Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2019, 21:00:13

So i can give it to someone who notices they went offline and will turn them back on

I don't have a PC but ill throw money on someone active doing it. And i can't imagine its something that difficult to turn on. I think there are players with knowhow to make it cloud based.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 21st 2019, 21:27:48

primeval and maybe other mods too can restart bots.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 21st 2019, 22:49:12

So it took a mod 3 days to notice or what? I don't feel like thats better.

RIP express set

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 21st 2019, 23:04:01

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
So it took a mod 3 days to notice or what?

First off I don't think Prime can restart the bots on his own. perhaps he has a number to call/text tho. I have only sent a few forum messages but mind you I did that as I started my thread on this which was right after the game was up again and I saw the bots were not. That was 2 days and some hours change (and add the 12 hour EE downtime to make it closer to 3 days total). But remember its still not fixed.

This is all completely avoidable. Servers go down, fine, I'm sure its not worth it to create redundancies for this game, but when it is up there is no reason, aside from neglect, that it shouldnt function as intended.

Yes this express set was ruined, tho express is so short and theres a new set very soon. If it starts affecting FFA or alliance thats when people start to leave. Best avoid that.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 21st 2019, 23:11:46

Change the start-up procedure so that they always run

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2019, 0:12:26

Considering 2/3 of ffa is techers, most players are currently hung. Some are converting and some are not. 1a has a empty milit market but enough ffo's to somewhat have a balance of players selling tech and and buying it. That market is still working ish on 1a. All of ffa is broken and its not good.

The_Hawk

Apr 22nd 2019, 2:41:18

ffa looked fine to me.

May I suggest running rainbows. :P

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Apr 22nd 2019, 2:44:14

1. The code is public: https://github.com/jhaagsma/ee_npc
2. Mods cant restart bots.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 22nd 2019, 2:56:23

Originally posted by Marshal:

This right here is proof you do not know everything.....

Originally posted by Gerdler:

First off I don't think Prime can restart the bots on his own. perhaps he has a number to call/text tho.

Rasp sent a text off to qzjul like over 30 hours ago

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marhsal

Apr 22nd 2019, 2:57:17

Originally posted by galleri:

This right here is proof you do not know everything.....

First off I don't think Prime can restart the bots on his own. perhaps he has a number to call/text tho.

wrong. everyone knows i know everything.
Marshal Bot v 3.2

import random

try:
WorldKnowledge.append()

except TruthNotKnownError:
return random.lie()

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 22nd 2019, 4:27:05

I think of Marshal like the Bell test for Quantum mechanics.

An analogy is a dice player who who bets on 7 and gets 7 100% of the time. Twice or Thrice in a row might be luck. Ten times is incredibly unlikely but a million times in a row would be impossible without some sort of interference like weighted dice or other forms of cheating.

Similarily improbable it would be if a player bet on 7 a million times in a row and never get it. Thats just another pattern that randomness cant predict.

And if you think about it Marshal has probably been wrong more than anyone else on these forums has been right - an impressive feat in itself. His accuracy is improbable if not impossible without knowing all the answers and deliberatly answering wrong. I therefore conclude that Marshal has to be one of the more knowledgeable players in EE in order to perform at such a (low) level so consistently.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2019, 4:27:28

Originally posted by galleri:

This right here is proof you do not know anything.....

Fixed.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

bayrock Game profile

Apr 22nd 2019, 11:46:21

100% agree on this lets get some people on board who want to update the game and make changes rather than the same thing for last 25 years.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2019, 12:54:31

back ages ago someone had to manually end the set or create a new one

cant remember which but it was bad

also set length varied from about five weeks to three months

but there was maybe two super short sets for some reason, even one ended without notice i think

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 22nd 2019, 15:36:12

Originally posted by bayrock:
100% agree on this lets get some people on board who want to update the game and make changes rather than the same thing for last 25 years.

This game has not been here for 25 years .......
Alternatively, comments like this...if I was the admin, sure would put me more into the idgaf mood.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 23rd 2019, 3:24:56

A simple message to me will help the bots get back on track much faster when this happens. I cannot fix it myself but I do have access to the super secret bright red Bat Phone to help speed things along. Typically once I am made aware of the issue, they are back within 12 hours on average.

bayrock Game profile

Apr 23rd 2019, 5:10:46

The point is that the mods and developers dont really care anymore and/or have no time to put in any effort. They should start replacing with people that have a bit more passion to improve the game rather than sitting on the old people who just dont GAF anymore as galleri just stated

bayrock Game profile

Apr 23rd 2019, 5:16:17

Also galleri in case u were wondering yes this game has been out for 25+ years I played back in 90s and let me tell for absolute certain 99% of the game has not changed and thats the reason for this thread any many other threads like it :) Just because someone else took the mechanics and called it "Earth Empires" instead of earth 2025 doesnt make it a different game

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2019, 5:33:48

The point is that the mods and developers dont really care anymore and/or have no time to put in any effort. They should start replacing with people that have a bit more passion to improve the game rather than sitting on the old people who just dont GAF anymore as galleri just stated

Instead of fluffing about people that do this for FREE why don't you do something productive yourself for the game?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 23rd 2019, 23:49:41

You assume too much.

The_Hawk

Apr 23rd 2019, 23:58:21

Run a rainbow derrick

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 24th 2019, 2:12:24

Also galleri in case u were wondering yes this game has been out for 25+ years I played back in 90s and let me tell for absolute certain 99% of the game has not changed and thats the reason for this thread any many other threads like it :) Just because someone else took the mechanics and called it "Earth Empires" instead of earth 2025 doesnt make it a different game

E2025 was not around in 94.

If you said the game had been around for 20+ years you would have been right. If you make arguements in a way that people don't like and you hit home your points with erroneous statements people are going to call you on them.

The game has changed quite a lot since then. It has not changed much in the last 5 years, but it changed quite a lot before. Yes we do suffer from neglectful devs at times and we need changes and bugfixes. But you have to learn to separate developers from moderators, they have very different tasks and responsibilities. Blanket statements about mods and devs not doing their jobs are not very helpful to the mods who actually do their job.

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 24th 2019, 8:14:58

trumpoz Game profile

Apr 24th 2019, 4:59:02

https://web.archive.org/.../http://solariagames.com/

The screenshot shows online since Dec 1996

Marshal Game profile

Apr 24th 2019, 13:31:52

and as bbs game before that.

bayrock Game profile

Apr 29th 2019, 23:43:52

And yes the mods are part of the problem as they actively support the stale state of the game. A mod locked my thread in express which was a post asking when we will receive updates? For what reason it was locked??????? Mods are part of this problem and we need some fresh people on the scene to revitalise

bayrock Game profile

Apr 29th 2019, 23:45:15

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Instead of fluffing about people that do this for FREE why don't you do something productive yourself for the game?

Thats literally the whole point of this thread. People are wanting to add to the game but it is impossible unless current team steps down or allows it to happen

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Apr 30th 2019, 1:24:21

And yes the mods are part of the problem as they actively support the stale state of the game. A mod locked my thread in express which was a post asking when we will receive updates? For what reason it was locked??????? Mods are part of this problem and we need some fresh people on the scene to revitalise

you dont know me, so dont group me in that block of "mods"
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

bayrock Game profile

Apr 30th 2019, 7:09:25

so you agree we are not getting enough updates?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2019, 17:00:07

Our developers have been though the ups and downs with this game. In the past they even had more help but things ended badly. They are now more guarded with the people they allow to help. The two main devs are basically people who built this copy out of love for the community and game (which does ultimately benefit them as well not totally selfless).

It should be noted, as Gerdler mentions, there have been quite a few changes from the original game to this version. There have been some really good quality of life changes and some mechanics that add something to the game.

I know they would like to do more but at present time they don't have proper free time or the help to keep updates flowing. That is not to say it will always be like this. Maybe at some point something will change and they will have time? Maybe not. Either way just enjoy the game they have provided and give constructive feedback/ suggestions.

Also dont complain without providing a solution.

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2019, 19:29:09

bayrock's solution: let others interested to help make game improvements but how to make sure that they don't abuse privileges ala tc etc.

DruncK Game profile

May 16th 2019, 1:27:38

Next time the bots go down don't turn em back on, problems solved

pvreal28

Jul 8th 2019, 14:03:55

No more modz, we ll get deleted more often for ABing ppl. Also add more bots to primary n express servers plz.

Flatulent Titties Game profile

Jul 8th 2019, 17:10:37

The mods will be replaced with AI Chat Bots soon. Please learn how to adapt to an algorithm that will have no mercy on you.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 8th 2019, 20:02:03

Mods don't have any mercy.