Verified:

bug03 Game profile

Jan 26th 2019, 20:43:17

What percentage of mb do you need before they reach diminishing returns? Asking for a friend

AtticusRex Game profile

Jan 26th 2019, 21:01:22

Um.. 0.01?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 26th 2019, 21:16:54

if you want lowest possible priv prices then whole your land besides cs's.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

bug03 Game profile

Jan 26th 2019, 21:24:19

Originally posted by AtticusRex:
Um.. 0.01?

Accurate, well played.
Originally posted by Marshal:
if you want lowest possible priv prices then whole your land besides cs's.

Not gonna happen. Too much land, rent is too damn high. I’m almost to half. Now go buy my tanks

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 26th 2019, 21:35:06

MB reselling has gone out of fashion particularly in longer games due to the ability to oil destock

Not so sure it would work in a shorter game.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 26th 2019, 21:39:59

not rly working better on shorter games since time spent on buildings mbs is away from growing.

bug03 Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 1:07:48

Thought I would give it a shot and see what happens. Frankly I’ve stalled at about 10 m nw because no one is buying troops or tanks and jet/turret prices are too low. It probably would have worked better if I switched from tyr to theo tonight instead of last night.

sinistril Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 2:37:37

I don't think MBs have diminishing returns at all, I think they have constant returns, no? I can't quite remember what the equation looks like so don't quote me Lol

But the problem is other strategies do have diminishing returns built into them (ie. agriculture tech) so spending acres on MB's decreases that strategies efficiency and is not worth it. That's why if your using MB's you might as well just use them on 100% of your land.

Edit: just checked on alpha server and at least for buying prices off the private market they do have constant returns (didn't check interaction with expenses or sales or anything, assumed sales are the same and I assume you weren't wanting to buy them for expenses?)

Edited By: sinistril on Jan 27th 2019, 2:42:23
See Original Post
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2019, 2:57:27

They're constant yes. The only thing MBs change on turn ratio is that they do actually lower military upkeep expenses a small amount and that has diminishing returns.

For optimum private as MBR you'll want to build your MBs, then demolish your CS, then drop all acres continuously so you're build is 100% MB. That's the best prices whether you have 20 MBs or 20,000. The market will refill based on the number of acres you have, so a good amount is needed for an entire destock as MBR unless you intend to burn oil to produce units. The more MBs you have in quantity and not as a ratio to your acres only serves to lower expenses.

Imo theo mbr could in theory still be a viable strat as you can nearly double income on purchases. I haven't seen someone run a true fatty mbr in forever though. Just banks (the 100 acre stay in protection TMBR that vicvixvi sometimes runs). I'd be curious to see an actual mbr in action.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 27th 2019, 3:02:14
See Original Post

bug03 Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 3:31:12

#65. I haven’t had quite enough money to fully convert and I’m not interested in dropping 10k acres. I should have built before purchasing Troops to resell it seems

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2019, 4:26:04

UPDATE:

Tested in alpha. I was completely flat out wrong.

Expenses cap at 1/3 of your acres being military bases and almost exactly 61% expenses. No diminishing returns whatsoever.

sinistril Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 4:36:58

Yeah, did not think it would cap that early. Actually thought it capped at 100% land but thought it capped at even lower expenses. hm
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2019, 5:13:27

Interesting, thanks for checking on that, Derrick :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Teaspoon Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 6:00:08

You could make it work in express

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 6:26:09

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Imo theo mbr could in theory still be a viable strat as you can nearly double income on purchases. I haven't seen someone run a true fatty mbr in forever though. Just banks (the 100 acre stay in protection TMBR that vicvixvi sometimes runs). I'd be curious to see an actual mbr in action.

The last MBRs I saw were run by Osloos and Bleach. Bleach ran one in Alliance and finished T10 (like he normally did back in the day). I know Os ran all-x TMBR in Primary for a number of T10's

In express it would be difficult to run well due to the constant need to buy/sell for income. The market has a lot of quiet time so turning over military is challenging.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2019, 6:31:39

Yeah. That and the expense bonus wouldn't really be that good on on a server that tops out at 40m nw. Destocks usually happen in a handful of turns so a 61% expense bonus isnt really anything special.

bug03 Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 6:52:21

Well I’m gonna drop this land and see what happens

st0ny Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 7:51:31

its not you selling those $80 turrets is it? >.<
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

Marshal Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 11:40:51

bots, not even max mil tech and fully converted tmbr would sell troops at 80 since that player would lose money if buys from priv and sells at public. tmbr's min sell price for profit is ~85 bucks.

osloos Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 16:03:59

Originally posted by trumpoz:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:

The last MBRs I saw were run by Osloos and Bleach. Bleach ran one in Alliance and finished T10 (like he normally did back in the day). I know Os ran all-x TMBR in Primary for a number of T10's

In express it would be difficult to run well due to the constant need to buy/sell for income. The market has a lot of quiet time so turning over military is challenging.

Rockman and I could allx pure tmbr to top 5 at will back when primary had a couple thousand players. It was for a very long time my favorite strat.

Believe bleach and I both played a grabbing tmbr the same reset in alliance. It was extremely challenging in a limited land environment to manage pm, expenses, and humanitarians. We both finished well, but I don't remember ranks.

osloos Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 16:09:12

A tmbr could finish ok in express if conditions were right and you could log in to resell and grow every two hours without fail.

The biggest problem in my eyes is that you have to sleep. If you don't log in for 8 hours it's the equivalent of losing a couple days of reselling, and your pm refill would be too huge to get under control.

Its not worth it considering an indy would just end up crushing you with 1/10 the time and effort.

osloos Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 16:15:11

Lastly, primary has too little demand/turnover, and in alliance you could never compete against 200k anything. You could certainly make it work. But again, what's the point?

Tl;dr
Pure Tmbr was a really cool strat that needs volume (players) to work. It was always a niche play, but unfortunately that niche no longer exists.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2019, 16:29:00

TMBR resellers strategy died with GDI.

No reason to buy troops/tanks, which are a resellers top profiting units.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

derptron Game profile

Jan 27th 2019, 16:45:55

I was excited to try out a pure tmbr on one of these sets :-(

Thanks for the heads up folks.