'm wrong

btw I tend to play all-x and retal at random but when I do retal it hurts because I retal using a topfeed from the sweet spot maximizing the return on acres, I must agree those I have retalled have respected it, although in the past this was hit or miss, some would RoR or try to farm but heavy defense tends to nix that idea out the gate, so they will double or triple tap in their RoR. But I have seen smaller countries go all jetter to take a retal and then get demolished for their retal. that all-jetter stance is the proof needed the country is out to suicide and ruin other player's resets. Yes I have been told as much in the past. maybe things have changed? I digress and will let the community speak for itself.

Happy Hunting

Tigress

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 9th 2019, 7:43:16

In Express and primary I often run 0 tanks, 0 troops, 0 SDI because GDI doesnt allow missiles, GS or ABs unless I double-tap a human. When I farm someone in tournament there is no such protection and thus I have to keep enough spies, troops and tanks as well as turrets to stop retals from happening, which is doable with careful target selection.

If Im in primary I sometimes multi-tap then buy up a lot of NW to get out of retal range, which is a fair outplay since it's abuseable both ways.

But grab bots in bot servers, and in primary just single-tap everyone.