Verified:

derptron Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 22:59:59

I assume I should have spent them explore+building?
(Not hitting bots?)

sfbob Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 23:02:52

ABs

bug03 Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 23:06:11

I’ve never run an Oiler before but my money is on getting as much land as possible while keeping expenses down and stockpiling everything you can’t sell. Buy a lot of military tech so you can unload what doesn’t sell on pm. Bots will undercut your oil prices so a lot of what you have won’t sell.

user Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 23:13:44

fapping

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2019, 23:17:47

Drilling, there should be a drill button giving you 5% more oil.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 23:27:30

just like there's cash button?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

derptron Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 23:30:23

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Drill baby drill?

bug03 Game profile

Feb 1st 2019, 23:58:00

st0ny Game profile

Feb 2nd 2019, 0:03:24

oiler doesn't work in express because...

1. player pool in express is wayyyy too small in express. (especially when you factor in bots that produce oil and also the fact that they don't use oil at all because they don't attack. )

2. every barrel fuels too many units (25 units).

you run oiler in bigger servers where wars happen all the time then ratio of rigs to farm depends on the demand.

Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2019, 0:06:39

Originally posted by derptron:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Drill baby drill?

Yeah, drill baby drill button LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 2nd 2019, 0:20:19

One good full oiler can pretty much provide enough oil for the whole server. Given there are 2/3 then oil prices will be through the floor. Im not complaining.

Selling on the PM is a last resort - oil is priced to be the same $ per acre without tech as bushels on the PM.

derptron Game profile

Feb 2nd 2019, 1:16:07

Originally posted by sfbob:
ABs

Are you #104?

Zelow Game profile

Feb 2nd 2019, 1:23:47

Cashing at 0% tax rate.
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2019, 1:50:23

Originally posted by Zelow:
Cashing at 0% tax rate.

Jayr style
(•_•)

sfbob Game profile

Feb 2nd 2019, 6:49:21

Originally posted by derptron:
Originally posted by sfbob:
ABs

Are you #104?

😊

amenex Game profile

Feb 2nd 2019, 8:00:12

i tot oiler already extinct...

Marhsal

Feb 4th 2019, 0:49:52

oiling
Marshal Bot v 3.2

import random

try:
WorldKnowledge.append()

except TruthNotKnownError:
return random.lie()

Teaspoon Game profile

Feb 7th 2019, 0:00:08

The oiler fix is to have military and population use some baseline oil each turn. Instead of land tax. Probably even better if only jets and land so it penalizes the heavy jet countries more if oil price spikes.

Just convert military expense and land tax amount to oil at $80 per barrel. E.g. where you had $80000 in jet expenses now you no longer lose cash instead 1000 barrels per turn.

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 7th 2019, 4:09:47

Originally posted by Teaspoon:
The oiler fix is to have military and population use some baseline oil each turn. Instead of land tax. Probably even better if only jets and land so it penalizes the heavy jet countries more if oil price spikes.

Just convert military expense and land tax amount to oil at $80 per barrel. E.g. where you had $80000 in jet expenses now you no longer lose cash instead 1000 barrels per turn.

The problem there is the barrel price assumption. If you take last reset the per turn costs are already higher fpr non oilers because oil was $100. The equilibrium point for a farmer at 220% @$36 bushels is $153 oil. The rquilibrium point for an oiler and casher is roughly $220 per barrel but I dont remember. Idealy changes would want to bring oiker to a consistently competative point.... thus somewhere between $153 and 275 per barrel which, under your suggestion would double or even triple per turn expenses.

You also realise trying to nerf the strength of an all-jetter will also reduce the capacity of countries to jet up and retal which means a big fat dominating commie will be almost unstoppable. At this point the best way to stop a jetter is to kill it (something I am against on solo servers). The way DRs work for special attacks need to be looked at because a failed KR or an AB run on a jetter with enough stock is a license to farm the sever with no consequences aside from potentially being killed. The other thing is that whatever change is made to try and nerf jetter will have a workaround within the bounds of the game and hurt players who need to run heavy jets to retal. By nerfing jetter, you are by extension and consequence nerfing other strats that take longer to get going.

Teaspoon Game profile

Feb 7th 2019, 4:34:32

The problem there is the barrel price assumption. If you take last reset the per turn costs are already higher fpr non oilers because oil was $100. The equilibrium point for a farmer at 220% @$36 bushels is $153 oil. The rquilibrium point for an oiler and casher is roughly $220 per barrel but I dont remember. Idealy changes would want to bring oiker to a consistently competative point.... thus somewhere between $153 and 275 per barrel which, under your suggestion would double or even triple per turn expenses.

You also realise trying to nerf the strength of an all-jetter will also reduce the capacity of countries to jet up and retal which means a big fat dominating commie will be almost unstoppable. At this point the best way to stop a jetter is to kill it (something I am against on solo servers). The way DRs work for special attacks need to be looked at because a failed KR or an AB run on a jetter with enough stock is a license to farm the sever with no consequences aside from potentially being killed. The other thing is that whatever change is made to try and nerf jetter will have a workaround within the bounds of the game and hurt players who need to run heavy jets to retal. By nerfing jetter, you are by extension and consequence nerfing other strats that take longer to get going. [/quote]

You make some good points however I think you completely misunderstand what I was saying on the $80 per barrel mark... maybe it wasn't clear.

Let me explain more clearly. Currently if you go to the advisor tab you will see under expenses various categories.

1. Land expense = $10/ acre every turn... where does that go?. It goes nowhere, just deleted from the game if some or all of that is changed to barrel consumption at a comparison of $80 Or maybe even $100/ barrel then you would then have an expense of 100 barrels per turn for land at 1000 acres. This is not tied to the public market price, people will sell for whatever they want, but it creates a baseline demand for oil without really changing the economics much because that money was spent anyways

2. Same with military expenses. More money deleted from the game about $180 for every 1000 turrets per turn. This could also in part be switched to barrels... maybe 1 barrel for every 1000 turrets/ jets per turn and $80.

The price on the market will still be supply vs demand but at least there will be demand.

Edited By: Teaspoon on Feb 7th 2019, 4:39:22
See Original Post

Teaspoon Game profile

Feb 7th 2019, 4:59:41

actually thinking about it this would create to much demand. Probably use land tax only at a rate of 100 barrels per turn for every 1000 acres would be spot on. Oil consumption instead of land tax would probably create the need for 4-6 full oilers in express.

a 10,000 acre country running 100 turns would burn 100,000 barrels
20x 10,000 acre countries running 100 turns would burn 2mil barrels of oil

1x facscist oiler at 10000 acres would make 3 mil barrels

1 oiler per 20-30 countries.

Marhsal

Feb 7th 2019, 5:11:20

no
Marshal Bot v 3.2

import random

try:
WorldKnowledge.append()

return random.lie()

bug03 Game profile

Feb 7th 2019, 5:32:10

Turning the money that disappears into oil usage is a pretty good idea. Especially if you can make it similar or less than current expenses. No one could complain

Marhsal

Feb 7th 2019, 7:41:27

i could. i complain about everything.
Marshal Bot v 3.2

import random

try:
WorldKnowledge.append()

return random.lie()

DeezNutssss Game profile

Feb 9th 2019, 3:11:46

...right on cue...$300 oil