Verified:

EagleEye123 Game profile

May 9th 2019, 23:45:09

So I attacked a guy once for some land gainz, then he retaled four times. Thats fine, thats the game. But then he messaged me saying "Double retal, don't farm non-bots." wut? I attacked once, thats not even farming. And how can I tell bots? Sorry, ive been outta the game for awhile.

bayrock Game profile

May 10th 2019, 1:51:41

lolll. the bots have stupid names and usually running 0 turns after you spy them. you can also check eestats.com and make sure they ahvent attacked yet because bots will never attack. if someone has lots of DR its also likely a bot. some dumb people make their names stupid and they look like bots, to check that you can look at https://github.com/...r/NameGenerator.class.php

btw because qzjul is a bad developer he hasnt updated the bots at all. thats why this game is currently pve and the only way to get #1 is to only attack bots otherwise u will get retalled even if you are 5x their networth ( they just suicide you )

trumpoz Game profile

May 10th 2019, 3:08:00

Whilst it was amusing reading your babble over being deleted out seriously seems like you don't enjoy the game. Given you say the devs stucco so much why are you still here?

bizzy Game profile

May 10th 2019, 3:57:59

4 retals for double-tapping is getting off easy, they must be a nice person.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 10th 2019, 14:36:19

First off Bayrock is an idiot who keep making the same flawed statements over and over again. He states QZ has not updated the bots at all yet this version of the bots is less than 10 months old.

EagleEye you have a proper attitude to this game and you will learn very quickly if you maintain that. Bayrock did give you a very useful link if you can read the code at least somewhat you will see the words which the bots choose their names from. You can look at last resets or previous sets scores as well to see the yellow countries(non-player countries) to see a selection of the typical names they use. At some point the bot names become very easy to spot, but remember there every now and then are players who work to impersonate bots, some of them have named their countries properly and you will need more knowledge to counter their deceit.

Old scores list:
https://www.earthempires.com/express/492/ranks

Welcome back I suppose! :)

EagleEye123 Game profile

May 10th 2019, 17:44:21

Originally posted by bizzy:

I only attacked once though.

Thank you for all information tho guys! I didn't know the game changed so much. Its a little sad bots have become so rampant, I dont remember that back in the day (but its been some years so haha). I'll just try to keep a discerning eye and not take the game seriously.

bizzy Game profile

May 10th 2019, 21:45:10

ah ya you probably just hit one of the idiots. If your both GDI and you only hit them once, you can special attack them and they can't special you right now, because they broke GDI, you can first strike them. As soon as you use a special attack they can special attack back. In express since you get a lot of turns quick, it is viable you can kill someone solo and this is a great option if someone does this type of behavior, usually my pick. :)

If someone breaks GDI you basically have the choice to kill/flatten them, retal or move on. Typically if someone breaks GDI for no reason, they are doing it on purpose and if you retal, high chance they may retal on retal. If someone multi-attacks you and you see on eestats that they have multi-attacked a lot of human players, then if you retal, I'd expect an attack back (could be from a multi), so usually it is kill/flatten or move on in these cases. If they aren't in GDI it doesn't matter and you can special attack them anytime, since your in GDI they can't special attack you until after you hit them with a special or double-tap.

From what I have seen since coming back couple months back, you will see the same idiots doing this every set. I assume they are idiots because what they are doing is counter-intuitive. They obviously like the game because they are spending their time playing it (usually multis so even more time), they try to ruin people sets because they want to see the world burn or they don't have ability to win, something along those lines. Not a lot of players as it is, so maybe their endgame is scare away all the players so they can just play with bots, with no human players left, they can finally get that checkered flag. They are trying to ruin peoples sets, but in retrospect they are slowly ruining the game for themselves.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 10th 2019, 22:00:55

Originally posted by EagleEye123:
Originally posted by bizzy:

I only attacked once though.

Thank you for all information tho guys! I didn't know the game changed so much. Its a little sad bots have become so rampant, I dont remember that back in the day (but its been some years so haha). I'll just try to keep a discerning eye and not take the game seriously.

just to clarify; the non-player countries are run by a bot that QZ made, the game developer, in order to create land and market volume on some servers. He has a set number of bots on each of three servers: Express, alliance and FFA.
Three servers are without bots: Primary, Tournament and Team.

the bot code and bot numbers have recieved significant changes at 3 times the last 2 years if I remember correctly. basically when QZ has some time he works on the bot code. It is in fact possible to make changes to the bot code on your own and show those changes to QZ, who will then elect to ignore, be inspired by or straight off implement your changes. I did this once and that change is still in effect and working nicely.

major Game profile

May 16th 2019, 22:39:35

there is now bots on express? just asking my first set back on this server in a while.

trumpoz Game profile

May 17th 2019, 1:49:07

Originally posted by major:
there is now bots on express? just asking my first set back on this server in a while.

Yep - if you are interested in the country names then there is a link to the code on the AI forum. From there you can check the names to see if they are bot names. You get used to them pretty quickly.