Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 21:41:15

Hey guys,

Time has come for me to switch off the lights in my ee career. I took a minute to access how much time I'm actually spending in this game and if I'm still enjoying it and it's just not the same game for me anymore. I came to PDM when there was 1-2 tagged each set, I'e been insanely active, always positive and recruited hard to see pdm at 6-8 members each set. I love PDM, I love the players, and I've met a few half decent people across the server. But the ratio between nice people and absolute toxic fluffwits is about 1 / 10.

This game has such a toxic nature to it that its actually unhealthy. You can clearly see the devide between players and its incredibly bad for your health. People are enraged, harrasing, threatening and bringing wives and kids into discussions. It has to stop, in the end this game has 20 years of grudges and this 'text game' is now being used as a tool to carry out grudges, that is it.

The game hasn't changed, in fact its gotten progressively worse and there is no change you can develop that will fix peoples stale bitter attitudes here. I am a nobody here, but I also represent the best of the game. I've always been positive, happy to help, happy to help growth of the game but in the end it doesn't matter.

This game is a habit that people have that needs to be stopped and filled with something that will make you happy. We've gotten into a habit of creating a country and running turns just because. Because we've all being doing it for years.

If you look at the actual toxic nature of what is going on here I think the person who actually owns the game, for the good of the community needs to turn the server off. Even for 6 months, and let everyone take a break...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2019, 21:48:13

https://youtu.be/bT90D0GKZRM

I'll miss your silly question threads :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 21:49:20

:)

Karnage XZ

Jul 1st 2019, 22:06:44

I personally have nothing against you. But if you attack me at the request of others when I've done nothing to you. You seriously can't blame me. Sure I wrecked your country, but you said you were asked to police and I guess you thought it would be easier(I am not Imag). I let someone kill me twice in 1a because I seriously didn't care. It's not a reason to quit the game, this is a reason not to support toxic alliances such as sof who asked a netting alliance to police for them of which I would have told them no to begin with. I Declared war on them just like you asked me too and you still continued to hit me after I thought that is what you needed to ensure that you could go back to netting. I take no blame for you quitting, but you're not wrong either this game is too toxic.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 22:46:27

he attacked you, cause you were detagged from SoF. then u hit SoF, ur on the forums enough u surely could have seen the PDM is policing for SoL and SoF thread. him and his alliance was doing their job. also a 1 country alliance isnt going to be considered a real alliance. you should know this, you have been around long enough. also your actions before and after you was detagged is what will also get you not considered for a real alliance

Makinso Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 23:05:29

Originally posted by Boltar:
he attacked you, cause you were detagged from SoF. then u hit SoF, ur on the forums enough u surely could have seen the PDM is policing for SoL and SoF thread. him and his alliance was doing their job. also a 1 country alliance isnt going to be considered a real alliance. you should know this, you have been around long enough. also your actions before and after you was detagged is what will also get you not considered for a real alliance

This stop being an idiot Syko. Your actions ask for policing action. If you don't get that from any point of view then you seriously lack any basic rule this game ever had. lol

Wrecking someones netting over what you've done wrong on your own..... that's like murdering someone and then getting angry for being sent to jail?

Makinso Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 23:05:56

You'll be missed though Cuban :-)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2019, 23:16:48

Asking pdm to police was a dumb idea. They werent going to be able to do fluff and you knew that all along. You put them in a position to fail, not syko. I get that they shouldda just said no, but I've known people on your side enough to know the immense pressure you put on netters to ruin their countries killing a known waller. Honestly our side had no part in creating this conflict. Sol fses elders every set regardless of politics and sof had called their shot on laf.

Perhaps you should have let random 5 member netting tags out if you didnt want to see them quit. We would never pressure a tiny netting tag to defend us because we are getting our ass beat. We'd kill our own enemies. Or at least let them slide on trying to kill a known waller and laf member. Just call a spade a spade and chalk it up like the netting tags do essentially every time we mistype them.

Honestly cuban, you'd see how poorly you've been treated if you had better allies. You're aligned with the toxicity right now so it makes sense that it seems more than usual.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 1st 2019, 23:21:09
See Original Post

sinistril Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 23:19:23

Even I can't see how Syko is in the wrong here. If you're policing suiciders and untags, be prepared to be hit by suiciders and untags.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2019, 23:27:53

Originally posted by sinistril:
Even I can't see how Syko is in the wrong here. If you're policing suiciders and untags, be prepared to be hit by suiciders and untags.

You could tell he just agreed to police in hopes it was a clean war between fluffin xyle and his people tryna sneak into laf's website vs syko being shady on his own occord on behalf of laf, a notoriously shady tag. I think if cuban had communicated to laf, he would have known how many sof players have attempted to access laf's website in advance, and avoided the toxicity. So he's maybe a little naive.

I've posted before that im fighting against that, but i cant take on everything. Elders would consider helping pdm in this situation were we not blindsided by PDMs allies. At that point all i can say is this. "You were set up by your allies. Get on the right side."

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2019, 23:41:26

Edited By: Jayr on Jul 2nd 2019, 0:22:32
wasn't me...

breeze Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 23:46:46

Im agreeing with Derrick on the policing.

mrcuban you and I have had our differences and we have worked through them. I really don't want to see you go. I do agree with what you said above. Maybe take a step back from leadership and from the forums for a bit. Sometimes leading a clan is very frustrating. One thing I really care about is the way some bring others family members in the conversation. I do not like that at all. In fact it pisses me off to no end and it should never be done. If you need a break come on over we have room in iMag. No pressure there. I really don't want to see you go.

Karnage XZ

Jul 1st 2019, 23:58:15

I can promise that if PDM stop hitting me altogether right now, I will cease fire immediately. Not a problem. I acted on my own, it's not like someone held a gun to my head and told me to gain intel. I had fun with xyle and all those people in sof at one time, I also enjoyed being in sol for a time. But man you come to play in LaF a tag that I've been in on and off for longer than I played in any other alliance and you expect me to just lay down like a doormat? NO WAY JOSE! I was ready to retire, heck last reset I didn't play until sofs fs on laf. I lead most of the warchats and we beat sof with our allies (sol) much respect to them. I was already in SoF before I knew about pacts and I didn't plan on being dropped... {removed portions of this post}

...Like I said, I just wanted to see what it was like to be in the greatest warring alliance in earth. Their are a number of people I don't get along with in SoF and because they didn't know it was me, they treated me like I was a human being in the site and chatroom for a couple of weeks, but once they discovered it was me, they began with the attacks. You can't guilt trip me, I did nothing wrong that I'm aware of. What? Defending myself and my old alliance mates of whom I fought in a war with last reset.

Edited By: Primeval on Jul 2nd 2019, 4:14:19. Reason: Untrue moderator accusatory garbage

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 0:00:00

To be clear we never picked a side. We considered every legitimate tag in this game an equal ally / neutral relation. The only beef PDM had on this server since I took over as president of PDM (8 or 9 sets ago) was with imag which was squashed. We pacted every single tag in this game equally to ensure we could net this set. I have been promising PDM that we would finally get back to netting and it was my nativity that caused this. I take responsibility for policing a war that I should have seen would have turned ugly.

I had no insights from ANY side, I only saw the toxic nature of the comments on this forum. Once I had accepted the policing this was always going to happen, our netting set was over and that is on me.

If I'm being honest, I created a discord server for the PDM group and they are a great bunch of guys. I get community from our chats outside of the game not from running turns. And this whole situation has made me think about why I am running turns and it was from habit not happiness.

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 0:09:02

Originally posted by mrcuban:
To be clear we never picked a side. We considered every legitimate tag in this game an equal ally / neutral relation. The only beef PDM had on this server since I took over as president of PDM (8 or 9 sets ago) was with imag which was squashed. We pacted every single tag in this game equally to ensure we could net this set. I have been promising PDM that we would finally get back to netting and it was my nativity that caused this. I take responsibility for policing a war that I should have seen would have turned ugly.

I had no insights from ANY side, I only saw the toxic nature of the comments on this forum. Once I had accepted the policing this was always going to happen, our netting set was over and that is on me.

If I'm being honest, I created a discord server for the PDM group and they are a great bunch of guys. I get community from our chats outside of the game not from running turns. And this whole situation has made me think about why I am running turns and it was from habit not happiness.

Yeah it is toxic, but clearly you saw only my comments as disgusting, but you haven't been reading all the attacks I've recieved which is far worse and it's been going on for much longer. The one time I lash out, I'm the bad guy of course.
Remember this from last reset?
May 26, 2019
To: mrcuban
If you want me to help you out with warchat and stones as well. Give me access to warchannel and to your website so I can look up targets. I will get you guys some kills.
May 26, 2019
To: Karnage XZ
Thanks mate I appreciate it.

We’re just so unorganised and not prepared for war. This is the second blindside in 5 or 6 sets I’m trying to keep a few of them in the game.

Hopefully we can get our stuff together fast

archaic Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 0:09:37

Good riddance, I might come back now.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 2nd 2019, 0:15:07

Wait. Did I read something about "netting sets getting ruined"?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Rouger

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2019, 0:34:55

I hope you reconsider mrcuban. I would not like to see you go! You are definitely a positive player to the game.

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 1:00:09

Yeah, like I said, call off the hounds and were good mrcuban. But if PDM keeps attacking, i will return fire. I waited until you hit me a number of times before I started hitting back. I declared war and you have no obligation to interfere in the war. I was hit by SoF right after I was tag dropped, you will see #214 which is suicidal hit me first so I took that as an act of war and returned some missiles.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 1:15:25

I'm your Huckleberry.
Skywise

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 1:18:47

Originally posted by Original Skywise L:
I'm your Huckleberry.
So be it.

Jul 2nd 2019, 1:47:16

You know which one is me;-)
Skywise

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 1:54:45

Originally posted by Original Skywise L:
You know which one is me;-)
I do, I was tryna give your master a way out. But cool, keep hitting I think I'm near 200 defends this reset already. Thanks.

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:01:21

Its all in fun...and boredom.
Skywise

LightBringer Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:12:56

I agree with pretty much everything you have said mrcuban, this game has become so toxic. I didn't quite realise it till last set.
Hello

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:29:48

I don't get it. Karnage is supposed to just sit back and let PDM kill him because that is what is "right" ?

Makinso makes the comparison to murder and judgement. But what is the law exactly in this game? Who gets to be judge?

SoF or SOL or PDM get to decide that Karnage's country must die, and he has to accept that judgement and take it without a fight? How have perceptions twisted to the point where that makes any sense to you people? He is the arbiter of his country, not any of you. You don't get to decide how he runs his turns.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Jul 2nd 2019, 2:36:36
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:41:23

If Karnage was the aggressor I would totally condemn his actions towards PDM. But he has been told by a tag he will be killed and recieved numerous attacks from them before he RETALIATED, he has also given them an out. I think thats the right thing to do as well.

Hellrush Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:45:51

He will be back we all come back at some point

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:48:28

Originally posted by Hellrush:
He will be back we all come back at some point

This^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:52:46

Sometimes we all need a break. I took a 11-12 year break so Im good for a while.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 2nd 2019, 2:58:25

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I don't get it. Karnage is supposed to just sit back and let PDM kill him because that is what is "right" ?

Makinso makes the comparison to murder and judgement. But what is the law exactly in this game? Who gets to be judge?

SoF or SOL or PDM get to decide that Karnage's country must die, and he has to accept that judgement and take it without a fight? How have perceptions twisted to the point where that makes any sense to you people? He is the arbiter of his country, not any of you. You don't get to decide how he runs his turns.

This right here...
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 3:29:21

Pdm still hitting, oh well.

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:05:36

Guys this thread wasn't to make another Karnage / sof vs LAF thread. I'm not blaming anyone in particular. The current events made the decision. But in the end everyone is to blame including myself. The problems that are here have been festering for 10 + years. People bullied others into playing a certain style and forced people to leave. They may come back but its been the same since the start. I remember playing in earth2025 probably 15 years ago now and trying to run a tag and getting bullied and farmed to fluff as a small tag. Like relentlessly and even as a 15 year old sending messages to LAF asking them to stop. And it would only increase. (Not ragging on LAF as ive had a great exprience with them past few years).

The grudges, attitudes and egos have been here for decades. As people have left the grudges have remained. What is happening now is that people care ALOT less now than they did. So people's issues are at boiling point now.

There is much accusations about cheating, mod abuse, IRL threats, people wishing death and sickness on others. It's just toxic. And the game has not evolved at all.

If you net with low defense your asking to be suicided.
If you net with high defense you can't compete.
If you play solo you are killed because you don't deserve to survive playing on alliance without a tag
If you play as a small tag you are farmed and don't deserve to grow (since bots this is less an issue)
If you grab a juicy country bigger than you in land (you are killed because you top feed).
If you grab a country smaller than you, you are bottom feeding and are suicided on

There is very little you can do now without upsetting someone somehow. Most players are triggered and this is not healthy.

I'll be honest, I was one of the weird people who actually used to LOVE this game. Text game and all. I'd wake up middle of the night fluff to login and see whats happening.

I used to love coming on AT for the drama, but it was fun.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:08:41

Sol gonna keep making them

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:09:51

Cuban. You know it wasnt like this before these toxic individuals came here. We will turn them off soon enough. I promise.

For now all i can do is apologize.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:10:18

I'm not going to continue to allow the unfounded mod bashing and false accusations with absolutely zero evidence. ...Especially from the same person over and over again. You're lucky Pang saw your posts last week before I had and gave you a slap on the wrist only. Tread lightly.

mdevol Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:40:55

if the mods cared about this game, and actually put in the time to fix the underlying issue, we would all b better off. but sadly, the core, most powerful mods are in the clans that routinely are found to cheat/abuse the bugs and formulas. so we wont ever see anything done.

/me takes off tin foil hat
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

The Cloaked Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:43:00

I'm always confused by the whole toxic *blah blah blah* people keep spewing. they've been spewing this crap for decades now.

I pop in and out of Earth every few years. I'm pretty sure SoF were LaF's BFFs last time I played. But outside of a couple of poor form AT posts(example: there was one between karnage and some other dude where they got personal on another thread last week) the atmosphere I find is pretty jovial.

war sets I pop in and out of war chats where we talk fluff, complain about our kids, and call each other names.
netting sets I pop in and out of country threads where we talk fluff, complain about the market, and call each other names.

I think if you are seeing more then that then maybe you should step away for a bit. because you're going too deep and it's not good for you.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 2nd 2019, 4:46:23

Originally posted by mdevol:
if the mods cared about this game, and actually put in the time to fix the underlying issue, we would all b better off. but sadly, the core, most powerful mods are in the clans that routinely are found to cheat/abuse the bugs and formulas. so we wont ever see anything done.

Is this a serious post?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2019, 5:24:51

Ia this a serious thread?
(•_•)

mdevol Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 8:42:39

Originally posted by Primeval:
Originally posted by mdevol:

Is this a serious post?

no
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Suicidal Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 9:26:16

mrcuban, you are spot on …. proves my point. It is not the game itself that had been driving folks away. I truly believe that it is two folks that seek attention and significance in a text based game. I actually feel sorry for them.
Snowflake, a.k.a Derrick, and syko continue with their "look at me" AT post and their ability to waste AT space with their continued rambling.
Yepper, it was only in the past three or four years that I even posted on AT. I was calling out the fluffholes (derrick and syko) and folks were saying that I had a hardon for them both.
I used to read AT and enjoyed the comedy along with friendly trash talk during times of war. These two fluffholes come along and made it a self-serving forum to post the fact that they have no life and seek the attention and friendships that they could never get in real life.
Folks with a real life and real life friends don't have time to keep logs, research fluff from days gone by, play the game of point-counter point,
These two attention whores make post to stir sh*t up. When they cross the line, the mods often fail to remove those post and when they do, they remove the post in such a way that the conversation continues about the deleted post.
I challenge the mods to not only remove those post but, to do it without comment. what I would really like to see is that these posters be removed from the forum.
Sure, a true attention whore will create new handles and return with their toxic BS. If you need help to stay on top of their removal, I would be glad to help.
Bring back the comedy. Bring back the friendly trash talk.
To the low lifes, find another way to build yourself up without the need to bring other folks down.
Again, I feel sorry for those folks.

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 10:24:43

Originally posted by Primeval:
I'm not going to continue to allow the unfounded mod bashing and false accusations with absolutely zero evidence. ...Especially from the same person over and over again. You're lucky Pang saw your posts last week before I had and gave you a slap on the wrist only. Tread lightly.
oh another internet tough guy eh? Trying to figure out what you can do to me.. A whole lotta nothin.

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 10:35:47

Primeval, you'd be doing me a personal favor if you were able to ban me from this game. Furthermore, show me this mod bashing without taking things out of context. I know words do hurt don't they? That's why we should all be careful what we say to others or soft spots are gonna be touched by all. Seems ive repeatedly hurt yours over the years and you've got an itch to do something about it.

archaic Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 11:57:07

For somebody that claims to be leaving, MrCancer sure seems to be actively staying in this stupid forum scuffle. Seriously, go away, stay away, and quit dragging PDMs name in the mud with your fake PDM tag.

You were never a part of the real PDM, your actions have never represented what Comwood, Detmer, TAN, Auspiggy, Drow, Balin etc stood for, and all you have done was ruin the name that many before you worked hard to build.

No one will miss you, please GTFO and let PDM return to the peaceful slumber of death where it belongs.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 2nd 2019, 12:06:58

Originally posted by archaic:
For somebody that claims to be leaving, MrCancer sure seems to be actively staying in this stupid forum scuffle. Seriously, go away, stay away, and quit dragging PDMs name in the mud with your fake PDM tag.

You were never a part of the real PDM, your actions have never represented what Comwood, Detmer, TAN, Auspiggy, Drow, Balin etc stood for, and all you have done was ruin the name that many before you worked hard to build.

No one will miss you, please GTFO and let PDM return to the peaceful slumber of death where it belongs.

Damn
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2019, 13:03:03

all you have done was ruin the name that many before you worked hard to build.

Mediocre at best.

Karnage XZ

Jul 2nd 2019, 13:13:37

Well looks like he's decided to stay he threw in some more hits about 8 hours ago. Thanks for the defends bruh.

archaic Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 13:47:19

Originally posted by Requiem:
all you have done was ruin the name that many before you worked hard to build.

Mediocre at best.

You did your part to ruin it too traitor.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jul 2nd 2019, 14:05:05

Too much complaining and not enough fighting. Yes, the community isn't always fun, and there is a lot of griefers. There are good sets and bad sets...the community isn't getting any younger. Also, almost every individual player has a lot of baggage derived from years of playing with or against each other. Good memories and bad memories.

Me personally, I have a fault with and against almost everybody in this game at one point or another. Truthfully very few players I truly dislike though I do know I personally have quite a few fans throughout multiple alliances ;). Some deserved and some not so, much but, still there is a reason we keep coming back here for decades...