Verified:

Shinra Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 4:10:44

It's just that I miss the bygone days of Earth 2025 when there were thousands of countries. It's also frustrating that it seems once you hit a certain NW it becomes impossible to grow any more due to being hit 3 to 4 times a day by top 15 countries whom you are 1/8th the size of. Grow get hit 3 to 4 times rebuild rinse and repeat every day. It's not fun. If I'm not mistaken that is relatively new. I don't remember being allowed to hit countries who had no chance back in the day. It was double your nw or half that you were allowed to attack without a war declaration and anything and everything could be retalled (whatever means you choose) if you wanted. At least give someone the option of tossing the kitchen sink at someone for bottom scraping. Risk vs reward creates more fair competition. I know I'm going to get meaningless replies such as GET GUD BRUH, Stop SJWing, Bye Felicia etc... I've heard them all. It just feels to me like they've made this game more about who is big enough to farm the weakest countries without fear of retal than actual competition and the risk of "You don't know who might missile you into the dirt for a simple land grab". If yall want you can farm me though. I still like yall enough for that. FYI I'm not complaining about any certain people or mad at anyone because I understand that this is just the way it is now. I just don't enjoy it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2019, 4:13:21

There are 5 other servers very different from this one, sad to see you go, :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Shinra Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 4:17:49

I guess I need to read about the other servers more and take a step back from Primary. It seem like Primary is a pretty bad place to attempt to relearn the game. What do you suggest? I may come back after getting more experience.

Shinra Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 4:18:59

I just picked Primary because back in the day it was THE STANDARD gameplay server. Hence the name Primary.

tfm0m0 Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 12:44:19

Originally posted by Shinra:
I just picked Primary because back in the day it was THE STANDARD gameplay server. Hence the name Primary.

Express is a good place to start if you have time to keep up with the pace imo, lots of bots so no real reason to mess with human players unless you're a douche.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 13:20:23

that is why for me, i dont hit any country more than once a round, no matter knowing how noob the guy is.. im probably the rare few big guys who dont multi hit smaller countries cos it is really demoralising to keep getting hit and unable to grow, and this wont make it interesting for new players to continue playing.. hope u can continue to play earth and dont give up on this game!

boardb Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 15:29:41

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
that is why for me, i dont hit any country more than once a round, no matter knowing how noob the guy is.. im probably the rare few big guys who dont multi hit smaller countries cos it is really demoralising to keep getting hit and unable to grow, and this wont make it interesting for new players to continue playing.. hope u can continue to play earth and dont give up on this game!

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 19:21:40

shinra: you can hone strats on alphaffa (http://www.earthempires.com/alphaffa) with upto 25 countries and unlimited turns.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Shinra Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 21:10:16

This is all very good info. Thanks a ton guys. I may not give up yet. I will try practicing also in a different server and alphaffa. I'm trying not to get frustrated. I will for now keep chugging along. Seeing the fact that there are so few players left in primary but good people left makes me kind of want to give it another chance.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2019, 5:10:27

I try not to double tap but some of y’all make it hard

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 2nd 2019, 14:51:27

This is all very good info. Thanks a ton guys. I may not give up yet. I will try practicing also in a different server and alphaffa. I'm trying not to get frustrated. I will for now keep chugging along. Seeing the fact that there are so few players left in primary but good people left makes me kind of want to give it another chance.

btw, the top guys cannot hit u if u are smaller than 1/4 their size.. some of them probably hit u while in range and then jump up networth.. this is especially true when the top guys are commies, cos their networth fluctuates a lot from the selling of military and then getting back up in networth after spending turns..

As a top guy, i would be turned off by targets who are not land fat.. big guys will go for the landfat and easy targets first.. as there are little ppl in primary to provide targets for the big guys, the way to survive is to go to the top and dont join the game late in the round

Shinra Game profile

Aug 2nd 2019, 21:47:17

Ahh yeah I meant 1/4th not 1/8th but, yeah I actually was here from the very beginning of the round, but lost internet connectivity I'm assuming due to some kind of work or maintenance for almost 4 days and that pretty much cost me a lot of early growth. I appreciate the advice though.

shanelee Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 2:13:36

the way to survive is to go to the top and dont join the game late in the round

I love this quote so I bought 200-500K turrets each day. And trying stay not too far behind from top 10

bug03 Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 21:20:02

I prefer to use the “I have 50 missiles pointed at your head” technique

Original Skywise L Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 21:39:31

That didn't help #4 after he rorred me, thinking 30 missiles would deter a retaliation that forces me to break GDI, duh....
Skywise

sinistril Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 3:31:42

Alliance, Team or FFA servers don't really have much hitting of other players. I suggest those to avoid the bottom feeding people of primary.

If you need netting tips feel free to PM.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 4:15:04

Originally posted by Original Skywise L:
That didn't help #4 after he rorred me, thinking 30 missiles would deter a retaliation that forces me to break GDI, duh....

That’s going to be some solid farm land. The second he comes out of dr I’ll be sure to be on that.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 13:05:21

Originally posted by Original Skywise L:

That reeks of macdaddy, I had a similar scenario last set but I hit back so hard that he couldn't recover fast enough, then he got purpled, he even messaged me after his ROR with a threat, I took that as a challenge....

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Aug 9th 2019, 13:08:27
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 13:06:18

SMH
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 13:06:41

DP
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 19:29:38

MG
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 11th 2019, 4:01:28

If you fall behind once on primary server you will stay behind unless you have very good allies or you happen to be a farmer selling at $60 or some crazy stuff like that. If I miss a day worth of turns I just quit playing. thats why I have like 0 primary sets in the past year, I missed a day due to RL early then just quit.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 11th 2019, 5:19:15

You can’t miss early true

87Fresh Game profile

Aug 11th 2019, 18:46:52

I was 2nd or 3rd, got into a little tussle with this one clown, dropped all the way to 20, now I'm back on the grind up in the top 10. Let's goooooo

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 11th 2019, 20:17:06

Maybe easier to miss days as an Indy? I miss lots all the time. Was so far behind earlier this round because of holidays, just gotta plug away and keep going.
The EEVIL Empire