Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2019, 15:24:50

If I don't win wars this set I'm blaming you.

sinistril Game profile

Aug 31st 2019, 16:21:50

Lol
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 31st 2019, 23:15:49

seems legit.
If a suicider hits iMag, I am blaming you Derrick

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2019, 23:56:15

I would be offended if you blamed anyone else.

The Cloaked Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 0:33:24

This is under control?

:)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 1:14:28

All your barrels are belongs to LaF
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Boltar Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 2:13:54

im gunna steal oil from laf, so they can want that spy formula changed too ;) and yes Gains this is me trolling laf this time

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 1st 2019, 2:26:00

I am just going to oiljack you vs secretly stealing it from you :P
You will be sitting at a red light and I will just roll and take it.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 8:15:22

I'm upset I was going to play oiler this set and people kept whining it's not a good strat and bs like that.
With the amount of spies we all netters have i will steal tech for income from boltar.
Don of LaF

Symbolic Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 11:50:29

Stock food instead I guess.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 12:05:16

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
I'm upset I was going to play oiler this set and people kept whining it's not a good strat and bs like that.
With the amount of spies we all netters have i will steal tech for income from boltar.

That's the spirit!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 13:38:23

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

There are not enough players left in the game to make any predictions unless you can persuade a large number of the player base to do something (its not that many people); looks at Gerdler ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 13:39:44

**I'm 33.33% kidding btw

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 13:45:02

Originally posted by Boltar:
im gunna steal oil from laf, so they can want that spy formula changed too ;) and yes Gains this is me trolling laf this time

If any games changes happen its not because anyone in particular ever complains. Pang/Qz have incentive to make this game pleasurable for as many people as possible for obvious reasons. The game isn't perfect and can always use balance changes. The only difference between this game and say... DOTA 2 (gets balance changes ALL THE TIME) is that there are no resources. Rest assured if this was a rather large game there would be constant balance changes/ new things added to keep players engaged.

Stagnation and repetition is the death of many games. Maybe instead of playing the victim and having a 'poor me' mentality you can, instead, be a contributing member of this community? Wishful thinking probably.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 14:41:27

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by Boltar:

If any games changes happen its not because anyone in particular ever complains. Pang/Qz have incentive to make this game pleasurable for as many people as possible for obvious reasons. The game isn't perfect and can always use balance changes. The only difference between this game and say... DOTA 2 (gets balance changes ALL THE TIME) is that there are no resources. Rest assured if this was a rather large game there would be constant balance changes/ new things added to keep players engaged.

Stagnation and repetition is the death of many games. Maybe instead of playing the victim and having a 'poor me' mentality you can, instead, be a contributing member of this community? Wishful thinking probably.

You all can say what u like about pang not listening to a certain group. But when I've seen a well informed warmonger give suggestions and nothing is being done or proposed to change but yet others complain and fluff gets done. Then u have biased. Hell he was online the other night and sof is still asking for our admin issue to get fixed in-game

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 1st 2019, 15:17:40

What changes have been made in the last 3 years to benefit netters then? list them please.

Leto Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 16:32:03

Maybe we should have bots show up as a specific color, this way we know who real players are. Especially on the alliance server

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 17:03:56

Boltar my point is they don't make changes based on one 'sides' game play. They make changes they think will improve their game and make it more fun for more people. Understand the difference?

I don't think you are looking at this objectively.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 17:06:25

To me its obvious that there needs to be two different servers, one for PVE and one for PVP / Open.

Even WoW has two different types of servers. I think it scares them to possibly fragment this already small player base though which is understandable.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 1st 2019, 17:26:55

The admin issues are not just limited to your clan. It is server-wide thing and over a few servers and it is being worked on.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 19:39:22

Originally posted by Gerdler:
What changes have been made in the last 3 years to benefit netters then? list them please.

I haven't been back for 3 years to make informed list.

Originally posted by Requiem:
Boltar my point is they don't make changes based on one 'sides' game play. They make changes they think will improve their game and make it more fun for more people. Understand the difference?

I don't think you are looking at this objectively.

I am looking at it objectively. As I've stated someone better then I has given examples of things that should be looked into. But cause he is a warmonger it falls on deaf ears. And he is very objective as well he understands give and take

Originally posted by galleri:
The admin issues are not just limited to your clan. It is server-wide thing and over a few servers and it is being worked on.

That I didn't know. But still doesn't change the fact pang has been around and doesn't answer messages atleast stating as much as u just did now

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 1st 2019, 20:14:45

folks should know I try to ignore everyone equally!

my focus is UI stuff right now. people who bring me UI-related issues are getting more attention, that is all.

I've personally fixed SoF's tag issue once and just did it again after checking some messages -- I also spent about 3 hours trying to debug and replicate it after talking to Sov about it. to think you're being specifically ignored is plain incorrect.

I'm back at work now after being away on leave for 3 months so I haven't really been around much this week and had an inbox full of messages I'm now trying to go through :-/ lots to catch up on at the office and apparently here :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 20:25:08

*is warmonger*
*completely disagree*

I would sayyyyy a couple things here. First off is there hasn't been any changes to the game since the dev team became active again aside from a few changes to bots which I dont recall any warmongers being opposed to them. Everything else has been the new UI. *shrugs*

Secondly, stuff mentioned in chats is typically a hypothetical. People can agree or disagree to it but once it goes up like 100 lines in a chatroom, people kind of forget it. That's not a serious way to make a suggestion. Without making a suggestion thread for it, the community as a whole largely doesn't get to participate in the conversation.

Lastly, aside from a few remarks in chat rooms, very few wardogs are actually engaged on the bugs/sugs threads or the UI dev threads aside from yourself, neil, me and sinistril. If there are these great suggestions by wardogs, I'm left wondering where are they? Can the community somehow get access to these suggestions and make them appear on the proper forums so the devs can see them and the players can comment? If not, they should fall on deaf ears. Because half the community doesn't even have ears for them.

sinistril Game profile

Sep 1st 2019, 20:36:00

The trope of everything benefits netters and hurts warmongers is getting old. Tell us a list of things that have benefitted netters and I'll point out how they benefit warmongers as well. This is not a zero sum game.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2019, 21:03:09

Ok derrick posted here time to check out of this thread. I can’t climb cliffs like I used to (wall o text).

I kid, I kid but I am tied of the same ol’ convo, different thread.

/ignored

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 1st 2019, 21:41:38

there has been 2 changes to the game the last 3 years:

One was a little over 2 years ago when the techer bots were changed to add some defence. I found the problem in the code, I suggested a solution, they went with something that was close to that, and since then techer bots have defence. They used to run with their 100 troops all set and be about half built and just explore and explore.
They were great grabs for netters who didnt bother to get spies or look hard for targets. That was removed.

The second change was about 1 year ago when QZ worked quite a bit on the bot code and increased the defences of the bots very significantly. I think most netters like to grab land more cheaply, but again it was netters who helped qz work out what was a decent level to raise the defences to. He ofc increased them by like 1300000% at first lol, if I remember correctly, which would mean that bots never buy anything other than turrets.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 2nd 2019, 0:37:49

The bots on ffa at least were changed prior to this set as well. They have about 20% more defense...

...seems the same on 1a. But yeah. To your point those are the only changes haha