Verified:

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Sep 27th 2019, 14:09:31

lol that guy hit me again.. looks like i can consider farming this guy for the whole round

tfyanks Game profile

Sep 27th 2019, 14:13:58

Originally posted by Trump:
Originally posted by M59Gar:
That's super helpful. Now I understand. Early in a set I feel as if everyone else is doing horribly - aka I'm in the #1 spot and nobody's networth is rising.

But that's because they're accumulating huge amounts of cash and bushels. Their networth is 'hidden'. Can't be attacked, can't be seen on score, because it's on the public market to preserve it.

People build up millions of bushels, then at the end of a set, sell it to private market and then cash in, buying military off the public market.

I had no idea this was going on.

It seems as if this is not a game of making decisions in an evolving set. It's actually a game of making linear equations intersect on private spreadsheets. AKA, I grow linearly in a hidden manner for X hundred turns, destock at the end, hope I'm at a higher networth than other guys all secretly doing the same thing.

Your conclusion is right, but I think you may have a mistaken impression of the bushel thing. There's unlikely to be good players stocking significant bushels at this point in the game or any time soon, because the value of those bushels would be better spent as a growth investment (tech, military to grab or defend land with).

If you are first for the first few days and then fall off it's either because your country isn't specialized or efficient (buildings focused on one strategy with tech to enhance this strategy), or isn't growing its production enough to keep up with those that are expanding.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2019, 15:10:05

Some people are just asking to be farmed SMH
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Trump

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2019, 17:03:33

Heres a weird question, why did I get fewer turns than everyone else? I created a country during the first day, but the other countries came out of protection when I only had 50 turns. A bit of a disadvantage to be working under

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2019, 19:29:04

Heres a weird question, why did I get fewer turns than everyone else? I created a country during the first day, but the other countries came out of protection when I only had 50 turns. A bit of a disadvantage to be working under

That makes no sense, we all get same amount, the only factors that will differ the amount of turns are bonuses and logout time incentives, 3 turns for 12hr and 6 for 18 hrs.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2019, 19:33:23

If you religiously do an 18hr login you'll end up with more turns than a person doing 12hr logins, also you'll end up with more turns by using all your bonuses on turns.
(•_•)

Trump

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2019, 19:34:31

agreed it makes no sense. 50 is a lot of turns too. It hasnt got worse at least, when I spy on countries now I am still only 50 turns behind.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 27th 2019, 19:34:40

12 login bonus turns during 1st 24 hrs and 4 from voting bonuses. make a bug report.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2019, 19:37:41

agreed it makes no sense. 50 is a lot of turns too. It hasnt got worse at least, when I spy on countries now I am still only 50 turns behind.

Hmmm, get on IRC with Pang if you can
(•_•)

Original Skywise L Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 2:15:22

What I'm doing (while playing) that you can't see... is No body's business!
Skywise

bug03 Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 3:49:08

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
lol that guy hit me again.. looks like i can consider farming this guy for the whole round

Doing the ally math wrong. He doesn’t realize I have more defense than you...

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 12:40:29

Originally posted by bug03:
Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:

Doing the ally math wrong. He doesn’t realize I have more defense than you...

well, he has been doing SS all the way.. he had already failed his attack earlier before i accept u as ally lol.. so i dont think it makes a difference in his maths

Ponti Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 13:59:14

I actually feel for the guy. Same name, same failed approach across multiple servers. A harmless bug that just annoys people.

Ponti Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 14:05:33

I also have a question perhaps all the cashiers can tell me. Is it still better to build at a 11/10 ratio of enterprise to residential? Also if so does this account for all cashier strats ex Demo, Dict, Theo, Rep?

When I played before it was advantageous for a 11 to 10 for rep, I cannot recall if that was a blanket coverage.

Also bonus turns seem to just come even if I log on and break my 12hr or 18hr bonus. Do I get these regardless of my log ins?

I'm just a rusty vet testing the waters and trying to remember.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 15:14:33

you get login bonuses even if you log in every hr or 15 mins.

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 28th 2019, 15:27:22

Perhaps you started 1 day (50 turns) later than you thought. You would have noticed not gaining any turn for the whole first day.

The EEVIL Empire

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 29th 2019, 3:44:25

overflowed in turns?
happens to me all the time :D

bug03 Game profile

Sep 29th 2019, 8:18:06

Originally posted by Ponti:
I also have a question perhaps all the cashiers can tell me. Is it still better to build at a 11/10 ratio of enterprise to residential? Also if so does this account for all cashier strats ex Demo, Dict, Theo, Rep?

When I played before it was advantageous for a 11 to 10 for rep, I cannot recall if that was a blanket coverage.

Also bonus turns seem to just come even if I log on and break my 12hr or 18hr bonus. Do I get these regardless of my log ins?

I'm just a rusty vet testing the waters and trying to remember.

1.1:1 for rep yes. Other way for Theo. Even for demo

Ponti Game profile

Sep 29th 2019, 13:41:02

TY Marshall and Bugg for your answers.

M59Gar Game profile

Sep 30th 2019, 0:44:03

Wait can someone clarify the exact rules for login bonus turns? Do I get bonus turns even if I log in all the time, or should I consistently wait 18 hrs?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2019, 2:16:55

Apparently it doesn't matter anymore, I logged in 10 hrs and got 6 turns 😉
(•_•)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2019, 2:21:22

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
That's just a clue and not even the tip of the iceberg in terms of what goes on in netting, my recommendation is to join one of the 1a alliance for training purposes, however there will be other people here that will point you in the direction of netting :-)

This is wise right here. I highly recommend that you join LaF if you seriously wish to be able to net successfully
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2019, 2:31:13

Wait can someone clarify the exact rules for login bonus turns? Do I get bonus turns even if I log in all the time, or should I consistently wait 18 hrs?

Wait the 18 hours for that 6 turn bonus for sure. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but upon occasion you will receive 3x bonus turns when you spend your bonus points on turns, so instead of getting 6 turn for 12 points, you get 18 turns for 12 points. Doesn't seem to happen consistently, but it happens.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

humicroav Game profile

Oct 1st 2019, 14:38:39

I used to be number 1. Now I'm slipping. I feel ya.
ur mom playz erf2025

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 1st 2019, 15:55:08

This set just got very interesting... 8=====>
(•_•)

Ponti Game profile

Oct 4th 2019, 14:27:51

I can tell you what I'm doing I'm failing attacks and doing improper math behind the scenes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2019, 14:37:20

I failed one yesterday that still has me scratching my head 😯
(•_•)

Ponti Game profile

Oct 4th 2019, 15:14:14

Mulligan mulligan mulligan, that's all I can say after. Let me redo and I'll send 25k more jets lol.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 4th 2019, 19:35:04

def bonus or rngesus didn't smile to you.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2019, 22:01:27

Originally posted by Marshal:

def bonus or rngesus didn't smile to you.

(•_•)

bug03 Game profile

Oct 5th 2019, 16:00:35

I’ve been rounding up higher than usual lately

Marshal Game profile

Oct 5th 2019, 19:30:20

you didn't sacrifice enuf goats to rngesus.

Ponti Game profile

Oct 5th 2019, 22:40:31

In a field this small the room for error is zero. It is better to oversend by 100k jets or 200k jets rather then fall 10 short or something ridiculous. Land is scarce this is a new game since I played 7 years ago. Every missed hit now is incredible what it takes or the final net worth of our country. I've missed now 4 or 5 cant recall that there has knocked of millions in final net worth.

When it's all said and done whomever wins the game honestly deserves a pat on the back and a good job. With less land every decision matters that much more and in essence who can play a 60 day free of screw ups has a much better chance of a win then someone who missed out and failed on many hits. That's not even accounting lost targets for the following day.

Ponti Game profile

Oct 5th 2019, 22:58:15

Come to think of it apart from the winner even the top 5 deserve a well done to make it to the top you played an extremely tight game.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 6th 2019, 5:13:45

Oversend by 10% is enough
The EEVIL Empire

M59Gar Game profile

Oct 7th 2019, 1:01:32

Would bots solve the small field issue? I've noticed in Express that the person who wins is usually the one who just goes totally crazy on the bots, attacking dozens of times before anyone else.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2019, 5:27:07

Oops, overflowed turns again..
(•_•)

bug03 Game profile

Oct 7th 2019, 8:34:31

Would bots solve the small field issue? I've noticed in Express that the person who wins is usually the one who just goes totally crazy on the bots, attacking dozens of times before anyone else.

If you want to play primary with bots, go to alliance. Part of the fun in this game mode isn’t just where you’re going to get the land from, but that one person can wreck your set or that some people are daring you to do something about it.

I don’t mean to be a bully, but land really is hard to come by. I wish you luck on your retal.

Ponti Game profile

Oct 7th 2019, 14:31:40

Agreed with Bug. Each decision matters that much more in this game. With bots the fastest out of the game and who can regulate his time playing more efficiently and be on more will farm up with no consequences. And like the old saying goes get fat fast and win.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2019, 16:46:19

This and tourney are the only two servers left that are solo and PvP, the day they implement bots, I'm out this fluff, they already ruined express for me.
(•_•)

sfbob Game profile

Oct 7th 2019, 18:17:38

Depending on your strat it's sometimes best to wait until Thursday or Friday to start hitting for better returns but yeah, going crazy on the bots is usually a good idea. It's certainly an utter waste of turns exploring once you leave protection, can't understand why so many players keep exploring. Too lazy to grab I guess