Verified:

bug03 Game profile

Aug 17th 2019, 6:37:28

When food is selling at 61, stop selling at 50...

bug03 Game profile

Aug 17th 2019, 6:38:03

Time start Time end Min sold price Max sold price Avg price Total volume
Aug 14, 06:00 Aug 15, 06:00 $50 $61 $56.65 23,951,923
Aug 15, 06:00 Aug 16, 06:00 $51 $61 $57.25 46,521,235
Aug 16, 06:00 Aug 17, 06:00 $45 $61 $57.31 45,844,927

bug03 Game profile

Aug 17th 2019, 6:38:51

You people are ridiculous...

bug03 Game profile

Aug 17th 2019, 6:40:01

For the record, I’ve sold 1 bil worth of food at 61 over the last three days...

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 17th 2019, 9:52:32

Them selling at 50 instead of 60 is the reason you sold anything at 61 at all. It's good that you favor the other farmers over yourself tho.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 17th 2019, 15:40:36

well, every round when im a farmer, i face the same situation where some farmers sell cheaply too lol.. that's life

bug03 Game profile

Aug 17th 2019, 20:08:20

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Them selling at 50 instead of 60 is the reason you sold anything at 61 at all. It's good that you favor the other farmers over yourself tho.

All the food will sell because no one can afford to stockpile right now- it’s necessary food and that number hasn’t changed in 10 days. I’m holding a couple hundred million bushels off the market to ensure of that. (I have the tech I need, enough for defense and grabbing, there’s no need to be greedy)

If it were a matter of people stockpiling and buying extra, you’re completely right. However, my unsold portion also means I’m technically stockpiling food at the price I’m selling it for (this is the part farmers don’t get) my goal isn’t to make more money, it’s to force the other countries I’m playing against spend more money on food for their turns and not for tech/military.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 18th 2019, 16:21:18

When I make decisions on how to play or what price to sell at I take them with one thing in mind: What benefits me more. It has served me well. I know it's common to have this attitude of fear of benefitting anyone of your competitors and I think it comes from two things, one which you can change and one that cant be changed that easily:
1. Lack of trust in ones own abilities to outplay the competition. You gotta remember that whatever benefit you get from selling/buying at the prices that are great for you is CONCENTRATED on you and whatever benefit someone else gets from your goods is DILUTED among several or maybe dozens of players.
2. The tiny markets making ones own contribution much more noticeable, and making the hourly prices and volumes change in a seemingly stochastic manner.

boardb Game profile

Aug 18th 2019, 21:01:30

I think these posts are not reaching the intended audience. But even $50 is pretty good price for food from my few seasons playing.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 19th 2019, 2:31:56

Originally posted by boardb:
I think these posts are not reaching the intended audience. But even $50 is pretty good price for food from my few seasons playing.

Obviously the people who need to see these posts rarely see them. But that’s okay, maybe one day they will. Yes, $50 is a great price. I’m just making a point. There’s math behind why I do what I do but I’m not about to try and explain it.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 19th 2019, 2:44:13

When I make decisions on how to play or what price to sell at I take them with one thing in mind: What benefits me more. It has served me well. I know it's common to have this attitude of fear of benefitting anyone of your competitors and I think it comes from two things, one which you can change and one that cant be changed that easily:
1. Lack of trust in ones own abilities to outplay the competition. You gotta remember that whatever benefit you get from selling/buying at the prices that are great for you is CONCENTRATED on you and whatever benefit someone else gets from your goods is DILUTED among several or maybe dozens of players.
2. The tiny markets making ones own contribution much more noticeable, and making the hourly prices and volumes change in a seemingly stochastic manner.

Half the commies with a good amount of land have farms now. That’s a huge win for me. Military prices are low, the techers don’t have any land (except one) and the only casher close to 30k is getafix but soon the prices are going to fall. In fact I dropped 20m food at $55 today. Just before I posted this, 40m hit at 55 so clearly the other farmers are figuring it out.

Whoever it was that sold more than 2b worth of food is gonna have to spend his money. So we will see what happens.

boardb Game profile

Aug 19th 2019, 2:50:21

There’s math behind why I do what I do but I’m not about to try and explain it.

Thank you!!

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 19th 2019, 12:08:52

Originally posted by bug03:

Half the commies with a good amount of land have farms now. That’s a huge win for me. Military prices are low, the techers don’t have any land (except one) and the only casher close to 30k is getafix but soon the prices are going to fall. In fact I dropped 20m food at $55 today. Just before I posted this, 40m hit at 55 so clearly the other farmers are figuring it out.

Whoever it was that sold more than 2b worth of food is gonna have to spend his money. So we will see what happens.

actually, it doesnt matter half the commies going for farms.. most of them having those are having much lower networth.. the most important is whether the top 5 commies are having farms or not, which i dont think they would have them.. for instance, i cant imagine serp having farms in his strat lol.. im contributing about 20% of the military units supply.. so i think it is likely the top 5 commies are holding 80% market supply, while the 20% are supplied by smaller commies.. so at the end of the day, it depends on us 5 commies..

bug03 Game profile

Aug 19th 2019, 20:28:14

You’re right. Race you to 50k

Edited By: bug03 on Aug 19th 2019, 21:08:06
See Original Post

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 20th 2019, 11:52:09

You’re right. Race you to 50k

i think u got a very good chance of winning.. your land size is matching close to us and food price is going to stay high for the next 10 days or so.. play safe bug and u can win this round!

boardb Game profile

Aug 20th 2019, 15:20:18

I'm just reading this and am interested to know which country you are bug...I assumed a facist, but none in the top 25 or so. I guess Demo then?

bug03 Game profile

Aug 21st 2019, 2:29:31

I'm just reading this and am interested to know which country you are bug...I assumed a facist, but none in the top 25 or so. I guess Demo then?

The only non commie above 30k land.

shanelee Game profile

Aug 21st 2019, 4:59:20

Good luck to you.

I had decided stop grabbing when 20K land, however gotta top feed by huge better, hence I need to stop stockpile and continue grabbing.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 21st 2019, 12:14:02

there are not many guys that are close to 40k land lol

humicroav Game profile

Aug 21st 2019, 12:52:32

I took a break from selling. How's the market, now?
ur mom playz erf2025

bug03 Game profile

Aug 21st 2019, 20:38:54

Originally posted by humicroav:

Someone dropped $2b worth at $50. Getafix will be along soon to buy it all up.

shanelee Game profile

Aug 22nd 2019, 8:08:31

Originally posted by humicroav:

Someone dropped $2b worth at $50. Getafix will be along soon to buy it all up.

Getafix is no.8?

bug03 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2019, 15:18:39

He’s #1 to me

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 23rd 2019, 11:02:29

im #1!

Original Skywise L Game profile

Aug 24th 2019, 23:14:57

This set I'm #2
Skywise

Original Skywise L Game profile

Aug 24th 2019, 23:15:25

*figuratively
Skywise

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 25th 2019, 13:56:31

im surprise food price actually drop this few days..

bug03 Game profile

Aug 26th 2019, 1:51:54

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:

It’ll go back up, I haven’t sold any in 2 days

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2019, 2:20:46

nom nom nom! sell me your $40 bushels :)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 26th 2019, 12:44:02

then that means supply is more than demand.. by now those cashers should be starting to stock up and demand should have gone up a lot

bug03 Game profile

Aug 27th 2019, 3:22:41

everyone was fighting to sell off 20-30m bushels at a time and undercutting everyone. Yesterday 100m bushels sold. I just don’t need the money right now. And prices have already gone up $3 since I posted last night.

I can cash for a profit still, might cash out tbh.

boardb Game profile

Aug 27th 2019, 19:34:15

yay, I get to be the last person you attack....what an honour.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 28th 2019, 5:42:23

If you had any more defense I would have passed you up. Lost like a million jets- expensive grab

boardb Game profile

Aug 28th 2019, 13:18:05

Good

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2019, 13:27:33

then that means supply is more than demand.. by now those cashers should be starting to stock up and demand should have gone up a lot

Yeah cos this supposed to be fat casher went to war and stopped stocking, and I destructed another casher that was bigger than me :D

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2019, 17:46:32

I'm secretly playing....haven't told nor allied to anyone who knows me, you may or may not figured it out yet, I didn't want to commit alliances with my regulars due to the fact that I wasn't going to be consistently playing turns this set and as predicted I did overflow several times, interestingly enough I have found couple good future allies in this process :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

boardb Game profile

Aug 28th 2019, 18:58:41

I hope one was me :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2019, 19:01:21

No idea what country is yours :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

boardb Game profile

Aug 28th 2019, 19:06:39

haha, unlikely anyway! better late than never

bug03 Game profile

Aug 28th 2019, 20:58:36

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I'm secretly playing....haven't told nor allied to anyone who knows me, you may or may not figured it out yet, I didn't want to commit alliances with my regulars due to the fact that I wasn't going to be consistently playing turns this set and as predicted I did overflow several times, interestingly enough I have found couple good future allies in this process :-)

I messaged you this set. Almost 100% positive

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2019, 21:39:29

I don't know your country either :-/
(•_•)

bug03 Game profile

Aug 29th 2019, 1:53:30

I don't know your country either :-/
the fat ass farmer

Dutchy Game profile

Aug 29th 2019, 2:01:49

Think it was you that gave me some decent netting advice. Think I may play another set in Primary and try again, this set was no good for me. Feels weird not building a country for war.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 29th 2019, 2:04:40

In primary a good netting country is often not all that far away from good war form.

Can run 0 SDI, tanks, troops if you single-tap everyone but not many do that. Spies are essential to netting there unlike in every other server, which means you can be in war shape in like 1-2 days always.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 29th 2019, 2:05:52

Originally posted by Dutchy:

Think it was you that gave me some decent netting advice. Think I may play another set in Primary and try again, this set was no good for me. Feels weird not building a country for war.

I try

Dutchy Game profile

Aug 29th 2019, 2:10:39

In primary a good netting country is often not all that far away from good war form.

Can run 0 SDI, tanks, troops if you single-tap everyone but not many do that. Spies are essential to netting there unlike in every other server, which means you can be in war shape in like 1-2 days always.

Yeah it was my first crack at Primary. Ran very defensively, no jets - didn’t want to piss anyone off, only got single tapped and never hit by the same country more than once so let things slide.

Really only put my toes in the water this set, got a better idea how to go about things in this environment now.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 29th 2019, 2:23:02

Its probably easier to defend yourself when you pose a bit of a threat to retaliate. I never played all-xp in Primary tho, but I have seen them and they mostly all get hit a bunch.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2019, 10:49:00

So now I would have to compete with new buddies for ur love bro?

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 29th 2019, 11:55:07

ahh secretive koh! i hope i didnt tap u accidentally:\

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2019, 14:48:49

Originally posted by Relax lah:

So now I would have to compete with new buddies for ur love bro?

Nope, you're one of my 1st stringers ;-)

ahh secretive koh! i hope i didnt tap u accidentally:\

LOL nah, you didn't touch me, I did retal everyone that took land from me ;-)

Its probably easier to defend yourself when you pose a bit of a threat to retaliate. I never played all-xp in Primary tho, but I have seen them and they mostly all get hit a bunch.

Yes, if you don't have jets you are a sitting duck in this server.
(•_•)