Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2019, 20:23:25

Watch this before they pulled it from YouTube, I remember all this from 20+ years ago...
https://youtu.be/qQKaCTdrmJc
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Savage Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 18:12:20

Thanks for posting KoH, that was a good? (Scary) watch. Makes me want to do some follow up. Then makes me think any follow up will be tainted with disinformation.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2019, 18:31:35

You're welcome, yes scary indeed.

BTW that youtube channel has good content :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 18:47:52

can someone download and save that video?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2019, 19:04:25

Originally posted by Boltar:
can someone download and save that video?

You need a YouTube Red account to be able to.
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 19:09:56

i googled it, and it downloaded going to check it out now

daspheebsie Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 19:13:40

There are multiple sites to download youtube videos without having Red:

https://y2mate.com/youtube/qQKaCTdrmJc

Enjoy.

After losing my Aunt on Friday from Stage 4/Metastatic/Terminal Breast Cancer, and numerous other family members from Terminal/Stage 4 Cancer. as well as having a 37 year old friend that has been living with MBC for over 4 years. I think I am going to refrain from talking about this, because quite frankly a number of people have "found" a cancer cure yet when put to the test all it does is mask the symptoms or the like. That includes pot, DoTerra/Essential Oils, and every other homeopathic "cure". So cheers.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2019, 19:25:43

Thanks!
(•_•)

Chevs

Jul 10th 2019, 23:08:22

what was the tl:dr?

what was the cure? was that the acetate thinger
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2019, 23:10:29

Originally posted by Chevs:
what was the tl:dr?

what was the cure? was that the acetate thinger

No, you should take the time to watch it, this doctor is still helping people despite the FDA and NCI repeated attempts to shut him down.
(•_•)

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 23:38:51

For someone who deals with the FDA (and Health Canada, etc) frequently and has multiple public teams conducting clinical trials on products of my invent, understands the laws and bureaucratic framework, and limitations of the FDA.. the notion they have a conspiracy to cover up cancer cures or treatments is so laughably asinine I cannot find the words

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2019, 23:41:30

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
For someone who deals with the FDA (and Health Canada, etc) frequently and has multiple public teams conducting clinical trials on products of my invent, understands the laws and bureaucratic framework, and limitations of the FDA.. the notion they have a conspiracy to cover up cancer cures or treatments is so laughably asinine I cannot find the words

Sheepple also work for the FDA.

🙊🙉🙈
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 3:07:33

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Sheepple also work for the FDA.

🙊🙉🙈

Let me guess.. natural news follower, Alex Jones fan... IQ sub 80

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 3:34:21

I prefer not to get into stuff i can't verify, etc.

I will say that our nation seems to put more emphasis on sick care than health care. If doctors were at all in a position to be offer insight other than what drugs to prescribe it would be helpful. It's absolutely insane that you can become a doctor of medicne in this country without taking a nutrition class. That should be at least a quarter of what they learn about. In theory that's because pharmaceutical companies lobby the FDA to sell their drugs. And the curriculum for educating doctors is tailored around the highest profit margins.

daspheebsie Game profile

Jul 11th 2019, 3:37:48

KOH I don't know you well, but I know you have a tendency to be good people, but please understand that for people that cancer touches their lives every single day, the myth of a cure is just that a myth. I, and I am sure LT want nothing NOTHING more than for there to be a cure to cancer. But right now, there isn't. There are management medications for MBC like Faslodex among others (which one of my friends from child hood is a spokewoman for), we have to be real with ourselves. I know that one day in the future, I will be attending another funeral, for another friend, another family member that has died from cancer. I have to be real with myself that genetically I'm fluffed. Because I have the genes to get the same thing that killed my grandmother.

I hate to invoke him but, Elves knows the pain and the hurt of it, we were married when my Brother in Law passed away from cancer. He was diagnosed 8 months before his daughter was born. He got to see her born, and then died some few short weeks later.

My aunt someone he also knows, passed on Friday, leaving behind two daughters that are still children in their own right, and a granddaughter. A granddaughter she was taking care of because her daughter, the grandchilds mom, died of cancer.

If that makes me a sheeple, then fine. But I don't want to hedge my bets on some theory that the FDA has shut down a cure. What they are talking about there, is a blanket cure. And that cure will never ever work even if it was a thing. Genetically speaking each cancer is different.

I said I wasn't going to get involved. I said I was just going to let it go. But I think you missed my remark on the fact that it is nothing but a theory. A theory that is faulty. A theory that at best a troll because it gives hope to people that are already looking for things that would make life better, to give them extra years.

If you want to find a cure, or help find a cure, get involved with a group of people like Metavivor, or any BCAF. Or any other thing. Because I know that those people are fighting each and everyday to find an actual cure.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 4:14:58

Originally posted by daspheebsie:
KOH I don't know you well, but I know you have a tendency to be good people, but please understand that for people that cancer touches their lives every single day, the myth of a cure is just that a myth. I, and I am sure LT want nothing NOTHING more than for there to be a cure to cancer. But right now, there isn't. There are management medications for MBC like Faslodex among others (which one of my friends from child hood is a spokewoman for), we have to be real with ourselves. I know that one day in the future, I will be attending another funeral, for another friend, another family member that has died from cancer. I have to be real with myself that genetically I'm fluffed. Because I have the genes to get the same thing that killed my grandmother.

I hate to invoke him but, Elves knows the pain and the hurt of it, we were married when my Brother in Law passed away from cancer. He was diagnosed 8 months before his daughter was born. He got to see her born, and then died some few short weeks later.

My aunt someone he also knows, passed on Friday, leaving behind two daughters that are still children in their own right, and a granddaughter. A granddaughter she was taking care of because her daughter, the grandchilds mom, died of cancer.

If that makes me a sheeple, then fine. But I don't want to hedge my bets on some theory that the FDA has shut down a cure. What they are talking about there, is a blanket cure. And that cure will never ever work even if it was a thing. Genetically speaking each cancer is different.

I said I wasn't going to get involved. I said I was just going to let it go. But I think you missed my remark on the fact that it is nothing but a theory. A theory that is faulty. A theory that at best a troll because it gives hope to people that are already looking for things that would make life better, to give them extra years.

If you want to find a cure, or help find a cure, get involved with a group of people like Metavivor, or any BCAF. Or any other thing. Because I know that those people are fighting each and everyday to find an actual cure.

Oh it has touched me in more ways you can imagine, and I stand firmly behind my knowledge of how the FDA and Big Pharma works....in fact, this isn't me pulling theories out of my ass as Lord Tarnava suggests, it doesn't take rocket science to put two and two together, however if you are tied to that industry....i can see why that person would be offended by this.

You can either believe, disbelieve, or do your own research...i went with the latter

Sorry if I offended anyone :-)
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 4:27:13

I’ll watch it later thanks for sharing!

Savage Game profile

Jul 11th 2019, 4:32:30

I don’t believe they’re saying it’s a cure all for every type of cancer nor that it will always be effective. Only that in some cases, some percentage of the time it will be. That is obviously a huge, huge win. Given the relatively minor side effects compared to chemo/radiation it could disrupt the industry.

I’m naturally skeptical of this kind of thing but I leave the door open to the possibility. I wouldn’t call someone sheeple (that’s a silly thing to do) the same as I would expect a reasonable person to not always believe all narratives that are spun to them.

This is the info from cancer.gov
https://www.cancer.gov/...am/hp/antineoplastons-pdq

Most of the testing info comes from the developer. I wouldn’t put that on him, he obviously wants the testing done so it can get FDA approval. There seems to be some success from the treatment. In the 10-25% range, however given the conditions of the trials you cannot entirely associate the resolution of the tumors with the other treatments were used in conjunction in those cases.

The cases that are shown off in the film seem compelling. Chemo and radiation failed and the antineoplastons treatment provided by Dr. Burzynski cured the tumor(s).

If you were in the position where modern conventional medicine cannot cure you but you have a chance, why not take it? It seems like that’s the situation many of his patients come from. Or the radiation is going to be so damaging that it’s not worth it.

I’m not sure that this and pot/essential oils should be conflated. It makes sense those could help with symptom relief but not much more.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 4:48:33

Theres also the part where the trial is done in a way that can easily be manipulated, like they did with Dr Burzinsky, in his case they completely changed the ingredients values and locked him out of the process so that the trials would be a failure, that is completely documented and proven.

FDA is not in business of finding cures, just follow the money trail, it isn't hard.

I'll throw an added bonus, right of the top of my head i can name two ingredients used in many of our foods that aren't even nor should be labeled food groups.....aspertame (used in over 90% of sugar free candies and chewing gums), and high fructose corn syrup, ask any reputable nutritionist if any of those two should be in our food supply......can you guess more? Needless to say....they are somehow in our food supply.....oh wait...should'nt the FDA be watching over us?......well, not if somebody with millions of dollars paid them off...

Sick but all too real.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Jul 11th 2019, 4:51:02
(•_•)

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 11th 2019, 5:08:26

My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Jul 11th 2019, 5:16:02

Originally posted by daspheebsie:

Literally one of the clinical trials on a compound of my design is for mitigating the side effects of radiation therapy in patients with high grade gliomas (a very aggressive type of cancer)

The fact is cancer is VERY complicated and a general term for 10s of thousands of different mutations.

We all have ‘cancerous cells’ and millions of them, some are innocuous and some hijack the ability to relicateb(such as hijacking our telomere/telomerase function) and relicate out of control

I’m critical of pharma, the FDA but it isn’t a conspiracy, it’s just flaws in the system

I have hundreds of thousands of words of blog content, some touching on the issues with industry, the black and white dichotomous messaging between pharma and natural, etc

Feel free to read at drinkhrw.com

The Cloaked Game profile

Jul 11th 2019, 5:20:01

I watched part of it. But it's not only the FDA that has found Burzinsky's work flawed. Government agencies are deeply flawed. But they are also open and leak like a sieve. The idea that corporate greed could shut up the health and regulatory departments of so many countries for so long without people talking is pretty far fetched.

I don't doubt that most big cancer charities are a scam(they are). I don't doubt that big pharma companies don't really care about curing cancer(they don't).

But I also think we're in la-la land if you think mysterious companies can keep regulators across the world from approving cancer cures. I also don't think as many billionaires would die of cancer if it was just money keeping the cure away.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 5:21:31

"I’m critical of pharma, the FDA but it isn’t a conspiracy, it’s just flaws in the system"

They conspire to make billions $$, how can you call that a flaw in the system?
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 5:25:57

Originally posted by The Cloaked:
I watched part of it. But it's not only the FDA that has found Burzinsky's work flawed. Government agencies are deeply flawed. But they are also open and leak like a sieve. The idea that corporate greed could shut up the health and regulatory departments of so many countries for so long without people talking is pretty far fetched.

I don't doubt that most big cancer charities are a scam(they are). I don't doubt that big pharma companies don't really care about curing cancer(they don't).

But I also think we're in la-la land if you think mysterious companies can keep regulators across the world from approving cancer cures. I also don't think as many billionaires would die of cancer if it was just money keeping the cure away.

People are talking, FDA and Big Pharma are being exposed, when you have billions $ at your disposal....you can make things happen...did you miss the part where the FDA spent $60m in a campaign to shut down Dr Burzinsky? Thats $60 million that could have been treatment development.....ever wonder why? If he's a fraud...why spend $60m to shut him down? He didn't kill a single person.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Jul 11th 2019, 5:28:15
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 5:29:13

"I’m critical of pharma, the FDA but it isn’t a conspiracy, it’s just flaws in the system"

They conspire to make billions $$, how can you call that a flaw in the system?

Honestly you don’t know what you’re talking about. I do. I know almost every natural health leader in the USA, personally. I formulate products for most major US alt health and natural supplement company’s. I literally was the first external editor on the book in dev by a natural doctor with almost 20 million followers

I deal with the FDA monthly. One of my business partners is from Pharma- he was the head of innovation in a collab between Merck and Zalicus, the largest pharma deal in Canadian history.

I spend tens of thousands a month on regulatory compliance with the FDA. I am an insider.

Read my 3 part series, part 1 here:

https://drinkhrw.com/...nt-trust-health-experts-1

Jul 11th 2019, 5:29:58

People are talking, FDA and Big Pharma are being exposed, when you have billions $ at your disposal....you can make things happen...did you miss the part where the FDA spent $60m in a campaign to shut down Dr Burzinsky? Thats $60 million that could have been treatment development.....ever wonder why? If he's a fraud...why spend $60m to shut him down? He didn't kill a single person.

He’s a fraud.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 5:33:45

He’s a fraud.

Ok... he's a fraud.... Why spend $60m to shut him down?
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 5:38:46

It is a simple question.
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 5:55:41

It is a simple question.

Selling ‘cures and treatment’ for diseases as alternatives to proven treatments that work (but are flawed) kill people

Stanislaw burzinksi is an indirect murdered. No hyperbole.

Chevs

Jul 11th 2019, 12:43:25

Q is back just saying...

hrc is a sick human being
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 13:43:46

It is a simple question.

Selling ‘cures and treatment’ for diseases as alternatives to proven treatments that work (but are flawed) kill people

Name 1 person that he killed.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 14:24:06

It is a simple question.

Name 1 person that he killed.

By the way, are we using the same metrics for the FDA and Big Pharma? Or is this just for one man trying to save lives when the medical establishment has failed, the people that go to Dr Burzinsky are the same ones that were told "your illness is terminal, there's nothing WE can do" so why does it bother you so much that the very people you told are dead anyways go to Dr Burzinsky? Did you even know that he saved many of those people you said they are dead anyway? Again.... why spend $60m attempting to shut down the man that actually saved many of the people you said they going to die anyways? I'm having a really hard time understanding you, Lord Tarnava.
(•_•)

Savage Game profile

Jul 11th 2019, 14:55:39

I think LT’s point is that there are people forgoing traditional, proven treatments to be treated at Dr. Burzynski‘s clinic. If he’s peddling woo then he’s essentially giving these people a guaranteed death sentence. Preventing something like that from happening is probably worth it for the FDA on principle.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 15:11:10

Originally posted by Savage:
I think LT’s point is that there are people forgoing traditional, proven treatments to be treated at Dr. Burzynski‘s clinic. If he’s peddling woo then he’s essentially giving these people a guaranteed death sentence. Preventing something like that from happening is probably worth it for the FDA on principle.

There's absolutely 0 evidence he's harming anyone....except Big Pharma's wallet, proves my point, doesn't it?
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 15:20:42

Hmmm. I didn't watch but now i see you're talking about Burzynski. Disappointed.

0 evidence he's harmed people physically? I suppose it depends on what false hope is worth to you.

Here are some testimonials from patients you can actually turn up on social media, unlike the ones in his docuseries who seem to be completely invisible from public record other than their appearance on that show.

https://theotherburzynskipatientgroup.wordpress.com/

I do hope you'll take time to read thru some of them. He's selling snake oil to vulnerable people. Also, calling a college dropout a "doctor" seems a little vain to me.

You can all start calling me Doctor Derrick if you want. I'm a college dropout too.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 11th 2019, 15:26:15
See Original Post

Savage Game profile

Jul 11th 2019, 15:25:19

It is a simple question.

Not directly killing. Just making people believe his treatment is their best choice when it may do nothing. If they had pursued traditional options initially they may have had a better chance.

I’m playing devils advocate here. It’s possible there is something there. As I said before there are some super compelling stories. I’d like to see further clinical testing following the proper protocols.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 15:35:05

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Hmmm. I didn't watch but now i see you're talking about Burzynski. Disappointed.

0 evidence he's harmed people physically? I suppose it depends on what false hope is worth to you.

Here are some testimonials from patients you can actually turn up on social media, unlike the ones in his docuseries who seem to be completely invisible from public record other than their appearance on that show.

https://theotherburzynskipatientgroup.wordpress.com/

I do hope you'll take time to read thru some of them.

There are stories like that everywhere, and the docuseries was done by independent organisation that cover stories, they aren't affiliates to alternative medicine, notice those stories date stamps....should raise questions, again, the FDA and Big Pharma have billions $$ at their disposal.
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 16:02:02

It is a simple question.

Not directly killing. Just making people believe his treatment is their best choice when it may do nothing. If they had pursued traditional options initially they may have had a better chance.

I’m playing devils advocate here. It’s possible there is something there. As I said before there are some super compelling stories. I’d like to see further clinical testing following the proper protocols.

Yes, hence "indirectly killing". Perhaps there is, and that is Burzynski's duty to conduct proper, 3rd party registered clinical trials. If he has a proof of concept he can justify he should be able to obtain IRB approval from a legitimate board. As it stands there were serious issues with his IRB approvals, leading to them being denied.

the case series' he authored and phase I trials had serious conflicts of interest, Burzynski being the lead author, etc. That isn't how science is conducted. He can yell conspiracy all he wants, but if he has something that works, it was his actions and conduct that has caused everyone to distrust him and stop him from potentially harming people.

Great quote from Polanyi on denying the feasibility of things, but why they must be dismissed:

"to deny the feasibility of something that is alleged to have been done or the possibility of an event that is supposed to have been observed, merely because we cannot understand in terms of our hitherto framework how it could have been done or could have happened, may often result in explaining away quite genuine practices or experiences. Yet this method of criticism is indispensable, and without its constant exercise no scientist or technician could keep a steady course among the many spurious observations which he has to set aside unexplained every day.”"

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 16:09:02

It is a simple question.

Yes, hence "indirectly killing". Perhaps there is, and that is Burzynski's duty to conduct proper, 3rd party registered clinical trials. If he has a proof of concept he can justify he should be able to obtain IRB approval from a legitimate board. As it stands there were serious issues with his IRB approvals, leading to them being denied.

the case series' he authored and phase I trials had serious conflicts of interest, Burzynski being the lead author, etc. That isn't how science is conducted. He can yell conspiracy all he wants, but if he has something that works, it was his actions and conduct that has caused everyone to distrust him and stop him from potentially harming people.

Great quote from Polanyi on denying the feasibility of things, but why they must be dismissed:

"to deny the feasibility of something that is alleged to have been done or the possibility of an event that is supposed to have been observed, merely because we cannot understand in terms of our hitherto framework how it could have been done or could have happened, may often result in explaining away quite genuine practices or experiences. Yet this method of criticism is indispensable, and without its constant exercise no scientist or technician could keep a steady course among the many spurious observations which he has to set aside unexplained every day.”"

Are these the same "legitimate boards" that are doing everything possible to discredit and stop the cannabis products from being used by doctors?
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 16:21:57

It is a simple question.

Are these the same "legitimate boards" that are doing everything possible to discredit and stop the cannabis products from being used by doctors?

CBD really doesn't have the science behind it to justify prescribed use.. maybe for epileptic seizures. Also, CBD is undergoing a lot of studies now.. it is getting a lot of clinical trial approvals. Science takes time. it needs to be done properly

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 16:28:49

It is a simple question.

CBD really doesn't have the science behind it to justify prescribed use.. maybe for epileptic seizures. Also, CBD is undergoing a lot of studies now.. it is getting a lot of clinical trial approvals. Science takes time. it needs to be done properly

Shouldn't take this long for something that it's side effect is just drowsiness....for some reason drugs that have Big Pharma support are put in the express lane....some actually killed people with their terrible side effects, yet they made it into the market....but I guess they were done "properly".
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 16:40:38

And then there's this https://www.drugwatch.com/...red/big-pharma-marketing/ and we are supposed to trust you/them. Of course they'll do everything in their power to block, delay and discredit alternatives to their stash.

But we need to look the other way and "trust" our government, right? After all....they are looking out for our best interest...
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 16:40:38

What in the actual hell are you talking about? The actual cost of getting a new drug to market exceeds $2.5b on average and can take 10-20 years.

You have no idea how this works.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 16:45:34

What in the actual hell are you talking about? The actual cost of getting a new drug to market exceeds $2.5b on average and can take 10-20 years.

That's even scarier....to know it takes that long and cost that much and still have the problems we have with them :-/ seems to me there's a ton of burocracy....
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 16:47:36

I honestly have no interest in you trusting me or confidence in making an impact on your thoughts at this point KoH

You’re a conspiracy theorist using ridiculous sources. You lack the knowledge, and likely cognitive abilities, to assess the actual system and know the failures and strengths

Jul 11th 2019, 16:50:58

That's even scarier....to know it takes that long and cost that much and still have the problems we have with them :-/ seems to me there's a ton of burocracy....

Overwhelming bureaucracy. The system is full of errors but it’s in place to try to protect people

It needs an overhaul and the FDA needs WAY MORE FUNDING. They need more officers and they need to pay them more to attract and keep better talent

When alt health quacks push unproven ‘cures’ and people forego treatments that work, patients die. The FDA needs to make an example of these people as otherwise everyone will say ‘the FDA does nothing. I’m going to sell bleach enemas as a cancer cure’- which has happened

I recommend reading Ben Goldacre’s Bad Science and Bad Pharma, easy, informative reads that give a good entry into the multitude of issues

Jul 11th 2019, 16:56:28

we also need to fund public science better. Industry funded research is typically 4-7x more likely to find a positive result to industry's interest, compared to publicly funded science- depending on the industry. IIRC the natural/organic/supplement industry has a lower rate of replication than Pharma, but not by much. Many of the organic funded think tank centers such as the Ramazzini institute have never had a study successfully replicated. Pure corruption and bad science.

As it stands we don't give enough grants to public researchers. Universities don't pay their researchers enough... one of my editors has a Ph|D in biochem and is a postdoctoral researcher in cancer biology at UPenn. She requested $25/hr for editing work, which is well above the avg post doc salary. It's disgusting. On top of that, after 5 years as a Post Doc there is a low chance of gaining tenure, and a low payout even if they do.

So scientists go private.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 17:03:22

Overwhelming bureaucracy. The system is full of errors but it’s in place to try to protect people

It needs an overhaul and the FDA needs WAY MORE FUNDING. They need more officers and they need to pay them more to attract and keep better talent

When alt health quacks push unproven ‘cures’ and people forego treatments that work, patients die. The FDA needs to make an example of these people as otherwise everyone will say ‘the FDA does nothing. I’m going to sell bleach enemas as a cancer cure’- which has happened

I recommend reading Ben Goldacre’s Bad Science and Bad Pharma, easy, informative reads that give a good entry into the multitude of issues

Ok now we're getting somewhere, people are dying every day and fluff needs to change, an overhaul is needed for sure as you stated, problem is our political hacks don't seem to care, why can't you guys and Big Pharma lobby for the much needed overhaul? It is clear that we the people are powerless and all we can do is fluff & moan until one day someone with the ability actually hears our cries for help and steps in.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2019, 17:08:16

we also need to fund public science better. Industry funded research is typically 4-7x more likely to find a positive result to industry's interest, compared to publicly funded science- depending on the industry. IIRC the natural/organic/supplement industry has a lower rate of replication than Pharma, but not by much. Many of the organic funded think tank centers such as the Ramazzini institute have never had a study successfully replicated. Pure corruption and bad science.

As it stands we don't give enough grants to public researchers. Universities don't pay their researchers enough... one of my editors has a Ph|D in biochem and is a postdoctoral researcher in cancer biology at UPenn. She requested $25/hr for editing work, which is well above the avg post doc salary. It's disgusting. On top of that, after 5 years as a Post Doc there is a low chance of gaining tenure, and a low payout even if they do.

So scientists go private.

I agree :-) and I'll take a look at the read you provided.
(•_•)

Jul 11th 2019, 17:12:55

we do... the biggest in the industries, the "good actors" are the ones demanding enforcement against the "bad actors" and petitioning for more funding to the FDA... which gets routinely ignored.

no issues spending trillions on more weapons, but a few extra bucks to improve the FDA so we can have a better working system? More money so scientists dedicating their lives for the public good can actually conduct proper studies? Politicians don't like that and taxpayers/voters don't seem to tell them it's a priority...

The FDA is seriously underfunded and understaffed. They're overwhelmed.