Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 10th 2018, 15:06:59

What the heck is going on?

I just read these articles:
https://www.samsearch.co/news?q=california%20fires

There seems to have been ALOT of these over the past few years. Are they deliberately being lit? Is it global warming? I saw trump say that the forests are being mismanaged but yet billions of dollars in funding is going to them?

5 now dead? They burned in their cars trying to escape? I don't know how this happens with modern communication? Surely they would have had time to escape? So sorry to hear of this news.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2018, 17:17:15

partially weather and partially lit (accidental & purposely).

those deads might been last min escapers.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 12th 2018, 23:44:27

Death toll over 30. It’s seems crazy to me.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2018, 2:04:17

There are a few issues,

1. Global warming
2 Long term Draught
3. For a long time forestory services put out fires, rather than letting them burn. this resulted in a in build up of extra amounts of dead wood...creating more fuel for the fires. That practice is no longer in place...focusing on protecting towns/property. However, its gonna take a few decades to burn off the extra dead wood.
Z is #1

daspheebsie Game profile

Nov 13th 2018, 2:27:50

Yeah, my husband's families home was one of the first to go in Paradise. Even though it was sold it still knocks the wind out of you.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

The_Hawk

Nov 13th 2018, 2:33:07

Number 3 is the culprit.
Poor management of their forestry. Reporter even tried getting the ecologist to blame climate change and he stated that this is caused by a natural occurance of conditions.
Another ecologist in the 90s even pointed out 100 yrs of data to show that the area is a forest that must have fires to be sustainable.

fluffty event.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2018, 2:43:47

Pay no attention to the fake news
https://phys.org/...fornia-fluke-experts.html
👽

sinistril Game profile

Nov 13th 2018, 3:22:41

Tons of reasons that have loads of nuance and circumstance to them.

http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/...cidentstatsevents_269.pdf
^ the biggest anomaly I see in those statistics is the introduction of social media

Now everything is 'the absolute worst'.

The media in 2018: https://pics.onsizzle.com/...ining-my-life-7262118.png

Edited By: sinistril on Nov 13th 2018, 3:27:03
See Original Post
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2018, 5:00:20

Stupid people is the biggest problem, almost all fires this year was thanks to stupid people, and California has an abundance of them :-(

California, the stupid state.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Nov 14th 2018, 5:02:20
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2018, 15:46:33

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/...maga-cretins-to-fear.html

How to Convince MAGA Cretins to Fear Climate Change

Hey, you got friends or relatives who think Donald Trump is the greatest man in the history of forever (except, of course, for Jesus Christ because he's the Lord or some such fluff)? You tired of their "climate change is fake news made up by Big Science for that sweet grant money" nonsense? You gotta learn to speak their language. You gotta learn to play on their fears. And you can do that pretty easily.

Let's do this fluff quick and nasty.

1. Tell 'em that climate change is gonna make a whole lot more immigrants come to this country.

"Yeah, that's right, Cousin Skeeter. When there are droughts and hurricanes hitting El Salvador, the people aren't gonna just sit there and die. They're all gonna get the fluff outta el dodge-o and get somewhere that's safer. You think there are a lot of people caravanning now? You throw in some fires and floods and biblical fluff, and you're gonna get a couple million people walking up north to escape it. So if you're mad about all them Messicans speaking Spanish down at the Piggly Wiggly, Skeeter, you better tell your congressman to get his ass out of Exxon's back pocket and start cleaning the air up or your little girl Liberty there is gonna have to learn to habla some espanol."

2. Tell 'em that climate change is bringing in tropical diseases.

"Hey, Aunt Jane-Bob, you better be careful when you're giggin' fer critters out there in the swamp to make your famous frog fritters for Christmas because climate change has made the mosquitoes and bitin' bugs able to make you even sicker. Yeah, there's gonna be more lyme disease and West Nile and all kinds of terrible illnesses. You tell Uncle Ricky-Bob to be care of the deer ticks when he's out huntin'. And because things have gotten so bad so fast, we're gettin' diseases from those fluffhole countries, things like malaria and Dengue fever and stuff that'll make you fluff yourself for so long that you'll be praying for the Lord to take you."

3. Tell 'em that climate change is gonna get rid of their favorite places.

"You know how you like to take your family every year to Myrtle Beach, Lil' Brother Floyd? How you remember how our daddy took us and his daddy took him? Yeah, I miss those trips with the house right on the beach. And the best part is how you get to drive your truck up and down the shore. It don't get no better 'n that, right, Floyd? Well, if we don't turn things around, Myrtle Beach is gonna be fluffed. fluffed bad. All those houses are gonna be washed away. Yeah, it ain't just liberals in California and New York and New Jersey gettin' ass-fluffed by rising seas and wildfires. Daytona. Gulf Shores. They'll be underwater. The forest where you like to hunt wild boar in North Carolina? They're gettin' hit by fires. Some of your favorite spots ain't gonna be there anymore. Your son, Floydy-T, he won't be able to bring his family back to Myrtle Beach when he's all growed because there won't be a Myrtle Beach."

Now, you may ask how you get them to believe there is even such a thing as climate change. Well, after you lay out the immigrant-filled, disease-rampant, no Myrtle Beach future, you ask them, "If 98 people told you that if you just sit still and do nothing, a big ol' grizzly bear is gonna fluff you in the face, but 2 people said, 'Well, there is a grizzly bear, but we don't believe he's gonna fluff you in the face,' would you just sit still and wait to see if the grizzly bear fluffs your face? Hell, no. You'd get the fluff out of there. Even if you wanna swallow grizzly bear jizz, it's not gonna go well because it's a grizzly bear. fluffing your face."

There you go, people. A handy guide to keep on your phones, in a message marked, "In case of moron, open."
👽

IPCC Game profile

Dec 11th 2018, 23:11:18

The energy that you use to argue with morons simply accelerates the rate of climate change.

We at the International Petroleum Control Commission do not have a sense of humor that we are aware of.

Please do not feed the trolls.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.
Hi and bye, Marshal.

IPCC Game profile

Dec 14th 2018, 22:49:39

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse

"Heating or electricity is one of the most considerable costs in the operstion of greenhouses..."

Wonder why they don't just rely on the Greenhouse Gases to keep the environment warm enough to grow plants?

!8ball It's because they don't know how to do basic math?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.
Hi and bye, Marshal.