Verified:

Dissident Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 2:47:53

Yes, the last one was tl;dr... this one won't be much different. If you feel the urge to say tldr or something similar, then don't bother reading or posting. This isn't for you anyways.
---------------------------------------------------------------
...continued

So we had become a pretty fun place to play on the team server for a good while. We warred untags and we had the XYZ wars and the zigzagzig wars... and all of the Celphi drama was on team server, but where it really became exciting was when we joined the Alliance server.

Truth be told, nobody on 1a even knew who we were, and that was perfect for us. I could see it already in my head that we would change the way that server went about its business. We started small, I think we had 12-15 members and that's all we wanted. I knew that if we went much higher than that there would be some players who would slack off. I wanted 90%+ activity on First Strikes. Mobile highlights were mandatory. For the first year of 1a, I think my highlights were as follows: "Dissident" "Elders" in the channels #elderswar #elders #alliance #team #theelders. I was NOT fluffing around. I had lists of everyone's phone numbers and the warroom was active nearly all the time. And that doesn't include the Facebook chat conversations we had going on all simultaneously. We had 3 different ways to make a phone blow up when it was time to wall and I wasn't afraid to use it. If you didn't like it, you could leave Elders and it wouldn't matter to me.

We went into Alliance server with the same mentality that we did on the team server. Uberactive or fak off. We were pirates sailing around in the calmest waters imaginable. I don't think 1a had seen a serious war in a long while and everyone was sleepily netting... seeing who could landtrade with their buddies the best and get the fluffiest numbers on the scoreboard. That shizz didn't mean dyck to any of us. We would tech and get stocks... and then blast someone into submission.

In the earlier wars we stuck to targets that were manageable. In our eyes, a target that was larger in numbers by like 5-10 was an evenish war. I remember when Buch started our first war against OMA. It was hilarious. He didn't like a guy there so he just started hitting him like Leroy Jenkins... And we were like... ok. Let's do this. Whelp? It was fun because they were so salty afterwards and everyone was thinking, who are these panks?

I think the only people who knew who we were is Stones. They fought us on Team server and provided the most content by far. It was a lot of fun fighting against those guys... they fought with class and they never stopped trying. I gotta give them credit for that. Fortunately for the Elders, Stones were willing to fight us on the Alliance server as well. They had more numbers by a fair margin but we were under the assumption (and I believe this to be proven fact) that uberactivity will crush larger alliances every time. Keep your HPK down and keep their HPK up... you will win. Push through wallers. Run effective warchats at ANY time of the day. Oh ya, we never scheduled warchats. We just hit whenever we had enough turns for a kill. It made us unpredictable in that way because we had people who never slept and worked nightshift etc. We also beat up on Rage and Rival... and i think even after they merged we beat them again. Our war record had been stellar up until this point but some of our critics boasted that we only blindsided netters or the unprepared. We definitely collected the tears of netters... those were easy. it was time that someone a little more established tried to fight us to test our meddle.

Enter- Stage Left- SOF

I forget how this came about. I want to say SOF fsed us or we had an arranged war set up. It was a great war. The numbers were solid... and to boot, the ICNers in Elders HATED SOF lol. I mean, I know I did. SOF basically ran ICN off the server at one point. They crushed us and we went from 25 members to 13. So I felt like I really wanted to get revenge for all of that. Azn and Link didn't care much about that part of it, but I did. I was incredibly active for that war. I think it even happened during the winter when work was really slow so I was able to wall 22 hours out of the day. The fight was incredible and fun... and both sides were having fun even though Elders came out as the winner.
Up until we defeated SOF, I had never had a pleasant conversation with Warrior or Ironx or most people from SOF, but after that war it felt like we had a bond. That is when we decided to try a tentative merger (which basically has become a permanent thing since that war).

Elders was growing... and we only accepted those who knew how to and more imporantly "WANTED" to war. There wasn't anything greater. We didn't need to beg people to hit or hound them to come to warchats, they just came. We were the only show in town when it came to action... and that fluff sells itself my dudes...

now we could take on larger targets. We had an active base, numbers to really challenge SOL and/or LAF, and the desire to do so. It was time to shake the server up a bit but we didn't really know how to do it until that one set when we decided we would go pactless. lemme tell you... that made the big dogs nervous as cats. The facebook chat was full of fun. Link, Azn, Dark Demon, Rasputin, and I (the current team server Elders) Discussed options all the time... Who would Elders hit this set? Nobody knew... most of the time we didn't even know. We just knew that someone was gonna die and salty tears would be harvested. Like, looking back, outsiders think that we had some grand scheme plan, but we really didnt. We had the whole server on a <1:Kill policy. We signed a couple uGFY pacts... it was great fun.

Next thing we knew, someone large decided to take a chomp at us. It was March of 2016... i remember because I was at a bar in Regina Saskatchewan and my phone started to blow up. I logged in as fast as I could but I was dead. SOL had FSed us and it was looking bleak. I think we lost 7 countries in that FS. It was hard to swallow, but AZN the master strategist never gave up. Through great target selection and leadership, that dude pulled us through that war and we came back to win the cucksucker. It was my favourite war of all time. That earthgraphs chart was a badge of honour. I had nothing else to prove after that. Uberactivity will win. Hands down. No arguments left. Period.

Shortly after that war, we decided it was time to recruit! So Link and I went on a binge of asking everyone we knew to join us. We tried to get the Netters Anonymous players back- Kat, Thunder, Bug, Kuari (they all played Elders off and on). We begged Replica to try it, Coalie, perkster, toby... none of them stuck around long enough, but there was one who came along to try it and it seemed to have stuck. Derrick.

let me tell you, Derrick is also some next level ninja shizz... and this dude had a hardon for killing laf. He said he would come along forever if we hit Laf forever. So we said "sure!" Lemme tell you, did this ever bring some other big names to the table. We had already sort of acquired Symbolic and Rouger and Sui... but more MD wanted to join. More SOL wanted to join. When Dragon decided he wanted to kill Laf with us, I knew we were going to have a lot of fun for a long time. Elders kept getting stronger and stronger. This simply cannot be disputed. they had developed their new bot and it was so awesome for our speed... Laf was going to pay. I don't know what they were paying for since I didn't really have feelings for or against Laf at the time, but I figured it would be fun so we did it. i won't get into the war details too much for this one because it was basically a 10 month haze of fighting laf. LOL. They didn't get to net for like a year. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Alright, I'm gonna wrap this up now without going into more details.
Thank you to all of my enemies and naysayers for the salt over the years. Thank you to all of the supporters who really wanted to shake the server up. i think we definitely made our mark.

I never did anything remarkable in ICN. Nobody knew who I was even when I was President there. When Link and I started Elders, I didn't know it would become such a huge success. I consider it one of my crowning achievements in this game. I didn't do it alone... I didn't even do most of the work. I mean... Link and I found Azn. Azn knew some great people who knew some great people who wanted to fight. It was almost like dominos falling over. By the end, we got the big dominos even tho in the grand scheme of things, Link and I were very little dominos who are very different people. Like... so different you would never think we would get along, but we did... and how! We did it Link, you big asshole!

Thanks for the memes. If you wanna hook up with me, I'm playing a different game called "Eve Online" under the name Disstair. I fly with a corp called Moosearmy in an alliance called TEST Alliance Please Ignore. Look me up if you play that game and we can blow each other up.

Gnight everyone. and remember "Never not war"

sinistril Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 3:04:31

Good luck Dissi, FWIW I found the story interesting even if no one else read it haha :P

If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 3:20:55

Haha. For the record I do feel like I got laf back. We did a number on them and getting all those people corralled against them in the icn set was a thing of beauty I won't soon forget. Regrettably I wasn't killing the same laf, I was killing ghosts as was pointed out to me a number of times. I like almost everyone who plays there now. Almost.....

This laf is harder for me to kill. I not only have a ton of respect on a personal level with many of the guys there, but I also have a ton of respect for the way they turned out for those wars. It isn't the same group at all. But yeah. It's true. I'm a long term hater of laf. It was at one time my only goal. They ruined a year of my gameplay and we returned the favor. At this point, I've even made even with the old ghosts. Haha

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 3:52:50

Not even a mention. Sad face
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 3:53:00

Later my friend.
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 3:53:33

I didnt read any of that.

drkprinc Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 4:44:32

tl:dr
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

sinistril Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 7:20:39

Originally posted by Dark Demon:
Not even a mention. Sad face

As probably the only one that read the whole thing, I can say he mentioned you. xD
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 7:42:37

I joined Elders to help vs SoL after they FS'd you :-)

gl in EVE, seems like a fun game!)
Don of LaF

Makinso Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 9:57:00

You did WHAT Gains?

Traitor! I call dibs on killing him guys DIBS DIBS! ;)

Link Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 12:17:52

😭🙂
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Link Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 12:22:40

The times were good.. always.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 15:01:17

Bye dissident! I had a lot of fun playing with you and the rest of Elders. So I R sad I was not mentioned in your history :(

Enjoy RL!

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 16:01:10

WOW TMI over a game

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 16:04:46

you will be back.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 5th 2018, 16:07:09

Interesting that you join a game that forbids the behaviours that you lived for in this game.

I will miss kungfuing you, but thats about it. I think team server would have had 100+ players without your bunch.

Ohh and I almost forgot. You need a mention for having been very helpful in reverse engineering the game's landgrabbing formulas for me/LaF when I farmed you. Thanks and bye.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 16:40:50

TL:DR

#lookatme
#attentionwhore
#nobodycares
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 17:25:07

They didn't get to net for like a year. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Yet the master war alliance Elders that loves war so much lost 15 members as a result of that war while LaF grew and is about to win TNW and challenge for ANW, rank 1, 50% of the top 10 and maybe even total members
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 21:31:30

Dissident it was a pleasure too work and play with you in elders. I hope the best in you're future endeavors.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 6th 2018, 1:52:09

Originally posted by Dissident:
Yes, the last one was tl;dr... this one won't be much different.

Now you have to call yourself AIDS. ;)

And yes I read all of this. When is the pop quiz?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

archaic Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 1:58:07

There is just way too much RL time work involved in EVE for me, just moving around with your stuff takes an hour at the keyboard. Its pretty though, and the political game is first rate if your more into that. Does trying to play an Alpha still suck balls or did they at least make F2P clones viable?

Oh, TL;DR

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dissident Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 4:34:15

alpha is a lot more viable. you can fly more ships. I plex my accounts pretty easily in nullsec. I'm not a rorq miner but i can farm 10/10 DED sites in my Paladin pretty easily. Dont need to move fluff around much... we own 8 systems just in our corp. It's a lot of fun.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 6th 2018, 13:31:28

Wait.... he declared war on countries/tags in this game without their consent?

HOW DARE YOU, Dissident?

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 14:21:44

^^ Racist^^

Rouger

EE Patron

Jun 6th 2018, 23:42:39

Dissident I need to say sorry to see you leave. I always enjoyed sharing the chat room with you!!

mrford Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 23:46:56

Who the fick is Dissident?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2018, 1:48:38

The libtard that retired...

and Dissi retired.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Jun 10th 2018, 14:50:09

o/ Dissy
*Splat*

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 10th 2018, 18:32:15

see you next time! :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com