Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2019, 21:33:56

1. Samoan
2. Helmet
3. Son Goku

I got my top 3 right here.

4-10 is murky and can go so many ways,

So, if you think someone is missing from my top 3 please post. and please post recommendations for the rest of my top 10.
Z is #1

Boltar Game profile

Aug 7th 2019, 21:39:22

I'd go with dragon he has been in or around Sol for what 20ish years? He's definitely been the glue that holds it together alot

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2019, 21:43:55

No one cares what you think.

~LAR

BROmanceNZ

Aug 8th 2019, 3:09:21

Pencil me in, leader of No Friends, pls bb? <3

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2019, 5:49:13

A/S/L?

BROmanceNZ

Aug 8th 2019, 7:11:05

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
A/S/L?

Dirty thirties. Very sexy. Asia.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2019, 7:27:58

What about some of the more historical leaders, such as Digtek from TGA, Viper from Rock, NorCal from SOL, Tirol from RAGE, Nazar from Arrow, English from Arrow, Red Mist from TIE, Hell, Inferno From TIE.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Neil Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 17:59:57

Patience

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 8th 2019, 18:04:16

I totally agree with Nazar

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 8th 2019, 18:05:01

I am almost tempted to toss Beltz in that list lol

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 19:12:13

Gallery would be at bottom of 100.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2019, 21:04:36

There's some old timer's on it, The majority of the remainder of the list is old timers...

I'm just really weak from 2003-2009, for example I know TIE had a dominant run then, and I don't know who that leader was.

of people I can think of from 2009 onward, Son Goku/Xyle/Makinso are the only ones that are worth consideration.

Everyone else (including me) doesn't really come close.
Pre 2003 I"m good:) But I do appreciate any names being brought up,
2003-2009 Is the era I know least of.
Z is #1

Karnage XZ

Aug 8th 2019, 22:02:51

Gerdler
Do as I say, not as I do.

major Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 22:09:44

Originally posted by Servant:
There's some old timer's on it, The majority of the remainder of the list is old timers...

I'm just really weak from 2003-2009, for example I know TIE had a dominant run then, and I don't know who that leader was.

of people I can think of from 2009 onward, Son Goku/Xyle/Makinso are the only ones that are worth consideration.

Sir Mao and Peki were the leaders in TIE during that time period.

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 22:14:28

Sam and Helmet were the best from the era that started with the formation of SoF. That was summer of 2000? or was that summer of 99? Was samoan the leader of MD from the very start? Either way I feel MD only became really dominant around 99.

Tirol and Nazar were critical on their own when Rage and Arrow peaked with their huge member counts.

Offhand no one mentioned 3D/DL/whatever other names he had.

Most other leaders were either pretty invisible unless you were part of their fold or were straight up bastards. Also, I didn't play at all from 05-08. So if someone did something big then I missed it.

I consider the EE era another era entirely. And in that case your only choices are the various leaders of LaF.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 22:16:37

That was mostly set with Peki Mao and Ant I think.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 8th 2019, 22:16:51

At least the later part of that time period.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 9th 2019, 0:22:38

Originally posted by Karnage XZ:
Gerdler

For being inactive most of my tenure and letting Gains do almost everything? My main contribution is comming on every now and again screaming that what everyone is doing everything wrong and then leaving again.

ninong Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 0:56:59

Mike001 (or whatever # it was) of SERBIA
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 9th 2019, 1:48:39

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Gerdler

For being inactive most of my tenure and letting Gains do almost everything? My main contribution is comming on every now and again screaming that what everyone is doing everything wrong and then leaving again.

True story. Some times I have no clue what personality Gerdler is going to play. :P

Originally posted by Marshal:

At least I am on the list then.....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 2:14:37

Says the guy that's struggleling to get a top 20 during a war set where there's 19 other netters.

/me drops mic
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Zelow Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 2:19:36

Gerdler

Yea......

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Says the guy that's struggleling to get a top 20 during a war set where there's 19 other netters.

/me drops mic

Owned..... Man Marshal is soooo useless.
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 9th 2019, 11:37:30

Originally posted by Zelow:
Gerdler

Yea......

Sometimes it's very important work tho. <3

Suicidal Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 14:04:54

buch should be added to the top 10. he is Supreme Leader of Alliance :P

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 9th 2019, 14:42:47

Originally posted by Suicidal:
buch should be added to the top 10. he is Supreme Leader of Alliance :P

I second this motion!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 15:00:30

I agree. Hail Supreme Leader buch

Cocoyy Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 15:49:32

Helmet

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 16:32:02

+1 for buch. HAIL

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2019, 17:42:14

Buch supreme dic.....er.....leader :P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 9th 2019, 19:19:20

princess fluff

that is all
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Boltar Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 19:23:05

No Bob the goldfish?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 9th 2019, 19:25:55

Inanimate carbon rod!
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 9th 2019, 19:37:30

don't forget WULFBAM!

Not gonna comment on the list but I will say that playing the game as an alliance leader/political negotiation level was a whole different experience than simply running a tag internally or playing a country.

Several of us (myself included) had opportunities to really FUBAR alliance server though politics but for the most part none of us went that far:P

Who you rank/credit is going to depend on which tag you played for and which "side" you were one at any given time more than anything because it impacted who you interacted with. That and alliance leaders that liked to post losts to AT (no idea who they may be :P )

Also what is the basis for your ranking? War victories? Server impact? Netting? Whoever ran NM (i forget) should rank high up there for keeping the tag out of trouble (mostly) and netting quietly for a long time.

One day I will read through my earth logs which I have somewhere for a good laugh:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Karnage XZ

Aug 9th 2019, 19:45:19

Alright, I don't expect to be in the top ten, but could somebody honestly rank me?

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 19:55:40

Originally posted by martian:
don't forget WULFBAM!

Not gonna comment on the list but I will say that playing the game as an alliance leader/political negotiation level was a whole different experience than simply running a tag internally or playing a country.

Several of us (myself included) had opportunities to really FUBAR alliance server though politics but for the most part none of us went that far:P

Who you rank/credit is going to depend on which tag you played for and which "side" you were one at any given time more than anything because it impacted who you interacted with. That and alliance leaders that liked to post losts to AT (no idea who they may be :P )

Also what is the basis for your ranking? War victories? Server impact? Netting? Whoever ran NM (i forget) should rank high up there for keeping the tag out of trouble (mostly) and netting quietly for a long time.

One day I will read through my earth logs which I have somewhere for a good laugh:P

meh.

i was leading an alliance that joined in when digtek put together FoG and I wouldn't put him as a great. And I never sided with Samoan on anything really and MD quietly dominated the server for most of his era.

What I'm saying is that you're wrong that people can't be objective about Earth.

Also, NM/Cartoon/whever else you're thinking get credit for longevity. But that's it. Monsters are now what they have always been. Respected. Respectful. Quiet. But powerful, impactful, winningest? Nah.

Ant

Aug 9th 2019, 20:11:40

i checked my mails

Early 2000 = JackET.

JackET cleaned the mess that Croaker left behind.

Croaker declared Eternal war against RD and a few days later he went inactive, JackET was leading the fight against RD. RD kept killing TIE, JackET had meetings with RD leaders and JackET and other TIE leaders accepted RD's terms.

JackET apologized to RD in public (so that TIE and his members can still play normal :P).

Croaker gets active around the moment TIE surrenders and starts to be a cry baby..

mid 2000

JackET stepped down and made Sir Mao the new pres of TIE, Sir Mao makes Ant as Second in Command, Peki was Sec of War and later VP of War Dept. Early 2008 Sir Mao vanished. He lived 40 km from me but no phone no mail reply's and empty house (still bugs me after 11 years. Later in 2008 i got hearth problems and ended in the hospital and Peki was left alone. Later when i returned Peki told me that there are leadership problems in TIE so i returned and Peki left (busy in rl). Shortly later again i had hearth problems and again was brought to the hospital. So i made someone Pres.

i left earth till Mr. Silver contacted me.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 9th 2019, 20:12:01

I don't think bias would be formed because you fought against someone (or didn't like them in game) necessarily
but rather who you actually interacted with, when you played, and what your roll was at the time. There's a difference between 1st hand versus 3rd hand.

And let me ask you this: how many quiet netting tags survived for that long? And no, laf wouldn't qualify:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Ant

Aug 9th 2019, 20:12:34

oh yeah our mistake was that we kept everyting between us 3, Was a big mistake :P

Boltar Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 20:24:17

Martian. If u can one day find me the log where sof and Sol was doing raheel of tehclub a solid and kill the Rd outpost in a simultaneous warchat yet separate too

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 9th 2019, 20:25:09

I think the basis, atleast from an outward perspective, should be changes in performance metrics such as ANW/TNW/T10s/T100s/members/respect for netters and HPMs/war wins/kills/restart rates/members/respect for war tags.
If you oversee a tag that becomes better in all these under your tenure you've done a good job. If you become worse in all these you have done a fluff job and if you are stagnant or improving on some but becomming worse at some we need to look more carefully in order to make a judgement.

You are not automatically a great leader just because your tag is great. For instance LaF is great but it has very little to do with me and much more to do with a huge base of skilled members and sleeping leaders who either play constantly or slip into and out of retirement regularily. The real decider is if you took your tag to greater heights than before in some fashion.

When it comes to the requirements for a leader to be great I would say:
I think activity(when required) is by far the most important factor in a leader. No matter how you distribute tasks within the alliance it always works more smoothly and you always get faster and better decisions if the top man is there to help make those decisions.

Second highest is social skills, both in regards to dealing with other alliances and dealing with own members.

Then you gotta have good internal and external strategy with all that it includes game knowledge, understanding the political situation and understanding your tags strengths and weaknesses in comparison to others and quickly grasping the chess match that is pacting and warring in Earth. Thinking one more move ahead of everyone else is not always necessary but can make a huge difference in some situations.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 20:35:09

Alright, I don't expect to be in the top ten, but could somebody honestly rank me?

Honestly I'd rank u same as me outside top 100. u below me on the merit that the topic was alliance leader not just war modding

Karnage XZ

Aug 9th 2019, 20:50:46

Originally posted by Boltar:

Honestly I'd rank u same as me outside top 100. u below me on the merit that the topic was alliance leader not just war modding
So basically around 1000?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 9th 2019, 21:14:17

You are even better at almost every aspect of EE than at least 7 billion live people, and far more dead ones.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 9th 2019, 22:18:28

Ur 1002. I'm 1001

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 10th 2019, 0:04:42

Ur 1002. I'm 1001

You have no rank. People that cannot respond to inquiries suck :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 10th 2019, 3:04:28

Ur 1002. I'm 1001

I'm 1003 then :-)
(•_•)

sinistril Game profile

Aug 10th 2019, 3:08:24

Then you gotta have good internal and external strategy with all that it includes game knowledge, understanding the political situation and understanding your tags strengths and weaknesses in comparison to others and quickly grasping the chess match that is pacting and warring in Earth. Thinking one more move ahead of everyone else is not always necessary but can make a huge difference in some situations.

So policing a 200 member grudge war with your 5 member tag would make you a bad leader?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 10th 2019, 3:22:46

Originally posted by galleri:

Ur 1002. I'm 1001

You have no rank. People that cannot respond to inquiries suck :P

fluff. Forgot to talk to xyle. I'll message him now

MorTcuS Game profile

Aug 10th 2019, 22:03:51

I used to be pretty badass at leading alliances. I led Quebec alliance and VP'd Steel, etc.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Boltar Game profile

Aug 10th 2019, 22:34:06

I remember Quebec. It merged into neofed somewhere in the history