Verified:

War Admiral of Tri

Jul 5th 2018, 11:03:26

First you delete my country. Now you are curtailing freedom of speech.

Why?

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jul 5th 2018, 11:31:15

technically, they simply get tired of hearing the same speech over and over. Your concerns have been heard.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 5th 2018, 12:35:35

freedom of speech doesn't have anything to do with this forum and its rules. besides that thread wasn't going anywhere and your alliance got countries restored so your 1st case was solved and like pang said they (admins and mods) can't give you lost turns back so your 2nd case was solved too (not the way you wanted but still) so with all your problems solved thread had no meaning anymore and could be closed.

if you want to continue your "march" then do it via forum priv msgs.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 5th 2018, 14:06:09

Is Freedom of Speech even a thing under Canadian rules?
Anyhow, everything stated above by the other two is your answer.
The thread and issue are solved.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 5th 2018, 14:41:52

well he still wants lost turns back even it isn't possible w/o major coding.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 5th 2018, 19:38:27

Originally posted by galleri:
Is Freedom of Speech even a thing under Canadian rules?

yes, and no

Freedom of expression in Canada is guaranteed by section 2(b) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
BUT
under Section 1 of the Charter ".... under reasonable limits prescribed by law"

which is pretty much how it is in most western democracies
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

War Admiral of Tri

Jul 6th 2018, 11:28:44

This guy "Marshal," a nearly 30k poster, will tell us exactly what trees make shingles.

Be advised: Do not ruffle his feathers.

"...besides that thread wasn't going anywhere.."

I'm happy to defend your right to say something as stupid as that.

Originally posted by Marshal:
freedom of speech doesn't have anything to do with this forum and its rules. besides that thread wasn't going anywhere and your alliance got countries restored so your 1st case was solved and like pang said they (admins and mods) can't give you lost turns back so your 2nd case was solved too (not the way you wanted but still) so with all your problems solved thread had no meaning anymore and could be closed.

War Admiral of Tri

Jul 6th 2018, 20:45:17

GodHead Dibs is CORRECT! All praise GodHead Dibs!

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
Originally posted by Marshal:

I really don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but there should be a variable stored somewhere which determines the number of turns available for a country to run, and it should be able to be modified by someone with sufficient knowledge and security access. Dunno as to whether or not it should be implemented as a policy.

earthmibs_Dibs

Jul 6th 2018, 21:48:27

no, no, no... All Praises must be raised to galleri and her occasionally bouncing boobies.

Crap. I forgot the name of the account which is about to be banned.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.
Hmm, I can't post due to an IP Ban. Neato.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 6th 2018, 22:05:13

Like was already said in the thread: sometimes threads run their course and topping them with the same arguments doesn't contribute to the conversation anymore so we choose to close them.

Issues were heard, I restored a country that should be the end of it. While we're on the subject, looking into it more and chatting with the mod who made the deletion, there were other messages sent which weren't on the deletion report and were more obscene than the one I read before I restored the country. I'd just drop it because the more I look into it and the more I see these posts the more unhappy I am that I restored the country at all. It won't be a mistake I make again.

Anyway this thread aligns with my theory that every locked thread begets another thread discussing why the locked thread was locked. :p

And while we're on the subject, and this gets brought up a lot, freedom of speech is related to censorship or restraint by the government. It does not mean that anyone can spout anything they want on private services like these forums. It's not a Canadian/US thing, it's merely not how the US free speech laws work.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 6th 2018, 22:10:00

STOP CURTAILING HIS FREEDOM OF SPEACH AND RESTORE HIS COUNTRY YOU DELETED PANG!
Smarter than your average bear.

War Admiral of Tri

Jul 7th 2018, 11:38:35

To Pang:

Thank you for your message.

First: Respect.

Second: Is there a list anywhere, that show what words are not to be used on this private service?

If you said: You can never use the word "crap" again, then you can bet your shank bone steak (could't think of another phrase for Gluteous maximus) I would never use that word in a psychological warfare message to some piece of utter garbage that attacked my country, unprovoked and out of the blue, in this war game where we obscenely kill each other.

I'm not trying to argue because I would still like to continue to play the game, but I think that it is fair to say that what you judge as obscene, somebody else might not.

A Plumber once told me, (and this is the truth) that: "What is feces to you is bread and butter to me."

(he actually used the word starting with S and ending with T for feces, but I know that I am on thin ice so, fearing the headsman's axe I, please take note, did not write the word).

If you said that in a room of old ladies knittings quilts, I'm sure they would be horrified.

If you said that in a room full of plumbers, they would probably laugh, consider it shop talk, and agree.

So ultimately, what you and the other Gods might deem obscene or inappropriate, due to your individual upbringings, might have no intellectual consequence or impact to others, especially to a game full of guys that are trying to kill each other.

Does that seem reasonable?

If you had a list of banned vocabulary that could be clearly communicated to the players, then you would probably never have another problem with what you might deem as obscene.

If you don't want to do that... well, that's acceptable as well.

If that is the case could you please communicate to this community that anything that is written will be subjected to the subjectivity of the moderators.

If this is too much, why not let the accused have due process and stand before a limited time poll thread of his or her peers for Judgment? Sort of like a fair democracy. If the majority thinks a vocabulary word is punishable by deletion... then, so be it. If not, the player lives to kill another day.

If none of this is possible, maybe just say, "None of this is possible" and like, under Obama, we can operate here in Plato's Cave under a pseudo-dictatorship.

Lastly, let me just say, please pardon some of my sarcasm. I do love this game, want to continue to play, and think the Mods are very nice people all in all, despite being a little touchy.

I am asking for help and guidance so that I can continue to play.

Thank you in advance.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2018, 12:53:57

^^ just don't be a jerk to people ingame (or on the forums). That's the bottom line. There's lots of nuance to messages which is why mods review them rather than just banning based on a swear filter.

"That's fluffing awesome!" would get caught by the same filter as "fluff you" if we banned "fluff", for instance.

This is my last statement on the subject as this is something that 99% of our players are cool with. Hope you're also one of them :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com