Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:08:38

Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
DS, have you seen the new API? App format launch is seriously right around the corner. Did you know that?

Pretty sure that was the case before I stopped logging in 10 yrs ago

No. Theres a new UI. Seriously. I've played on it. It's in app format.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 9th 2018, 3:09:39

DS, have you seen the new API? App format launch is seriously right around the corner. Did you know that?

Nah this is an actual thing happening

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:13:55

is the new ui clicky?

ie you can do things like cash a turn without typing

or tech a single tpt in a category by clicking a button

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 3:14:16

No offense to skywise.. But did you know his dog is named havoc?

We chose to make the entire server an enemy. We chose to make you a punching bag.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:16:40

I've seen it. I know. Gonna take a bit more than ui.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:18:31

Lol. Verbal only. I was warring and now I've been killing you. That's about all you've done to me

Enshula yes. Even teching a single turn is clicky. And you can spam click the button Haha. Think like attacking but with teching Haha. I actually liked the feature a lot because it wasn't such a drag to tech priority techs first. Everything was so much quicker in that way.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:20:38

Agreed but it's absolutely the first step. The game is not attractive to new players rn so once the new UI is released, traffic direction will come into higher focus. It's a process.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:28:09

What else would you do? We got our early nut on your buddies, then everyone helped permanently remove laf's land from circulation. Outside of that, you keep some squirrels entertained.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:28:40

By new players I actually meant young players btw. I think EE is seksi

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:30:39

What else would you do? We got our early nut on your buddies, then everyone helped permanently remove laf's land from circulation. Outside of that, you keep some squirrels entertained.

So the goal was to be entertained in killing and hit LaF. Hmmm. So why did you make LaF's enemies ally with LaF against you? That seems very shortsighted.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:31:17

Agreed but it's absolutely the first step. The game is not attractive to new players rn so once the new UI is released, traffic direction will come into higher focus. It's a process.

I look forward to seeing the first truly new member.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:35:00

So the goal was to be entertained in killing and hit LaF. Hmmm. So why did you make LaF's enemies ally with LaF against you? That seems very shortsighted.

Is 50% a passing grade now?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:38:25

But if I hit a 100% and still feel like you could've had more fun playing your cards better, is that really a 100% grade?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:47:40

You guys lived up to about 5% of what you could have.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:50:48

50% is pretty generous, and I've enjoyed myself quite a bit.

But as I've said, never stop being you.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:52:55

You guys lived up to about 5% of what you could have.

I don't believe there was enough land on the server for that even be remotely close.. But feel free to prove me wrong

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 4:12:24

Something something might makes right. You were close to a good arc with your rhetoric. You just chose to hit singles instead of a 3 run dinger. Better luck next time.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 4:16:41

Hitting the whole server either handed sol the win, or changed nothing, and allied everyone against you. You're essentially a fly that got swatted away, and people are already planning mitigating the damage next set. One havoc wrecker to another, your method was what made your grade 5%. You could have done waaaayyyy more damage with that many people. We all know it. And no excuses about some being restarts. That's just bad planning.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 9th 2018, 4:26:09
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 4:19:33

But congrats on your land I guess. You really used it well.

Oct 9th 2018, 13:26:10

You're still believing too much of what you read.

You think sol could win? That'd be a pretty funny trade for letting me use their tag.

Namineff Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 14:11:18

Hitting the whole server either handed sol the win, or changed nothing, and allied everyone against you. You're essentially a fly that got swatted away, and people are already planning mitigating the damage next set. One havoc wrecker to another, your method was what made your grade 5%. You could have done waaaayyyy more damage with that many people. We all know it. And no excuses about some being restarts. That's just bad planning.

Lol. I find it amusing that you're still looking at someone 'winning' this set. Besides, SoL can't net....never could. If they win, then sp00ge wins, lol.

Derrick, You have no idea what our plans were going into the set. We have achieved 100% of what we wanted to achieve. Get ready for all out warfare now, sweety. <3
We are sp00ge...it will be messy!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 15:56:40

I know. I've asked your goals about 6 times now. No need to point out that I don't know what your goals are. If i did know, i wouldn't ask. Lol

Also sweetie, not sweety. That looks like sweaty when you spell it that way.

It does appear you were looking to do damage and you didnt do a lot of that.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 9th 2018, 16:00:36
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 16:23:08

Can someone explain to me why a new player would ever want to play this over any other game they could play?

Namineff Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 19:13:20

Originally posted by Requiem:
Can someone explain to me why a new player would ever want to play this over any other game they could play?

^^^^^^^^^

That is it in a nutshell. Conflict and politics will attract attention, but there needs to be a much more attractive and simplistic interface to attract any younger players and that is what is needed in order to get younger players.
We are sp00ge...it will be messy!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 9th 2018, 19:54:01

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? IT WENT SO BAD FOR ME.
Go back to your raiding

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 20:20:10

Galleri just don’t fail. Its simple!

Rokkie Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 20:21:31

Galleri just don’t fail. Its simple!

what progress you on? 2/8m here so far. hc cleared ofc.

Earth Watcher

Oct 9th 2018, 20:29:27

They wouldn't. They don't. They aren't. They never will.
This isn't really a casual game. You can play casually, but be honest, are you even playing? The return on investment is exactly negative of how much time you put in. You don't even get shiny digital bits and pretty pixels for your time. It's all erased by the next set. No progression, if anything regression; LCN are fluff netters and got jealous of LaF's superior netting/warring/members/training/history/reproductive organ size and fertility/etc and so now are going to ruin any netting sets, waste the servers time, and try to damage membership counts.

Let's say you spend 59 days try harding it up, putting together a win, and then wankers from LCN ruin it all because their alliance was fluffty and fell apart. Do you think a new player will stick around for this? You can polish a turd all day long, and in the end all you have is fluff on your hands. I can think of no successful game where griefing is allowed.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, the game is a relic of a simpler time and a majority of the remaining player base would instantly turn off anyone new coming to play. If the admins are actually serious in revitalizing the game; the first step would be to permaban these LCN reject griefers to get rid of the stain, and then design and institute a country roll back solution and proper war engagement mechanics to stop this from happening again.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 21:06:29

Rookie!

7/8 H
1/8 M

361 ilvl I think! Fire Mage here, feels bad man.

Edited By: Requiem on Oct 9th 2018, 21:11:31

Rokkie Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 21:08:22

Rookie!

7/8 H
1/8 M

361 ilvl I think!

nice, sort the orb teams and its eazzzzyy, 366 here. go go, you on US realms right?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 21:12:16

Yeah ill PM you my battle tag.

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 21:15:36

Derrick - archaic did play a country this reset. I farmed and when I found out it was his I had a big smile on my face. He has been crying on AT ever since.

Here is the thread.

http://m.earthempires.com/...lk/502-45880?t=1538522896

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 21:19:27

It is obvious to anyone with a quarter of a brain cell what our goals are. We have a simple mission -we are not on a crusade, we know we arent going to change the face of the game. You are trying to read way too much in to everything.

Oct 9th 2018, 22:16:42

Originally posted by Earth Watcher:

This isn't really a casual game. You can play casually, but be honest, are you even playing? The return on investment is exactly negative of how much time you put in. You don't even get shiny digital bits and pretty pixels for your time. It's all erased by the next set. No progression, if anything regression; LCN are fluff netters and got jealous of LaF's superior netting/warring/members/training/history/reproductive organ size and fertility/etc and so now are going to ruin any netting sets, waste the servers time, and try to damage membership counts.

Let's say you spend 59 days try harding it up, putting together a win, and then wankers from LCN ruin it all because their alliance was fluffty and fell apart. Do you think a new player will stick around for this? You can polish a turd all day long, and in the end all you have is fluff on your hands. I can think of no successful game where griefing is allowed.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, the game is a relic of a simpler time and a majority of the remaining player base would instantly turn off anyone new coming to play. If the admins are actually serious in revitalizing the game; the first step would be to permaban these LCN reject griefers to get rid of the stain, and then design and institute a country roll back solution and proper war engagement mechanics to stop this from happening again.

Do you have any idea how much fun I would have if there was a server roll back mechanism? Omfg, please make that happen.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2018, 7:40:49

Originally posted by Earth Watcher:

This stuff is really getting fluffy.

So apparently a couple guys from LCN do some suiciding and now suddenly everyone who ever played under LCN is now automatically bad guys and should be permabanned? Why the huge knee jerk reaction. Its entirely disproportionate given the claims of them having done so little.

LCN always had its bad apples - in the reunion set I recall at least one tag jumper. Always been the same in any clan as I recall. I also remember we had to deal with a couple suiciders of our own. I think the reset was a huge success, and amazed out the results because the whole thing was basically a leaderless bunch of guys that hadn't played in years.

Maybe chin-up and crack on...? if you let these guys get to you then they have already "won"...