Verified:

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2010, 17:29:06

http://tv.yahoo.com/...0422-us_southpark_muslims

Here is a little excerpt.

"The little-known group RevolutionMuslim.com posted a message on its website earlier this week warning creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker "that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show."

The website posted a graphic photo of Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was killed in 2004 by an Islamic militant over a movie he had made that accused Islam of condoning violence against women. It also posted a link to a news article with details of a mansion in Colorado that Parker and Stone apparently own.

Most Muslims consider any depiction of the founder of Islam as offensive."

I am all for the freedom of religion that, for the most part, we all share and receive.

When does it start becoming radical behavior?! When does Islam start becoming a radical religion?!

When Southpark censors their show for anything, that is FREAKING SCARY.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 18:11:54

"When does Islam start becoming a radical religion?!"

It's been that way since before the Crusades. Nothing new.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2010, 18:24:35

I thought they were going PR recently.

You know....the whole chopping off heads thing was not a representation of Muslims, just a radical group that were knife happy.

Pretty terrifying.

AoS Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 18:35:43

Gah. I figured I'd watch the new one today online. NOPE. "Der, sorry, there were too many bleeps from the censors, we'll try to get it online soon".

And anyone who gets worked up over a cartoon and makes claims about how stupid it is needs to take a good, long look in the mirror.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 22nd 2010, 18:50:29

well you have to admit, my little pony was a pretty stupid cartoon:P

I saw the latest two southpark eps.. 300 and 301.. and umm yeah if you are offended by that wow..
there is no helping you

@nukevil.. it's sort of ironic that you mention the crusades in the same line as your statement :).

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

AoS Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 18:51:28

You mean 200 and 201? :P

Silly martypoo.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:04:13

"@nukevil.. it's sort of ironic that you mention the crusades in the same line as your statement :)."

Glad someone picked up on that...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:23:22

AoS.. yeah that.
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:27:17

Sigh....*insert long dictation about using the radical %1 to define the rest of the normal %99 here*

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:51:29

That doesn't fly anymore.

America is filled to the brim with ignorance and obesity.

Canada is full of lumberjacking, flannel wearing, meese humpers.

Muslims are 100% radical.

Regardless.....

I need proof. I don't associate with terrorists, but if you happen to know of a few head chopper offers that you can ask about this...I would prefer to hear what they have to say.

Don't get lazy on me. Or 1% of my free thinking, anti-radical (though not to be confused with me being radical in a good way. As I am often thought as radical. Or tubular.), your mother banging fist will punch 99% of your anti-democratic, hippy smelling, head chopping sympathizing face. (Virtually and without sexual gratification. Maybe)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 22nd 2010, 20:01:57

hmmm the problem with the radical 1% argument....

1%*2Billion people = alot of angry radicals... like 20M

Edited By: qzjul on Apr 22nd 2010, 20:02:13
Finally did the signature thing.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2010, 21:28:35

qz.....don't say that.

You are going to get censored.

Patience Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 21:33:43

Hey. Meese are seksi. Don't judge me.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 22:43:05

qz - and you don't think there's just as many radical christians/jews/etc?

Hick

Apr 22nd 2010, 23:56:44

Now3p, there have been some radical christians and jews yes, but there have been far more radical muslims. far more.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 3:03:47

I am Muslim.

I find it offensive.

But censor it? Nope. Groups like these radicals are stupid.

Sure it's offensive, but we live in a day and age when we *SHOULD* accept such behavior. Unfortunately, groups like these are still stuck in the stone age.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2010, 3:06:02

well we can revise it upwards to 1%*7B people if you like NOW3P

heh
Finally did the signature thing.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 3:13:37

There aren't even that many radical Muslims proportional to other denominations/religions.

If you consider firstly all the "extremists" who are violent, it's still a pathetically small proportion of Muslims (don't forget Indonesia is the most populous Muslim nation on the planet, and the second highest population is in India). Then, you take the portion that is not politically motivated to further their own personal, greedy needs and that number becomes even lower.

Al Qaeda? Political, but they use religion as a justification to recruit and further their agenda.

Iraqis? Political, they are fighting for power.

Hamas? Political, they are fighting for territory and power.

Hezbollah? Political, they are defending their territory.

Abu Sayaf? Political, they are fighting for independence.

Chechnians? Political, they are fighting for independence.

So what's left, trolls? All of these guys have political motives and use Islam as a facade to lure in new recruits and to bolster their goals.

This is not defending terrorism or violence. I am personally anti-violence. But it just goes to show how little all of your understanding really is on what motivates these groups. They all publicly claim that it is over religion, but that's bullfluff. What they really want is almost always political, and they'll stfu once they've gained it (and none of them have got what they wanted so far, so they still whine and blow themselves up).
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 4:14:55

lol @ Earth Watcher

Created an account just to make that jab at me? That's pretty cowardly.

Look up Dresden. Look up what Americans did in Vietnam. You don't need a religion to be a terrorist.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 4:29:04

You should pay a bit more attention Earth Watcher...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Of all the Muslims I know, I can't say one of them thinks in the same way as the extremists you see on TV/in the news. I mean, there's a definite demographic there that IS crazy....but they're far from the norm, and no more prolific than Christian/Catholic extremists, they just get better press.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 4:34:47

No kidding.

Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake because she wore men's clothes.

She was wearing men's clothes the entire time, then got arrested. She continued wearing men's clothes out of fear of getting raped by the male prisoners there (men's clothes = less accessibility).

They made her sign a confession promising to move her to a different jail as long as she repented and started wearing clothes like a woman, and she agreed.

Then they reneged on the agreement and out of fear of rape, continued wearing men's clothes.

Outraged that she would go back to wearing men's clothes, she was condemned to burn at the stake.

Anyways, this is besides the point. Terrorism does not need a religion to be terrorism. There is plenty of state-sponsored terrorism that gets glossed over as I previously mentioned in the post above.

Just because it is during war does not make it okay to kill indiscriminately.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 4:43:29

wow, this got off topic rather quickly

i dont think it should of been censored, because for it to be offensive, it would have to be taken out of context. anyone whos really taking offense to this episode, does not watch southpark on a regular basis. they make fun of ALL religions pretty equally. i mean, just look at their interpertation of moses and jesus. and god at the round table in a few episodes.

putting god and jesus and moses in imaginationland

its not that they are making fun of islam, they are making fun of ALL religions, and none of it should be taken serious, its all in satire
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 4:47:02

Well, I mean what they are doing IS offensive, but that doesn't mean it should be censored. They can do whatever they want. I don't really care either way, as long as it does not foment hatred for anyone, including my own religion.

But it is just satire, so who cares. These loonies who threaten violence are idiots.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 5:16:30

There is no excommunication in Islam because we do not use intermediaries to, well, "communicate" with God (prayers are made directly, not through a priest or some such). There is no Islamic institution, like the Papacy for instance.

I agree, these guys have done a lot of damage to the name of Islam in the past 10 years more than the entire history of Islam put together. It's disgusting.

But remember, all of these people you hear of are STILL a very small minority of Muslims who just try to live day-to-day lives. It is easy to lose sight of this given all the media exposure.

Imagine if threats against abortion clinics were broadcast on the news every day, making a big spectacle of it. I mean, these threats on abortion clinics by extremist Christians happens ALL the time. The only times that they do get exposure is when the action is actually carried out.

When it comes to Islam, just the threat of violence is reported. It's preposterous.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 5:18:43

just to fan the fire

a threat against a abortion clinic, and murdering 3000 people under the pretenses that the towers were filled with american jews

are hardly the same thing

being for fetus rights, and declaring jihad on all christians, are not the same thing

:P
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 5:23:44

So in principle, terrorism is only terrorism when Muslims do it? Because that's what it sounds like to me, mrford.

That's like saying that genocide is different when 6 million Jews are killed rather than a few hundred thousand Tutsis.

Genocide is genocide is genocide. Terrorism is terrorism is terrorism.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 5:59:22

To go back on topic, I think the censoring was actually part of the schtick for the episodes....as the attempts to keep from pissing off the Muslims in the episode got more and more asinine, the censorship was more and more severe:

- Mohamed's name wasn't censored early in the 200 episode, but later on in 201 it was.
- Early in the 200 and 201 episodes, you hear Mohamed's voice but later on it is completely censored.
- In 200 and 201, people expel endless theories about Mohamed and his powers, but the "I've learned something today" lesson is completely censored

I'm calling BS - I think it was intentional, and supposed to be funny. Let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time the SP guys have tried to make a joke that just fell short or went over people's heads.

braden Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 11:32:37

"Look up Dresden."

fighting the nazis, conquering facism in europe, liberating all the countries, and then giving it back to who it belonged to... the jews being murdered? The gypsies and the communists? the political dissidents?

the moral of the story is the raf and usaaf are fluffing terrorists?
god damn those incindiary bombs in war time, a war the raf or usaaf didn't start- no, they only ended it. At a very high cost to a lot of young men and their families.

Burn the fluffing thing again, just to remind them to keep their bullfluff in their own country. (extremism, anybody? :P)

dustfp Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 12:01:29

"That's like saying that genocide is different when 6 million Jews are killed rather than a few hundred thousand Tutsis.

Genocide is genocide is genocide. Terrorism is terrorism is terrorism."

I find it hard to see how scale or reasoning would have no bearing...
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 15:03:49

@dustfp

"I find it hard to see how scale or reasoning would have no bearing... "

Because when you judge things on scale alone, you diminunize the suffering of others and it's somehow less-bad. Genocide in ANY form is bad, whether it's 1000 or 6 million. Sure, the scale makes a difference, but don't assume because one massacre is large in scope and the other one relatively small that they are not categorized as the same type of atrocity.

@braden

Firebombing civilians (in Japan as well) is still state-sponsored terrorism and is illegal. Would it have been okay to kill all the interned Japanese and Germans on American soil so long as we won the war and liberated Europe? Of course not! That is my point. Just because you do something in war does not make it righteous simply because your cause is righteous.

And let's not forgot that the Germans started massacring the Jews well before America got involved. At first, America didn't even give a fluff. As a matter of fact, some American companies were selling to Germany even during the outset of genocide.

Edited By: TAN on Apr 23rd 2010, 15:07:19
FREEEEEDOM!!!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 23rd 2010, 17:00:27

There was a lot of catholic terrorism in England as well (the IRA anyone?)

Hick

Apr 23rd 2010, 17:05:06

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2010, 17:49:23

TAN.

I was actually glad you did speak up. I was anxious to hear what your opinion on it was.

Though, I do respect your side and am glad for the most part that you think these radical Muslims are a bit off their rocker. However, I don't understand how any of that has to do with the Third Reich.

At least it was a Jew hating nut who decreed Genocide to a race and not a "Supreme Being".

I definitely think that it was offensive to Muslims as a whole and maybe it's just the fact that the US is so drowned in anti-religion media that it slides right off of us.

In essence, I just want to know that when the aliens invade us, we can be on the same team rather then fighting amongst ourselves.

As for the IRA. I think that was a little more deep rooted then simply Protestant vs. Catholics. I mean, really anything between Ireland and England was always more political. Plus they were Irish. All Irish people are angry drunks. Probably initially started off being a drinking game.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 18:34:03

The Nazi thing was a tangent of a tangent.

Basically, my point was that terrorism is largely political and it doesn't matter what religion you are in. Atheists can be terrorists too. Even governments can be terrorists.

So saying that this is a Muslim phenomenon is incorrect. It's a human issue, not a Muslim one.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2010, 18:44:37

I find no argument in that. Though, Muslims are trying to bring it back old school. I guess I will just have to wait until we get some crazy Christian/Catholic terrorists to even it all out so we can focus on the human problem more efficiently.

If only we could get rid of that human issue......

Widespread disease? World War? Who/what is going to butterfly this into world wide catastrophe?

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2010, 18:54:22

There we have it! They just aren't as crafty apparently.

We can now focus on the human issue.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 18:56:00

Here's some Jewish terrorism for you too:

http://www.reuters.com/...cle/idUSTRE63D2KA20100414

FTA:

The Israeli army said the Bilal Ibn Rabah mosque in the village of Hawara near Nablus had been vandalized by "anonymous suspects." Two cars were also set ablaze in the village. The army condemned the attack and ordered an investigation.

"The Star of David symbol and the word 'Mohammad' in Hebrew were among the graffiti painted on the wall of the mosque," the army said in a statement, adding that the graffiti was erased by the Israeli authorities.

Kamal Odeh, a Hawara resident and representative of the Palestinian Fatah party, said it was the second time settlers had attacked the village this week. They torched one car and opened fire on a shop in Hawara on Monday, he said.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 19:04:12

lol dibs.

true dat. it's inherently human behavior, like warring over resources. how do you stop something that is intrinsically human without changing a fundamental human characteristic on a global level?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

AoS Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 19:09:03

I just want to watch south park. D:

I'm gonna start killing a muslim every hour I can't see the new one.

braden Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 20:55:31

every single act of war is an act of terrorism then.

the blitzkreig? napolean? genghis khan? bloods vs crips? the gang who might beat me up and take my wallet?

the bully in the school yard?

flying planes into buildings? dynamite on your chest into a coffee shop? a night club, an embassy, or a fire fight in the middle of the vietnamese jungle? burning of vc towns? suspected vc towns?

i see a difference between the acts of war, the acts of brutality, and the acts of terrorism, personally. i can also understand how one wouldn't agree with that- i understand that perfectly.

Edited By: braden on Apr 23rd 2010, 20:58:48

Eric171 Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 5:39:54

There is no definition of terrorism that is universally accepted.

I personally like the one that start the wiki about it: "Terrorism is, in the most general sense, the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion."

Think about it, then rethink about what your own country and/or groups you like/dislike did through their history. You will be surprised, likely not in a good way.

If we leave it to political choice, someone's terrorist will be someone's else freedom fighter, and that is what usually happen.

AoS Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 8:33:13

Eric pretty much got what I was gonna say. Even 9/11 was a successful use of terrorism, not in the sense that they killed a thousand people, but in that they got the entire country frightened. They pretty much made the US classify terrorism as any other race doing something suspicious, which hurts us in the long run.

Neil Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 10:28:59

Would be nice if you muslim bashers posted any evidence that muslims are more likely than average to backup your rants. Non anecdotal evidence would be great.

If I could stastically prove that jewish people are more likely per capita to be terrorists would you start bashing jews and lay off muslims?

Its a fact that the USA and Israel practice state sponsored terrorism and the USA and Israel have killed many times more muslims than muslims have killed American or Israeli citizens.

braden Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 11:41:00

america is the devil, and the muslims are innocent little baby jesus'

the only solution? kill the jews, and enslave the infidels. (neil and his family are infidels, tan most likely also for associating himself with us infidels)

oh, non anecdotal... how about any of that proving your point?

war isn't terrorism, a tank driving through a desert or a smart bomb from 50k feet isn't terrorism. it is war. which, yes, causes fear and terror... but so did the hills have eyes, does that make the movie director a t errorist?

braden Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 11:50:50

personally like the one that start the wiki about it: "Terrorism is, in the most general sense, the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion."

if i uncover a secret of yours, and threaten to reveal it to the world or you pay me money, i have systematically used terror or fear exactly as a means of coercion.

i am now a terrorist?

braden Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 12:14:57

better to be a dirty little blackmailer than a dirty little citizen of a terrorist nation.

sherman burning atlanta? the union army was an army of terrorists, fighting against poor innocent constitutionalists, real americans who believe in states rights. fluffing filthy terrorist union scum. us grant is the worst of them all, save the tall man, lincoln some called him. Others just called him Shot in the Head.

Don't even get me started on Patton, Ike or DDE- i believe those three helped with words of encouragement, for hitler to start the whole death camp thing. Terrorists.

Neil Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 12:32:08

how many muslims do you guys know?

"america is the devil, and the muslims are innocent little baby jesus'

the only solution? kill the jews, and enslave the infidels."

I have never heard any of the vastly different types of muslims say anything even close to this.

"war isn't terrorism, a tank driving through a desert or a smart bomb from 50k feet isn't terrorism."

Do you understand that war is organized state terrorism and participants will commit acts of terror regardless of the justice of whichever noble cause they support?

I dont think you can argue that american and israeli forces in the middle east havent committed many acts of terror.

The union army and the allied armies were guilty of gross war crimes. Face the issue head on and dont talk about how bad OTHER people are.

Groups are composed of individuals and some indivduals in any conflict will use the opertunity to comit terror (for any number of reasons).

Dear D I cant read ibs
I was asking if I could show you this if you anti-islam feelings would become anti semetic. I am sure you are aware of the Israel policy in the west bank and gaza, surely the terror there must be a reflection not on certain individuals but on the jewish system.

The way you think of muslims is how germans thought of jews dude, it would be funny in thats its pathetic expect your american and think you have the god given right to blast your ignorance everywhere and have people take your laughable worldview seriously.

What has a muslim person ever done to anyone here? Then talk smack dude, when you know people who have died in the middle east as a direct response to american or Israeli FP its a little more real than what fox news tells you while you sit in your backwoods hick town i dont know any muslims or gays but i dont like em kkk wanna be george bush supporting trailer trash. Stop pretending you know what your talking about and study the history of US bombing in ww2 or life since '67 in the occupied areas.

Edited By: Neil on Apr 24th 2010, 12:34:30

Frost Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 13:49:02

Jerry Falwell is a radical Christian... should he be censored too? XD
AIM: Angel0fDeath78

Your personal Angel Of Death since 2004.

braden Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 14:09:45

if war is terrorism, then soldiers must be terrorists.

the united states marines in iraq and afghanistan are terrorists? Neil believes so. Does TAN believe so?
The Canadians soliders, the peacekeepers, they are terrorists?

The Allies in WWII were terrorists, because they were no matter how righteous in their cause, still waging war. Terrorism stopped the nazi's? Well, terrorism stopped other terrorism in the fourties.

I see. How could I be so blind to history?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 24th 2010, 14:36:05

less political wars.
More banana cream pies!
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )