Verified:

Boltar Game profile

Jul 27th 2019, 3:05:57

Completely do away with the last 24 homotarians range being shortened. The beginning do away with the low civ returns for a kill and change it to a certain day that u can start to do special attacks .

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 12:34:25

Strongly disagree.

The early game mechanics make early war less one-dimensional and more of a judgement call on when to switch to kills while in your version all that goes out of the window and the game clearly tells you when you can start an endless string of GS.

When it comes to the last hours of humanitarians shrinkage they serve a very important purpose in reducing end of set griefing to decide ranks but I'm sure if we put our mind to it with that in mind we could figure out a better formula for doing just that.

Formulas like this allows knowledgeable players to outplay others. If our goal is to simplify EE, remove all analytical components, and to make it all about clicking fast and being available at a computer 24/7 then we make EE a pure action gratification game and in that it's hopelessly outmatched by thousands of games including the original Quake from 1996 not to mention almost every single game released since then.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 28th 2019, 1:19:42

But in the current version or model u like there can be a early war just the returns are crap. If rather there be a set day and time were returns are normal and u can start war if u want instead of basically being able to start on day 3 and potentially warring for 56-57 days and yes I understand the purpose of the last day nw being narrowed but it's for those who aren't aiming to screw up a betters set it shouldn't make it harder to hit and kill when u have been doing it x number of weeks already I'm not anti netting or better. I'm just not pro netting or netter where a majority of the changes get made to benefit them

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 3rd 2019, 10:25:32

The majority of changes done last has been changes that fluffed netters majorly such as spy ops strength and success rate as well as restart strength that was made to help warring people but created everlasting suiciders as a side dish for us to deal with for the past years.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2019, 9:25:57

Restart bonus is the biggest change added in terms of not beneficial to netters, in fact you can easily argue it was a suicider's wet dream :-(
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Boltar Game profile

Aug 7th 2019, 22:28:07

Gerd ur a smart guy. Smarter then I. Do a chart on here. Pro netter change / pro warring change. Then let's count them up and see whom has gotten more changes done in favor of which side. And be unbiased

Edited By: Boltar on Aug 7th 2019, 22:30:08
See Original Post

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 8th 2019, 0:01:43

This is a valid concern for both sides. We need to try to make the game more fun for both netters and war'ers but it is a very fine line.

Edited By: Jabroni1134 on Aug 8th 2019, 0:09:35
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2019, 19:32:00

It really shouldn't have to be netters vs warriors.
It's just some of the warring people think that its a godgiven right that when they hit a netter that netter has no way to defend himself or strike back unless he spent the last 1000 turns to prepare himself to get blindsided, in which case that war-guy would have picked another target anyway.
They don't really want war when they do that, they want a slaughter, we have seen it time and time again, they are here to ruin peoples game experience, a fact they are very frank about on the forums(and on IRC and ingame) and I have no reason to doubt them. The game currently promotes such behavior. The devs have taken issue with it but not done anything about it so far.
But that camp doesnt include all warriors, only a fringe group, and its also not a group that should be considered as their goals(stated and obvious) are to ruin the game rather than to make it better.

A host of changes including the restart bonuses but also the spy op damage formulas, the SPAL formula and the NW modifyier for landgrabs and special attacks, which were changed to make wars last longer, results in a big country being completely ineffective in waging war with special attacks against a smaller country while the smaller country deals immense damage. These are changes that were introduced in EE and they have all been anti-netter.

Formula changes are nice. We can find a balance perhaps. But only if we agree on the issues.

Edited By: Gerdler on Aug 14th 2019, 19:34:53

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2019, 20:43:54

So for this you got 10 hours of humanitarians and no wars start in those hours, its only griefing that is negatively impacted. So what you would get is 5 hours of longer war every reset, and everyone seems to be complaining that wars are too long anyway.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 15th 2019, 16:53:00

There should be a war functionally built into the game, so that if 2 clans are at war in game, humanitarian range doesnt stop the war for the last 6 hours of the set.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance