Verified:

DruncK Game profile

Aug 29th 2019, 3:14:31

Will this be implemented when it goes live? I don't care for the new UI, I like the retro feel.

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 29th 2019, 3:17:21

The old UI will not be supported once the new UI is complete. We are not going to update two UI's everytime we make a game change. The current UI will stay active for quite a while as we have a lot of work still on the new UI.

Keep using it and you will start seeing things you love about it.

The_Hawk

Aug 29th 2019, 23:07:01

Originally posted by DruncK:
Will this be implemented when it goes live? I don't care for the new UI, I like the retro feel.

I feel ya drunck

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

DruncK Game profile

Aug 30th 2019, 16:02:55

Meh, bout time to retire anyways

Marshal Game profile

Aug 30th 2019, 19:23:40

lol@drunck
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 4th 2019, 13:24:30

I've said it a bunch of times all over the place, but we're not going to add new features to the old UI but we probably won't turn it off.

Some things will need to be done on the new UI (like any stuff to get patron/premium and some of the new clan stuff we're expecting to do) but we won't just turn off the old UI. Things like getting the ad-free experience and automatically getting your bonus points would be back-ported because it's primarily work that needs to be done in a common place, but I wouldn't expect new features to be built backfilled such that it's at parity with the new UI.

That being said, we're hoping to figure out what folks who prefer the old UI like about it and bring some more of that into the new UI project. It's still heavily a work in progress -- especially on the design side. As Jabroni said, once you start using it for a while it makes the playing experience easier and smoother. I've been playing on the new one for ~8 months now and I'm hooked :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

YONNY THE GREAT Game profile

Sep 4th 2019, 18:14:56

Originally posted by DruncK:

YONNY THE GREAT Game profile

Sep 4th 2019, 18:15:06

LOVE IT

DruncK Game profile

Sep 6th 2019, 0:59:56

The new UI is really cool howit implements stuff that the average joe doesn't usually have easy access to. I'm definitely NOT hating on the new path the game is taking but playing this earth always brings back good feelings, I just don't get those from the new layout.