Verified:

alliswell Game profile

Dec 2nd 2013, 21:33:14

just wanting advice on best way to use bonus points in tournament if I am going to be a demo farmer? Is the extra turns best best or is one of the other bonuses better suited for my long term goals?. I've only used bonus points for turn so wanting others opinions on best way to spend points for being a demo farmer. Thanks for all advice.

SkyJ Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 7:37:21

Early on spend points on Turns, Lower Building Costs or Expenses.
Later on Spend points on Agriculture boom.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2013, 5:26:52

Edited By: Jayr on Sep 19th 2019, 15:06:19
wasn't me...

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2013, 17:18:26

turns -> booms imo.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

aron82 Game profile

Dec 5th 2013, 20:48:29

I only take turns, and now I am top 10 in game A, been playing the game for a month :)

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 6th 2013, 20:05:48

THE QUESTION OF WHETHER TO USE BONUS POINTS ON TURNS OR FOOD BOOMS SHOULD BE FAIRLY EASY TO FIGURE OUT.

IF I AM READING THE WIKI CORRECTLY, EACH FOOD BOOM INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY TO 300% OF NORMAL. OF COURSE, THAT IS THE RANDOMLY OCCURRING FOOD BOOM. I AM NOT CERTAIN WHETHER THE BONUS INDUCED BOOM CREATES THE SAME LEVEL OF INCREASE, BUT I WOULD SUSPECT THAT IT DOES.

IF SO, THEN... ON THE TOURNAMENT SERVER...

6 BONUS POINTS WILL GET YOU 6 FOOD BOOMS. ESSENTIALLY GIVING YOU 18 TURNS' WORTH OF PRODUCTION. HOWEVER, ONE WOULD ALREADY BE RECEIVING THE NORMAL PRODUCTION FOR 6 TURNS, SO THE ACTUAL BENEFIT IS ONLY 200%.. OR 12 TURNS.

THOSE SAME 6 POINTS WOULD GET YOU NINE BONUS TURNS.

SO, LETS SAY YOU PRODUCE 100,000 BUSHELS PER TURN AND YOU HAVE SIX TURNS ON HAND. USING POINTS ON FOOD BOOMS WOULD RESULT IN 6 TURNS AT 300,000, OR 1.8 MILLION BUSHELS. USING POINTS ON TURNS WOULD RESULT IN A TOTAL OF 15 TURNS, PRODUCING 1.5 MILLION BUSHELS.

UNLESS THERE'S SOMETHING I'M FAILING TO FACTOR IN HERE, USING POINTS ON BOOMS WOULD BE TWENTY PERCENT BETTER THAN USING THEM ON TURNS, ONCE YOU'RE IN STOCKING MODE.

HAVE I GOT THAT RIGHT?

blid

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2013, 20:40:35

booms buy you 0 more c-sites, 0 more times to make buildings, 0 more turns exploring, etc
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 6th 2013, 20:48:19

CORRECT. DURING THE GROWTH PHASE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ESPECIALLY AT THE VERY START, EXTRA TURNS WOULD BE MUCH MORE VALUABLE. HENCE MY STIPULATION, "ONCE YOU'RE IN STOCKING MODE"

I HAVEN'T PLAYED TOURNAMENT (AT LEAST NOT PAST PROTECTION) IN MANY YEARS, SO PERHAPS THERE REALLY IS NO END TO THE GROWTH PHASE NOW. BUT ASSUMING A PLAYER NO LONGER PLANS TO EXPAND, NEEDS NO MORE CONSTRUCTION SITES, LAND OR BUILDINGS, BOOMS WOULD SEEM TO ME TO BE THE BETTER USE OF BONUS POINTS.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2013, 20:52:14

oh. well yeah. in stocking mode booms are unambigiously superior. not to mention you're making 3x production with 1x expenses. taking 3 turns and matching production would have 3x expenses.

Abatis06 Game profile

Feb 6th 2014, 7:50:28

I like to reduce building costs myself.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2014, 16:15:12

Originally posted by blid:
turns -> booms imo.

That :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!