Verified:

Player Z

Oct 22nd 2018, 3:52:45

I'm going to call an audible and say we skip this pre-Halloween weekend for challenges and kick it back in for 10/31-11/4.

If anyone has any strong preferences for the Halloween challenge, feel free to make suggestions here!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2018, 3:55:31

Make challenges great again!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2018, 15:47:35

Was thinking strat specific challenges could be interesting.
Everyone cashing one week, or teching, or whatever.

Difficulty would be dealing with ruined markets and land. If everyone shoots for a 30k casher land is gonna be rough, tech prices and food prices outrageous.

And winner could say they were "best" at that strat in the extreme environment.

Oct 22nd 2018, 15:50:31

Added thought, there are a few title holders... The winners of 0cs, 4k,allx, and whatever else.

Maybe we could keep track of who currently has the win for each(added to the set results post each week?), and people could issue personal challenges to win the title?

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2018, 16:07:35

I enjoy the challenges as long as it's still possible to top 10 doing them. I won one of the challenges and finished 17th. I am still 43 top tens behind Superfly and 81 behind Viva so I consider anything less than top 10 a wasted set.

Edited By: beerdrinker75 on Oct 22nd 2018, 16:10:17
See Original Post
Just shut up and have another beer

Oct 22nd 2018, 18:14:37

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I enjoy the challenges as long as it's still possible to top 10 doing them. I won one of the challenges and finished 17th. I am still 43 top tens behind Superfly and 81 behind Viva so I consider anything less than top 10 a wasted set.

This is a fair point, and plays well with strategy specific events. A farmer probably isn't going to win if there are 5 to 10 extra playing it, BUT a top 10 is definitely doable, and a top 5 isn't unreasonable.

PaperTiger Game profile

Oct 22nd 2018, 18:20:45

Ive been advocating for a DEMO X, therefore market play is the deciding factor.
Demo all explore...any build? demo all tech, no attacking, acreage cap. Many factors could be used to make it more interesting.
Just my opinion.
I want a market based challenge.

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2018, 18:46:04

Originally posted by PaperTiger:
Ive been advocating for a DEMO X, therefore market play is the deciding factor.
Demo all explore...any build? demo all tech, no attacking, acreage cap. Many factors could be used to make it more interesting.
Just my opinion.
I want a market based challenge.

I like this idea. I'm in if it comes to fruition

Marshal Game profile

Oct 22nd 2018, 19:41:07

all-x oiler
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2018, 19:44:07

Originally posted by Marshal:
all-x oiler

Do it and then I'll go demo mbr

Marshal Game profile

Oct 22nd 2018, 20:34:41

if that all-x challenge's set's prices are any indicator then oiler sux.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

vatzooland

Oct 24th 2018, 2:19:36

I challenge you not to set a challenge.

PaperTiger Game profile

Oct 24th 2018, 16:09:00

ok so no response on the challenge....
Next set I advocate for DEMO (+ parameters) that make it a market play challenge.
Could be full explore, with retals only?
could be acreage parameters?
could be building conditions.
many factors could be involved. If I saw there was more interest in this challenge I would extrapolate further.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 24th 2018, 16:21:59

I brought you all a challenge....
now returning....
Walt Hunt!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Helmut Game profile

Oct 24th 2018, 21:16:29

Anyone up for a one on one war challenge? Build a country & go to war on Saturday nite, last man standing...

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2018, 21:25:33

Originally posted by Helmut:
Anyone up for a one on one war challenge? Build a country & go to war on Saturday nite, last man standing...

I don't want to war but glad to see you are still around. I haven't seen you post in a while and thought you might have retired.

Helmut Game profile

Oct 24th 2018, 21:39:12

Thanks BD, I was busy all summer. I played a couple sets recently & got in t10. Seen they were doing challenges, & thought that years ago, they used to do one on one challenges....maybe it was in a dream.....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 25th 2018, 1:16:55

Demo all-x seems viable. Its a fair bit like the allxp challenge tho. Anything strat specific has a tendency to ruin the market... if you announce a casher challege i will just opt out and play techer to benefit from all the extra cashers.

I played casher in the 0cs duel tho. And in the tyr casher duel too lol. Tyr casher is so bad that it wont ruin the market but i seem to remember the tech prices still went up a fair bit.

Oct 25th 2018, 17:02:19

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Demo all-x seems viable. Its a fair bit like the allxp challenge tho. Anything strat specific has a tendency to ruin the market... if you announce a casher challege i will just opt out and play techer to benefit from all the extra cashers.

I played casher in the 0cs duel tho. And in the tyr casher duel too lol. Tyr casher is so bad that it wont ruin the market but i seem to remember the tech prices still went up a fair bit.

Ruining the market is half the fun. Sure, you could play opposite and have a good finish, but my thought was the extreme scarcity of tech and land would be a solid challenge.

Unlike the Tyr casher version, you'd be able to have a good country that wasn't an awful struggle. But to have a GREAT country you'd need to be creative.

Was just a thought, anyway