Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 25th 2019, 16:49:01

You are no longer using the latest version of the bot code.

The_Hawk

Apr 25th 2019, 17:21:01

What was unique about the updated code?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 25th 2019, 18:48:48

All the players in the game have adapted to a game with the changes that took place last year, and yet now we are playing with old bot code for no reason. The strats are unbalanced because players picked strats based on the market conditions etc that the 'current' bot code will result in, but since we are using old bot code that will not be balanced.

I wont tell exactly what will happen as I stand to benefit greatly from this and want to be alone in that but X players will have their resets completely ruined by this and there is nothing they can do about it.

PS I think the indy bots work better with the old code than the newest code, so there is that. But all the other improvements are gone.

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 25th 2019, 18:52:00

sinistril Game profile

Apr 26th 2019, 2:41:30

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
What was unique about the updated code?

The way bots buy tech, explore and how bots buy military are the three bigs ones I believe
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

trumpoz Game profile

Apr 26th 2019, 7:26:50

The DPA requirements of bots were increased in the newest version of the code. That means in older versions of the code the bots purchased more tech. Gerdler is probably playing Tyr -> Demo Techer with a switch to Demo around 100-110k..... dropping nw quit a bit before switching to minimise nw losses of the switch itself.

Edited By: trumpoz on Apr 26th 2019, 7:31:37

bayrock Game profile

Apr 29th 2019, 23:38:41

literally no response at all from qzjul. is this guy dead or wat? this is why we need someone new

Marshal Game profile

Apr 30th 2019, 20:42:20

qz is busy at work and pang is busy at work and with the baby.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Invictus Game profile

Apr 30th 2019, 21:55:47

What server you talking about?

Marshal Game profile

May 1st 2019, 13:02:43

gerdler or bayrock?

Zelow Game profile

May 3rd 2019, 0:30:53

Marshal is lame.
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

Marshal Game profile

May 3rd 2019, 15:36:34

how so?

sinistril Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 5:59:30

Change the bot code back in a fundamental way at the end of this reset, please. This old code is problematic.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 10th 2019, 7:03:59

The techer bots are back to the current code. They stop growing with all their turns, get defences and tech turns which is good. The issues now are because almost everyone are at war and thus the tech prices get inflated when the casher indy farmer bots are not kept in check by a laf- size contingent of netting grabbers.
That leads to techer bots having more cash than usual as well.

The market will never work without netters. And the non-laf netting tags dont run the right proportions of strats to make the markets work. They don't try to and they cant coordinate that anyway. The market is misbehaving in a very predictable manner, actually.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 11th 2019, 22:15:24

As far as I know the bots are not created to be game-server specific.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 12th 2019, 3:52:40

Yeah its the same bot code everwhere.

When this post was created the server had just reset and first the bots were mot restarted, and when after a few days they finally were restarted it was running on 1 year old bot code.

So the bots didn't want allies, techer bots didn't tech and the defences were much lower.