Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 11:42:31

If SOL didn't decide to have the same boring war again with Stones / Elders this would be another set of netters grabbing bot countries? I'm struggling here to understand why nothing is being done about this game?

AT is dead and the game is dead. There wasn't even a reason SOL declared on stones / Elders except give there members something to do to keep them playing...

Its such a shame how this has all turned out. When i was playing in small tags in earth2025 and wishing for LAF to die as the relentless farming of small tags, telling them that kind of behaviour will kill this game. I guess I'm kinda right...

LAF are here now, netting against themselves...SOL is here but for how long? How many sets can you drum up a story for your members as to why you fight Elders / Stones again?

Nobody is even grabbing anyone anymore..

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2019, 12:19:27

Hahaha. My sentiments exactly.

PDM feel like hitting SOL for the fluff of it? I got nothing better for you. I didnt choose this position hahaha. My goal has always been to keep the rivalries strong despite the addition of the bots. Politically it's been a solo quest and I havent made any friends...

...but I do still cling onto those days despite the server itself recklessly destroying it. It's turned into a sad fact that we are here to hit, they are bigger and they'd rather just appease their members with a target than actually put in the work. And believe me. It's work.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 17th 2019, 12:22:48
See Original Post

LightBringer Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 13:47:53

I've never understood the concept of needing a reason to go to war with someone, why do people feel wars are only good if there is some underlying hatred behind it? I mean its the only game I've ever known where people feel this way, if I'm playing Starcraft/Counterstrike (to use games I play) I don't want till I find someone I have a grudge with till I VS them...
I guess the main difference is here there is a chance of not starting off on the same footing NW/Numbers wise. If you like to war, why does warring the same people get boring? I play a lot of D3 every now and then, when I have time, and its literally endless hours of the exact same grind, you might switch build here and there (there are several functional war/nw builds) but its basically endless hours of the same thing, and I don't really get bored of it.
Hello

breeze Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 14:17:04

I agree Derrick. One thing I hate about things now is arranged wars. That seems to be the norm anymore. iMag stepped out of the box and began hitting clans our own size and what did we get is crap from other alliances. I get trashed on here and for what trying to breathe some life back in this server. I may have went about things all wrong way, heck I don't know. Its a war game and that's how I see it. iMag doesn't net. One thing I see went wrong was the ewpp. In my opinion that was just stupid. Now if you are a small clan and you ask to pact Sol they offer you a SANAP (small alliance non aggression pact) I guess Ive missed that pact since day 1 when I started playing the alliance server back in 2007. Correct me if Im wrong. Do I have a solution. No I don't but Im up for suggestions. Just my 2 cents.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 17th 2019, 20:43:18

I'm on paternity leave starting in April and will be working on the game again then :D

taking the 80% complete UI changes to 100% and then doing some more iteration.

then I can do the email blast to the entirety of the old community and start getting things moving in the right direction

Life has been hectic the last couple of years :)

Thanks for everyone's patience!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 21:37:11

Congratulations Pang (or should I say daddy!)

mrford Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 21:41:09

should mrcuban be grabbing at all?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2019, 22:27:07

No, he'll DH and make another thread about it...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2019, 23:29:57

Originally posted by mrcuban:
If SOL didn't decide to have the same boring war again with Stones / Elders this would be another set of netters grabbing bot countries? I'm struggling here to understand why nothing is being done about this game?

You do realize that is exactly the thing you did to LaF for a year or two (assuming you were in elders then). You are literally complaining about the same thing only this time your role is reversed.

Originally posted by breeze:
I agree Derrick. One thing I hate about things now is arranged wars. That seems to be the norm anymore. iMag stepped out of the box and began hitting clans our own size and what did we get is crap from other alliances. I get trashed on here and for what trying to breathe some life back in this server. I may have went about things all wrong way, heck I don't know. Its a war game and that's how I see it. iMag doesn't net. One thing I see went wrong was the ewpp. In my opinion that was just stupid. Now if you are a small clan and you ask to pact Sol they offer you a SANAP (small alliance non aggression pact) I guess Ive missed that pact since day 1 when I started playing the alliance server back in 2007. Correct me if Im wrong. Do I have a solution. No I don't but Im up for suggestions. Just my 2 cents.

iMag, in the past, lived off of hitting netters who were not prepared and who may or may not have been the same size. The only thing that has changed is you are now 4 members and cannot do much blindsiding innocent clans anymore because you will get tag killed in 1/2 a day worth of turns. You guys, in the recent past, were a major problem with the game; now you are too small to matter.

---------------------------------------------

Everyone crying about SOL going to war with them are hypocrites. I know one way you can damper their efforts but why should I help you :D

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 23:51:51

@reqium I have never been in Elders.

@derrick PDM does not want to go to war, i do but PDM does not.

@lightbringer I never said there had to be a grudge. I said its the same war, without reason gets old. If SOL was picking / or had other targets than variety is the spice of life. But there isn't. Unless SOL wars LAF or Monsters/omega/pdm (which would probably cause them to leave the server) its going to be the same STONES/ELDERS war. My issue was not that SOL wanted to war, it was that its the same war.

I respect SOL for not hitting netters, but there aint nobody left..

@Pang I appreciate you putting in your own time when on Paternity leave, but this isn't your burden alone. The last thing you should be doing when you enjoy your new addition is working on EE.

I don't want this post to get sideways. I am PRO EE. I want this game to evolve.

It's such a shame in its current state, I guess I don't understand why this isn't in GIT and we have a board of sorts who can take responsibility for the community evolvement of the game.

I would have already paid for professional backend devs and frontend UI experts to have this game fixed, ported and already live with new UI / New JS elements already to breathe live back into the game.

I have offered to pay for everything multiple times back to 2015 and before that even. I'm not trying to put more pressure on pang. I don't understand ownership of the game. I thought this was a community port, but I am starting to understand maybe Pang/others bought this?

DruncK Game profile

Jan 17th 2019, 23:59:33

Politics died when everyone left. Best wars were political and the ultimate fluff measuring contest, there's no need any more.

LaF runs the show since MD left and will continue to do so because nobody really cares. Bots don't help because it takes all the fun out of policies. Who gives a fluff about land when everyone can always have it? Last I checked Earth had limited resources...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2019, 0:01:46

As soon as the bots start retaling LG, there will be complaining about it, you simply cannot please everyone, we should be thankful the game still exists.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

breeze Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 0:04:26

Originally posted by Requiem:

You do realize that is exactly the thing you did to LaF for a year or two (assuming you were in elders then). You are literally complaining about the same thing only this time your role is reversed.

iMag, in the past, lived off of hitting netters who were not prepared and who may or may not have been the same size. The only thing that has changed is you are now 4 members and cannot do much blindsiding innocent clans anymore because you will get tag killed in 1/2 a day worth of turns. You guys, in the recent past, were a major problem with the game; now you are too small to matter.

---------------------------------------------

Everyone crying about SOL going to war with them are hypocrites. I know one way you can damper their efforts but why should I help you :D

iMag did not always hit netting clans. I know I was there unless you are talking about the times before I started in iMag. I can only remember once that iMag was tag killed in 1/2 half day and that was when we violated the dumb EWPP and that was like all the alliances got together and did it. Then there may have been 4 or 5 members in iMag. Not impressive to say the least.

I don't believe everyone is crying about sol going to war and who honestly wants your help. Thought you were done with this game? Please be and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out. Just me 2 cents again.

DruncK Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 0:09:33

Jesus Christ they've been pleasing the exact same group over and over. Restart bonuses, less harmful ops, removing $2b bug(obviously mehul had the fluffing ability to fix this for those who claim it was always just a bug), new GDI, population loss DR based on amount of turns, end set SUPER humanitarians, new netting bonuses for governments, bots that spend their money like giddy school girls, new destock option, ghost acres etc.

They don't cater to anyone who likes to fight for what they want and THAT is what has killed the game.

We need a new throwback server to the end of Earth: 2025, the game we all feel so hard in love with.

DruncK Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 0:11:34

All those changes and not one improvement to the horrendous in game news/country search...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2019, 0:13:40

I see the restart bonus as a huge benefit to suiciders :-/
(•_•)

AnimalP0P Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 0:17:01

A classic sever as Drunck says might be a good idea, the downside woukd be body counts. How many humans now play routinely?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2019, 0:27:24

@Breeze, How about your FS against PDM a while back? iMag has been one of the worst things for this game and you are part of that. I'm sorry your memory is failing you in old age. Also who said I was leaving the game?

https://www.earthempires.com/...radigm-45111?t=1526541799

breeze Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 1:22:40

@Breeze, How about your FS against PDM a while back? iMag has been one of the worst things for this game and you are part of that. I'm sorry your memory is failing you in old age. Also who said I was leaving the game?

Yes Im old and your link you put up didnt say anthing but we FS'd Paradigm. So what was your point? Also may I add that ended up to be a good thing for both sides.

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 2:04:55

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

One half-reasonable country can fund enough for 3-4 all-jet restarts to farm underdefended countries for loads of land.

No need for military on restarts - CS, Tech and turns are enough to get countries back on their feet.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2019, 3:39:05

Originally posted by trumpoz:

One half-reasonable country can fund enough for 3-4 all-jet restarts to farm underdefended countries for loads of land.

No need for military on restarts - CS, Tech and turns are enough to get countries back on their feet.

Yeah I saw that being done when the suiciders got us set before last.
(•_•)

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 4:14:24

Yes Im old and your link you put up didnt say anthing but we FS'd Paradigm. So what was your point? Also may I add that ended up to be a good thing for both sides.

Breeze not sure how it ended up good for both sides? You blindsided PDM just as i had started recruiting. PDM was down to 1-2 members and I had recruited up to a solid 5-7 when you blind sided that set. Luckily we rallied and could victory on that one, we actually parking lot all of your remaining countries. Which I guess you could call it team building for PDM.

:)

breeze Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 4:18:52

Breeze not sure how it ended up good for both sides? You blindsided PDM just as i had started recruiting. PDM was down to 1-2 members and I had recruited up to a solid 5-7 when you blind sided that set. Luckily we rallied and could victory on that one, we actually parking lot all of your remaining countries. Which I guess you could call it team building for PDM.

:)

Never mind I will keep that business between the leaders.

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 4:27:24

I am the current leader of PDM. It was passed to me that a pact was agreed to and you wouldn't pull that sort of thing for at least 3 sets. Good yes, moved on yes but not forgotten. It was a fluff move, you are imag and not the first time, but this is a game.

breeze Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 4:47:45

I am the current leader of PDM. It was passed to me that a pact was agreed to and you wouldn't pull that sort of thing for at least 3 sets. Good yes, moved on yes but not forgotten. It was a fluff move, you are imag and not the first time, but this is a game.

I don't really care what you think it was mrcuban and now you have ran your mouth that you don't know when to shut it. That's your problem always running your mouth and for your info since you're running your mouth that was over a set or 2 ago.

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 5:29:53

Congratz Pang!
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 7:16:41

I don't really care what you think it was mrcuban and now you have ran your mouth that you don't know when to shut it. That's your problem always running your mouth and for your info since you're running your mouth that was over a set or 2 ago.

What are you talking about? Breeze you got to get off the crack pipe.. Its not good for you.

breeze Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 16:42:37

What are you talking about? Breeze you got to get off the crack pipe.. Its not good for you.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't do drugs

DruncK Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 19:52:10

Maybe you should, lol!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2019, 22:08:52

Some notes:

PDM was protected by the other small tags and held the line against imag FS. As I recall we all had a good time, and buried the hatchet later so the small tags could continue to hold a line against large clan bullying like this set (fs small tags), last set (break pact) and the one before (fs of evo netting).

To LB and Req, I know it's probably harder to understand the dynamics of war if you dont participate in it that much, but grudges can be good or bad and friendly wars can be good or bad. I dont think that's at all the arguement mrcuban is making though. The point is to make it fun for everybody. And doing the same thing every set with laf winning everything and sol bashing the small tags in is frankly not exciting at all.

Think of it like how the Express challenges provide entertainment for that server beyond just netting for 1st place

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 22:43:04

Yeah i was simply highlighting that variety in netting and war is required to sustain the game. Just my opinion of course.

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 18th 2019, 23:09:48

Originally posted by trumpoz:

Yeah I saw that being done when the suiciders got us set before last.

Im talking from experience - it was waaaay too easy to get back on my feet after being killed. No military is needed - just put max goods on the market when I go to sleep and a good stock to continue farming.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2019, 23:29:26

Yeah. The restart bonus is out of whack for sure.

Yeah i was simply highlighting that variety in netting and war is required to sustain the game. Just my opinion of course.

That's kinda what I figured and I totally agree.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Jan 19th 2019, 0:13:24

Congrats, pang!
Purposeful1

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 19th 2019, 1:34:54

Thanks for the wellwishes!! having a baby is pretty awesome.

also, re: evolving the game -> the game code is in git, it's just not an open source repo. those with access do work on it :p

tbh everyone who has ever said things like "I would pay for X and Y" publicly come to me privately and say "so we'll give you $500 for the game, sound good?" and that's been a non-starter. Not saying mrcuban is this sort of person but that's been my experience with others over the last 10ish years.

the game is not a open source community project, but rather was built by a couple of members of the former E2025 community as a closed-source project with a lot of community involvement (especially off the bat). we were a lot more open to contribution in the past (pre-2015) and it really bit us in the ass so we're cautious and jaded now (at least I am :p).

but I enjoy working on the game, I just haven't had the time to as life has gotten in the way, but I aspire to return it to where it used to be. it'll be nice to spend some time working in it while I'm off :) I'm hoping to open up more areas of the development experience at some point (like re-doing a clan hosting implementation in the game itself) by isolating various parts of the game core, so we'll see how that goes in terms of other development!

Hopefully qz will get some time as well (he's also doing new, exciting and time consuming things IRL) and we can get a lot done this year!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2019, 2:31:21

Yeah. Very exciting and congrats pang. Couldnt be better reasons to take your time. As always thanks for everything

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 19th 2019, 2:43:15

thanks Derrick!

and thanks to everyone for continuing to take part in the game/community!

it's neat to think this community has been around for 20+ years
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2019, 3:24:07

The game really isn't salable because the actual business value is far less than the personal value to the devs that built it. Understandable considering the time spent but its really a pointless thing to even offer unless you just want to kill some dollars you don't care about :D

I appreciate the game that they provided to us. If they didn't take the opportunity to launch this when Earth:2025 was being shut down this community might have totally fell apart but here we are still yelling at each other all these years later!

I will still always wonder how this game would have evolved if Comwood would have been successful in purchasing Earth:2025 from mehul, not because I dont think Pang and Qz have done a good job but Comwood had deep pockets and the resources to put into the game if he wanted.

Kat Game profile

Jan 19th 2019, 6:52:31

Originally posted by Pang:
thanks Derrick!

and thanks to everyone for continuing to take part in the game/community!

it's neat to think this community has been around for 20+ years

I have to say... nowadays, regardless of how much i have to adapt to today's gameplay (being a vet that's on an off for random periods over the last 20 years..wow, that's weird to say), the thing that keeps me coming back is the community. Love you guys... or at least most of you. ;)

<3

Oceana Game profile

Jan 19th 2019, 14:09:20

I'm pretty sure it was the first set I joined for its last few days ( and I could swear it was @earth2025.NET, and the next set it was .COM, and first set only had a single server, the second round had the choice of A,B,C) , and played for a couple of years after, it was during a period of big life events, (We had a baby, wife then had cancer, treatments/bone marrow transplant/it failed, wife died, me single with 2yr old and 2 teens), (part2)me dating/married again to much younger, skip most sets for next few years(go figure),much later divorced, So where better to have some fun while bouncing or feeding a little one, then infront of the computer playing a game while switching/folding laundry, or cooking dinner..lol....

... So all I THANK YOU,(all) for keeping the game alive it has transpired across the bulk of my life, and historically I dont chat/post much (except somehow in war room in the middle a kill countdown) ; joined Rage like Feb. 2004 (2003), and other then Mood's and NUMBERS, has the game really changed much? sure added/changed tech, oil, hittaBLE RATES/ HIT counts/ Ghost acres,good Bots I'm sure there plenty, more significant events:

Politics/fun/socializing has been the rest of the game, I'm guilty of low posting, but I do read the threads. Its a wargame so you never really catch me not Covering.TA ... until this set/(ok a few/many other set(s)/ war{s}.

Formulize change speed of killl,, a few products but it ALL the same, better numbers?add ghost acres...etc...

But it been here ,even when we got to Busy in RL, but atleast stopped by a Home site to add on a thread.
So for me thank you RAGE, and the losers Steel IX..etc

So anyways.. we down to the die hards why not a server where there rules: like no war under 2 weeks, then only those who declared before say a week prior can ente, and a eiualizer fpr NW

Marshal Game profile

Jan 19th 2019, 16:12:18

1st set was in solariagames and 1st there was just standard and then tourny and then alliances and tags were added to standard (to game a rest b etc were untaggeds) and then came tourny and then came FFA and then limited was added and standard changed name to primary and later alliance was formed and primary/standard came to be server its today and solaria chaged to eesite which changed to swirve.

earth2025.net was sof's hosting site for their alliances (alliances and limited) and earth2025.com might been used shortly between solariagames and eesite.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

AzNiZe Game profile

Jan 19th 2019, 16:23:18

I skipped through the whole thread just to get my boner turns.

Rokkie Game profile

Jan 19th 2019, 18:09:30

Originally posted by AzNiZe:

Ban Fake Accounts Game profile

Jan 20th 2019, 2:24:15

Woohoo!
Dibs Ludicrous was here. Dowt!
Help Us IBM Watson. You Are Our Only Hope.

ebert00 Game profile

Jan 20th 2019, 3:23:47

Originally posted by Rokkie:
Originally posted by AzNiZe:

same

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 20th 2019, 5:13:54

ttt
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2019, 13:02:25

Grats Pang. Kids is the best and the worst thing you can get :-)
Ruins your free time and they are expensive. They just get more awesome for each year (mine is 4 so can't say anything beyond that point).
Don of LaF

DruncK Game profile

Jan 20th 2019, 17:47:19

Take a fluff load of pictures n movies!!! 4 is best age Gains, enjoy as much as possible. Next thing u know they'll be asking for the car keys >.<

ddd Game profile

Jan 20th 2019, 18:34:29

Mr Gainsboro

Jan 20th 2019, 13:02:25
Grats Pang. Kids is the best and the worst thing you can get :-)
Ruins your free time and they are expensive. They just get more awesome for each year (mine is 4 so can't say anything beyond that point).

oh me oh my - you have sooooo much fun ahead of ya

and worry lol

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2019, 21:09:50

I guess my point is you’re not only bad at the game but also full of fluff! Nothing more to be said.