Verified:

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:58:55

indeed.

I believe RD represent the pure rational thought and sensibility of the server!!:p hahaha

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 0:00:26

Wow, get a clue dragonlance.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 0:03:57

ya, I think DL needs a clue... that may have been true 5-6 years ago, but it's not the case since EE started.

on the topic of untaggeds and whatnot -> we DO have a solution for that, and it's being worked on by many folks... creating an AI entity which will expand the bottom of the "food pyramid" or whatever

that's a proactive solution that we can point to as admins and say "yes, that should alleviate that problem to some degree" but the political elements really can't be solved through those kind of admin-level endeavours, which is why it's up to the community to self regulate.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:09:47

meh at least they have a chance to grab back when they are alive.

ZIP Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:09:59

i agree with that lets self regulate - stand up, don't roll over. plane and simple, words alone will not get it done.

If you don't believe that you can, then you can't.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:10:53

not the case?

Evo, THIS SET:

Justify their actions.

BadFish Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:13:10

Spawn still swallows !
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:13:45

I'm not talking about game solutions for the admin. From an admin perspective you are doing a fine job as far as i'm concerned.

I'm talking clan solutions for pang/slag the LaF/Evo members. From an alliance perspective, the last time LaF netted, they farmed ely into the ground. Evo is netting now and farming untags into the ground.

These 2 alliances don't care about the future of the game.

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:16:06

What i'm saying is, you are also part of the community. Why don't you take some action in your own alliances the way alot of other alliances have done.

Alliances like PDM, Rage have taken steps to limit any farming of untags, and encourage competitive grabbing between alliances as a viable alternative using the ghost acre formulaes implemented by the admin team.

I just don't understand how Pang/Slag the admin can be so helpful, whilst pang the laf member sits back and does nothing. It's counter-productive, and it doesn't make sense.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 0:17:55

In all honesty, if you think me being in LaF makes them farm MORE, you are absolutely clueless.

I've been holding back their farming for years :p

That being said, if it's not LaF, it's Evo... or NA, or LCN.... there will always be players who want to pretty on the lower NW/new players.... when we have a big player base, that's not a huge issue, but with a limited one... it's not good.
That's why we have looked into other avenues for that side of the player experience argument.

There's not as many small/new/multi/inexperience players as there used to be (by many, many times) so we are looking for solutions to solve that problem so that when new players DO come to servers like this one they won't become an obvious target.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:18:10

Our FA dealings were never unreasonable. I make exceptions and give flexibility all the time. Ask LCN or Evo.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

locket Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:18:55

DL...untaggeds should be farmed....the server is called alliance. A monkey could find somewhere to join by now.

Grabbing of alliances should be limited but meh.

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:24:43

i'm not saying YOU make them farm more.

I'm saying that if YOU truly believe in moving the game forward, you should DO more to stop them, or leave the alliance.

Locket, i would have no problem accepting that, if you were willing to accept that this is a war game and an alliance has the fight to kill whoever they want ingame whenever they want? Is that a deal? I see little difference between farming untags and FS'ing random alliances. 1 comes from the other.

SMz Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:26:00

bye bye fist ! no one will miss you because you are lossers!

TAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:30:53

In our defense, we were lging EVERYONE like crazy. Almost led to a war with LaF, I speak to LCN and Evo it seems on a daily basis regarding FA stuff.....etc
FREEEEEDOM!!!

dixiechick Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:37:53

ok dabnabbit now i have to post. well I can't say i am not surprised with all the lging on us and our "former member missiling you guys that you hit us but why did you accept the terms of payback and then FS us. both clans were making a good bit on ghost acres.

just dont make sence. and please dont drag up old Earth history. that was so long ago. no one left from that crew but TW and Nole and TW is old and Nole well he loves a good fight so all you did was make him happy. (hides from Nole)

locket Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:41:57

You see no difference?

Are there people in the NHL, NFL, or MLB who play on their own team literally? No. Those are TEAM games. This is a TEAM game. EXPRESS PRIMARY TOURNY are SOLO games. Maybe when you get that through your head it will be more worthwhile seeing your posts.

In a game like counterstrike or sc2, if you had 2 sets of pros on either side and one random dude, do you not think that if there was some gain to taking that person out or hitting them it wouldnt be done? Jebus dude...

Thomas Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:47:34

Come play in Collab. We got your back!

And what game are you guys testing out?

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:48:44

you COMPLETLY IGNORED my post and posted another ridiculous locket rant.

i am saying you can't have a double standard. YOu'll also note that like counterstrike, the 2 opposing teams take each other out. They don't just team up to go feasting on those random dudes then sit down and sing kumbaya whilst watching their weapons cache grow..

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 0:53:10

Finally the fist is good for something
/me hangs coat

NoleICN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 0:55:05

Originally posted by dixiechick:
ok dabnabbit now i have to post. well I can't say i am not surprised with all the lging on us and our "former member missiling you guys that you hit us but why did you accept the terms of payback and then FS us. both clans were making a good bit on ghost acres.

just dont make sence. and please dont drag up old Earth history. that was so long ago. no one left from that crew but TW and Nole and TW is old and Nole well he loves a good fight so all you did was make him happy. (hides from Nole)

No they didnt make me happy... theyve just pissed me off beyond belief now... And anyone that knows me knows that me and pissed off = VERY bad things to come.
Nole

Retired

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 0:55:26

Actually, DL, I do feel like I bring that opinion forward in LaF and that I have since well before I became involved with EE. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 0:59:05

Why does dragonlance insist that tags like evo not protect themselves from threats?

Let's look at Elysium. They never approached us for a pact. They started grabbing us first. We grabbed them back a few times. We were then nice enough to offer a 8 member tag a pact. Elysium accepted the pact.

So why are you so insistent on making Elysium into victims when you don't even know what's going on and Elysium isn't even complaining? The bottom line is that Elysium gets itself into more trouble than it can handle, then people like you come on AT and demand that other alliances not protect themselves or retaliate. For example, elysium had a stocking demo techer. That country decided it was bored, so it switched to tyranny then bragged about the topfeeds it was doing on AT.

I really can't believe that anyone would attack poor, innocent elysium. How dare they! They should landtrade like RAGE! That's positive for the game, right?

Let's take a look at alliance defends. EVO has around 258 on the set. 18 of those were from reps and a few were retals. We killed exactly one country. 240:1, that's a pretty good ratio. I'm pretty sure that a WARRING tag like RAGE would never allow something like that. We have way more defends than RAGE does, and I bet that many of RAGE's defends were retals.

There are tags out there that kill small, nonthreatening untaggeds over single landgrabs or for no reason at all. Yet instead of calling out those tags, you just fluff about EVO and LaF. Awesome.

Let's talk about "the farming of untaggeds". Do you honestly believe that this is a likely scenario?

A new player joins earth. For whatever reason, he decides to only play the "alliance" server. He ignores all of the ingame warnings about tagging up and the recruitment messages, like this one:

Recruitment message: "Rage is always recruiting. Our main goal is to enjoy ourselves, and foster an environment that includes a hell of a lot of fun."

He gets landgrabbed a lot, then quits the game forever.

It is insanely easy to join an alliance. Practically anyone, even known troublemakers, can make a thread on AT and get half a dozen offers in an hour. There are ingame recruitment messages delivered to untaggeds. So what rational player would deliberately choose to play untagged? For the most part, they are all suiciders or people about to tag up to an alliance.

Why are there so many untagged jetters out there who buy the right techs, specialize, and consistently grab low defense countries? Do you honestly believe that these are poor victimized new players? They are people who have exactly one goal: suiciding and doing as much damage as possible. If evo does not grab them, then they will have more resources to do damage to evo or her allies.

I believe that you're one of those players who throws a fit whenever we make it harder to suicide, right? Try to understand this: making it so easy to suicide demands that netting tags farm or kill any potential threats. It's way cheaper than getting suicided on.

Is that enough justification or do you want to keep going?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 1:06:37

That's a pretty intense post. But all pretty correct... we've made it SO easy to join a tag now the only reason to play untagged is because you actually want to.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Nov 11th 2010, 1:07:36

I would play untagged just to suicide on Pangs country <3

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:14:07

DL...untaggeds should be farmed....the server is called alliance. A monkey could find somewhere to join by now.
-locket

Locket, i would have no problem accepting that, if you were willing to accept that this is a war game and an alliance has the fight to kill whoever they want ingame whenever they want? Is that a deal? I see little difference between farming untags and FS'ing random alliances. 1 comes from the other.
-Dragonlance

Gotta agree with this tbh. (sorry i don't know how to quote more than one person at once) To be clear I'ms aying untaggeds should be farmed on this server, but random FSing of alliances should be accepted too...

I think that as the player base has shrunk some people want to net more. Personally, netting with such a small player base is really dumb b/c there are no untaggeds to grab, and grabbing established alliances doesn't really work, unless we go back to country:country retals. So...lets war. IMO thats the only fun thing to do on this server atm, and its actually pretty fun. Why don't the netters go net in the solo servers where grabbing can be very competitive AND they can/should push for suicide/war nerfing on these servers...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 1:17:29

Farming or killing known or likely suiciders is nothing like killing off 30 players who have done nothing to you just because you're bored. The only similarity is that someone's country ends up dead at the end of the day.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:20:45

this is a war game...if you are unprepared for war that is no reason for nobody to be allowed to fight you...

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:23:37

slagpit I would love to make a SKA of war alliances btw. Lets do it!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 1:25:42

That has nothing to do with what I just said.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:27:13

yes it does, you seem to have a problem with randomly FSing alliances...nothing wrong with that IMO and I quickly say why...

warlorde Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:29:24

lol you farm untags into the ground so they dont become suiciders? that seems a little backwards (i skimmed through that post because it was too long, but if thats what you are saying thats funny)

I will jump on the bandwagon and say Ely is no saint. they do grab first and get themselves into trouble

ZIP Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:29:48

do it bobbyATA make the change
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:31:23

I'm happy to accept what you say Slagpit, and i would be inclined to agree with you.

But the fact still remains. Your not prepared to accept that this is a war game and that war is a justified way of playing. Until such time your whole arguement is flawed.

You should accept that War alliances hit netting alliances to keep netting alliances weak because those netting alliances are threats to the success of warring alliances. To not do so, just throws your whole arguement under the bus.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 1:32:53

But it's not just a war game.... it's a strategy game with a war element.

It doesn't say anywhere YOU MUST ATTACK AND KILL ALL THE TIME!!!! The war aspects of the game are anything from land grabbing to market-focused military holdings to full blown conflicts between alliances. If you think this is the kind of server that should just be complete and total war all the time, I think you have the wrong idea about the intent of the alliance server. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:34:39

you can't honestly sit there with a straight face and say you truly believe that evo is justified in farming untags into the ground, but a war alliance is not justified in hitting a netting alliance to keep them under control and clear of LG'ing the warring alliance.

e.g. SOL FS'ing LaF as LaF was gaining alot of membership and getting to a point where they had the power to start pushing war alliances around and SOL needed to show who's boss for a set or 2.

SoF hitting NA to push NA down and do the same. As those 2 were the largest netting alliances and so the best candidates for a show of force..

a preventative measure to stop the netters from getting too aggressive with their policies towards war alliances perhaps?

kemo Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:36:22

i aint read all this but im just gonna mention with all the in game clan recruiting untags get its their own fault if they choose to stay untagged. you cant cater to people unwilling to get better. if i forget to tag up within the first 4 days i get atleast 2 messages let alone what they get the whole set
all praised to ra

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:36:34

p.s. good to see these topics back out in the open for some discussion again.

Remember in the end it is still just a game.

kemo Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:38:10

also twiz has no bar stools for his corn crops
all praised to ra

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:38:44

also.

if thefist wants to join rage:p...

hit me up:p

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 1:47:48

Originally posted by warlorde:
lol you farm untags into the ground so they dont become suiciders? that seems a little backwards (i skimmed through that post because it was too long, but if thats what you are saying thats funny)

Alliances FS other alliances to defend themselves? omg lol how backwards!!!1

Grabbing untaggeds and warring alliances FSing for "no reason" are two different issues. You are free to justify either activity if you like.

"you can't honestly sit there with a straight face and say you truly believe that evo is justified in farming untags into the ground, but a war alliance is not justified in hitting a netting alliance to keep them under control and clear of LG'ing the warring alliance."

Of course I can. Untagged countries have zero responsibility, so they have no rights. They also have no incentive to abide by any diplomatic agreements that they make, so why bother trying?

Alliances make diplomatic agreements (not necessarily even pacts) to solve disputes all of the time.

locket Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 1:58:08

jesus fluff you guys are idiots. I say farming untaggeds is fine. Farming clans is not fine. Landgrabbing a bit is but farming is not. How the heck is it simply fine to randomly kill people every set? The comparison to what imag did is for laf to literally farm an entire clan to death so that they must restart their countries. Is that fine? Should we say this is an economic based game and we should farm people to literal ingame death?

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 2:04:01

Fist:
Great playing with you guys sorry to see this happen.
I am sure there is an open door for you at LCN if any of you still want to play this crazy game

nimrodix Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 2:15:06

I would love to make a buncha smartass comments.
but if I do deli and lime will slap me silly.
bah

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 2:27:49

Originally posted by Slagpit:
omg lol how backwards!!!1

uhm... when did a 12 year old girl and/or Kingme take over your forum account?

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 3:11:06

locket, you are the idiot for thinking it's ok to do one thing to one person and not enough purely based on their tag.

Just accept that farming is no different from imag's actions and that those who farm coutnries, tagged or untagged are as culpable as those who FS randomly without provocation.

Then we can all move on.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 3:36:18

Originally posted by locket:
jesus fluff you guys are idiots. I say farming untaggeds is fine. Farming clans is not fine. Landgrabbing a bit is but farming is not. How the heck is it simply fine to randomly kill people every set? The comparison to what imag did is for laf to literally farm an entire clan to death so that they must restart their countries. Is that fine? Should we say this is an economic based game and we should farm people to literal ingame death?

How is it alright to farm untags but not clans? Driving out 10 individuals who aren't teamed together is better than driving out 10 individuals who are teamed together in some way? Farming a country unprovoked is the same form of griefing as random FSes.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 4:03:08

detmer, that point was rendered moot by Slag...

new players are REALLY pushed to join clans on this server, so those who don't do it are only untagged because they WANT to play untagged.

This was not true years ago, but it is now and moving forward.

it's one of the ways that we have tried to make the game friendly for new players.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Detmer Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 4:08:05

Originally posted by Pang:
detmer, that point was rendered moot by Slag...

new players are REALLY pushed to join clans on this server, so those who don't do it are only untagged because they WANT to play untagged.

This was not true years ago, but it is now and moving forward.

it's one of the ways that we have tried to make the game friendly for new players.

The point is not moot. It actually strengthens my point. If you join a tag or if you play untagged, farming is still griefing. No one is saying not to hit people who can't retal more than people who can. When a country is getting hit more than five times a day then you have to really start to wonder how appropriate your actions are in the sake of not driving players away.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 4:09:08

Yeah, this server isn't really for untaggeds. I have to agree with the shark mentality towards untaggeds at this point.

I can see that LaF and NA may have been regarded as burgeoning threats, but iMag insist on their "right" to be assholes to everyone. Well, Fist are asserting their "right" to not put up with it. Sorry to see them go.

Come play in NA! We need the numbers!
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7