Verified:

Purposeful1 Game profile

Aug 10th 2018, 1:01:22

Currently the permanent bonuses are reduced when you switch governments by the same % as other losses. The bonuses are described as permanent, so they shouldn't be reduced when switching govts.

Was a little surprising to go from -31% building costs to -19% building costs when I switched at end of set.
Purposeful1

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 10th 2018, 1:10:02

That's not good!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 10th 2018, 20:47:39

its not a bug. it was purposely introduced in one of the game changes.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Purposeful1 Game profile

Aug 10th 2018, 22:14:46

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
its not a bug. it was purposely introduced in one of the game changes.

Is there a place where these changes are listed? I can't find them on any of the announcements. [Same with the changing NW rules on attacking at the very end of the set.] - **Nvm on last bit - see Marshall's post below.**

If it was actually a purposeful change, then the bonus descriptions need to be modified so that they don't say "permanent" bonuses.

FWIW, bonus turns seem to be more powerful than other bonuses in general, so it seems a little silly to nerf all of the other bonuses only.

Edited By: Purposeful1 on Aug 10th 2018, 23:16:07
See Original Post
Purposeful1

Marshal Game profile

Aug 10th 2018, 22:57:16

humas: https://www.earthempires.com/forum/post/481615/perm

couldn't find bonus pts change (on govt switch or after restarting).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Purposeful1 Game profile

Aug 10th 2018, 23:11:46

Thanks, Marshal!
Purposeful1

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 11th 2018, 19:12:41

They are permanent in the sense that the bonus doesnt run out after X amount of turns.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2018, 22:56:32

Unused bonus points aren't affected by gov change. When working on a perm bonus and planning a change, stock up the bonus pts a few days before you switch gov.
👽

Purposeful1 Game profile

Aug 14th 2018, 17:29:34

They are permanent in the sense that the bonus doesnt run out after X amount of turns.

That sounds like not permanent to me.

If that is the intended case, then the description should be clarified so people know that it gets reduced by govt changes.

That being said, it still seems silly, both for reasons I've listed above, plus (1) building bonuses in particular are often meant for rebuilding upon govt switches, and (2) Other bonuses, like extra bonus turns and free "permanent" GDI and Booms don't get reduced effect due to govt switches.

Originally posted by cyref:
Unused bonus points aren't affected by gov change. When working on a perm bonus and planning a change, stock up the bonus pts a few days before you switch gov.

That's nice for getting a couple extra turns for a FS, but not as useful when you've spent the whole set putting bonuses into something for your endgame (like building costs or size of PM or resource decay). Going from a 30% bonus to a 19% bonus is rugged.
Purposeful1

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2018, 13:32:52

its probably got a lot to do with the way bonus's are tracked and fascism as well

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 20th 2018, 13:50:25

Originally posted by Purposeful1:

That sounds like not permanent to me.

If that is the intended case, then the description should be clarified so people know that it gets reduced by govt changes.

That being said, it still seems silly, both for reasons I've listed above, plus (1) building bonuses in particular are often meant for rebuilding upon govt switches, and (2) Other bonuses, like extra bonus turns and free "permanent" GDI and Booms don't get reduced effect due to govt switches.

Originally posted by cyref:

That's nice for getting a couple extra turns for a FS, but not as useful when you've spent the whole set putting bonuses into something for your endgame (like building costs or size of PM or resource decay). Going from a 30% bonus to a 19% bonus is rugged.

I know what you are saying, but bonus turns are a one and done bonus (and you dont loose regular turns on gov switch either) and gdi is a bonus where you paid points to be in it all set. The other "permanent bonuses" are just like buildings, troops, cash etc. The bonuses are resources that are part of your country's infrastructure... so when you switch, they get reduced/damaged/lost during the revolt.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 20th 2018, 23:56:10

learn to minimize conversion losses before converting and you would of only went from 30% to 26%.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Purposeful1 Game profile

Aug 21st 2018, 6:51:41

Originally posted by drkprinc:
learn to minimize conversion losses before converting and you would of only went from 30% to 26%.

Thanks for your feedback. The absolute minimum would be going from 30% to 25.8%. When your land+building nw alone puts you into increased conversion losses, then you're a little SOL no matter how much you minimize losses (and I don't mean Sons of Liberty).

The point, though, which both you and LittleItaly seem to be missing, is that even if this was an intended result, it is NOT communicated that the "permanent" bonuses are subject to the same temporal nature that buildings, military, cash, and tech are subject to. The message that is displayed before switching govts is the following: "To change governments at this point, you must start a revolution that will consume XX% of your military, technology, buildings, and resources." I don't think "permanent bonuses" fits into any of those categories. "Resources" would be a big stretch at best.

Now, I still disagree with this and would suggest that this be changed for the reasons stated above, but it at a minimum should be communicated by changing the conversion message to refer to bonuses as well.
Purposeful1

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 21st 2018, 12:55:11

yes, the knowledge does come from playing the game, among other things.

if qz or pang sees this... add bonuses to this string :P

Originally posted by Purposeful1:
"To change governments at this point, you must start a revolution that will consume XX% of your military, technology, buildings, and resources." I don't think "permanent bonuses" fits into any of those categories. "Resources" would be a big stretch at best.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet